shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some encouragment - big time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 1:31:21 PM
Author: coatimundi
Hiya Jodi! Too bad you can't get a kitty. I'm allergic too--no fun! How is everything?
Hi Coati! I'm faring pretty well, friend. I just got a phone call from soon to be exe mil. She wants me to meet with her and C together. Guess he's just falling apart. And she'd like to see us just have a talk and try to get him some closure. I'm willing to try, but I'm going to bring either my mom or dad with me. MIL always made a good buffer with us, so I think it may go ok. Plus she said that she's having him put together a bunch of stuff to give back to me. Hey, even if we accomplish nothing, at least I'll get some stuff. I can't go wrong there!

ETA - How's the finger?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:59:15 AM
Author: joflier
Date: 2/8/2009 1:31:21 PM

Hiya Jodi! Too bad you can't get a kitty. I'm allergic too--no fun! How is everything?
Hi Coati! I'm faring pretty well, friend. I just got a phone call from soon to be exe mil. She wants me to meet with her and C together. Guess he's just falling apart. And she'd like to see us just have a talk and try to get him some closure. I'm willing to try, but I'm going to bring either my mom or dad with me. MIL always made a good buffer with us, so I think it may go ok. Plus she said that she's having him put together a bunch of stuff to give back to me. Hey, even if we accomplish nothing, at least I'll get some stuff. I can't go wrong there!

ETA - How's the finger?

Hi hon!
I'm glad you're bringing one of your parents even though his mother sounds like she's trying to help. I really hope you get some stuff back, hon. Good luck with the meeting! When do you meet?

Finger is still broken--blah, but I have to start PT this week. Thanks for askin'!

xoxo

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just sending my thoughts your way...

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:09:00 PM

Hi hon!
I''m glad you''re bringing one of your parents even though his mother sounds like she''s trying to help. I really hope you get some stuff back, hon. Good luck with the meeting! When do you meet?

Finger is still broken--blah, but I have to start PT this week. Thanks for askin''!

xoxo
Really? PT just for a finger? I wanna see your xrays! I just got done xraying a pretty bad finger break about 10 minutes ago, actually.....

We are meeting on Sunday afternoon at this point. So I just need to mentally prepare for that. I want to be able to really answer their questions, but that''s just something I struggle with. But I want to try. Help him be able to move on a little easier maybe.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy and Holly for your kind thoughts! The flowers you sent were just lovely! Made my day!
1.gif
You girls are so sweet!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 9:42:34 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/8/2009 9:31:26 AM
Author: joflier

Date: 2/6/2009 10:54:33 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Hey, Jo! I haven't been here much lately (CRAZY busy!) . . . I was just wondering how you've been, friend!
35.gif
Howdy Irish!
35.gif

I've been pretty good for the most part. C is being difficult with me, and not making much progress there. He had filed for divorce, and his attorney submitted the paperwork to the court, and then before it got officially put in, and before I was served, he renigged, and had them put it on hold! Now his attorney is saying he won't do it, so now I have to go and do it. Not that its that big of deal, but its still like $150 to file. I figured, hey, 150 less that I have to spend, right? So, ya, he's being a butt. And haven't gotten much of my stuff back. Maybe a few things, but nothing too important. But, I'm still pretty content being on my own. I guess its helped that I've been really busy....Although I'm really sick and tired of hearing about valentines day crap. I know its dumb and just commercialized, but still. Emm, will you be my valentine?
2.gif
lol. So I guess that's kinda my update in a quick nutshell.
my RH gf
31.gif
2.gif
Where are my flowers and candy???

joflier

Ideal_Rock
So, my soon to be exe MIL called me up and is desperate for me to meet with her and C and Sunday. I guess he''s having a mental breakdown from this whole ordeal, and is not coping at all. He''s not sleeping, and is basically letting his business just drop by the wayside, and the bills are just piling up. She''s hoping that we can talk and try to get him some closure so he can start picking up the pieces and pulling himself together. I''m going to bring my mom with just so I don''t feel like its 2 against one. I''m just not looking forward to this at all. But, at the same time, I want him to start taking care of himself. Not to mention his business. If he defaults, I don''t want to be held liable for who even knows what.
38.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jo. It sounds like a tough spot. I think it''s really kind of you to be thinking about him.

If I may act as your protector, however, please promise that you will take care of yourself first and always. I know that you are all worried about him but want to make sure that the bulk of your energy and resources go to nurturing yourself. At some point, he''s going to have to deal with this on his own using his support system (or creating one).

I hope that I am not out of line and don''t want to sound harsh but I want to reiterate how important your own caretaking is right now. ((((hugs))))

tlh

Ideal_Rock
JO! That totally stinks. I wouldn''t want to meet with my ex either. But I tend to be rather evil when it comes to exes. It makes my DH laugh at me. Like, when we first started dating there was this guy who liked me. (I could be a bit of a juggler if you get me...) I figured, eh, you''re cool, we can be "friends" and my DH was like - well you KNOW NOW that he liked you... kinda critiquing my moves... (like oh you silly niiave girl..)

and I smiled and said, "I knew he liked me THEN... I can''t help it I''m soo good looking".
He laughed at me and was like "WHAT!?!" to which I replied, "Hey, it ain''t my fault I''m awesome, he feels how he wants to feel... I am just not obligated to like him back." Then he projected.. "OMG YOU are SOO VAIN!" and I replied, "I''m NOT VAIN, I''m AWESOME! There''s a difference, and I never told you that I wasn''t evil!"
11.gif

Now, the moral of this story is... people will feel how people will feel. People will perceive you as they want to perceive you... but as long as you know that YOU''RE AWESOME, nothing else really matters!!!
Come ON SMILE WITH ME! YOU ARE AWESOME. THough, if he really is having a pity party, try not to look your FINEST... he already knows what he''s missing out on, if you get me. Bring your support system, and check out. Don''t build him up at the expense of tearing yourself down... get me?

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:23:07 PM
Author: Gayletmom
Hi Jo. It sounds like a tough spot. I think it''s really kind of you to be thinking about him.

If I may act as your protector, however, please promise that you will take care of yourself first and always. I know that you are all worried about him but want to make sure that the bulk of your energy and resources go to nurturing yourself. At some point, he''s going to have to deal with this on his own using his support system (or creating one).

I hope that I am not out of line and don''t want to sound harsh but I want to reiterate how important your own caretaking is right now. ((((hugs))))
Your not out of line at all! I agree with you. Me is most important. And I can only worry about him so much. I just want to see him get himself together to take care of his business. I surely don''t want to have to file bankruptcy on account of him just letting everything go, when in reality, he could be focusing all this pain and just immersing himself in his business to build it stronger. Put all that energy to good use......Thanks for the hugs!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:36:41 PM
Author: tlh
JO! That totally stinks. I wouldn''t want to meet with my ex either. But I tend to be rather evil when it comes to exes. It makes my DH laugh at me. Like, when we first started dating there was this guy who liked me. (I could be a bit of a juggler if you get me...) I figured, eh, you''re cool, we can be ''friends'' and my DH was like - well you KNOW NOW that he liked you... kinda critiquing my moves... (like oh you silly niiave girl..)

and I smiled and said, ''I knew he liked me THEN... I can''t help it I''m soo good looking''.
He laughed at me and was like ''WHAT!?!'' to which I replied, ''Hey, it ain''t my fault I''m awesome, he feels how he wants to feel... I am just not obligated to like him back.'' Then he projected.. ''OMG YOU are SOO VAIN!'' and I replied, ''I''m NOT VAIN, I''m AWESOME! There''s a difference, and I never told you that I wasn''t evil!''
11.gif

Now, the moral of this story is... people will feel how people will feel. People will perceive you as they want to perceive you... but as long as you know that YOU''RE AWESOME, nothing else really matters!!!
Come ON SMILE WITH ME! YOU ARE AWESOME. THough, if he really is having a pity party, try not to look your FINEST... he already knows what he''s missing out on, if you get me. Bring your support system, and check out. Don''t build him up at the expense of tearing yourself down... get me?
I''m not really very evil. I''ve never had a relationship end on bad terms before. That''s a new one for me. I''ve always ended things on really good terms.
I like your post. Your so right. I am awesome. lol! No, but that''s really truely insightful. You can''t control how people feel about you, as long as your being true to yourself, let the chips fall where they may, right?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I know you will come out so much stronger than you could ever imagine! Just keep swimming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results