I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Don't want to start a thread on this but if anyone could offer suggestions I'd appreciate it. I'm looking to buy some glassware: gold rimmed, short stem, and parfait (?) shaped. I've broken three of my favorite Williams Sonoma glasses and they don't carry them anymore. Google wasn't too much help as many of the glasses shown have tall stems. Help? :)

cheers--Sharon

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Don't want to start a thread on this but if anyone could offer suggestions I'd appreciate it. I'm looking to buy some glassware: gold rimmed, short stem, and parfait (?) shaped. I've broken three of my favorite Williams Sonoma glasses and they don't carry them anymore. Google wasn't too much help as many of the glasses shown have tall stems. Help? :)

cheers--Sharon

Those sound beautiful! Someone must make something like that.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Still processing this....so we were originally slated to have the first day of school on August 5th. Now it's delayed until at least the 17th. I'm sad for this.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal, did you check for replacements of what you have on ebay? I have found a bunch of things I used to have on ebay and find it to be a great resource for that purpose.Thrift shop and estate sale websites are also good resources for out of stock / discontinued items. You have to be one who enjoys the hunting process, though.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon

I can't sleep so decided to browse glasses. Reminding myself that I have no room for these and would have to pick a set of something to part with if I wanted to make room....

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...our-gold-banded-iced-tea-glasses?ID=11206085&

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are doing a full funeral for my MIL this Monday. Starts at the funeral home for a viewing (closed casket) then goes to the church for a mass and then to the gravesite and then a luncheon. I am concerned about potential Covid 19 infection for those who attend and it seems like many are attending. Please think good thoughts that it goes smoothly and no one gets infected with Covid 19 as a result.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray everyone stays safe from covid. Please take care.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal, did you check for replacements of what you have on ebay? I have found a bunch of things I used to have on ebay and find it to be a great resource for that purpose.Thrift shop and estate sale websites are also good resources for out of stock / discontinued items. You have to be one who enjoys the hunting process, though.

No I didn't think of that! I've haven't been on ebay inn ages. I'll have a boo! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't sleep so decided to browse glasses. Reminding myself that I have no room for these and would have to pick a set of something to part with if I wanted to make room....

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...our-gold-banded-iced-tea-glasses?ID=11206085&

WOT?? No sleep debt to repay??? But alas, I relate. I have insomnia.

Those glasses are seriously lovely, thanks for the suggestion! They are a bit tall in the torso if that makes sense. Oh and BTW do you have Netflix? Because I could have made a pun referencing the new movie; EuroVision (2020). so SILLY (lots of laffs) when the reference to "tall glasses" is made. (aka long stemmed flutes....lol) I've knocked over a few tall bodied/long stemmed flutes in my lifetime!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray everyone stays safe from covid. Please take care.

Thank you @lyra, your good thoughts are much appreciated. We will be wearing masks and social distancing and my dh assures me we will be safe. I just hope the funeral home and church enforce the rules and keep the number of people inside at any given time to the correct amount and make sure everyone is social distancing. We can only control our behavior.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOT?? No sleep debt to repay??? But alas, I relate. I have insomnia.

Those glasses are seriously lovely, thanks for the suggestion! They are a bit tall in the torso if that makes sense. Oh and BTW do you have Netflix? Because I could have made a pun referencing the new movie; EuroVision (2020). so SILLY (lots of laffs) when the reference to "tall glasses" is made. (aka long stemmed flutes....lol) I've knocked over a few tall bodied/long stemmed flutes in my lifetime!!

Plenty of sleep debt, but in some pain this week. Still no PT after back surgery and now my last two wisdom teeth need to come out.

They are a bit tall! I notice they are called iced tea glasses. Would probably hold a nice glass worth of wine... :D

No Netflix, sadly. We had problems with the physical discs (someone was taking them and watching them before they were delivered! I guess our mailman likes documentaries :shock:) then streaming isn't really the greatest quality so DH grumbles about that so much I can't enjoy anything.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are doing a full funeral for my MIL this Monday. Starts at the funeral home for a viewing (closed casket) then goes to the church for a mass and then to the gravesite and then a luncheon. I am concerned about potential Covid 19 infection for those who attend and it seems like many are attending. Please think good thoughts that it goes smoothly and no one gets infected with Covid 19 as a result.

I'm sorry for your loss. It is never a good time to lose someone, but this virus adds a whole special misery to the process. Sending you continued hugs and hoping for everyone to stay safe.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Also try replacements.com and Etsy.

And, it’s not uncommon to find fairly complete sets of Crystal in thrift shops, especially higher end thrift shops. Not in your specific pattern, necessarily, but it might be worth checking out if you’re not in a hurry.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And, it’s not uncommon to find fairly complete sets of Crystal in thrift shops, especially higher end thrift shops. Not in your specific pattern, necessarily, but it might be worth checking out if you’re not in a hurry.

Thanks for the link VRB! I will spend my afternoon looking!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal, Williams Sonoma names its glassware. Some resellers include WS's model name in their listings.To help streamline your online replacement search, you could contact WS and ask for the name of the collection with which your glassware is associated.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal, Williams Sonoma names its glassware. Some resellers include WS's model name in their listings.To help streamline your online replacement search, you could contact WS and ask for the name of the collection with which your glassware is associated.

Thank you! I LOVE PS'ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This might help:

eta - pity. They don’t make it easy to paste a link. Basically, you choose the “Crystal and glassware” link, and then use the pull-down menu to get to the Williams Sonoma patterns. They have pictures and everything!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This might help:

eta - pity. They don’t make it easy to paste a link. Basically, you choose the “Crystal and glassware” link, and then use the pull-down menu to get to the Williams Sonoma patterns. They have pictures and everything!

No probs VRB. Thanks for all the suggestions!!!!

I did spend sometime on replacements...I wanted to click on so many items...but of course there was only "one" glass left in desired patterns or otherwise sold out....wawaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Anyway I'll keep on looking. Something will surface

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg refuses to wear a shield over his mask on Monday when we are attending indoor services at the Church and greeting people at the wake at the funeral home. Am I being unreasonable asking and wanting him to wear a shield over his mask?

I know he has 2 concerns (because I asked him) and he won’t budge.

Concern 1 is reckless imo. He doesn’t want to look foolish. I think his behavior is foolish and potentially deadly. To us both.

Concern 2 is muffling his speech. He’s giving the eulogy. I think this is manageable. But of course it’s his decision though it can affect both of us quite negatively.

#frustrated
#concerned
#vanityblows

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update. Now he says he’ll wear the face shield over the mask. Why? Because I showed him our niece not social distancing with friends (on IG). One of the nieces who will be at the funeral home and church and gravesite.

But I don’t know what to do. He will resent me if he ends up wearing it I know. I’m sure no one else in his family will be wearing one. So what do I do? I resent the fact I have to be the “bad” guy. The heavy. Always. When it comes to safety and health I’m always the proactive one in this family. :/

Unsure of what to do.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Update. Now he says he’ll wear the face shield over the mask. Why? Because I showed him our niece not social distancing with friends (on IG). One of the nieces who will be at the funeral home and church and gravesite.

But I don’t know what to do. He will resent me if he ends up wearing it I know. I’m sure no one else in his family will be wearing one. So what do I do? I resent the fact I have to be the “bad” guy. The heavy. Always. When it comes to safety and health I’m always the proactive one in this family. :/

Unsure of what to do.

That is a really tough one @missy no easy answer. I think these days anything goes. I see folks completely covered with sunglasses too and cannot see any skin. Meaning, it might feel awkward to him to wear a shield but no one will be judging him. They will be thinking about his sorrow, admiring his eulogy and appreciating how he is protecting himself and others. I hear you as well on him resenting you and I know you don't want that. That is a tough one. He is grieving and may not be thinking as clearly as well. Maybe give him some time on it and see what he thinks.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While he is giving his eulogy, is it possible for him to be more than 6ft from all other people? If that's the case, maybe he would be okay with just the mask for the speech, then the shield immediately after. Just throwing out ideas here. I'm sorry you're in this situation.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First let me extend my love and sympathies to Greg and you all. I am sorry you are dealing with this, especially as the ‘heavy.’ :( I agree with @lyra and @bling_dream19 I think during his eulogy he could probably remove it as he should be far enough away from others.
Perhaps if it is a vanity thing, does he wear glasses or can he wear sunglasses. I know they are not as protective but he will be more comfortable during what is sure to be an awfully sad day.
He NEEDS to stay away from that niece!! SMDH

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @bling_dream19 @lyra @Slick1 I agree. And when he’s giving the eulogy he’ll be far enough from everyone at the lecturn.

@Slick1 thats the only one I *know* about. Most of the other family members are not on IG. So no clue how conscientious they’re being.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy, I am in the camp that wearing a mask/face shield doesn't harm anyone. And it just might protect a lot of people. Greg is a beautiful person inside and out. Anyone who knows him/his family gets that (honorable intentions and actions) and face shields are just a sign of the times.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WHY OH WHY you your recommend this link VRB???? I've just spent an hour (or two) looking at Christmas stuff!!!!:confused2::lol-2::P2 (at least my work related headache is gone......:))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results