princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 11:18:19 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved

Date: 4/11/2010 11:05:38 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 4/11/2010 10:59:57 PM

Apparently my parents are fricking reading everything I post on here so now I am going to have to start an entirely new account...AWESOME
20.gif

6.gif
What? Seriously? Did they call you out on it?

Yeah they did.
Smurfy, I think the answer probably isn''t creating a new account (if they figured out who you are on here, I''m sure it won''t take them any longer than it would take us to figure out your new name), I think it''s examining what you''re posting and realizing that they read it and there''s nothing you can do to stop them. So instead of posting the same stuff under a new name, just don''t post the vents about friends/family. Save those for your journal (and I mean an actual paper journal, not a blog - those are on the internet too and things like that are very easy to find, especially if somebody knows you well).

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
HH - just to clarify, I''m certified in equine sports massage therapy. So if your horse needs a massage....

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I really wish our neighbors would pay their dog some attention so the non-stop 24/7 barking could finally end. It''s making life miserable, keeping my daughter from naps and making me want to march over there with some words. I''m so so so happy we''re out of here next week. I love dogs and keeping a dog tied to a rope in the yard all day is LAZY AND NEGLECTFUL!

29.gif

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 11:30:12 AM
Author: PinkAsscher678
I really wish our neighbors would pay their dog some attention so the non-stop 24/7 barking could finally end. It''s making life miserable, keeping my daughter from naps and making me want to march over there with some words. I''m so so so happy we''re out of here next week. I love dogs and keeping a dog tied to a rope in the yard all day is LAZY AND NEGLECTFUL!

29.gif
I feel sorry for that dog! I would say at least half of the people on our street have dogs and I only ever see two people walk their dogs...so sad.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 11:07:03 AM
Author: dragonfly411
HH - just to clarify, I''m certified in equine sports massage therapy. So if your horse needs a massage....

Darn....my back is killing me.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
My animals are driving me insane. I''m not sure why we thought 4 animals would be a good idea.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 12:03:07 PM
Author: princesss
My animals are driving me insane. I''m not sure why we thought 4 animals would be a good idea.

LOL welcome to the hell that is my life.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 11:01:32 AM

Smurfy, I think the answer probably isn''t creating a new account (if they figured out who you are on here, I''m sure it won''t take them any longer than it would take us to figure out your new name), I think it''s examining what you''re posting and realizing that they read it and there''s nothing you can do to stop them. So instead of posting the same stuff under a new name, just don''t post the vents about friends/family. Save those for your journal (and I mean an actual paper journal, not a blog - those are on the internet too and things like that are very easy to find, especially if somebody knows you well).

Ditto.

And at the risk of being rude, I''d add that just because they''re older, and/or your parents, it doesn''t mean they''re stupid.
20.gif

You and your parents are in a process of figuring out new boundaries as you both settle into new roles. It takes some people (parents and kids alike) longer than others -- and I''m speaking as one for whom that process was very long and difficult (which I blame TOTALLY on my somewhat over-controlling parents, natch
2.gif
). I''m sorry that they found your PS persona so you can no longer vent about it here, but truth be told, there are probably more productive ways to deal with those disagreements than venting in a public forum.

That said, I wish you all the best, and I hope you''ll stick around in all your smurfiness!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 11:01:32 AM

Ditto all of this.

And also, you may want to consider not using the same screenname for every website where you are a member.

I used to love cheetos, especially as a side with my sandwich. Now it grosses me out and it makes me so sad! I just grabbed a bag and "donated" the majority of it to my bottomless pit coworker.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I just started a blog to write in instead *shrug*

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
There you go! Just don''t title it "Smurfy''s rant about everything in life" and you''re good to go.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I actually really enjoy tumblr... I can write, or find pictures, or quotes to let me express my thoughts and emotions. Sometimes in a really beautiful way.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
FI''s wedding band shipped today
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

SleepyJean98

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 3:04:02 PM
Author: dragonfly411
I actually really enjoy tumblr... I can write, or find pictures, or quotes to let me express my thoughts and emotions. Sometimes in a really beautiful way.

What is tumblr?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
People today are making my head explode.

On the plus side, BF and I are going chair testing today! I can''t wait. And then we''re giong swimming. It''s going to be a good night. I just have to make it until then...

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Lol I googled it under every possible link to me I could think of and found nothing. Not only did I make an anonymous account but I signed up for it with an anonymous email. I think I have my bases pretty well covered.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Tumblr

It''s like a blog... but you can do photos, video, quotes. You can post your own, or you can reblog posts that others have posted. There''s some really cool stuff on there. Really really pretty. You can also link through if someone has re blogged something, it shows who from, and you can go to that person''s and see if there''s anything there you want on yours. I''ve found some of the most beautiful photos and quotes....

I just added up the amount of money that I''ve spent on "extra/ fun" stuff since august. It''s in the 5 digit range. lol no wonder I have no money for my wedding.....
22.gif
22.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 3:15:21 PM
Lol I googled it under every possible link to me I could think of and found nothing. Not only did I make an anonymous account but I signed up for it with an anonymous email. I think I have my bases pretty well covered.
Smurfy, this is an honest question so please don''t read anything into it, but is there any reason you must put this personal information onto the internet? What about these issues do you need to make public? Airing your dirty laundry in public doesn''t accomplish much except let other people in on the not-so-nice details of your life. Maybe you''ll get one or two people agreeing with you, but what does that really accomplish besides preventing you from trying to see the other person''s position?

No matter how anonymous you think this is, you still run the risk of having somebody stumble upon it and realize who you are and re-living this situation. I really really encourage you to invest in a good journal and a fun pen (you can get them cheap at Walmart - $5 for a journal and $.99 for a pen) and use that. When venting about friends and family, I find low-tech is best/safest.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 3:22:52 PM
Date: 4/12/2010 3:15:21 PM

Smurfy, this is an honest question so please don''t read anything into it, but is there any reason you must put this personal information onto the internet? What about these issues do you need to make public? Airing your dirty laundry in public doesn''t accomplish much except let other people in on the not-so-nice details of your life. Maybe you''ll get one or two people agreeing with you, but what does that really accomplish besides preventing you from trying to see the other person''s position?

No matter how anonymous you think this is, you still run the risk of having somebody stumble upon it and realize who you are and re-living this situation. I really really encourage you to invest in a good journal and a fun pen (you can get them cheap at Walmart - $5 for a journal and $.99 for a pen) and use that. When venting about friends and family, I find low-tech is best/safest.

I kindof agree here. I think it''d help you vent without it necessarily being out there for all to read.

It sucks that Smurfy has people in her life that are SO NOSY. It''s not like these people (parents/ friends) just happened upon her posts.. they looked for them!!! Since you know they look here, personally, I wouldn''t post that information anymore, but I would keep an online blog if needed. IMO, hand written journals are easier to snoop in.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I disagree with the blog vs writing. If you take the right security measures around a blog, it can actually be a little more secure than a journal. Blogs can be password protected; only users that have provided you with an email address can be added to the list of "authorized" readers; you can add in a gadget which will tell you when someone accessed your blog and from where (IP address...although this may work only with comments); etc. I know that when I used to write in a journal it would end up in all kinds of random places. I still can''t find my college journal
32.gif

I do agree that you shouldn''t need the internet to vent or air out all of your dirty laundry but if you take the right precautions, a blog can be a good alternative to a journal.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I swear some people don't have anything better to do than annoy others.

I wonder what its like to have such a sad existence.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beats me Elle.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
ETA: Deleted what I wrote. Just saw fiery's post - that's a really good point. I hadn't thought about password protected blogs. I keep all of my journals and like to reread them, so I know where mine are, but if you're not a journal freak like me, they could get lost pretty easily.

Smurfy, just make sure you log out before the parentals come to visit and it sounds like it could be a really good option!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny if you''re going to net-nanny, you should at least know what you''re talking about.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We have noticed a disturbing trend recently of PSers coming on to this thread to vent about other threads and people involved with them. That is not the intent of this thread and we would appreciate not bringing those events into this thread or else it may need to be closed in the future.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was spam.
Rules were broken.

The thread was removed.
That says it all.

But go ahead and shoot the messenger.
20.gif

Lucky the account was not terminated per the rules.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results