shape
carat
color
clarity

I love this agate but I'm worried the setting is a bit much. Love to hear your thoughts.

Thoughts on the ring?

• Too much for an office but fine casually.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not my cup of tea, but you do you, weirdo.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! It's been years since I've posted/commented on here!

I think since my account has been inactive for so long, PS won't let me post, so I created a new account! You may remember me from when I posted my mum's lovely South Asian jewelry collection:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-of-my-moms-indian-pakistani-jewelery.202056/

I was so thrilled by the enthusiastic response, and my mom is, to this day, grateful for the kind comments! I was beyond excited when the community started sharing their pieces. My word!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...gh-karat-yg-pieces.183028/page-3#post-3678602

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-gold-pieces-from-india.202206/#post-3679160

Ah, lovely PS jewelry nostalgia. Speaking of high karat gold, the reason I'm posting is that I have this 22 KT agate ring that I'm hoping to make a daily accessory.

My role involves daily presentations where my hands and I are front and center.

The stone itself is relatively subdued; it's the bright yellow gold that I worry is too much for a mundane office. I love the agate. It exhibits these subtle but playful striations that remind me of staring at Jupiter with my dad on a clear summer's night.
fre.PNG wfe.PNG WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 5.57.41 PM.jpeg
I know I'm a bit much, but it's a very image-obsessed office, unfortunately.

Love to hear your thoughts. If anything, I can enjoy it during casual outings. :)

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
Personally, I don't think it's too much at all! It's awesome.

The only sad thing is I've had people think bright gold pieces are 'fake' here in the US since most of our gold is 14k or 18k and tends to be pretty pale either way. It's up to you whether or not you care about their uneducated opinions. I probably wouldn't but if your workplace is really that 'image obsessed' then it's something to consider.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its perfectly fine. It looks rather conservative to me. You could have the gold satin finished to knock down the brightness some.

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
Simple setting, colour not over the top (think neon pinks or greens for example). I would not wear it with other rings (even on the opposite hand unless very simple like wedding band) because that might seem too much. I'd say no bracelets but yes to necklace or earrings if you want. For the necklace I would personally recommend a cabochon cut stone if you wanna wear it as faceted stones may look like they're clashing with the cab.
Of course assuming rings and jewellery are not considered safety hazards at your job; safety first, bling later ;)2

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not over the top at all.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Nothing more classic than an agate ring. They do go everywhere.

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I don't think it's too much at all! It's awesome.

The only sad thing is I've had people think bright gold pieces are 'fake' here in the US since most of our gold is 14k or 18k and tends to be pretty pale either way. It's up to you whether or not you care about their uneducated opinions. I probably wouldn't but if your workplace is really that 'image obsessed' then it's something to consider.

I do not care in the slightest! And yes, the vibrant color throws people for a loop. At work, it's all about dressing to conform to a specific look.

Imagine a douchey Porsche sales rep crossed with an uptight Oxford professor.

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
I think it is beautiful and love how it reminds you of watching Jupiter with your dad! If you love it, who cares what people think!

Ah, childhood. When staying up until 2 AM meant smores, fireflies, and quality family time instead of month-end reporting.

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
Nothing more classic than an agate ring. They do go everywhere.

Thanks! I think you're right. I might get a few turned noses from the more pretentious folk, but I'm going to love every minute of wearing this beauty.

Reactions: AV_

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
Simple setting, colour not over the top (think neon pinks or greens for example). I would not wear it with other rings (even on the opposite hand unless very simple like wedding band) because that might seem too much. I'd say no bracelets but yes to necklace or earrings if you want. For the necklace I would personally recommend a cabochon cut stone if you wanna wear it as faceted stones may look like they're clashing with the cab.
Of course assuming rings and jewellery are not considered safety hazards at your job; safety first, bling later ;)2

Hahaha, the only safety hazard here is the potential to die from boredom during the useless department meetings! I'm a guy in my early 20s; I think the ring is enough jewelry for me.

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! It's been years since I've posted/commented on here!

I think since my account has been inactive for so long, PS won't let me post, so I created a new account! You may remember me from when I posted my mum's lovely South Asian jewelry collection:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-of-my-moms-indian-pakistani-jewelery.202056/

I was so thrilled by the enthusiastic response, and my mom is, to this day, grateful for the kind comments! I was beyond excited when the community started sharing their pieces. My word!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...gh-karat-yg-pieces.183028/page-3#post-3678602

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-gold-pieces-from-india.202206/#post-3679160

Ah, lovely PS jewelry nostalgia. Speaking of high karat gold, the reason I'm posting is that I have this 22 KT agate ring that I'm hoping to make a daily accessory.

My role involves daily presentations where my hands and I are front and center.

The stone itself is relatively subdued; it's the bright yellow gold that I worry is too much for a mundane office. I love the agate. It exhibits these subtle but playful striations that remind me of staring at Jupiter with my dad on a clear summer's night.
fre.PNG wfe.PNG WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 5.57.41 PM.jpeg
I know I'm a bit much, but it's a very image-obsessed office, unfortunately.

Love to hear your thoughts. If anything, I can enjoy it during casual outings. :)

Thanks, everyone! You've convinced me! I will be wearing it starting tomorrow morning.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Adam95 Who does turn away from this, might as well...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simple setting suitable for daily wear I'd say.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ive never worked in an office but id love to work beside that ring (and you) all day
who cares what anyone thinks
its just a ring
and a very beautiful one at that
after a couple of days anyone who raised an eyebrow will have got over it as it will just have become part of you
honestly im kind of shocked people can't wear what ever kind of jewlery they want
its an accessory, not ratty jeans or an inappropriate top
go for it.
i love it

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
Hahaha, the only safety hazard here is the potential to die from boredom during the useless department meetings! I'm a guy in my early 20s; I think the ring is enough jewelry for me.
...aaaaaaand I messed up, looked more at the hands than the username. Sorry
This type of ring is (I think) generally more mentally associated with older men than younger and I feel like most people would think of it as a unisex ring maybe a bit more on the feminine side. You bought it and like it so rock it :sun:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great on you and isn't too much at all! Wear it with joy!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. I love it.
BUT 22kt is soft. This means you will find /make little ‘dints” in the underside just by wearing it and bumping it / picking things up. If you don’t mind that, wear it all day everyday.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring! I do not think it’s too much at all!! If it gives you the ‘feels,’ then even more reason to rock it! Enjoy your jewelry!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love high karat gold, but if wearing it daily, you may see it scuffed up a bit since gold is such a soft metal. I do like the warmth of the stone with the warmth of the 22k gold though. I think it will be a lovely addition to your work presentations;)2

familynurse

Rough_Rock
Its a very beautiful ring with a lot of presence. No way people won't notice this ring. I love it and would wear it anywhere , at work, shopping, ect. It sounds as thought it will make you smile whenever you look at it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simple and understated ring. Then again, I'm biased towards 22kt and 24kt gold. :kiss2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it!!! Not over the top at all!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results