shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buh bye you know who. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 8)

buhbye.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee how is Bailey doing today? How is his diarrhea? Is he eating? Continued healing dust and lots of love to Bailey and hugs to you.

@missy He just doesn’t like his food. I bought three additional bags at 75 dollars each because he loved it when I first got it. I’ve been messing around with adding different wet foods to mix in. It probably is my fault he had diarrhea because he has such a sensitive stomach. I can’t take it when he doesn’t eat. If he doesn’t eat he vomits so that always worries me. He also gets really out of breath when he goes up the stairs to bed in the evening. He’s been checked out...She just said old age.. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy He just doesn’t like his food. I bought three additional bags at 75 dollars each because he loved it when I first got it. I’ve been messing around with adding different wet foods to mix in. It probably is my fault he had diarrhea because he has such a sensitive stomach. I can’t take it when he doesn’t eat. If he doesn’t eat he vomits so that always worries me. He also gets really out of breath when he goes up the stairs to bed in the evening. He’s been checked out...She just said old age.. :(

I'm sorry :(
Getting old is challenging
Especially for us as we watch our furry babies struggle.
Of course they don't view it the same way and animals don't feel sorry for themselves. They just enjoy and live in the moment and don't experience the same psychological trauma we often do.
Sending you ((((hugs)))) and continued well wishes for Bailey. May he get past this and recover and get to share much more time with you Joanne. I get it. ((((Hugs)))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry :(
Getting old is challenging
Especially for us as we watch our furry babies struggle.
Of course they don't view it the same way and animals don't feel sorry for themselves. They just enjoy and live in the moment and don't experience the same psychological trauma we often do.
Sending you ((((hugs)))) and continued well wishes for Bailey. May he get past this and recover and get to share much more time with you Joanne. I get it. ((((Hugs)))).
I broke down and gave him three tablespoons of his old wet food. He has to eat the kidney protective food but he was starting to dry heave because he didn’t have anything in his stomach. His new food is sitting in a bowl..sniffed at but untouched.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I couldn’t take it anymore...I mixed a half can of his regular wet food and a cup of the kidney kibble. He ate it all. He‘s old and stubborn. I can’t explain to him that the new food will help protect his kidneys...He’s just an old dog that is set in his ways. I don’t know what to do...I think I may have to compromise and just give him 2/3 of the good food and let him have 1/3 of his normal food...It’s frustrating and scary....Dopey dog..

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I couldn’t take it anymore...I mixed a half can of his regular wet food and a cup of the kidney kibble. He ate it all. He‘s old and stubborn. I can’t explain to him that the new food will help protect his kidneys...He’s just an old dog that is set in his ways. I don’t know what to do...I think I may have to compromise and just give him 2/3 of the good food and let him have 1/3 of his normal food...It’s frustrating and scary....Dopey dog..

Hi Mamabee, that's what I meant in my earlier post: start with half half or as much as he will tolerate and slowly work towards a higher percentage. In about 1-2 weeks he should transition

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I went outside to fill the bird feeders today, the air smelled much cleaner for whatever reason.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mamabee, that's what I meant in my earlier post: start with half half or as much as he will tolerate and slowly work towards a higher percentage. In about 1-2 weeks he should transition

@kipari I did that but when it got to full kibble he turned his nose up..

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari I did that but when it got to full kibble he turned his nose up..

What does the vet say, is he ok if you mix it / sprinkle the kibble with his fave wet food for a while?

I truly get this because we had a picky eater Maltese for nearly 19 years and in the last years he had a specialty food for liver problems that he did not care for at all

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What does the vet say, is he ok if you mix it / sprinkle teh kibble with his fave wet food for a while?

I truly get this because we had a picky eater Maltese for nearly 19 years and in the last years he had a specialty food for liver problems that he did not care for at all

I’m waiting for her to call me back @kipari. She usually does it after hours if she’s busy and it’s not an emergency.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What does the vet say, is he ok if you mix it / sprinkle the kibble with his fave wet food for a while?

@kipari Did he eventually eat his special food?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari Did he eventually eat his special food?

Yes , he did! But we never had the vomiting... That reminded me of my hyperemesis gravidarum during my pregnancies: the thought of having to eat made me very sick and the empty stomach made me even sicker.....
Poor doggo!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed! I do remember we went from one specialty kibble to another specialty kibble and mixed it really slowly. Since he wasn't allowed any treats, it did also also work to make him do tricks and give him the new kibble one by one as "treats" sometimes.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes , he did! But we never had the vomiting... That reminded me of my hyperemesis gravidarum during my pregnancies: the thought of having to eat made me very sick and the empty stomach made me even sicker.....
Poor doggo!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed! I do remember we went from one specialty kibble to another specialty kibble and mixed it really slowly. Since he wasn't allowed any treats, it did also also work to make him do tricks and give him the new kibble one by one as "treats" sometimes.

Thank you @kipari She said to continue doing what I’m doing which is 1/3 old food and 2/3 new food...until he gets use to it. Later the goal is to only give him a half can of the old food. It’s a quality of life thing. His diarrhea is gone and he seems happier.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @kipari She said to continue doing what I’m doing which is 1/3 old food and 2/3 new food...until he gets use to it. Later the goal is to only give him a half can of the old food. It’s a quality of life thing. His diarrhea is gone and he seems happier.

I had a senior girl who did this. Eventually got it to where all I had to do was shake a can over her food in the bowl (closed can, nothing coming out) and she was happy. Seniors can be funny! Keep at it and you will get there. I suspect it isn't the end of the world if he has a few Tbsp or even a bit more of his old food. Being happy is important too. Hang in there!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a senior girl who did this. Eventually got it to where all I had to do was shake a can over her food in the bowl (closed can, nothing coming out) and she was happy. Seniors can be funny! Keep at it and you will get there. I suspect it isn't the end of the world if he has a few Tbsp or even a bit more of his old food. Being happy is important too. Bang in there!

Thank you @TooPatient I got myself so upset because I didn’t want him to hurt his kidneys...He was holding out all day refusing to eat at all. This is a dog that held his urine for three full days one time because he didn’t want to go in the snow...I was frantic...I drove him to the vets office that was plowed...He always goes there because he can smell all his friends. He’s a nut..lol

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is good news!!!

You're a wonderful dog mom!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So happy to read this news @MamaBee! You are a good dog and human momma. The best. Hugs to Bailey and continued healing vibes being sent his way. And as always big hugs to you too. XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So happy to read this news @MamaBee! You are a good dog and human momma. The best. Hugs to Bailey and continued healing vibes being sent his way. And as always big hugs to you too. XOXO.

Thanks @missy He makes me crazy but I love that guy..lol I know you get it..You have some little rascals! Haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered frozen pizza on
Instacart for dinner. I’m so tired of cooking. I’ve been making my own from scratch. I must be crazy. I’m so excited to not have to cook tonight I almost cried! lol

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I went outside to fill the bird feeders today, the air smelled much cleaner for whatever reason.
Did it rain? I find the air smells so nice after a rain.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I used the HCA. EPIC FAIL! waaaawaaaawaaaaaaaaa

Hair Cut Analysis---8 months NO hair cut!!! alldoneinnohelpformebadproportionsigotnuthin..........................

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some good things and one bad.

Lucky is in the clear for heart disease. I got her report, her heart is just....large...lol even for a greyhound its large. No signs of heart disease at all, but they will keep a close watch on her because of her age.

They weighed her (of course) and weight is still down, she's up a pound though because I've been feeding her a bit more. We need to find out why her weight is down so much though... Her lungs are clear, no issues there. She still pants but I'm less feeling like the dog is going to have a heart attack and die now and will look to other reasons (she's got arthritis for sure!) I'll discuss that with her vet next week (I'm also considering CBD for her considering I can get the good stuff).

The bad. that damn bill is 700 dollars. OMG... I'm so glad I'm able to get into a place where she gets diagnostics, but wow...

The next good thing: I'm sewing yet another shirt for my love because as promised, I have to do 3. Have not fully started but its in the works. Got some great fabric from Fabric Mart so I'm hopeful this will turn out well!

I also got these buttons from a vintage button seller on Etsy. (they are MOP, so I'm eager to see what they look like when I get them!!)
MOP buttons zebra stripe.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee the prescription kidney dry kibble has a companion prescription wet canned food. My boy liked it. It made the kibble get gobbled up!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee the prescription kidney dry kibble has a companion prescription wet canned food. My boy liked it. It made the kibble get gobbled up!

I Just bought it! Thank you! I’ll have to ease him into into because the bowels from hell will erupt...It’s not pretty when it does! Haha

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hair matts. NO KIDDING. Had to cut them out. Haircut booked for Friday--not 6 months too soon! :lol:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results