carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Told my DD (7) I was waiting for my diamond. When my ring came
Me: see honey, my diamond ring is here
DD: Thats it????? I thought it was big..
Me: :oops2::oops2::oops2::oops2::oops2:

later on the day...
DD: Why you waste all your money buying so many jewelry???? Thats such a waste of money!!!
DH: Exactly!!! Exactly!! That’s my girl!
Me: .......... I don’t have that much........

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently near Antique wiring is undesirable. He was astonished, miraculous even that it’s lasted til now Without burning the house down.
It’s original wiring circa 1928.
Yep, there goes my bling money.
sigh.
I still bought my pearls though...

Good decision, @Bron357 !!!

We were woken up the night from the 29th to the 30th by three parked fire trucks on front of our house (we live in a private property - circa 300 m to the road , so that was an instant leap out of bed).
Turns out our elderly neighbours' house had a fire. An electric cord in the basement just ignited and while the fire didn't really take off, the whole place, basement to attic is covered in dark black soot . They have a disabled daughter and were lucky the detector went off and they were able to evacuate without any poisoning.... Can't imagine the damage if the fire had started in a wall with any wood or more flammable materials around.

Firefighters came with 7 seven trucks, a gas crisis intervention team etc...they said these fires inside walls are vicious !!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Told my DD (7) I was waiting for my diamond. When my ring came
Me: see honey, my diamond ring is here
DD: Thats it????? I thought it was big..
Me: :oops2::oops2::oops2::oops2::oops2:

later on the day...
DD: Why you waste all your money buying so many jewelry???? Thats such a waste of money!!!
DH: Exactly!!! Exactly!! That’s my girl!
Me: .......... I don’t have that much........

:shock: :lol::cry2:
We all said thoughtless things at that age. I am sure your ring is beautiful. My stepdaughter was 14-15 and thought that my ring looked like it probably cost more than $300. In her mind that was a lot. Besides, only big diamonds are expensive! Little thing you can wear aren't really $$$ at all...

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
:shock: :lol::cry2:
We all said thoughtless things at that age. I am sure your ring is beautiful. My stepdaughter was 14-15 and thought that my ring looked like it probably cost more than $300. In her mind that was a lot. Besides, only big diamonds are expensive! Little thing you can wear aren't really $$$ at all...

The thing is.... I wear 2.6ct :lol-2: I found it hilarious...
Her “is that all?” = 25EDDDBA-2737-48B1-A192-60D06171DD2B.jpeg

and I did use all my personal saving to get this, so its true that I “waste your (my) money to buy jewelry” :lol-2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The humble brag thing. The I don't know whether you are bragging or complaining thing.:rolleyes::roll: Ugh.

cheers--Sharon

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mother in Law disowned husband last year. I don’t know why, but I still expected her to at least text him Merry Christmas.

She didn’t.

He’s not mad about it. I am.

Eventually she will burn every family and friend bridge and be left alone and miserable. How old is she? Does she have any siblings? What happened to DH’s dad? I am confused as to where step dad came in in relation to DH. She sounds like she has some wealth and uses possible inheritance to maintain contact. I am glad your DH is OK with her recent act of disowning him as no money is worth that toxic relationship. One does not become that dysfunctional overnight. I bet your DH has horrible stories of her during his childhood. Any siblings or relatives to keep him apprised of what is going on with her? Her visit sounded horrible almost like she had a mental breakdown.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what I've really missed this year...

LASAGNA.

Me too as I make it once a year for Christmas. It was delicious and miss it already.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too as I make it once a year for Christmas. It was delicious and miss it already.

Oh Lambie, I'm so envious! :lickout:

There is a place at the end of the block from my old condo (where you were) that makes absolutely delicious lasagna and the instant it's warm enough to eat outside I"m going there!

Last edited:

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I told my husband not to get me anything for Christmas. He hates getting gifts and in a pandemic like this shopping isn’t exactly practical. So he got me a tennis bracelet! I was floored. And I feel bad because he meant well and I am touched, but the idea of wearing an expensive bracelet like that gives me anxiety. I don’t want to hurt his feelings but we have to return it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

and I did use all my personal saving to get this, so its true that I “waste your (my) money to buy jewelry” :lol-2:

That is absolutely stunning! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told my husband not to get me anything for Christmas. He hates getting gifts and in a pandemic like this shopping isn’t exactly practical. So he got me a tennis bracelet! I was floored. And I feel bad because he meant well and I am touched, but the idea of wearing an expensive bracelet like that gives me anxiety. I don’t want to hurt his feelings but we have to return it.

Very very sweet of him @vintageloves!

And this is why I always, without exception, purchase my own gifts from my DH. I love him and he loves me but only I know what I will love (and enjoy wearing). Bling wise and otherwise.

Have to decided what you might get instead?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SWOON! :love:

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Very very sweet of him @vintageloves!

And this is why I always, without exception, purchase my own gifts from my DH. I love him and he loves me but only I know what I will love (and enjoy wearing). Bling wise and otherwise.

Have to decided what you might get instead?

I love the idea of a surprise but I think it was something to ease into rather than going straight for a very expensive bracelet. It’s the 4 ct from James Allen. I was thinking of exchanging it for the lab version? That way I keep the bracelet in a sense but I don’t need to freak out as much about the cost. I’m just not sure where I would wear a tennis bracelet.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of a surprise but I think it was something to ease into rather than going straight for a very expensive bracelet. It’s the 4 ct from James Allen. I was thinking of exchanging it for the lab version? That way I keep the bracelet in a sense but I don’t need to freak out as much about the cost. I’m just not sure where I would wear a tennis bracelet.

Everywhere! Life is too short to tuck it away. Grocery shopping, out to coffee, in the house watching movies, you name it!

I hope you find a solution that makes you happy. Are you able to keep it for a bit and see if it works with your life? (I don't know their return policy...)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love PS and pricescopers.❤️

Where else can one discuss diamonds, colored gemstones, life and death issues, music, sports and hobbies, indented earlobes :lol: etc.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Lambie, I'm so envious! :lickout:

There is a place at the end of the block from my old condo (where you were) that makes absolutely delicious lasagna and the instant it's warm enough to eat outside I"m going there!

I think I know the place.! let me say how awesome your old condo was! brought me back to the GTG...old times, right?
wishing you a happy new year! Can’t wait to get to another GTG!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is too funny. City boy (well, suburb guy) isn't used to living near a river. Multiple times a day, I hear about how loud the river is and he is worried we will flood. :lol: The river runs along our backyard so that isn't impossible, but it is nowhere near flooding right now.

Well water still has bacteria. Working on that. Plus drainage since the yards all slope towards the house. Seriously, who does that!? Solar system getting installed this month! So many exciting things!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I know the place.! let me say how awesome your old condo was! brought me back to the GTG...old times, right?
wishing you a happy new year! Can’t wait to get to another GTG!

That place WAS awesome, but it was time to move on. I'll be happy to have you over to my new place... but you and I are about the only ones that will fit -- it's TINY!

When this is all over I'd love to organize another GTG. Maybe at Ivy & Rose and then lunch/dinner somewhere. Actually, I should look into the hospitality room at my new building. Hmmm... I feel a party plan coming on! :think:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mailed off three diamond rings since yesterday! OMG One may be sold by tomorrow morning....One will be made into a bangle bracelet...The last one is an upgrade with Whiteflash. I will get the new upgrade in three weeks. I’m freaking out a little! Eeeek!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s my birthday..I’m old.

Me too and my BD is at the end of the month. Despite our impending decrepitude, I hope you have a great day. I've got this posted on my fridge:

What a ride.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too and my BD is at the end of the month. Despite our impending decrepitude, I hope you have a great day. I've got this posted on my fridge:

What a ride.png

Haha! I love this!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results