shape
carat
color
clarity

I love my new Regent!!! ...and thanks GOG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Hey, you did a great job with the pictues and the ring is gorgeous!

I love the double prongs! Very nice!

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 3/19/2004 1:12:38 PM openhelix wrote:

Tonysgeko, are we talking Studio 54 -esque disco ball action?? ----------------

Yes, I believe Richard Burton said it best when he described Liz Taylor's pear diamond ring. He called it liquid fire!
lickout.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats...beautiful ring

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
Hi, it's a beautiful ring!! Congratulations!

In the second to the last picture on the first page. The bottom right set of prongs on the center stone-- the one closer to the center-- is it a little crooked? Maybe it's just in the picture, but it looks a little bit further apart than the others. Thought i'd mention it incase you missed it!
If it's not and I'm just paranoid, I apologize!!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Really nice ring, but yes, you can take many more closeups for us
9.gif

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Icicles, I think it's just the picture... I took the ring out of the safe and looked at it again under a 10x loupe and no magnification. Under either they all look equadistance apart. Thanks for pointing that out though, it does kinda look like it from the picture!
1.gif

I'll try to get some more pictures tomorrow.
1.gif
Thanks for the comments everyone!!!
appl.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! The regent is a real sparkler and the trapezoids accent it nicely.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
WOW! What a stunning stone and an equally stunning ring! SO LOVING IT!!! That second picture of the stone's arrows was amazing!
love.gif
3.gif
Enjoy and wear it in good health! All the best to you!!!
9.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Openhelix, that is a beautiful ring. She is going to love it (after the smelling salts). I think that just might be enough to cause a serious faint.
9.gif
Congrats in advance, and be sure and post the proposal story.

Shay

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Shay!! That's really sweet of you to say!!
1.gif
I do hope she's surprised and impressed!! I'm sure every guy who proposes to his future wife is though. ...and I'll bring smelling salts, hoping for the best!
10.gif

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
Wow,

Very sparkly. It's so hard to take pictures of the flashes of light and color, but you have captured so many. What a stunner. It's so beautiful.

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Okay, you guys can give me a hard time for it taking awhile, but life's been kinda crazy lately!
wavey.gif
I took some more pictures that show the whole ring, including the euro-shank. I forgot that completely previously. There'll be a couple more to come.

SetCloseupCrown.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Wow, under magnification I guess it needs a little cleaning! To the eye it looks perfectly clean!
3.gif
I like this shot. It shows how substantial the ring really is!

setSideTilt.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Another similiar look!
1.gif

SetTopAngles.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Last one... laying on its side.

To top it off, She STILL has no idea!!

Setflat.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
OpenHelix, with every new picture, more drool comes out...honestly, you're killing me here!! It's SUCH a lovely ring! What a lucky lucky gal!!!
love.gif

Thanks for the pictures from the side. I was particularly interested in seeing the euroshank, as some people suggested it as a great way to steady a spinning solitaire. I am considering it, but some I have seen pictures of where frankly...ugly. Yours is a lsight euroshank, and it is hardly ugly! THANKS so much for the pics...I feel I can go on now...but wait...one more peek at your lovely ring...ahhh...Ok, just one more...
naughty.gif
9.gif

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Nicrez, you're too kind! Your radiant is stunning and the story of your proposal is equally breathtaking!

I agree with you that some euroshanks are less than attractive. It's a perfect way to stop the spinning and it can be added to any "round" ring anytime by a good benchman. Just be very clear in what you want and the balance of function and aethetics. FWIW, I used an example from A. Jaffe for that portion and modified it a little to my liking.
1.gif

wallace

Shiny_Rock
WOW! WOW! WOW! I am drooling with Nicrez! I meant to write yesterday but I think I was too overwhelmed... that ring is STUNNING! You put so much caring and attention into every detail - and it shows. She will really know she is special.

I love "chunky" settings, square stones, paltinum, and most of, the not-oft-seen Euroshank. Not just good for anti-spin but I think, also very elegant.

When are you asking her? Congrats on the ring and advance felicitations on your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results