shape
carat
color
clarity

I love my new Regent!!! ...and thanks GOG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
I posted a thread similiar to this on another board, but since I have so many friends here, and I won''t get blasted for mentioning the vendors name, I wanted to share here as well!!!

Wow!!! After a long journey of examining stones of various shapes and sizes and colors, mine has arrived! I have long been amazed by the mathematics involved in ideal cut rounds, but my girlfriend loves the square shape. To make a long story short, with the help of Jonathan at Good Old Gold, I found the Regent! It is absolutely gorgeous. I took a few [very] amateur pics, over 200, this week when it arrived. These are some of my favorites!
9.gif
It''s moving to live with the jeweler that making the custom setting, more details on that to follow, for the next 2-4 weeks.

All these pictures are of the stone in just a ring-shaped stone holder, no relation to the custom setting it will eventually live in.

(more pics to follow) This first one is a little fuzzy but shows the stone throwing off some great colors!

ALookOfColor.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
1st H&As pic done freehand with a viewer and cam

Rege ntArrows1.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Second Arrows pic... same method

RegentArrows2.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
A side view of the stone...

SideViewOfStone.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
A great view from the top down...

OvertopStoneInBoxPS.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
More colors!!!

ColoredFire2.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful colored fire!!!

ColoredFireSparkles.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
A good closeup
3.gif

RegCloseup2.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Another angle... great sparkles!

BoxOfSparkles.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
On my finger
loopy.gif

CloseUpOnFinger.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Great closeup!!

RegCloseup4.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Blinding light!!!
10.gif

TheBlindingLight.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Okay, that's it for pics! LOL! I took over 200 pictures in the first day and a half it was here!! All the pictures were taken in either natural sunlight or under standard indirect household, incandescent lighting. Thanks everybody for looking!!! Can you tell I'm a little excited?

Jonathan (aka Rhino) from Good Old Gold was great throughout the entire process. Everytime we talked I felt like I was sitting on the couch with a college buddy! He answered all my questions and requests promptly and delegated where appropriate. ...Although I will say his delegates were not nearly as prompt in replying, I have a feeling Jon is the big internet junkie as opposed to his staff. I'm sure they would have been very attentive had I shown up in the store and they were great over the phone.
21.gif
I only wish I coulda worked a cash discount out of Jonathan, but I have a feeling he knew I was hooked once we hit this Regent!
2.gif
wacko.gif

Overall, I'm very happy with the experience and I'm definitely looking forward to working with Jon and GOG again in the future. The setting is a design meld between myself and a local custom jeweler in the bay area. It's being fabricated now (NO casting here!) and I'll be sure to post pictures when it's complete!

Any thoughts or comments???

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
wow, what a sparkler!!
1.gif
What a lucky gal..

what are the specs of the stone?

who is the jeweler you're working with in the bay area? let us know how things work out!

good luck with your upcoming engagement!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! The stone is AMAZING of course. Please do post specs.

Curious as well as to who you are working with in the BayArea. We worked with our jeweler's designer in Aptos. Happy with their work but always seeking out new custom creators...
2.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone...I LOVE Regents...as if you couldn't tell
9.gif

Please let us know which one you got...

Can't wait to see pics of it set...I will add them to the Regent pics thread

Especially in a custom setting

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
FYI thanks for posting here as well...otherwise we would not have been able to see the pictures
9.gif

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!!
1.gif

Sorry for forgetting the specs!!
.966 ct
Color - I
Clarity - SI1
5.90x5.84x3.84
69% Table
65.8% Depth
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Very Good
Flor - None
Here's the page with the info, and the pretty B-scope pictures)
Good Old Gold .96 Regent

For you who asked who in the bay area I'm working with, it's someone VERY familiar with Regents, pretty much the only west coast source of them. It's a small shop called Geoffrey's in San Carlos (101 and Holly Street). I intereviewed a lot of custom jewelers in the area and really felt he was the one. His work is gorgeous!! Everything in the store in beautiful! And he has a passion for Regents so he understands them and setting them. Here's the website: Geoffrey's

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on the beautiful stone...
9.gif

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Openhelix, you should view your regent with a strand of clear x-mas lights in a darkened room.
lickout.gif

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Tonysgeko, are we talking Studio 54 -esque disco ball action??

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! It looks bigger than .96
9.gif

Michelle

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi openhelix,

Thanks for the kudos and let me just say those are some excellent shots, especially that 2nd Arrows shot and the pics you've taken capturing the extreme fire and brilliance of the Regent. You really do have a beamer and our entire staff sends their kudo's back to ya for giving us the opportunity to be of service in helping you pick the most beautiful stone to capture her heart.

Best regards,

Jonathan & the GOG staff

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Many Congrats, OH!!
appl.gif
Can't wait to see pics of the finished ring!!
love.gif

With a dazzling stone for a great start, the ring will be spectacular!!
10.gif

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
I just got word the finished ring might be ready as early as mid next week!!!
love.gif
Wow!! I'm so excited!
appl.gif
I'm almost nervous to see it for the first time!
lickout.gif

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so I finally took a few pictures of the completed setting. It's a little larger/chunkier than I had imagined, but very beautiful! I really love the final product! I know these pictures are horrible and really don't show off the beauty of the stone, but I promise to get some better ones up soon!

For thos wondering, the setting was custom made. All hand-worked 950 platinum. The sidestones are .18 (each) brilliant cut trapezoids. I thought their angular appearance really helped "square" the center stone visually. The only thing I'm unsure about is the jeweler mentioned he could thin out the prongs on the center stone a little. But as it's easier to take off than put back on, I figured I'd wait a little while to see how I felt.

One cool thing is that the prongs are set around the arrows in the stone so they are still visible! On most Regents the corners are a big source of light return and I didn't want this to be obscured by the prongs.
1.gif

SetTopAngle.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
A view from the side on my size 10 finger (only went to the first knuckle or so) For those who don't know, her ring size is a 5 and she has fairly slender fingers.

SetSideSparkles.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
A good view from the side and the surprise diamond

SetSideSurprise.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Another view on my finger... Anyone have a nice hand model around? :razz: ...or I could just give it to her?
2.gif
Nahhh!
tongue.gif

SetSideViewFinger.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Final picture... for now. A view from the top.

I'm really not all that proud of these pictures,
nono.gif
but I wanted to get something up! I promise to take some better ones soon!!
love.gif
9.gif

SetTopView.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results