shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know where to put this and I wanted to share it. I really enjoy President Macron.

"If you've ever seen an excessively adorable baby and gushed that you want to eat it right up, maybe you'll empathize with Emmanuel Macron. Per the AP, the French president was finishing up a short visit Down Under on Wednesday and tried to thank his host, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, for his country's hospitality. During a Sydney presser, Macron turned to Turnbull and said, 'I want to thank you … and your delicious wife for your warm welcome.' Some speculate that Macron, who the BBC says boasts 'usually excellent English,' may not have realized that although the French word 'delicieux' is commonly used to indicate both 'delicious' and 'delightful,' the word 'delicious' in English isn't used as often to suggest the latter. That seems more logical and likely than Macron accidentally airing his inner Hannibal Lecter."

Comedians on television have enjoyed working with this story. Excerpted from "The New York Times":

"President Emmanuel Macron of France slipped up during a joint news conference with Malcolm Turnbull, the Australian prime minister, calling Turnbull’s wife 'delicious.' Trevor Noah had some fun with that.

'Whoa, back off, Pepé Le Pew, that’s someone’s wife. You know, it would have been cool if the Australian prime minister thought it was some sort of custom and rolled with it — if he was like, [Australian accent] "Thank you, President Macron, your wife is quite shaggable as well. I’d totally snack on 'er.' — TREVOR NOAH

As it turns out, it was an innocent mistake: The French word for delicious — délicieux — can also be used to mean 'charming.' But for a moment, Noah was concerned.

'I was worried that when Macron came to the U.S., instead of him rubbing off on Trump, it was Trump that was rubbing off on him. Like, they held hands and suddenly Macron was like [French accent], "Madame and monsieur, we will make France great again. Who is going to pay for eet? Belgium!"' — TREVOR NOAH"

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches I'm with you. I detest drama and have known this for many decades but I am older than you. Never liked it and never wanted to have it in my life. Get rid of toxicity wherever, whenever and however you can.

Speaking of toxicity I just found out I tested positive for mercury toxicity. I am concerned and worried and not sure if eliminating certain fish from my diet will be enough or if I need to do a heavy metal chelation and if I do my internist doesn't know where I can go as he researched it before he called me last night. But he said we will figure it out. #scared
Missy,

I hope this works out for the best. Maybe once this is resolved, many of your other health issues will get better too. Please keep us posted.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,

I hope this works out for the best. Maybe once this is resolved, many of your other health issues will get better too. Please keep us posted.

Thank you so much House Cat. I appreciate that and wishing you and your sweet son all the best and good health. Please let us know how he is doing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to get more of the bath towels I love at Kohl's and got sidetracked at the jewelry counter. They have pretty stuff that is inexpensive for my 13 year old cousin. Sometimes I even find inexpensive versions of a style I have been wanting so I buy and wear a bit to see if I really want it to wear (instead of buying the real thing and being out a lot of money).

Anyway... All that to say the lady was showing me one of the bangles would fit. Got it on and then neither of us could figure out how to get it off... Oops! Took four employees plus me more than half an hour to finally figifi it out.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Had the most delicious Pho today. I remember Phoenix's thread on making the broth--I hope she is OK!

cheers--Sharon

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Had the most delicious Pho today. I remember Phoenix's thread on making the broth--I hope she is OK!

cheers--Sharon
MMMMM... I love Vietnamese food!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooo... I wasn't sure where to put this. Not exactly a random comment but I didn't want to make an entire thread either.

for those who know my sister has leukemia. Its not getting better, in fact its getting worse.

Her daughters lost their father last month. Only to be told that their mother is not in remission and is reaching very fast unfortunately, palliative care phase. She is open to bone marrow but its a very very slim chance considering what she's dealing with. She will have the complication of Von Willebrand. Basically she could bleed out during the surgery. Hell as it is she gets nosebleeds on a dime. Then of course there's having to just get to the point of the surgery itself, which is really dangerous on its own.

She has so many reasons why she should be here and her kids/grand kids need her.

JFC this sucks:(2

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sooooo... I wasn't sure where to put this. Not exactly a random comment but I didn't want to make an entire thread either.
for those who know my sister has leukemia. Its not getting better, in fact its getting worse..........

Hugs, to you Arcadian :cry2::cry::cry::cry::cry::(2:(2:(2:(2

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

for those who know my sister has leukemia. Its not getting better, in fact its getting worse.

Her daughters lost their father last month. Only to be told that their mother is not in remission and is reaching very fast unfortunately, palliative care phase. She is open to bone marrow but its a very very slim chance considering what she's dealing with. She will have the complication of Von Willebrand. Basically she could bleed out during the surgery. Hell as it is she gets nosebleeds on a dime. Then of course there's having to just get to the point of the surgery itself, which is really dangerous on its own.

She has so many reasons why she should be here and her kids/grand kids need her.

I'm sorry. Cancer sucks. Sending you and your family hugs as these difficult decisions have to be made.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian, I am so very sorry :cry2: My heart goes out to you, your sister and her family and I'm sending lots of love and support. I know everyone is suffering so much right now. (((Hugs)))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Arcadian--such sad news. Healing vibes across the miles.

kind regards--Sharon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian, I am so sorry. Hugs and prayer for your family.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian , Sending prayers to you and your family. My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry. Callie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do not know how I missed knowing any of this, Arcadian. I followed you and your dog through a hurricane, after all, and that made me feel I really knew you apart from the fragrance and the colored stone threads. How I missed knowing that your sister was so ill and that her children had already lost their father, I do not know.

I am very, very sorry. I am also extremely shocked. How old are her daughters? (I see that she has grandchildren.) How far does your sister live from you? I know that you made a big geographic move, but I do not know where your family is located. Are her children being supportive to her? What kind of support are you getting?

I don't mean to bombard you with questions, but I want you to know that I have been through this with my parents and if there is anything I can do to help, I would be happy to.

Big hugs,
Deb

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry!!! gosh that is horrible... I send you a big hug.. SISTERs... love 'em hate 'em they are ours. I send her healing vibes... Wish I could take all this stuff away for you Arcadian.

sending you a hug.

kate

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love you guys, I really do.

@AGBF my siblings are all still in the midwest though I moved away from there ages ago. We do indeed love each other but well.... me moving I think makes them miss me a little...lol

Still, this is going to be very rough. Her ex husband wasn't my favorite person (to say the least) and frankly I shed no tears when that man passed on. My sister was very generous with him as he got sicker, after all, they did have 2 children together.

She does have an older son who is not of that union. Lot I can say there but well..
She's my sister and I love her. None of us are without our faults. Its a long story, one that if I think about too much burns me up and one I'm way too involved in. I've obviously seen and dealt with too much there.

Her children are from age 34 to 26 and there are several grandchildren (7 between them now)

I feel for my parents especially. She's the first born, the one they love the most. (of course they don't say that but pretty evident) They are so heartsick with this news. Your children aren't supposed to go before you do.

My brothers are...my brothers. No they don't like whats happening but I think they're more accepting of what will eventually happen.

My sister is... trying not to think about it. I get that, I really do. She has to come around in her own time.

I'm thinking that there will not be any miracles here and no Hail Mary passes. I wish there could be.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry Arcadian, what a sad outcome for everyone.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Arcadian. Losing a sibling is so hard - it's like losing a part of your history. My wishes for your sister and family are clear-headedness as vital decisions are made, and the ability to be open, honest, and loving in this time of farewells.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian I am so sorry. Keeping you and your loved ones in my thoughts.
Gentle (((hugs))).

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depression is... a package from Hermes that arrived on Friday that you've only managed to remove the outer plastic bag of.:oops::wall:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh emm gee. I am doing a 24 hour urine test and I have already filled the one jar they gave me halfway. No way am I going to not go over the capacity given I am not even 15% through the time period. OMG.:o

And I cannot get another jar from them as they close before I will be able to get there. I sure do not want to repeat this as it is very unpleasant collecting one's urine all day. I am kicking myself for not realizing the jar was not big enough. I called them and the woman I spoke with was distracted and talking to someone else but when I said would it be OK to collect the excess in a plastic container she said yes and they would transfer it to the proper container the next day. I sure hope she is right.

Under the category of you cannot make this stuff up.:confused2:

As an aside, how much pee is normal? I mean I am already half way through the jar and only up a few hours. That doesn't seem normal and I haven't had much to drink at all yet.::)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh emm gee. I am doing a 24 hour urine test and I have already filled the one jar they gave me halfway. No way am I going to not go over the capacity given I am not even 15% through the time period. OMG.:o

And I cannot get another jar from them as they close before I will be able to get there. I sure do not want to repeat this as it is very unpleasant collecting one's urine all day. I am kicking myself for not realizing the jar was not big enough. I called them and the woman I spoke with was distracted and talking to someone else but when I said would it be OK to collect the excess in a plastic container she said yes and they would transfer it to the proper container the next day. I sure hope she is right.

As an aside, how much pee is normal? I mean I am already half way through the jar and only up a few hours. That doesn't seem normal and I haven't had much to drink at all yet.::)
Please put it in a super soaker.. please please please. I think you’ll get her full attention then!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love you guys, I really do.

@AGBF my siblings are all still in the midwest though I moved away from there ages ago. We do indeed love each other but well.... me moving I think makes them miss me a little...lol

Still, this is going to be very rough. Her ex husband wasn't my favorite person (to say the least) and frankly I shed no tears when that man passed on. My sister was very generous with him as he got sicker, after all, they did have 2 children together.

She does have an older son who is not of that union. Lot I can say there but well..
She's my sister and I love her. None of us are without our faults. Its a long story, one that if I think about too much burns me up and one I'm way too involved in. I've obviously seen and dealt with too much there.

Her children are from age 34 to 26 and there are several grandchildren (7 between them now)

I feel for my parents especially. She's the first born, the one they love the most. (of course they don't say that but pretty evident) They are so heartsick with this news. Your children aren't supposed to go before you do.

My brothers are...my brothers. No they don't like whats happening but I think they're more accepting of what will eventually happen.

My sister is... trying not to think about it. I get that, I really do. She has to come around in her own time.

I'm thinking that there will not be any miracles here and no Hail Mary passes. I wish there could be.
I’m so sorry for you and your family Arcadian.

I wish there were a miracle for all of you. If not, I will wish for peace.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please put it in a super soaker.. please please please. I think you’ll get her full attention then!

Lol. That will for sure guarantee having to repeat the test again. :lol:
::)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You must have great kidneys, missy! I don't think I filled one container after 24 hours! I am so impressed!

Deb
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking of you, Arcadian. Please keep talking to us. We are still here. Believe me.

Hugs,
Deb

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy , I remember having to do one of those collections. I think they gave me a gallon jug, it was gross though. I always felt like I was the only one who had to do stuff like that, but obviously not. Good luck with it though, hope it is a conclusive thing one way or the other.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh

@missy
, I remember having to do one of those collections. I think they gave me a gallon jug, it was gross though. I always felt like I was the only one who had to do stuff like that, but obviously not. Good luck with it though, hope it is a conclusive thing one way or the other.

So true!!! We are all sisters!!!

Big hugs to you, lyra, and to missy!!!
(((lyra and missy)))
Deb

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Deb. I don't need hugs for anything right now. Right now is good for me. Thanks anyway. That test was years ago.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must have great kidneys, missy! I don't think I filled one container after 24 hours! I am so impressed!

Deb
:saint:

Thank you Deb! I don’t know if that is what it means though. I wish. I think I pee too much. But I like the way you think better!

Oh @missy , I remember having to do one of those collections. I think they gave me a gallon jug, it was gross though. I always felt like I was the only one who had to do stuff like that, but obviously not. Good luck with it though, hope it is a conclusive thing one way or the other.

Thank you Lyra. I’m sorry you went through something similar and I’m glad you’re doing better now. I didn’t realize this test would be such a hassle. Capturing all the pee. And I’m waiting for my latest endocrinology results too and have a bad feeling about it. I spoke to his nurse this am and she said they have my results but can’t give them to me as the endocrinologist has to call me. I’m really nervous.

And having you all here with me even though it’s only online helps me.Thank you. Especially today as I’m all alone at the beach house and have no one here. Greg’s at work in NYC.

And Deb I’ll take all and any hugs you’re willing to give me. And (((hugs))) back.
Arcadian more (((hugs))) to you too. I’m here for you and thinking of you and your family.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results