shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some encouragment - big time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Still thinking about you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Remember to take care of yourself - eat well and get adequate sleep (((hugs)))

tlh

Ideal_Rock
NO TIVO? WHAT? I''m gonna get you that TIVO!

( You need to watch Tropic Thunder, to get that in full context!
1.gif
)

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Oh goodness - I am so sorry to hear this. I am so proud of you for talking about it, and being strong, seeing a counselor and putting an end to how he''s treated you.

You are in my thoughts. Many many hugs.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Jodi,,, Oh I am so sorry this is going the way that is has.. AS far as your ering and other jewlery is concerned. My friend''s husband did the SAME thing.. and was told by HIS lawyer that he had to return it to the wife because it was
her property and could be considered STEALING.. .yes . You can file a police report since it was your property that he had no right to take. I am sure you don''t want to take this route, but ask your lawyer to get it back. This is a big deal .. My thoughts and prayers are with you

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Sending you more hugs Jodi! Thinking of you, my friend.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Oh joflier, I feel really, really bad. I was just reading through my own thread about my ring and thought your avatar looked different, so I clicked on your profile to see what's up and I saw this thread. I had actually read through some of it several days ago, but hadn't quite put the name with the thread, so when you responded last night to my mouse question, I made some off-hand comment about "the benefits of marriage".
38.gif
I'm so sorry about this ill-timed remark, and didn't mean it to be offensive in any way.

I'm sorry, too, that you're going through this now - I'm sending hugs and prayers your way. Given the comments I've read, you mean a lot to many people here, and I hope you take some refuge in that.

ETA - BTW, your new avatar is great! It really stands out.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 11:40:17 PM
Author: cellentani
Oh joflier, I feel really, really bad. I was just reading through my own thread about my ring and thought your avatar looked different, so I clicked on your profile to see what''s up and I saw this thread. I had actually read through some of it several days ago, but hadn''t quite put the name with the thread, so when you responded last night to my mouse question, I made some off-hand comment about ''the benefits of marriage''.
38.gif
I''m so sorry about this ill-timed remark, and didn''t mean it to be offensive in any way.

I''m sorry, too, that you''re going through this now - I''m sending hugs and prayers your way. Given the comments I''ve read, you mean a lot to many people here, and I hope you take some refuge in that.

ETA - BTW, your new avatar is great! It really stands out.
Oh, hey no need to apologize. I didn''t really give it a second thought. No worries. I''m one that''s not easily offended. Got another mouse this morning btw! Thanks so much for the hugs. Its so appreciated!
1.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to stop by and let you know I''m very proud of you for staying so strong...as far as the new mouse goes...get yourself a nice little kitten/cat at the shelter...not only will he/she serve as great company and support, but she''ll also be the blood thirsty killer you need to take care of the mouse problem!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, Jo! I haven''t been here much lately (CRAZY busy!) . . . I was just wondering how you''ve been, friend!
35.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2009 9:46:12 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Just wanted to stop by and let you know I'm very proud of you for staying so strong...as far as the new mouse goes...get yourself a nice little kitten/cat at the shelter...not only will he/she serve as great company and support, but she'll also be the blood thirsty killer you need to take care of the mouse problem!!!

Ditto! Kitties are awesome company - and their antics will make you laugh. And also ditto on how wonderfully you are handling this - good for you!
36.gif
It takes a very strong woman to keep a sense of humor through such a tough time, and you are doing such an elegant time of it
1.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 10:54:33 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Hey, Jo! I haven''t been here much lately (CRAZY busy!) . . . I was just wondering how you''ve been, friend!
35.gif
Howdy Irish!
35.gif

I''ve been pretty good for the most part. C is being difficult with me, and not making much progress there. He had filed for divorce, and his attorney submitted the paperwork to the court, and then before it got officially put in, and before I was served, he renigged, and had them put it on hold! Now his attorney is saying he won''t do it, so now I have to go and do it. Not that its that big of deal, but its still like $150 to file. I figured, hey, 150 less that I have to spend, right? So, ya, he''s being a butt. And haven''t gotten much of my stuff back. Maybe a few things, but nothing too important. But, I''m still pretty content being on my own. I guess its helped that I''ve been really busy....Although I''m really sick and tired of hearing about valentines day crap. I know its dumb and just commercialized, but still. Emm, will you be my valentine?
2.gif
lol. So I guess that''s kinda my update in a quick nutshell.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can only imagine what you must be going through, Jo, and I know it must be an incredibly difficult time. From what you''ve written here, it sounds like you''re holding up really well. Thinking of you and sending you best wishes...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry that he is being less than easy with this...you are still in my thoughts.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why did he put a stop to the paperwork? What a game to be playing at this point! I''m glad to hear that you''re doing okay.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t get a chance to read this whole thread, but I just wanted to say that I think you are a lovely person
12.gif
. I hate that you have to endure this, but in the long run I hope that it works out for the best. ((((((Hugs))))))

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Hey JO! Sunday Morning ((HUGS)) are in order! I made myself a nice warm cup of tea, (sweet dreams in the morning... am I weird or what!?!) and I sat down to do some PSing... saw your post about the TURD. I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE. You are being soo positive, and it really makes me smile. I know it is tough to be the strong one, and I just wanted to give you a huge hug! Me and my bff have this phrase... "stay positive" he and I have been bffs since we were in the 5th grade. We just look at life like - emotions attract - outcomes, but + feelings attract + outcomes... and well, at least by being positive, at least you aren''t SUFFERING through the sh!t... you know?

I''m sorry you''re feeling a lil down about Veterans DAY. So, if you still have yo'' sexy pants, a$$ kicking boots, you should hit the town! I LOVED going out w the girls (and a couple years the guys!) EVEN WHEN I HAD A BOYFRIEND!!! It was just sooo much more fun! We would go out dancing, and just really have it be a GIRLS night. I''d still do that now... cept I''m 1500 miles away from my closest girlie friends. So now, I''ll probably make some brownies, and get some Golden Spoon (frozen yogurt) put one on top of the other, and watch a movie that I love.... that has little to do with romance. HAHA! I like, shawshank redemption, forest gump, and peggy sue got married, or any gender role reversal cross-dressing movie will put me into stitches.

So if I get my brownies and yogurt, I''ll bring you a spoon. And if I make popcorn, I''ll pop you an extra bowl.
emlove.gif
So you won''t be alone on Vday! ((HUGS!))

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:07:07 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

Date: 1/24/2009 9:46:12 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Just wanted to stop by and let you know I''m very proud of you for staying so strong...as far as the new mouse goes...get yourself a nice little kitten/cat at the shelter...not only will he/she serve as great company and support, but she''ll also be the blood thirsty killer you need to take care of the mouse problem!!!

Ditto! Kitties are awesome company - and their antics will make you laugh. And also ditto on how wonderfully you are handling this - good for you!
36.gif
It takes a very strong woman to keep a sense of humor through such a tough time, and you are doing such an elegant time of it
1.gif
I''d love to get a kitty. But I just don''t have the money that I would need to be able to take care of one. Plus my allergies have gotten uber bad since I had to put my cat down last year. Now if I''m around anyone else''s cat, I get pretty sick. Too bad, cuz they do make such grea company!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Jodi! Too bad you can''t get a kitty. I''m allergic too--no fun! How is everything?

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Zoe, Dana, and IWPO. I appreciate you thinking of me!
1.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 10:26:04 AM
Author: Addy
Why did he put a stop to the paperwork? What a game to be playing at this point! I''m glad to hear that you''re doing okay.
I have no idea why. Maybe just a control thing? I guess just adding another cup of weird to the pot.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a little late to this thread, but I just wanted to say *hugs* and wish you the best of luck!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey Joflier, just checking in to see how you''re doing. I''m so hoping this process will be as quick as possible. Sounds like you''re managing pretty well, but my thoughts and hugs are going your way, nonetheless. We''re all here for you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joflier, thinking of you sweet friend. You are such a strong and lovely person; sending lots of encouragment, prayers and good thoughts your way. I am sorry about the kitty too; boo to allergies.

(((((huge hugs))))))))

dictionary-plants-flowers.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
We''ll all be your valentine, sweetie! We love you, if that helps. Here''s a lovely bouquet just for you.

longstem_rose_bouquets.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2009 9:31:26 AM
Author: joflier

35.gif
Howdy Irish!
35.gif

I''ve been pretty good for the most part. C is being difficult with me, and not making much progress there. He had filed for divorce, and his attorney submitted the paperwork to the court, and then before it got officially put in, and before I was served, he renigged, and had them put it on hold! Now his attorney is saying he won''t do it, so now I have to go and do it. Not that its that big of deal, but its still like $150 to file. I figured, hey, 150 less that I have to spend, right? So, ya, he''s being a butt. And haven''t gotten much of my stuff back. Maybe a few things, but nothing too important. But, I''m still pretty content being on my own. I guess its helped that I''ve been really busy....Although I''m really sick and tired of hearing about valentines day crap. I know its dumb and just commercialized, but still. Emm, will you be my valentine?
2.gif
my RH gf
31.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hang in there, Jo. I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I have been thinking of you. I''m sending you lots of ((((hugs)))). I know that things are very tough right now but this WILL get easier. You are stronger than you know and you will come out of the other side even stronger.

Please take extra good care of yourself. I vote for lots of warm baths, hot chocolate or tea, candles and some music that you love. You need lots of TLC.

We are all with you and I would be thrilled to be your Valentine! Of course, I will get in line behind Dancing Fire and the others but I''m in.
30.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2009 9:31:26 AM
Author: joflier

35.gif
Howdy Irish!
35.gif

2.gif
OF COURSE, I''ll be your valentine!!! MWAH!
1237379fdqxrvb3f5.gif
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif

I have to say, I''m not surprised he''s being a jerk. I''ve been thinking all along that he probably doesn''t really want the divorce to happen, so I kinda expected him to start dragging his feet. But, look on the bright side . . . since he chose not to file, that gives you the opportunity to file, which puts YOU in control of the situation! Definitely worth the $150 IMO!
9.gif

I''m glad you''ve at least gotten a few of your things back. Hopefully he''ll give you more before the divorce is final! Has he given any of your jewelry back yet? That''s the thing that REALLY pisses me off . . . that jewelry is YOURS and he had absolutely NO RIGHT to take it!!! Grrrrr!!!
29.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 11:10:55 AM
Author: tlh
Hey JO! Sunday Morning ((HUGS)) are in order! I made myself a nice warm cup of tea, (sweet dreams in the morning... am I weird or what!?!) and I sat down to do some PSing... saw your post about the TURD. I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE. You are being soo positive, and it really makes me smile. I know it is tough to be the strong one, and I just wanted to give you a huge hug! Me and my bff have this phrase... ''stay positive'' he and I have been bffs since we were in the 5th grade. We just look at life like - emotions attract - outcomes, but + feelings attract + outcomes... and well, at least by being positive, at least you aren''t SUFFERING through the sh!t... you know?

I''m sorry you''re feeling a lil down about Veterans DAY. So, if you still have yo'' sexy pants, a$$ kicking boots, you should hit the town! I LOVED going out w the girls (and a couple years the guys!) EVEN WHEN I HAD A BOYFRIEND!!! It was just sooo much more fun! We would go out dancing, and just really have it be a GIRLS night. I''d still do that now... cept I''m 1500 miles away from my closest girlie friends. So now, I''ll probably make some brownies, and get some Golden Spoon (frozen yogurt) put one on top of the other, and watch a movie that I love.... that has little to do with romance. HAHA! I like, shawshank redemption, forest gump, and peggy sue got married, or any gender role reversal cross-dressing movie will put me into stitches.

So if I get my brownies and yogurt, I''ll bring you a spoon. And if I make popcorn, I''ll pop you an extra bowl.
emlove.gif
So you won''t be alone on Vday! ((HUGS!))
Lol -tlh - your post totally made me smile! Your so sweet. And I LOVE the shawshank redemption. My favorite movie of all time. So - you and me, some brownies, and the shawshank redemption! :) Actually, Clint just returned that DVD to me the other day, so I''m good to go!
3.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
It's a date!
9.gif

ETA: nothing like a good prison break film to get you through a prison-breaking divorce! FREEDOM!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking in misskitty and Cellentani. I''m still holding strong! I think it helps that I''ve just been so busy. I have hardly had any downtime this last month. Who knew being single was so involved! My goodness! I think, I''d actually like a little break so I can just sit and breath for minute. My poor house. I have so much organizing to do, and I haven''t had time to touch a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results