shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian, so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she is able to get comfort care and still make some good memories for her children and grandchildren during the rest of her time here.

@missy, I've had to do the 24 hour urine test a couple of times. They gave me a 1/2 gallon jug which I didn't fill as I definitely wasn't hydrating as much as I should have been at the time. And oh my, I did the test during the weekend but had to carry the jug around NYC on Monday when I turned it in, including a brief stop in the office refrigerator (in a plastic bag with jug unmarked til I turned it in at med facility) before I could go to the lab during lunchtime. No worries as bag was clean but ha ha to any coworker(s) who didn't mind their own business in the refrigerator (looking at you, former office msytery fridge pilferer). I hope your test yields good results, missy.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please put it in a super soaker.. please please please. I think you’ll get her full attention then!

I just snorted tea. Thanks for the clear sinuses.

Missy -- my grandma did the 24 hour collection. I think her container was 1/2 gallon or gallon size. I seem to remember she had a smaller one to collect with and a larger one to pour into.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, definitely not a great way to spend the day, and I know that's an understatement! :???: Sending hugs, waiting to get test results is stressful and I'm hoping you get some good news. Hang in there!

Attachments

• 00446440-4367-41B8-90CD-ED98F231A338.gif
    00446440-4367-41B8-90CD-ED98F231A338.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 22

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @junebug17, @TooPatient and @mary poppins. I'm getting the hang of it.:lol:

So it's a 3,000 ml jug which I believe is about 3/4 of a gallon. Clearly I pee more than that in a 24 hour period.:oops2: My fault as I should have thought hey that might not be enough but I really never thought about how much I pee in a day. I just know I go a lot and hoped it was normal.

When I picked this up last Wednesday at Lab Corp they were very busy and a little scattered as they just handed me the orange jug. No instructions no collection thing- nothing. However realizing that I needed instructions and something to collect it in to pour it easily into the jar (I am a klutz after all lol) I did ask for and received instructions and the collection thingy before I left Lab Corp but didn't realize the collection jug itself would not be sufficient. As long as any clean plastic container is OK I don't mind and the test itself is just an inconvenience. But I hope I don't have to repeat it right away because I didn't have the proper collection jug.

OK enough of that talk today. I am sorry for TMI and thank you kindly for listening and sharing.:halo:

urine.gif

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, funny cartoon. I think you should be fine as long as the non-lab container is clean and stored properly with the urine - room temperature vs. refrigerated, whatever you were instructed to do.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, lol to that cartoon! :lol: Agree with mary poppins, I think you should be fine using a different container.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @junebug17 and @mary poppins.

Woohoo- Finally finished the 24 hour test and will drop it off in a few hours. Ended up needed another container so hopefully they will accept what I used. I have a feeling I will be repeating this test at not too far in the future date. Just a feeling.

Sadly my blood test results from the endocrinologist that came back yesterday showed my blood mercury almost doubled in one week. Not going to bore you all here with the details as this is not the right thread for that. Just scared as mercury poisoning seems very challenging to get rid of. It is stored in the brain and other fatty tissues once it leaves the blood.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, what in the world?!?!?! I'm just wondering how you're getting all this mercury (are you vegan/vegetarian?) a huge source could be in the water (are you filtering your water?) also fish can cause issues.

Latex paint used to contain mercury. (might be worth testing if you have any in your house).

I remember reading some years ago about ALA helping to detox from Mercury poisening
http://www.lifeextension.com/protocols/health-concerns/heavy-metal-detoxification/Page-01

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -- have they tested your DH too? I was reading about this after you posted and it looks like some exposure can be from the air.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, omg, this is perplexing to say the least! Idk, been reading a little and it just seems like in your case fish is the likeliest source, Don't know what else it could be - I'm really hoping you see some results for staying away from the big fish. Found this -

https://www.epa.gov/mercury/how-people-are-exposed-mercury

Sending good thoughts, sorry about all this :(2

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @junebug17 and @mary poppins.

Woohoo- Finally finished the 24 hour test and will drop it off in a few hours. Ended up needed another container so hopefully they will accept what I used. I have a feeling I will be repeating this test at not too far in the future date. Just a feeling.

Sadly my blood test results from the endocrinologist that came back yesterday showed my blood mercury almost doubled in one week. Not going to bore you all here with the details as this is not the right thread for that. Just scared as mercury poisoning seems very challenging to get rid of. It is stored in the brain and other fatty tissues once it leaves the blood.

Big hugs missy. I hope they can get to the bottom of things soon.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I opened it. 4 days later. I'm in love... It's hermazing.

PS introduced me to wonderful people and this one special PSer is one of my favorites, stylewise. First of all, she's never wasteful. She WEARS her stuff (unlike me). She also makes everything look organic on her and effortless. She never looks like she's trying too hard like some people with their "look at me I'm a label whore" - props to them but it's not my style. She helped me with a purse this past summer and helped me examine and negotiate live via texts and pics. I sought her out again to suggest a scarf to rule all scarves, and she spotted this beauty of a unicorn. It's a unicorn bc of the demand for the artist and bc it's from 2 seasons ago. Best of all, it's really ME down to the where's Waldo game of little animals hidden in the scarf. (She explained it's an Hermes thing - spot the wildlife):lol:
IMG_4123.JPG IMG_4126.JPG

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean, gorgeous scarf!! I enlarged the pictures and found some animals. So cute! I hope you enjoy your fabulous find. Now I'm wondering who the mysterious PSer who did such a great job helping you is. Kudos to her!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PS introduced me to wonderful people and this one special PSer is one of my favorites, stylewise. First of all, she's never wasteful. She WEARS her stuff (unlike me). She also makes everything look organic on her and effortless. She never looks like she's trying too hard like some people with their "look at me I'm a label whore" - props to them but it's not my style. She helped me with a purse this past summer and helped me examine and negotiate live via texts and pics. I sought her out again to suggest a scarf to rule all scarves, and she spotted this beauty of a unicorn. It's a unicorn bc of the demand for the artist and bc it's from 2 seasons ago. Best of all, it's really ME down to the where's Waldo game of little animals hidden in the scarf. (She explained it's an Hermes thing - spot the wildlife):lol:

That is stunning! The colors and hidden animals are just perfect.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love, love, LOVE this scarf! Omg, the colors, the pattern, the little animals...so beautiful!!! :love::love::love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -- have they tested your DH too? I was reading about this after you posted and it looks like some exposure can be from the air.

No I suggested it to Greg the other day so when we are next going for any type of blood tests I will ask for my internist to write an order for him too. Hopefully he is OK and it is just me dealing with this.

@missy, what in the world?!?!?! I'm just wondering how you're getting all this mercury (are you vegan/vegetarian?) a huge source could be in the water (are you filtering your water?) also fish can cause issues.

Latex paint used to contain mercury. (might be worth testing if you have any in your house).

I remember reading some years ago about ALA helping to detox from Mercury poisening
http://www.lifeextension.com/protocols/health-concerns/heavy-metal-detoxification/Page-01

Thanks for the link Arcadian. LOL I have to laugh. I was a vegan through much of my twenties and thirties and that was my preference always but had to give it up for health reasons. Now I have to give up fish. There is absolutely nothing left to eat. I cannot eat red meat, chicken, turkey etc. it makes me ill with the thought and beans are sort of verboten for me because of the lectin so what am I left with. Right now I am taking a risk and eating black beans for protein but I fear it will catch up with me as beans are inflammatory for some people me included. But right now I have no other ideas and I doubt a nutritionist will be able to help. So beans it is for now till I can figure it all out.

Thanks @junebug17 , @House Cat, @mary poppins poppins, @Arcadian, @lyra, @AGBF and @TooPatient (and anyone else I might have missed thanking-thank you!) for all your suggestions and good wishes. I am doing OK and just waiting to see what the next results show. I'm a bit worried but taking it all one day at a time. People who don't have health challenges cannot fully appreciate what I am going through but I know you guys do and appreciate the comfort and support.

struggle-quotes.jpg

@PintoBean beautiful.:love: It's Hermeslicious.:appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two nieces graduate college this year. So proud of them!:appl:One graduated last night with honors, will be going to law school. The other graduates tomorrow. Double major. taking a year before grad school. These girls are so smart! It tickles me pink!

that of course means special gifts. So.... I looked in the jewelry box and am having the 2 pairs of diamond studs redone with better baskets and thinner posts. The stones are beautiful.... the settings are attrocious! They're now old enough for some of this stuff (mid/late 20's) and it feels like I've been waiting forever for them to grow up!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, my goodness! This brings back (bad memories) of when my allergies when apeshit (no other way to put it) EVERYTHING caused some sort of a problem. I was thin as a rail. Every day it was a new allergen. and I was a vegetarian out of necessity not because I really wanted to be.

Of the stranger stuff, I had a reaction to vinegar, of all things. I could not use soap, I couldn't use deoderant, I couldn't use even baking powder (that was ugly beyond belief) Thankfully I never had an allergy to water. (or strangely enough, shellfish) But pretty much most foods caused the worst allergic reaction, and then there were the environmental ones....gawd, I was miserable! How I remained upright and not comatose from all the drugs I had to be on was beyond me (benedryl at that time was a prescription and it did NOT work!) My biggest protien sourse was eggs as that was one of the few things that never caused a reaction.

It lasted nearly 6 years....then all of a sudden, like it started, it stopped.
My grandfather was alive at the time and he hunted. Since I couldn't eat the normal stuff, I began to supplement wild game after that hell was over. These days I make sure the food source is clean as I can make it because unfortunately if the environmental allergens go nuts, the food allergies crop up again.

Of course now I realize that it was def. part of the auto immune response I had but at that time, I just didn't know, nobody knew.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's taken me 2 weeks, but I got myself somewhat "together". I got a pedicure with my oldest daughter. My youngest daughter did gel polish on my nails and I got a new haircut today. Bangs! I think I need to work on my fitness level now. I'm actually feeling motivated. How do I work on my butt without using my knees? As in it needs to be bigger, or there at all.:confused2: I lost it somewhere and it's really bothering my self esteem, among many other things, but this one is bringing me down.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's taken me 2 weeks, but I got myself somewhat "together". I got a pedicure with my oldest daughter. My youngest daughter did gel polish on my nails and I got a new haircut today. Bangs! I think I need to work on my fitness level now. I'm actually feeling motivated. How do I work on my butt without using my knees? As in it needs to be bigger, or there at all.:confused2: I lost it somewhere and it's really bothering my self esteem, among many other things, but this one is bringing me down.

Ooh I LOVE bangs. So smart and sassy and retro. :appl:
Hope you get the workout figured out and you get that butt bigger. Haha I have the same problem and cycling and elliptical can only do so much but they are easy on the knees.:sun:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180515_182310.jpg Screenshot_20180515-183426.png NECKLACE_6be882d4-40d5-44c3-8a27-514811ca18bb_large.jpg

How do I know which necklace I really wanted? Debate between three. Agonizing over which I want now and which can wait. Narrow it down to two. Buy one. Leave the store... Then wish I had the first I ruled out. :roll

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180515_182310.jpg Screenshot_20180515-183426.png NECKLACE_6be882d4-40d5-44c3-8a27-514811ca18bb_large.jpg

How do I know which necklace I really wanted? Debate between three. Agonizing over which I want now and which can wait. Narrow it down to two. Buy one. Leave the store... Then wish I had the first I ruled out. :roll

Did you purchase one of these? They're all very pretty.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you purchase one of these? They're all very pretty.

I bought the first one yesterday but have been second guessing that purchase. (It really depends on the light if I like it or not.) It is .26 tcw between the 9 stones clustered on the pendant. In some light, it is super sparkly and fun and in other light it looks like I tried to get something that looked big (I didn't) and failed.

The infinity necklace is very similar to one I looked at and was considering. The one my jeweler has in right now is yellow gold.

The bars are also very similar to one I was considering. It has a diamond bar (delicate like the top one) on bottom then solid gold bar (also delicate and only about as wide as the bottom bar in this picture). He has that in all white gold, all yellow gold, or one bar white with the rest yellow.

I think I am going back this morning to swap them out. About 10 minutes after leaving yesterday, I wished I had purchased the bars. Now I need to decide between white, yellow, or multi...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the first one yesterday but have been second guessing that purchase. (It really depends on the light if I like it or not.) It is .26 tcw between the 9 stones clustered on the pendant. In some light, it is super sparkly and fun and in other light it looks like I tried to get something that looked big (I didn't) and failed.

The infinity necklace is very similar to one I looked at and was considering. The one my jeweler has in right now is yellow gold.

The bars are also very similar to one I was considering. It has a diamond bar (delicate like the top one) on bottom then solid gold bar (also delicate and only about as wide as the bottom bar in this picture). He has that in all white gold, all yellow gold, or one bar white with the rest yellow.

I think I am going back this morning to swap them out. About 10 minutes after leaving yesterday, I wished I had purchased the bars. Now I need to decide between white, yellow, or multi...

I love the first and third choices too.
Which metal do you wear most or prefer most on your skin tone?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the first and third choices too.
Which metal do you wear most or prefer most on your skin tone?

I do mostly white. Some yellow some rose. Yellow looks off on my skin much of the time.
Definitely been tough choosing between them all!

It is their annual inventory clearance so only the pieces on hand are on for 50% off or more. They also do custom pieces so I can have him do whatever I want in different metal or whatever too. I'm just looking for something pretty and simple (and not expensive) to wear around to things like the three day country music festival I have coming up.

ETA: the first picture is on my neck. I am mostly really pale like lower in the picture then turn red like up closer to the neck with minimal sun (or even just heat).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do mostly white. Some yellow some rose. Yellow looks off on my skin much of the time.
Definitely been tough choosing between them all!

It is their annual inventory clearance so only the pieces on hand are on for 50% off or more. They also do custom pieces so I can have him do whatever I want in different metal or whatever too. I'm just looking for something pretty and simple (and not expensive) to wear around to things like the three day country music festival I have coming up.

ETA: the first picture is on my neck. I am mostly really pale like lower in the picture then turn red like up closer to the neck with minimal sun (or even just heat).

I’m the same way. Mainly pale unless I’m warm and then I turn pink. Face, neck, hands, feet. It’s a real joy lol. FWIW I think they all look beautiful on you and I prefer one and three on you. I’d go with white gold given what you wrote. White looks good with pale and pink. :oops2::love:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m the same way. Mainly pale unless I’m warm and then I turn pink. Face, neck, hands, feet. It’s a real joy lol. FWIW I think they all look beautiful on you and I prefer one and three on you. I’d go with white gold given what you wrote. White looks good with pale and pink. :oops2::love:

Thank you! I don't have much other than pale and pink. Even if I "get a bit of color" it is still super pale.

I decided to return #1 as it really depends on the right light to look good and I don't want something else to just sit in a drawer. I got the double bars in white gold. Not quite like the picture, but similar feel (I was bad and didn't take pictures since I was sure of #1 so had to resort to Google images for something close...). So far, I like it. Not fancy. Just a little pretty for days I don't want to bring out the nicer stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results