shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just a mini rant. Since my daughter had to postpone her wedding, she's now having to send out new Save the Date cards. However, the "new" charge is almost $4 each! I feel like the printer is taking advantage. Her whole suite of invitations was only $5 each before the pandemic. I'm just peeved. I feel like so many little things are just getting ridiculous. Also, Costco used to sell the good 40 roll toilet paper, now it's 30 rolls for the same price. I think I'm losing my mind right now in general.

@lyra I'm with you. That sucks that the vendor is taking advantage like that. Insult upon injury. I know everyone is hurting but still it doesn't feel right. I hope your DD's new wedding date goes off without a hitch!

And yeah prices are higher everywhere. Some I understand (vendor raised price because his cost was increased like what probably happened at Costco with the TP) but some are just taking advantage.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I was ticked at the TP because I didn't even realize the change. I was wondering how the previous pack of 40 lasted so long, while it looked like this wasn't lasting. Then I clued in.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
It can be disconcerting how long it lasts but it should go back to normal.

@TooPatient Mine numbness lasted for no less than 2 years. It bothered me a lot but gradually I got used to it. Then it completely got back to normal. Hope everything heals well!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Putting this here....tomorrow starts the first day of the craziest school year ever. I'm nervous, am hoping all things work out, and I'm very very very thankful that my admin has (again) emphasized to focus on relationships. I currently have "plans" for the first two weeks and that's it. I'm hoping that by the time comes for week three I'll be feeling more confident about everything. I'm also hoping that parents don't start rushing everything and cause issues.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Putting this here....tomorrow starts the first day of the craziest school year ever. I'm nervous, am hoping all things work out, and I'm very very very thankful that my admin has (again) emphasized to focus on relationships. I currently have "plans" for the first two weeks and that's it. I'm hoping that by the time comes for week three I'll be feeling more confident about everything. I'm also hoping that parents don't start rushing everything and cause issues.

Good luck to you as well as to your wonderful and smart students! Everything is going to be fine! G-d bless you for doing right things. Good night to you =)2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new reading nook! Haha it's my pride and joy! I'm not really into decorating normally but I had this vision for this part of the house and had a great time finding the right pieces to set it up.

We just need to attached the bookshelf to the wall and then we can start putting books in it. IMG_20200805_140216.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new reading nook! Haha it's my pride and joy! I'm not really into decorating normally but I had this vision for this part of the house and had a great time finding the right pieces to set it up.

We just need to attached the bookshelf to the wall and then we can start putting books in it. IMG_20200805_140216.jpg

So comfy cozy and inviting. Love this. Enjoy it @mellowyellowgirl.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was lurking on a Tiffany band on eBay. I received an email to go check it out again. The price listed in the email was the price I remembered. I clicked on the link to check it out again and the ring is now about $50 more! What the heck?! I am now completely turned off.

Email
67FDEA6E-B7AA-4D78-AA1D-630C06625F0C.jpeg
Listing as it is priced now 0D9EBFD4-F171-45B3-8BF7-B1A132D8A5FC.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was lurking on a Tiffany band on eBay. I received an email to go check it out again. The price listed in the email was the price I remembered. I clicked on the link to check it out again and the ring is now about $50 more! What the heck?! I am now completely turned off.

Email
67FDEA6E-B7AA-4D78-AA1D-630C06625F0C.jpeg
Listing as it is priced now 0D9EBFD4-F171-45B3-8BF7-B1A132D8A5FC.jpeg

Offer them what you’re willing to pay.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Offer them what you’re willing to pay.

Thank you @missy ! There is no ‘Offer’ option. Should I just contact them? Now I am hesitating to deal with them...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy ! There is no ‘Offer’ option. Should I just contact them? Now I am hesitating to deal with them...

Yes just message them. No need to worry because you’ll pay with PayPal or a credit card that will provide protection. If you decide the price is fair and you want the item. I’ve had offers accepted by messaging the vendor when there’s been no offer button. Good luck.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh I just love this, such a cozy space! I've been looking for a chair to use in a similar space, I really love this one. Nice job!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I just love this, such a cozy space! I've been looking for a chair to use in a similar space, I really love this one. Nice job!

Aww thank you!!!! I love that chair so much it makes me squeeeeeeee to know someone else likes it too!

The space was tricky!!! It was big enough so that it looked empty if we left it alone, yet when we tried pieces that were too large it looked like we were storing furniture in a hallway (we moved several recliners into the space to test it out because originally we wanted a recliner for comfort).

I really wanted something comfy! So many chairs are pretty but really uncomfortable to sit on! And then hubby needed to something to rest his long legs. For a while it felt like we were looking for some mythical non existent chair so I was thrilled when I found it. It is soooooo comfy!!!!!!

Plzzzzz show me when you find what you want for your space!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While we were cycling today I saw a wallet on the ground in Asbury Park and we stopped and I got it despite thinking oy what germs etc. With Covid everything is more complicated. But I know the awful feeling of losing something valuable and I couldn't just ride on by.

We found his name (all his driver's licenses from his first to his current were in the wallet) and he had $300 in cash and about 6 credit cards and so many other cards including health insurance etc. OMG. We googled his name and location and called and it was his mom's phone. She called him and he called me and he didn't even yet realize it was gone. LOL. He was at a bar a few neighborhoods away so we just cycled there and gave him his wallet. He told us his mom said to him that he is an idiot but a lucky one that we were the ones who found his wallet. :lol:

So happy we were able to find his wallet and give it back to him. He was very happy and so were we.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While we were cycling today I saw a wallet on the ground in Asbury Park and we stopped and I got it despite thinking oy what germs etc. With Covid everything is more complicated. But I know the awful feeling of losing something valuable and I couldn't just ride on by.

We found his name (all his driver's licenses from his first to his current were in the wallet) and he had $300 in cash and about 6 credit cards and so many other cards including health insurance etc. OMG. We googled his name and location and called and it was his mom's phone. She called him and he called me and he didn't even yet realize it was gone. LOL. He was at a bar a few neighborhoods away so we just cycled there and gave him his wallet. He told us his mom said to him that he is an idiot but a lucky one that we were the ones who found his wallet. :lol:

So happy we were able to find his wallet and give it back to him. He was very happy and so were we.

heartwarming, thank you missy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you!!!! I love that chair so much it makes me squeeeeeeee to know someone else likes it too!

The space was tricky!!! It was big enough so that it looked empty if we left it alone, yet when we tried pieces that were too large it looked like we were storing furniture in a hallway (we moved several recliners into the space to test it out because originally we wanted a recliner for comfort).

I really wanted something comfy! So many chairs are pretty but really uncomfortable to sit on! And then hubby needed to something to rest his long legs. For a while it felt like we were looking for some mythical non existent chair so I was thrilled when I found it. It is soooooo comfy!!!!!!

Plzzzzz show me when you find what you want for your space!!!!!

Yes, the chair you found is perfect!!! I know exactly what you mean...I'm looking for the same exact thing...something that doesn't take up a lot of room but is comfy. It's got to be comfortable LOL!

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
The huge age gap between the lead actor and lead actress in movies is always a pet peeve of mine.

Latest example, Kevin Bacon (62) and Amanda Seyfried (34) as a couple with young children in some random horror B movie.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’ve officially joined the oldsters. Just bought yet another 2 pairs of sketchers. Add those to the 3 pairs I bought last week and the 10 plus pairs I already own and I guess that’s it for me. No more youthful old. I’m just old. :lol:

But at least my feet are comfortable. :)

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I think I’ve officially joined the oldsters. Just bought yet another 2 pairs of sketchers. Add those to the 3 pairs I bought last week and the 10 plus pairs I already own and I guess that’s it for me. No more youthful old. I’m just old. :lol:

But at least my feet are comfortable. :)

Your feet are narrow I believe. I am also old :lol-2:, but my 7 size feet are wide, so I buy men's size 6 walking sketchers. They are a little bit big but very comfortable, I am using thicker socks. Being old, I don't even care for my shoes being ladies' anymore 8-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your feet are narrow I believe. I am also old :lol-2:, but my 7 size feet are wide, so I buy men's size 6 walking sketchers. They are a little bit big but very comfortable, I am using thicker socks. Being old, I don't even care for my shoes being ladies' anymore 8-)

I hear you. I buy men's socks. I also occasionally buy other men's items for myself. I don't mind at all. In fact I just bought navy blue men's socks with my Timberland waterproof boot purchase today. Super comfy.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 3.20.49 PM.png

I have big feet. I started out as a size 8 (narrow) in my twenties but am a solid size 9.5 now.
Whatcha gonna do?

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 3.23.55 PM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@mellowyellowgirl I have the same chair in walnut! I call it my meatball chair! Your reading space looks very comfy!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Of course you did @missy You’re such a good honest person. I love his mother’s reaction! :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished a 12 week course that was shoved into a "challenging" six week summer quarter in just over two days because I was exhausted and taking care of DH. Finished with a solid 97%....

Yes, I did graduate. This is just an extra class towards a certificate I figured I may as well get.

ETA: nothing all that interesting. Spreadsheets for business stuff.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results