shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm sooooooo excited about some new BLING projects in the works!

I'm bursting at the seams to talk about them, but I can't yet!

Aaaaaaaaaaa....I'm going bonkers!

Can I just say though that Britney at WF is awesome! She's the best!

Me at this moment:

56baf960e897ea9aaab50316da8d0d97e8f27a4e_00.gif

Last edited:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock

Me at this moment:

yay! im so happy for you!! eager to see what you've got in the works!

im also glad that you decided against waiting for the world to be alright again. it's perfectly fine, acceptable and even encouraged to have some responsible (jewelry) fun whilst everything in the world seems to be going sideways.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Me at this moment:

@RunningwithScissors, I am super excited for you. Your mood is contagious and I find myself very happy for you!
Delicious anticipation. Oh so good.

excitedanticipation.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wrote about my platinum post breaking at the bottom notch of one of my studs.. They were .03 which were very thin. TG it happened in my house. I didn’t want the hassle of worrying about sending them through the mail to David..I decided to take them to a popular jeweler in the center of a town. I picked them up today. I actually louped them to make sure they were mine and they didn’t get chipped, etc. I was a wreck after dropping them off. They charged me $519! I think that’s crazy considering they are not hand made. They are Stuller platinum posts with Protecktor backs... .04...Please tell me I wasn‘t ripped off. I should have sent them to David Klass to make me new settings...:wall:

Joanne, I don't know how much it should have cost but don't stress about it. Your earrings are fixed and now you can wear and enjoy them. Focus on that. Hugs to you and wear your beautiful studs in good health and blingy (I know you will!) joy. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We found a house we love. Beautiful area. Going to make an offer if I can find internet....
Yes, the house is so rural that is actually a question :shock:

Our (hopefully) new backyard! IMG_20201115_160621276.jpg

We are meeting at our current house with the people buying this one and our realtor. He will write up their offer to buy this one and our offer to buy that one. We'll accept their offer (barring it being way off base, which I don't expect) and immediately send our offer to buy.

Oh so pretty @TooPatient ! Wishing you much success and happiness in your new to be home. Fingers and toes crossed for you both for the sale of your current home and the purchase of your new home.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I managed to find internet service that will work and be good. In order to make sure we are covered (they have limited slots), I just ordered internet for a house we haven't bought yet :lol:

We had the same issue! A few houses simply didn’t work because of internet, and the one we went with is DSL with LTE satellite. Shockingly that’s “good” for the area. For some odd reason there is cable television, but not internet.

Just saying I know your pain. Internet is kind of a big deal for those of us living with software developers.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had the same issue! A few houses simply didn’t work because of internet, and the one we went with is DSL with LTE satellite. Shockingly that’s “good” for the area. For some odd reason there is cable television, but not internet.

Just saying I know your pain. Internet is kind of a big deal for those of us living with software developers.

It is horrible out there! We ended up with T-Mobile 4G for the home. Unlimited data at speeds of 50Mb+ and a great price. Verizon has a similar but you need a $250 router and they only make it available in certain areas.

My chiropractor was excited to hear about a couple of great options as he has awful internet at home for $$$.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kids are mean...I'm a hugger and COVID sucks. I just asked my child for a hug, no go. :( Just makes me sad. Apparently no one else in the house is a hugger. Just sad...want to cry..... ;(

I’m sending you bucketloads of gentle (((((hugs)))). Hope you can feel it @Cozystitches ❤️

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Calliecake, @Big Fat Facets and @missy!

I have two projects in the works from two different vendors. The Whiteflash project is a certainty (ie already paid for), the one from the other vendor is in negotiation and I'll need to see how that goes before being able to count on it working out. Funds are tight and I have expensive wishlist items. :eek2:

Both projects are requiring very unorthodox methods to complete and lots of patience on my part. However, I'll get to play with their sparkly parts while I wait for the project to be complete. You guys will think I'm nuts when I reveal my plan!

Thanks for sharing my excitement!!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Two whines for today.....
1. USPS please update! I want my quilting stencils like NOW and your page only says that my package has been Accepted....but HOW will I be able to stalk the mailman if I don't know when it should be here????
2. I went to pick up my bracelet today. Now I dropped it off like last month, and totally didn't pay attention to when they said to pick it up. I thought they said they'd call, and I kept forgetting to call. No biggie. So I call today, super sweet lady was like no it's been ready! LOL So, I finally go to get it, and um, yeah the repairs weren't even done like I asked. The bracelet is super stretched (like it started at like 7" and has gained half an inch, had links removed, etc). So I wanted them to fix it. The manager (whom is awesome) totally understood what I wanted (to have ALL the rivets replaced), had taken it in and wrote down the info. So now, it's going back to be repaired (hopefully correctly this time). It is Jared's and not an awesome PS vendor....hubby doesn't like t the idea of online for jewelry (which is crazy!)

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Today was stressful. I had to finish preparing some larger furniture items for our final move and clean the house for the new owners. Normally this wouldn’t be the end of the world,
but I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto’s and my body is aching.

Then this happened. I couldn’t stop laughing. A little bit of magic to brighten my day.

6734907D-814C-4C49-B5B7-304B844E4E3D.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was stressful. I had to finish preparing some larger furniture items for our final move and clean the house for the new owners. Normally this wouldn’t be the end of the world,
but I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto’s and my body is aching.

Then this happened. I couldn’t stop laughing. A little bit of magic to brighten my day.

6734907D-814C-4C49-B5B7-304B844E4E3D.jpeg

@chemgirl IDK where you are in your reading about Hashimoto's but I have it too and I found going gluten/dairy/soy free has helped and my antibodies are very low (that's good) now. Check out Auto Immune Paleo diet and Hashimoto's and see what you think. Good luck and if you have any questions if I can help I would be happy to.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful November day. We just got home after cycling 75 miles and I feel happy and at peace. Being outside and cycling by the sea is pure bliss. That is all. Just wanted to share a happy random comment. :sun:

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 4.15.02 PM.png

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I have two projects in the works from two different vendors. The Whiteflash project is a certainty (ie already paid for), the one from the other vendor is in negotiation and I'll need to see how that goes before being able to count on it working out. Funds are tight and I have expensive wishlist items. :eek2:

Both projects are requiring very unorthodox methods to complete and lots of patience on my part. However, I'll get to play with their sparkly parts while I wait for the project to be complete. You guys will think I'm nuts when I reveal my plan!

@RunningwithScissors
oh goodness! now, im not only thrilled for you but, more than a little, intrigued at "very unorthodox methods" i can't wait to hear more about it once you are ready to share. but it already sounds like it will be phenomenal as the agsl 000 super ideal round brilliants from whiteflash will, no doubt, be outrageously fabulous

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I've been keeping quiet because I didn't want to just butt in...but the SUSPENSE is killing me too, ya know, @RunningwithScissors !! :lol:
I can't wait to hear all about these methods.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Kids are mean...I'm a hugger and COVID sucks. I just asked my child for a hug, no go. :( Just makes me sad. Apparently no one else in the house is a hugger. Just sad...want to cry..... ;(

I live/love a 'New England' family and I understand, on more levels than you know, I understand. I've been in a bit of a funk lately. If I could hug you I would, I could really use it too. ((((big fat long hugs))))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Calliecake, @Big Fat Facets and @missy!

I've been keeping quiet because I didn't want to just butt in...but the SUSPENSE is killing me too, ya know, @RunningwithScissors !! :lol:
I can't wait to hear all about these methods.

Same here! So excited for you @RunningwithScissors! Suspense is killing me too :lol:
Patience is not my strong suit but I am working on it. And I hear you re expensive wish list items. Fingers crossed both projects go exactly the way you want them too and I look forward to seeing threads detailing them when you are ready. :appl:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m feeling sorry for myself, so please disregard the following comment:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Two whines for today.....
1. USPS please update! I want my quilting stencils like NOW and your page only says that my package has been Accepted....but HOW will I be able to stalk the mailman if I don't know when it should be here????
2. I went to pick up my bracelet today. Now I dropped it off like last month, and totally didn't pay attention to when they said to pick it up. I thought they said they'd call, and I kept forgetting to call. No biggie. So I call today, super sweet lady was like no it's been ready! LOL So, I finally go to get it, and um, yeah the repairs weren't even done like I asked. The bracelet is super stretched (like it started at like 7" and has gained half an inch, had links removed, etc). So I wanted them to fix it. The manager (whom is awesome) totally understood what I wanted (to have ALL the rivets replaced), had taken it in and wrote down the info. So now, it's going back to be repaired (hopefully correctly this time). It is Jared's and not an awesome PS vendor....hubby doesn't like t the idea of online for jewelry (which is crazy!)

Since this is the random comments thread & I didn't forget...

I've always meant to ask you how you came up with your username "Cozystitches" ?

I always pictured you kinda loopy on pain meds from having a C-section and starting your profile in that moment. Lol

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since this is the random comments thread & I didn't forget...

I've always meant to ask you how you came up with your username "Cozystitches" ?

I always pictured you kinda loopy on pain meds from having a C-section and starting your profile in that moment. Lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my goodness! I literally LOL'ed at this! All 3 kiddos were vaginal ;-) No C-Section loopiness. CozyStitches was actually a business name because I was trying to sell my crocheted items. ;-) I have some patterns for sale under the name, but it's now my alter-ego. ;-)

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking of making a noodle board for my stove today....anyone have one? Any advice? This is an example of a noodle board (not my picture). I have some plywood and can go get some handles. My kitchen has minimal counter space and I thought this would be a neat solution.
1606579907772.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Belated Birthday @canuk-gal . I hope you had a wonderful day filled with doing the things that you love. I also hope a bottle of your favorite champagne was included in the celebrations.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @Cozystitches . What a perfect idea your noodle board is and a great way to utilize space. Do you make your own pasta often? I hope things are going well with school and with your kids.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking of making a noodle board for my stove today....anyone have one? Any advice? This is an example of a noodle board (not my picture). I have some plywood and can go get some handles. My kitchen has minimal counter space and I thought this would be a neat solution.
1606579907772.png

This is a good idea. I have a really big wooden cutting board that someone made for me. And it fits right over the range top.
Maybe I will do this!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee , Please be good to yourself. Thinking of you and hope your family is doing well. Please remember there is only so much you so can do. I know first hand how difficult that realization can be at times. Hugs, Callie.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow @Cozystitches . What a perfect idea your noodle board is and a great way to utilize space. Do you make your own pasta often? I hope things are going well with school and with your kids.

You're supposed to make your own pasta on these boards??? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just making it to give us more counter space. :D

This is a good idea. I have a really big wooden cutting board that someone made for me. And it fits right over the range top.
Maybe I will do this!

Husband said we should get butcher block but that stuff is pricey!!! It would work even better. Min is just some leftover plywood ;-)

Either way it should be finished today!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results