shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today I decided it was time to replace some of my dogs collars. they're looking pretty ratty and tattered.

So I went through my fabric boxes :lol:
20201224_121417.jpg

and started with 4 collars. She's got 10 so its a good enough start and I've never made her collars before. It was a good opportunity to deconstruct a martingale and figure out how they're made!

so far, I finished 3, got hand cramps and had to stop. NASA will be done tomorrow with a couple more.
20201224_201913.jpg

not a great pic but I fit tested one and they work really well!
20201224_201950[1].jpg

Wow! They’re so cute!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My outlaws have been whining about "ok, so then Christmas in front of the TV it is ! SAD!" on the family WhatsApp group non stop.

DH has been working up until the 23rd, the other brother and wife as well , plus our kids attended in person school (mandatory here).

When I asked why they don't even spend Christmas with his sister, who lives in the middle of nowhere and both wfh (they have a very seasonal business, so aren't working at all ATM) and have two toddlers only (no school attendance required by the law)...I got a facetime shrug. DH asked them and they said sister wanted to see friends as well. Which we found surprising. But didn't comment on, evidently.

They just posted a pic of them with DH's sister's kids in the family WhatsApp group. Everyone in pyjamas, they've clearly slept there and it was all planned before (pics of yesterday night with a meal that was clearly partly prepared by my MiL), presents etc.

i find it totally the right thing to do as there's no risk involved if both parties have been isolating for over a week.

BUT WHAT'S WITH ALL THE WHINING??! RIGHT UP UNTIL YESTERDAY NIGHT?

I don't get it. Especially if you are posting a ton of pics on Christmas Day...??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My outlaws have been whining about "ok, so then Christmas in front of the TV it is ! SAD!" on the family WhatsApp group non stop.

DH has been working up until the 23rd, the other brother and wife as well , plus our kids attended in person school (mandatory here).

When I asked why they don't even spend Christmas with his sister, who lives in the middle of nowhere and both wfh (they have a very seasonal business, so aren't working at all ATM) and have two toddlers only (no school attendance required by the law)...I got a facetime shrug. DH asked them and they said sister wanted to see friends as well. Which we found surprising. But didn't comment on, evidently.

They just posted a pic of them with DH's sister's kids in the family WhatsApp group. Everyone in pyjamas, they've clearly slept there and it was all planned before (pics of yesterday night with a meal that was clearly partly prepared by my MiL), presents etc.

i find it totally the right thing to do as there's no risk involved if both parties have been isolating for over a week.

BUT WHAT'S WITH ALL THE WHINING??! RIGHT UP UNTIL YESTERDAY NIGHT?

I don't get it. Especially if you are posting a ton of pics on Christmas Day...??

I am with you @kipari which is no surprise.

Some people just like to whine. Unfortunately. And when something really bad happens one wonders how they will react/behave. I mean, how lucky are they. They are safe and warm with their loved ones at home and can interact in person and with family via FaceTime etc. They don't get how lucky they are IMO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

voce

Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas everyone!

@mellowyellowgirl @Musia

My first joys of this morning came from watching figure skating. Kolyada's free program was beautiful and made me really really happy. Then Yuzuru Hanyu's short program to the lyrics of "Let Me Entertain You", such a nice surprise!

I think there's still something fishy going on with the program components scores in Russian ladies, but I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow's pairs event and hope that Tarasova/Morozov will win.

Edit: Shoma Uno's short program is the same as last year's. I totally understand why skaters would want to use the same programs, particularly this year, but I guess it's somewhat less exciting to watch.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy. Our power and internet were restored at 12:30 way earlier than JCP&L predicted initially. Whew! And just finished 3 games of Rumikub. Love it! Thank you to the PSers who recommended it to us. So much fun!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I forgot to buy holiday themed napkins!!!:(( Phooey. At least we have the Spode placemats..

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its cold. I had to put on freaking GLOVES. In the low 40's and there's falling iguana alerts. Lot of central FL will experience hard freeze tonight.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas everyone!

@mellowyellowgirl @Musia

My first joys of this morning came from watching figure skating. Kolyada's free program was beautiful and made me really really happy. Then Yuzuru Hanyu's short program to the lyrics of "Let Me Entertain You", such a nice surprise!

I think there's still something fishy going on with the program components scores in Russian ladies, but I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow's pairs event and hope that Tarasova/Morozov will win.

Edit: Shoma Uno's short program is the same as last year's. I totally understand why skaters would want to use the same programs, particularly this year, but I guess it's somewhat less exciting to watch.

Yes I loved Kolyada and Hanyu's programs! Both the short and the free for Kolyada. He has really good posture!!! Haha he always motivates me to work on my bad posture!

Omg Russian figure skating drama never ends. Did you hear the thing about Anna and the smelling salts? I hope she's ok but I don't think she is. She was really out of breath after the SP in a most alarming way.

Rika my queen, my chosen child nailed her program like a boss. Seriously I love her so much I need sedatives to watch her. You do not know how crazy and stressed I get. Whole other level.

I loooooooove Trusova's SP and think the move has been good for her in terms of general skating. She's fully being punished for leaving Eteri though which is a shame.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yes I loved Kolyada and Hanyu's programs! Both the short and the free for Kolyada. He has really good posture!!! Haha he always motivates me to work on my bad posture!

Omg Russian figure skating drama never ends. Did you hear the thing about Anna and the smelling salts? I hope she's ok but I don't think she is. She was really out of breath after the SP in a most alarming way.

Rika my queen, my chosen child nailed her program like a boss. Seriously I love her so much I need sedatives to watch her. You do not know how crazy and stressed I get. Whole other level.

I loooooooove Trusova's SP and think the move has been good for her in terms of general skating. She's fully being punished for leaving Eteri though which is a shame.

I do love Rika's new short program. Her connections and skating skills have improved. Yet her rotations seen slower? Not sure if she's going to be able to deliver quad salchow this year. Still, I can't wait to see how she does. Anyone not skating flutzes is a breath of fresh air to be honest.

Daria Usacheva's short program, her "lutz" had more of an inside edge at takeoff than her flip. LOL. Let's just pretend there's no repeated jumps so Eteri's girls can take top three spots.

I'm concerned for Anna as well, didn't wake up early enough to watch her live. I hope she's still recovering and isn't going to have lasting ill effects from COVID.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl it's incredible to see Anna three-peat as national champion. I am surprised Sasha held back to only 2 quads, but I feel she got robbed relatively speaking on the PCS, because there's no way Valieva's mechanical and unexciting Bolero should have scored such high PCS. I remember a super-inflated 9.68, and I'm outraged about that.

Good thing I saved the Japanese performances to watch after the Russians because they don't do this sort of BS PCS inflation.

Edit: Yuzu is the best. His programs are so much more creative and surprising/enjoyable compared to what I've seen from Nathan this year.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce I loooooooove Hanyu's SP but his LP is a snooze. I much prefer Nathan's LPs but Nathan has a penchant for horrible shirts that I need to get past to enjoy his performance.

Seriously it's like he rolls out onto the ice in whatever he pulls out of his closet.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mother in Law disowned husband last year. I don’t know why, but I still expected her to at least text him Merry Christmas.

She didn’t.

He’s not mad about it. I am.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@voce I loooooooove Hanyu's SP but his LP is a snooze. I much prefer Nathan's LPs but Nathan has a penchant for horrible shirts that I need to get past to enjoy his performance.

Seriously it's like he rolls out onto the ice in whatever he pulls out of his closet.

This year Hanyu's SP was definitely more interesting than his LP. Unfortunately, I found both of Nathan's programs a snooze this year. I'm in the minority in that I think the appropriate costume is icing on the cake, and a good shirt is not necessary for me to enjoy Nathan's skating. I do think that when it comes to spins, I find Nathan's posture very hunched over and not aesthetically pleasing like what you would see from Kolyada or from Hanyu.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Mother in Law disowned husband last year. I don’t know why, but I still expected her to at least text him Merry Christmas.

She didn’t.

Ouch. I would be mad about it, too. Best to forget about it, though, and not let her ruin your day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

She didn’t.

That's terrible :(
Without knowing details it is still heartbreaking to lose one's relationship with their mother (and mother in law) that way. I am sorry @chemgirl

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

She didn’t.

Oh no @chemgirl...That’s sad.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @voce and @missy!

DH is saying good riddance so I’m trying to just let it go.

For a bit of background, Mother-in-law (MIL) is extremely passive aggressive and will subtly push buttons to try and get a negative response. Then when the person finally snaps she plays the victim and gossips about it to everyone. She doesn’t do it to everyone so when I do snap I look extra crazy.

As an example, she had to fly in to visit us the day after our Japan trip. I asked that she come a week later to give us time to get over the jet lag, but no, it has to be the day after our trip. So we get home from the airport at 2am, I wake up at 6am to go to work, and I come home to MIL in my house. She has a habit of treating me like a servant, so instead of saying hello she asks me what I’m making for dinner and informs me that I forgot to put towels in her bathroom (note she didn’t ask DH, who was off work, for towels or dinner). I tell her that I had no time to go grocery shopping so we were ordering in. This doesn’t work for her. She was eating takeout all day and wants a home cooked meal. Surely the grocery store is still open. We have a back and forth where I tell her I’m exhausted and feel sick so I would grocery shop the following day. If she absolutely needs a home cooked meal she is welcome to make one. We order takeout, she makes a big deal about how she feels awful after eating it.

Of course she doesn’t help clear the table. She can’t even pour her own water or tea when they are both on the table in front of her. I have to get up and walk around the table to pour it for her.

I manage to stay up until 9:00 and then excuse myself to go to bed. I’m sleeping for around an hour when she walks into my bedroom and turns on the light. I’m startled and ask her what she’s doing in my room. She informs me that the bath tub in her bathroom (we have a guest room with a full ensuite) is too small (it’s a standard North American bathtub) and she wants to use the soaker tub in the master bath. I tell her no, but she pretends not to hear me, goes right into the bathroom and locks the door. Husband knocks on the door and tells her to stop. She cries. Like legit bawling. I was mean to her and he’s siding with me. All she wants is a bath and I snapped at her. I end up apologizing and saying she can use the soaker tub in the morning.

Well guess who walks into our bedroom at 6am and turns the light on? MIL is back for her bath! We both tell her no, use the bath when we’re not in our bedroom (obviously). I come downstairs at 8 am and she complains about how she’s been sitting starving for 2 hours then tells me to make pancakes (doesn’t ask). I let her know that I am feeling sick and we have cereal, toast, fruit, and yogurt. She tells me that she doesn’t want any of those things so she just won’t eat (Ok fine punish yourself).

DH had to work that day so I asked if she had any plans and would she need a ride anywhere. She lets me know that she plans to visit her sister. When I ask where she lets me know that her sister lives 3 hours away. I’m not feeling up to driving 6 hours so I ask if she can arrange to meet her sister at a restaurant half way between our houses. She tells me that she can’t do that, she already agreed to meet at her home and it would be so rude to change the plans now.

I don’t drive her (and maybe I told her it was ridiculous to make plans assuming I would drive...). She cries again.

Next thing I know I’m getting calls from DH. She is texting the family and telling them I’m abusing her. I’m starving her and trapping her in the house.

So I made a rule. Next visit she stays in a hotel and rents her own car.

DH backed me up 100% and she won’t have anything to do with him now.

She behaves in a similar manner towards her 12 year old step son. He once told her she was “A cow who lives to make other people miserable”. She told me about it and I managed to say “Oh my that’s not very nice” but secretly I thought the kid has her figured out.

It felt good to let that all out!

Last edited:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. I feel for you @chemgirl. Your MiL sounds quite similar to my FiL.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chemgirl I hope you don’t mind me sharing my thoughts. You’re a saint. There’s no freaking way I’d put up with her behavior. She would not be welcome in our home. I’m so sorry you experienced that for too long. All I can say now is good riddance to that kind of behavior and until she behaves like a civilized and respectful individual I’d be happy to have her out of our life. Sorry to say but that is the truth.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @voce and @missy!

DH is saying good riddance so I’m trying to just let it go.

For a bit of background, Mother-in-law (MIL) is extremely passive aggressive and will subtly push buttons to try and get a negative response. Then when the person finally snaps she plays the victim and gossips about it to everyone. She doesn’t do it to everyone so when I do snap I look extra crazy.

As an example, she had to fly in to visit us the day after our Japan trip. I asked that she come a week later to give us time to get over the jet lag, but no, it has to be the day after our trip. So we get home from the airport at 2am, I wake up at 6am to go to work, and I come home to MIL in my house. She has a habit of treating me like a servant, so instead of saying hello she asks me what I’m making for dinner and informs me that I forgot to put towels in her bathroom (note she didn’t ask DH, who was off work, for towels or dinner). I tell her that I had no time to go grocery shopping so we were ordering in. This doesn’t work for her. She was eating takeout all day and wants a home cooked meal. Surely the grocery store is still open. We have a back and forth where I tell her I’m exhausted and feel sick so I would grocery shop the following day. If she absolutely needs a home cooked meal she is welcome to make one. We order takeout, she makes a big deal about how she feels awful after eating it.

Of course she doesn’t help clear the table. She can’t even pour her own water or tea when they are both on the table in front of her. I have to get up and walk around the table to pour it for her.

I manage to stay up until 9:00 and then excuse myself to go to bed. I’m sleeping for around an hour when she walks into my bedroom and turns on the light. I’m startled and ask her what she’s doing in my room. She informs me that the bath tub in her bathroom (we have a guest room with a full ensuite) is too small (it’s a standard North American bathtub) and she wants to use the soaker tub in the master bath. I tell her no, but she pretends not to hear me, goes right into the bathroom and locks the door. Husband knocks on the door and tells her to stop. She cries. Like legit bawling. I was mean to her and he’s siding with me. All she wants is a bath and I snapped at her. I end up apologizing and saying she can use the soaker tub in the morning.

Well guess who walks into our bedroom at 6am and turns the light on? MIL is back for her bath! We both tell her no, use the bath when we’re not in our bedroom (obviously). I come downstairs at 8 am and she complains about how she’s been sitting starving for 2 hours then tells me to make pancakes (doesn’t ask). I let her know that I am feeling sick and we have cereal, toast, fruit, and yogurt. She tells me that she doesn’t want any of those things so she just won’t eat (Ok fine punish yourself).

DH had to work that day so I asked if she had any plans and would she need a ride anywhere. She lets me know that she plans to visit her sister. When I ask where she lets me know that her sister lives 3 hours away. I’m not feeling up to driving 6 hours so I ask if she can arrange to meet her sister at a restaurant half way between our houses. She tells me that she can’t do that, she already agreed to meet at her home and it would be so rude to change the plans now.

I don’t drive her (and maybe I told her it was ridiculous to make plans assuming I would drive...). She cries again.

Next thing I know I’m getting calls from DH. She is texting the family and telling them I’m abusing her. I’m starving her and trapping her in the house.

So I made a rule. Next visit she stays in a hotel and rents her own car.

DH backed me up 100% and she won’t have anything to do with him now.

She behaves in a similar manner towards her 12 year old step son. He once told her she was “A cow who lives to make other people miserable”. She told me about it and I managed to say “Oh my that’s not very nice” but secretly I thought the kid has her figured out.

It felt good to let that all out!
:shock::shock:

You're a saint!!! She's darn lucky she's not wearing concrete shoes by now.
Poor step son....only 6 years to go for him ...
And yay for venting here!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
:shock::shock:

You're a saint!!! She's darn lucky she's not wearing concrete shoes by now.
Poor step son....only 6 years to go for him ...
And yay for venting here!

OMG that poor kid.

Backstory: MIL and Step-dad (SD) dated when they were kids, but broke up when MIL’s family moved away. They reconnected in their 50’s.

I thought this was a cute story until I found out about step-son and the demise of SD’s first marriage. SD was having an affair with his daughter’s best friend (he swears he didn’t touch her until she was of age...but what about grooming?). This girl became pregnant at 19 and they tried to make a go of it. A few years later she decided to attend university and met a man her own age. She left SD and is currently in a relationship with this man.

This whole thing sets off major predator alarm bells for me. Of course MIL blames the girl and refers to her in conversation as “the tart”.

She acts like this woman wronged her somehow and she’s hateful towards poor step-son.

This is the story of the one and only time I was allowed to babysit. We were visiting and MIL apologized multiple times for step-son’s presence. She explained that “the tart” refused to switch weekends because she was “off galavanting with her boyfriend”. According to her we can’t go anywhere or do anything because the kid was there. DH mentioned bringing him with us, but of course that wasn’t an option (not exactly sure why). We also couldn’t leave him behind alone because his mom let’s him get away with murder and who knows what he would get up to. There was a long rant about his mom’s lack of parenting skills. This all happened right in front of step son and you could tell the kid was fuming.

I offered to stay behind with step son so they could have some quality time with DH.

Before they left they made sure I knew that under no circumstances was I to give step-son the wifi password. We were to watch Pocahontas, eat microwave dinners, and then complete homework.

I thought Pocahontas was an odd movie choice for a 12 year old boy, but figured that he must like it so I started the movie. As soon as MIL leaves he asks if we can stop watching. He let me know that he hates the movie because it glorifies colonialism and MIL is aware of his views.

I told him that’s fair and asked what he wanted to do. He let me know that he was supposed to be at soccer practice, but they never take him and he would like to use this time to run some drills in the backyard. So that’s what we do.

We’re both starving at this point and the microwave freezer dinners are those gross weight conscious pasta things. He offers me the Mac and cheese because “it’s the least disgusting”. I’m like um no let’s order dinner.

So I let him pick a restaurant and ordered dinner for two. After we eat he insists that we hide the delivery containers and flush the frozen pasta down the toilet so MIL doesn’t know we ordered food. I said no, I’m an adult and I’m allowed to order food. I’ll tell her I wanted something else. No big deal.

He starts his homework after dinner and it’s a paper about current events in the news. This one is hard to do without internet access, but I remembered the talk about the wifi password so I let him look up news articles on my laptop.

Everyone comes home and then all hell breaks loose. MIL is yelling at step-son for using the internet. I explain that I let him use it on my laptop because he needs it for the assignment. Apparently this wasn’t good enough. He’s grounded. Then she found the takeout containers and the dirty soccer clothes in his hamper.

You’d think I murdered someone. I’m never allowed to watch the child again. I just let him do whatever he wants without consequences. I’m just like his mother. She’s happy I don’t have children because they’d be spoiled brats...and on...and on...

I think she enjoys torturing the poor kid on their custody weekends.

Adding in that DH had his own computer with internet when he was around that age. He was also allowed to choose his own food (within reason), go out with friends, watch most movies, play video games etc. She completely changed her parenting style to become super restrictive with step-son.

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@chemgirl- Your inlaws sound like really twisted, nasty people. You're probably both far better off with them out of your life. :)

ETA: I'd be very surprised if anyone believes her trash talking about you. In my experience, people who know someone well at all do know how they really are. Even if those other people nod and seem to go along with her nonsense, it's most likely just to shut her up.

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that poor kid.

Backstory: MIL and Step-dad (SD) dated when they were kids, but broke up when MIL’s family moved away. They reconnected in their 50’s.

I thought this was a cute story until I found out about step-son and the demise of SD’s first marriage. SD was having an affair with his daughter’s best friend (he swears he didn’t touch her until she was of age...but what about grooming?). This girl became pregnant at 19 and they tried to make a go of it. A few years later she decided to attend university and met a man her own age. She left SD and is currently in a relationship with this man.

This whole thing sets off major predator alarm bells for me. Of course MIL blames the girl and refers to her in conversation as “the tart”.

She acts like this woman wronged her somehow and she’s hateful towards poor step-son.

This is the story of the one and only time I was allowed to babysit. We were visiting and MIL apologized multiple times for step-son’s presence. She explained that “the tart” refused to switch weekends because she was “off galavanting with her boyfriend”. According to her we can’t go anywhere or do anything because the kid was there. DH mentioned bringing him with us, but of course that wasn’t an option (not exactly sure why). We also couldn’t leave him behind alone because his mom let’s him get away with murder and who knows what he would get up to. There was a long rant about his mom’s lack of parenting skills. This all happened right in front of step son and you could tell the kid was fuming.

I offered to stay behind with step son so they could have some quality time with DH.

Before they left they made sure I knew that under no circumstances was I to give step-son the wifi password. We were to watch Pocahontas, eat microwave dinners, and then complete homework.

I thought Pocahontas was an odd movie choice for a 12 year old boy, but figured that he must like it so I started the movie. As soon as MIL leaves he asks if we can stop watching. He let me know that he hates the movie because it glorifies colonialism and MIL is aware of his views.

I told him that’s fair and asked what he wanted to do. He let me know that he was supposed to be at soccer practice, but they never take him and he would like to use this time to run some drills in the backyard. So that’s what we do.

We’re both starving at this point and the microwave freezer dinners are those gross weight conscious pasta things. He offers me the Mac and cheese because “it’s the least disgusting”. I’m like um no let’s order dinner.

So I let him pick a restaurant and ordered dinner for two. After we eat he insists that we hide the delivery containers and flush the frozen pasta down the toilet so MIL doesn’t know we ordered food. I said no, I’m an adult and I’m allowed to order food. I’ll tell her I wanted something else. No big deal.

He starts his homework after dinner and it’s a paper about current events in the news. This one is hard to do without internet access, but I remembered the talk about the wifi password so I let him look up news articles on my laptop.

Everyone comes home and then all hell breaks loose. MIL is yelling at step-son for using the internet. I explain that I let him use it on my laptop because he needs it for the assignment. Apparently this wasn’t good enough. He’s grounded. Then she found the takeout containers and the dirty soccer clothes in his hamper.

You’d think I murdered someone. I’m never allowed to watch the child again. I just let him do whatever he wants without consequences. I’m just like his mother. She’s happy I don’t have children because they’d be spoiled brats...and on...and on...

I think she enjoys torturing the poor kid on their custody weekends.

Adding in that DH had his own computer with internet when he was around that age. He was also allowed to choose his own food (within reason), go out with friends, watch most movies, play video games etc. She completely changed her parenting style to become super restrictive with step-son.

That's full on Cinderella stepmother mode
:eek2:

Why is he still having to go to that abusive environment???
The badmouthing him in front of others is enough for him to never having to go again!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told my husband I would make him some shirts. Fun shirts, you know? I don't do human clothes so this is quite the challenge. he wanted fun hawaiian type shirts and I said sure. I promised for...Christmas.

I'm late...lol In my defense, this actually stretched my sewing ability some, which is good and bad. And, I could only get it done on the weekends if he wasn't around so I would not ruin the surprise. He loves surprises, I absolutely hate them... so with that we split the difference in that he knows I'm doing it (I sew at the dining room table, so I can't hide that I'm sewing), but not what they look like.

First was the pattern. I had a hard time finding an actual pattern but did locate it. Its a little on the advanced side (ok way advanced for me!)

I did the "fun" one first. The next 2 will be a bit more down to earth (if you can call a sushi and spam shirt down to earth!! :lol: )

It was NOT without its issues! for instance made a small tear which I tried to repair its not too bad but mmm yeah. The blue marking chalk? that never came off. I'm glad I didn't use red! I'll use some stain stick to see if I can remove it all the way. Thankfully this is the fun shirt! I did flat felled the seams so it wouldn't look too "home made" and I was smart enough to use a cotton thread that would NOT be terribly obvious because flat felling around a curve is hard to do! some of them are very questionable but did hold up decently in the first wash.

I'm pretty sure that feather weight interfacing is something I maybe should have skipped. I will skip it in the next 2 shirts because I'm using mid weight cotton. I'm sticking with mid weight cotton for now, but I'm working my way to something like lawn when I'm sure I won't trash the hell out of it. Lawn is so expensive...

I could have done a large instead of XL. He'll wear it, but the reality is it might be a we bit too big..... oh well, he can wear it around the house...

1 down 2 more to go.
20201228_175334.jpg

20201228_192039.jpg
20201228_191711.jpg

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
That's full on Cinderella stepmother mode
:eek2:

Why is he still having to go to that abusive environment???
The badmouthing him in front of others is enough for him to never having to go again!

It’s every other weekend so at least he spends most of his time with his mother.

It’s funny, but I like her. She’s close to my age and has an interesting career. She is a very good parent regardless of what MIL says.

For example she bought him a Fitbit and he gets points from her for meeting his daily step goals. He also gets points if he beats her weekly step total. He can cash out the points for things like video games and movie tickets.

Of course MIL hates this and takes the Fitbit away during their parenting time. She ranted to me about it and her main complaint is step-son spends too much time walking. Like that’s even bad?

He has a loving household about 80% of the time so hopefully he’s ok in the long term.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry how one nut can just make life hard for so many people....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results