shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is impossible sometimes! His birthday is in just over a week and he spent the last few days hinting at then directly saying he hopes we can get the take home churasco meal for his birthday. I mean, he gets we can't really do anything....

I finally had to tell him that not only was that what I was doing, it had already been planned and arranged before he sat there hinting. I was trying to surprise him but he just looked so hurt as I kept changing the subject.

He has been doing the same thing with the Blu-ray series I already ordered. I guess it is confirmation that I picked well!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just venting/whining:

This past week has sucked. And that's mild. Besides ALL.THE.THINGS. happening across the US (which I'm not wanting to diminish), there's also this:
  • Our water bill was 2x the normal amount. Called plumber, leak is somewhere.
  • Plumber gave us a quote on doing a new line (ranges from $1500-$5000)
  • Decided to do some work to save $$$ ended up with me getting heat stroke (or exhaustion, I forget which one is worse, essentially no hospital but I felt awful and had about passed out, am fine now)
  • Hubs came home Fri and did some digging found MORE F#$%$# pipes. What the hell they all go to is anyone's guess.
  • Gas people finally came out today, the new water line will cross the neighbor's gas line, but they can't stake it because the neighbor's aren't home and their gate is locked (meaning they'll have to come back).
  • The estimate for a leak detection company to come and figure out where the leak is is around $800. (The thought being to fix the leak ourselves to give us some time to plan).
  • DD#1 graduated (as in picked up her diploma 5/21), and the school cancelled the in person graduation after saying it was going to happen. Now some craptastic drive through graduation. I would have been FINE with this if it happened say around the time of her actual graduation.
  • DD#1 is moving and needs to do some things and is very lackadaisical about it and I'm highly frustrated.
  • Apparently she REALLY wanted a specific yearbook and I missed all the communication from her saying that she wanted it and now I think it might be too late.
  • The guidelines on how school should be came out and I'm just not sure about anything which doesn't help me at this point.
Not sure if I feel better writing this or not. Sigh.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SOME GOOD NEWS!!!!! I'm super excited. So the city water guy came out to check. He said: turn off the water to the TOILETS. We did...NO MOVEMENT ON THE METER!!!! I cannot tell you how relieved I am. We knew one toilet was running, but didn't think it was THIS big of a deal! I am so relieved!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am ashamed of myself for ever having used the words "cool loot" when complimenting jewellery in the SMTB forum. Now, more than ever, it is inappropriate and I will never utter those words again. I never meant to be malicious. Sorry if any offense caused.

kind regards, Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal , I can only speak for myself but Sharon I’m pretty sure many on here know you are not a malicious person. Please know that. Callie

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOME GOOD NEWS!!!!! I'm super excited. So the city water guy came out to check. He said: turn off the water to the TOILETS. We did...NO MOVEMENT ON THE METER!!!! I cannot tell you how relieved I am. We knew one toilet was running, but didn't think it was THIS big of a deal! I am so relieved!

That is great news! I just read what is happening with your digging and was going to suggest the city guys. The one who came out to our house was very helpful. Ours actually was an issue right at the supply (but on our side not city side) that uncovered a bad pipe that would have been pretty catastrophic if it failed. I did the digging. That is HARD work! So glad you didn't end up hospitalized. Doing that work in the heat is just... Wow. So glad you are okay.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am ashamed of myself for ever having used the words "cool loot" when complimenting jewellery in the SMTB forum. Now, more than ever, it is inappropriate and I will never utter those words again. I never meant to be malicious. Sorry if any offense caused.

kind regards, Sharon

I don't think you have a malicious bone in your body! (I grew up with my grandmother and others in my life referring to Christmas gifts, bags from shopping trips, and all sorts of things as "loot" so it hadn't occurred to me until I saw your comment that this could offend people. It was always used in positive ways around me so it just never got a second thought.)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you have a malicious bone in your body! (I grew up with my grandmother and others in my life referring to Christmas gifts, bags from shopping trips, and all sorts of things as "loot" so it hadn't occurred to me until I saw your comment that this could offend people. It was always used in positive ways around me so it just never got a second thought.)

Thank you @TooPatient for understanding. Hope things are settling down for you and you finish school soon!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

kind regards, Sharon

I missed this.
I’ve called my own purchases “loot”.
I really can’t imagine anyone on here taking objection to the word when used in jest, even now.
Regardless, you sharing your thoughts highlights (again) your kindness and empathy ❤️

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's 1:45 and I should be working right now. Working HARD. But all I really want to do is pour a glass of wine and sit on the deck and read the good book I started last night while I wait in the wind for the rain to come.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the wind and the rain came and went. How was the glass of wine @Dee*Jay and what beautiful glass did you use?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the wind and the rain came and went. How was the glass of wine @Dee*Jay and what beautiful glass did you use?

I compromised and had a glass of wine while I worked (but I really wanted to be reading that book!).

DF888921-26D0-4568-AA76-17C48AC22B16.jpeg
This is my coaster BTW!

4CF00223-1757-454F-B717-2B504CAF0360.jpeg

ETA: Should have cleaned that glass before I took the pic -- sorry! I didn't realize it was all sweaty and chapsticked up until I saw it on my screen!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our school year isn't officially done until next week, but I am done for this year.

Monday my older son out of the blue decided to help the younger one with his assignments for the day, they are all done on an IPad. The teacher usually reviews the work and can leave comments. Much of it is multiple step, watch a video write three sentences and draw a picture to illustrate your sentences.

Monday's assignments were all about frogs, he had to write three facts, they did that but older son didn't have him write them in sentences. Her comment on the work was "remember to write in complete sentences". Maybe I am hormonal but I'm just totally done, that comment took the wind out of my sails. We've also had a comment from the librarian telling us something we did was wrong and asking us to correct it.

It's just all too much and little kids should not be spending their schooling time on a device. Forget complete sentences how about we just work on perfecting letter formation so the sentences are actually legible ;-)

My hats off to the parents who are still hanging in with distance learning.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Chocolate makes me cranky, dark, depressed and brooding.
Yet I crave it. Made those no bake peanut butter chocolate bars of missy’s for the fam, and I’ve already eaten 2 pieces. I can write off today and tomorrow’s mental health. Sigh. You gotta make these bars if you like PB and chocolate tho. O.M.G.

Shoulda gone to @daisysanddiamonds for cake.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet I crave it. Made those no bake peanut butter chocolate bars of missy’s for the fam, and I’ve already eaten 2 pieces. I can write off today and tomorrow’s mental health. Sigh. You gotta make these bars if you like PB and chocolate tho. O.M.G.

Aww I am sorry the PB and chocolate bars don't lift your spirits but am glad you enjoyed eating them anyway.

pbbars.jpg

I hear you on how the most yummy food might not be the best for our mood but oh it's so good.

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.42.06 PM.png

Hope you feel much better than you think you will tomorrow!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aren't they fabulous?
I make them occasionally, too. And when I do, I make three batches back to back.
Cause they are freakin delicious!
Thanks @missy
for the extra calories!
Luv ya! :lol: :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aren't they fabulous?
I make them occasionally, too. And when I do, I make three batches back to back.
Cause they are freakin delicious!
Thanks @missy
for the extra calories!
Luv ya! :lol: :kiss2:

Luv ya too! And I’m always happy to enable my fellow PSers with bling or chocolates and other yummy delights. ❤️
At your service anytime :)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is this recipe??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is this recipe??

Here you go.

We freeze them after we make them. Soooo good. Hope you enjoy!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry @YadaYadaYada you’re so right, that is disappointing. They should be happy any work is being completed at this point. I know I am! I’ll just say that half my students are done too. . .

Off to eat chocolate now... :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, chocolate makes everything better!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so excited to be going on a real outing with a friend tomorrow! It feels like a special occasion so I did my nails, lol. :)
7BF337A0-1DDF-4DB3-BE89-6BAD05E3C74B.jpeg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Today is my mum's birthday and she would have been 80 but she passed away in 2018 and today feels bittersweet. I know she's not in pain anymore but I wish she was here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is my mum's birthday and she would have been 80 but she passed away in 2018 and today feels bittersweet. I know she's not in pain anymore but I wish she was here.

I am sorry @DiaDiva. Sending you gentle hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tommy is refusing all food now for 2 days. I am putting this out into the universe. Please let Tommy get better. Please give him the will to live and give him his appetite back. It isn't your time yet Tommy. Please don't give up. We love you and we need you. Francesca and Fred aren't ready for you to join them just yet.

Tommy_Jan 2016.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is with the BS spam we get here ?
If we got that on my Bruce Springsteen forum id post a few expletives in reply
but we seem to be very polite and light on the potty mouth around here

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tommy is refusing all food now for 2 days. I am putting this out into the universe. Please let Tommy get better. Please give him the will to live and give him his appetite back. It isn't your time yet Tommy. Please don't give up. We love you and we need you. Francesca and Fred aren't ready for you to join them just yet.

Tommy_Jan 2016.jpg

Tommy.please eat dinner
you can have anything you want in the fridge, just eat something
Have something off mom and dad's plates if you want

I must admit no eating freeks me out because our cats are foodies

He might be getting a cold ?
Once Borris went off her food- had two nights at the vet with a $600 vet bill, they eventually gave her apitite stimulate and she came home eatting but two days latter came down with a snoty chesty cold

Please eat dear Tommy
Xxxoooxxx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Virtue signaling should be discouraged in all walks of life. Let’s endeavor to do good without your name ever being discovered or associated with it.

“Good quote from an article I just read: “What does it say to the humanity of Black people that white people still get to play both the hero and the villain in their trauma?”

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tommy_Jan 2016.jpg

I'm sorry @missy, I really hope Tommy starts eating and feeling better soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results