shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're supposed to make your own pasta on these boards??? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just making it to give us more counter space. :D

I‘m sorry, I wasn’t clear. I was just asking if you make homemade pasta often. I have a friend who makes her own pasta about 6 times a year and uses boxed pasta much more often because it’s easy.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And it's pretty much finished. I'd like to get some kind of neat design for the center, but IDK what....ideas?
Here's what it looks like when it's not covering the stove. :) I wasn't sure if it was going to fit but am super happy that it works! :D
1606677767004.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kids are mean...I'm a hugger and COVID sucks. I just asked my child for a hug, no go. :( Just makes me sad. Apparently no one else in the house is a hugger. Just sad...want to cry..... ;(

@Cozystitches I understand...I’m a hugger too..so it’s very hard. My son who is autistic should be the last person I should ask for a hug. He is so funny. He even pats me on the back when I hug him. Sometimes I have to ask him to hug me back. It always makes me laugh.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is impossible to stay grumpy while watching Shaun the Sheep.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce apparently everyone and their mother is going to be allowed into Sweden if they are an athlete. That means most likely Worlds will be going ahead!

Sweden is so crazy but OMG THERE WILL BE WORLDS!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce apparently everyone and their mother is going to be allowed into Sweden if they are an athlete. That means most likely Worlds will be going ahead!

Sweden is so crazy but OMG THERE WILL BE WORLDS!!!

I sure hope it isn't regretted later. The ongoing breathing issues some face (and fatigue, dizziness, vision problems, and more) would be devastating to an athlete.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sure hope it isn't regretted later. The ongoing breathing issues some face (and fatigue, dizziness, vision problems, and more) would be devastating to an athlete.

Yeah it's a hard one as a lot of these kids (especially in the ladies field) have a limited shelf life in terms of their jumps. They rely on winning titles to make money from endorsements and move onto the next stage of their career so they actually need to compete or all that training was for nothing. One just hopes that they are tough! Quite a few of the Russian skaters have had Covid already.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah it's a hard one as a lot of these kids (especially in the ladies field) have a limited shelf life in terms of their jumps. They rely on winning titles to make money from endorsements and move onto the next stage of their career so they actually need to compete or all that training was for nothing. One just hopes that they are tough! Quite a few of the Russian skaters have had Covid already.

I haven't watched in years as life got busy. Such a beautiful sport! The training they go through is impressive. Some of the first books I ever bought with money I saved up were skating related. May be time for me to try to watch again. (Maybe not everything like I used to, but at least some!)

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just spent almost 2 hrs grading and sending emails. WTF. These children need to do their work. Seriously. Currently out of NINTY students there are a total of 255 missing assignments. The students have been given THIRTEEN assignments since mid October. They have at minimum an hour in class, and copious amounts of time outside of class (not even talking about "homework") to complete these assignments. GAAAAAHHHHHHH

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just spent almost 2 hrs grading and sending emails. WTF. These children need to do their work. Seriously. Currently out of NINTY students there are a total of 255 missing assignments. The students have been given THIRTEEN assignments since mid October. They have at minimum an hour in class, and copious amounts of time outside of class (not even talking about "homework") to complete these assignments. GAAAAAHHHHHHH

I feel for you @cosystitches

I'd Love❤ to have you as a teacher for my kids!!

Our teacher " Switched to remote" which means the 10 y/olds are required to be in the classroom while he " teaches" From home.

This means: he connects himself on audio only for 5 minutes. Gives them a boatload of work, reconnects 5 minutes before end, declines to answer questions and gives them homework.

I've seen the headmaster about this immediately. He's not OK, can't do anything but has at least sent one staff member (not teacher) to avoid the 29 10y/o to be alone in a classroom for 50 mins.

I get that some teachers switch to remote and in France employees are very well protected. The teacher is over 50 and that's enough for him to be switched. But staying connected and answering questions isn't asked too much imho.

On a different note: in the midst of losing a close and dear friend.
She's a genuinely good person, but blind when it comes to her kids.
Her girl's getting very nasty and she denying facts. Now she's started lashing out at my girl.
I'm always trying to see both sides, but she flat out refuses to.
We have agreed upon "no interference".
But she clearly told her girl what to do and how to " Punish " non compliant friends: silent treatment, ridicule, she rehearsed some comebacks with her. So now a silly correction at the pony Club will cost us our friendship.

I have to show my daughter I have her back 100% .
Sad but true.. Parenting is hard.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel for you @cosystitches

I'd Love❤ to have you as a teacher for my kids!!

Our teacher " Switched to remote" which means the 10 y/olds are required to be in the classroom while he " teaches" From home.

This means: he connects himself on audio only for 5 minutes. Gives them a boatload of work, reconnects 5 minutes before end, declines to answer questions and gives them homework.

I've seen the headmaster about this immediately. He's not OK, can't do anything but has at least sent one staff member (not teacher) to avoid the 29 10y/o to be alone in a classroom for 50 mins.

I get that some teachers switch to remote and in France employees are very well protected. The teacher is over 50 and that's enough for him to be switched. But staying connected and answering questions isn't asked too much imho.

On a different note: in the midst of losing a close and dear friend.
She's a genuinely good person, but blind when it comes to her kids.
Her girl's getting very nasty and she denying facts. Now she's started lashing out at my girl.
I'm always trying to see both sides, but she flat out refuses to.
We have agreed upon "no interference".
But she clearly told her girl what to do and how to " Punish " non compliant friends: silent treatment, ridicule, she rehearsed some comebacks with her. So now a silly correction at the pony Club will cost us our friendship.

I have to show my daughter I have her back 100% .
Sad but true.. Parenting is hard.

Thanks @kipari <3 Some parents are great and supportive, unfortunately many don't do their parts (as in requiring their kids to face consequences and such). As for the teacher, unfortunately there are some teachers that go that route. It's not right. I've tried to stay to what I have always been doing as a teacher: high standards for everyone, still teach as much as possible. I've also searched out different resources that are very close to what I used to use. It *should* be an easier switch when we go back as I'm planning to do what I'm doing now....essentially...

That is HORRIBLE what your daughter's "friend" is doing. Girl drama is horrible. Just horrible. I also get not wanting to get involved, however with what you are describing I doubt I could. I'm thinking I'd tell my daughter that this is not the type of friend to have, NOR is it how friends should be. :( I'm sorry for you. Hugs

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you cozy!!! We're having a plethora of problems at our school ATM. While trying to be reasonable regarding COVID it all comes down to poor management by the headmaster. It's frustrating, because it's an uncomfortable situation for teachers and parents. I really really appreciate good teachers and I feel for all teachers.

A great teacher is such a positive impact on a kid's life!!!

And yes, girl drama is bad.:(2

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermagerd. When I was newly married and we searched for our starter home, we looked at standard 3 bed, 2 bath homes of approx. 1200 sq ft some of which were fixers because that's what fit into our meager budget. We had what were considered good paying jobs but still couldn't afford much and it took us a long time to come up with a down payment. If my ex hadn't had the advantage of a veteran's home loan, we'd have rented for decades.

When I divorced, I was in a similar situation, good paying job, a meager down payment and was very lucky to find a new build that I could afford as long as nothing unexpected came my way.

Today, I get a text from stepson with a photo of a house they're touring. They consider it their starter home -- 4200 square ft, 4 car garage, luxury everything on the exterior and interior for well over $1,000,000 for which they have over half in cash for downpayment. I'm happy and excited for them but WTF, lol.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Dancing Fire . Question for you about watches. Do you have your watches serviced on a regular basis--even if they are working well? I never wear my Rolex and wonder if it needs a tune up.

Anyone can chime in, thanks!

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Dancing Fire . Question for you about watches. Do you have your watches serviced on a regular basis--even if they are working well? I never wear my Rolex and wonder if it needs a tune up.

cheers--Sharon
They are split 50/50 on the watch forums...
A- one side say...if it ain't broken don't fix it.
B- other side say....have your mechanical watches service every 5 yrs.

I'm with A

Even if you don't wear your mechanical watches you should manually wind it up like every two months so it lubricates the gears. Imagine a car sitting in a garage for years w/o cranking it up.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermagerd. When I was newly married and we searched for our starter home, we looked at standard 3 bed, 2 bath homes of approx. 1200 sq ft some of which were fixers because that's what fit into our meager budget. We had what were considered good paying jobs but still couldn't afford much and it took us a long time to come up with a down payment. If my ex hadn't had the advantage of a veteran's home loan, we'd have rented for decades.

When I divorced, I was in a similar situation, good paying job, a meager down payment and was very lucky to find a new build that I could afford as long as nothing unexpected came my way.

Today, I get a text from stepson with a photo of a house they're touring. They consider it their starter home -- 4200 square ft, 4 car garage, luxury everything on the exterior and interior for well over $1,000,000 for which they have over half in cash for downpayment. I'm happy and excited for them but WTF, lol.

Congratulations to them. It's every parents dream for their children to be successful and self reliant.

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 9.04.28 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Failed miserably at my goal not to have homemade cookies for every meal. Breakfast : vVanillekipferl, lunch hazelnut macaroons, Tea Time: Almond cookies.
Gahh

Don't despair @kipari; I've been eating panetonne everyday!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are split 50/50 on the watch forums...
A- one side say...if it ain't broken don't fix it.
B- other side say....have your mechanical watches service every 5 yrs.

I'm with A

Even if you don't wear your mechanical watches you should manually wind it up like every two months so it lubricates the gears. Imagine a car sitting in a garage for years w/o cranking it up.

Thanks @Dancing Fire ! Will do!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ugh so I’ve been feeling disgusting lately. I was just diagnosed with an autoimmune disease so I assumed this was all part of it.

Turns out we had a gas leak in our livingroom. We recently moved and I think it was here since day one. The fireplace has a weird stain on the front and the home inspector made a note to clean or replace the glass. I didn’t think much of it until I removed the cover this morning and got a poof of gas.

I thought the house had a smell, but nobody else noticed it.

So I’m feeling sick because I was poisoned. Yey I guess.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh so I’ve been feeling disgusting lately. I was just diagnosed with an autoimmune disease so I assumed this was all part of it.

Turns out we had a gas leak in our livingroom. We recently moved and I think it was here since day one. The fireplace has a weird stain on the front and the home inspector made a note to clean or replace the glass. I didn’t think much of it until I removed the cover this morning and got a poof of gas.

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Goodness @chemgirl how horrible, I am sorry !!!
Hoping for a swift and full recovery now that the source of the problem is taken care of.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

In my own job i saw a ton of brand new homes go out to first home buyers
couples with 4 bathrooms
Who needs 4 bathrooms ???
Especially just starting out

I mean it was good for us and our bathroom suppliers...
but Image the mortgage repayments and how long it will take them ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

That's dreadful !
I hate gas - this is why i won't have it in the house
I hope you feel significantly better now its fixed

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon

My Seiko watch my aunty and uncle gave me for my 21st sat in a drawer unwarn for years and years - i had a job that would have damaged it so i wore my casio i also got for my 21st for 20 years

anyway the battery inside the Seiko leaked and ate away the spindle
$300 to fix it

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Seiko watch my aunty and uncle gave me for my 21st sat in a drawer unwarn for years and years - i had a job that would have damaged it so i wore my casio i also got for my 21st for 20 years

anyway the battery inside the Seiko leaked and ate away the spindle
$300 to fix it

Oh no! I am so sorry.

Cartier in Paris actually gave me a long pep talk about this once -I thought they were being a tad "dramatique", but apparently not!!! I hope it can be fixed ok!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@chemgirl This happened to me years ago! It was awful and quite scary! It took a week or so for me to realize that I was feeling very ill only when in my own home. Nausea, chest congestion, shakiness, headaches. As soon as we removed the offending stove it went away. Thank goodness I am the only one who spent so much time in the kitchen. I do suspect my baby son (at the time) was feeling it as well....
I hope you feel better soon! It took about a week or two for my chest to clear up. I will never have gas again! Glad you found the source!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results