shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had a ticket either.. not yet anyway! :)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 6:30:29 PM
Author: E B
Ladies, I need some support.

My husband, baby and I are new to the city, and I joined a mom''s meetup group in our area to get to know other moms. I went to my first meetup (with 8 moms RSVPing, not including me) this morning, arrived a little early, and no one was there. On the way to the coffee shop, I asked another mom with a stroller if she was a member, and she said no. Note to self, EB, lots of women come to the mall with their babies to shop, not to meet up. Besides...the leader said she''d be holding a pink meetup sign so she''d be easily recognizable.

Henry and I walked around the mall a bit, went back at the time we were supposed to be there, and still, no one. We walked around the store opposite the meetup spot for the next fifteen minutes, and because Henry was getting fussy, I decided to walk by one more time. I saw just one woman with a baby in line, but she was buying coffee, and the place was deserted otherwise. Henry and I went to the mall''s play area to see if the location might have changed, and again, deserted.

When I got home, I sent the leader a nice email about how we hadn''t seen anyone at the agreed-upon location and because baby was getting fussy, we left early, but that I was excited about the next meet-up and I''d see her there.

She sent me a reply that wasn''t meant to go to me, but to one of her friends. In it she said she ''saw me, smiled and waved, and I didn''t bat an eye,'' (NOT true) and called me an idiot for not coming up to ask her if she was a member of the group.

Long story short:
7.gif

I really wanted to find other women with children to hang out with, and now I''m hesitant to join another group. I don''t have time to deal with a bunch of petty, behind-the-back gossip. All I wanted was a group of friends to talk about parenting with.

7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

Wow. Hubs and I just moved as well, and it is HARD to find new friends. I''m so sorry to hear about your experience. I totally agree with Elle. How rude of that woman!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Smurf- I''m sorry for your loss of a high school friend. How selfless of that man to save a little boy. My thoughts are with his family.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it sad that I think I''m fricken hysterical and often find myself laughing at my own jokes? I could never do stand up-I''d just keep laughing.

princesss

Ideal_Rock

My husband, baby and I are new to the city, and I joined a mom''s meetup group in our area to get to know other moms. I went to my first meetup (with 8 moms RSVPing, not including me) this morning, arrived a little early, and no one was there. On the way to the coffee shop, I asked another mom with a stroller if she was a member, and she said no. Note to self, EB, lots of women come to the mall with their babies to shop, not to meet up. Besides...the leader said she''d be holding a pink meetup sign so she''d be easily recognizable.

Henry and I walked around the mall a bit, went back at the time we were supposed to be there, and still, no one. We walked around the store opposite the meetup spot for the next fifteen minutes, and because Henry was getting fussy, I decided to walk by one more time. I saw just one woman with a baby in line, but she was buying coffee, and the place was deserted otherwise. Henry and I went to the mall''s play area to see if the location might have changed, and again, deserted.

When I got home, I sent the leader a nice email about how we hadn''t seen anyone at the agreed-upon location and because baby was getting fussy, we left early, but that I was excited about the next meet-up and I''d see her there.

She sent me a reply that wasn''t meant to go to me, but to one of her friends. In it she said she ''saw me, smiled and waved, and I didn''t bat an eye,'' (NOT true) and called me an idiot for not coming up to ask her if she was a member of the group.

Long story short:
7.gif

I really wanted to find other women with children to hang out with, and now I''m hesitant to join another group. I don''t have time to deal with a bunch of petty, behind-the-back gossip. All I wanted was a group of friends to talk about parenting with.

7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

Jeez, could that lady be any more rude? That''s absolutely uncalled for. You don''t need awful women like that in your life. There are great moms out there to be friends with, unfortunately it just takes time.

*hug*

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to share this picture of my cat Charlie eying up my engagement ring during a little bathroom photo shoot. He loves sinks! And small objects.

charliethiefctek.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 10:35:29 PM
Author: Clairitek
I just wanted to share this picture of my cat Charlie eying up my engagement ring during a little bathroom photo shoot. He loves sinks! And small objects.

Haha that is all kinds of awesome!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Cute picture, C-tek!

So, M and I bought new chairs tonight. I absolutely adore them, but I''ll admit that my heart dropped into my stomach when I had to write the check. It was a lot of money to spend at once.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Long story short:
7.gif

7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

I can''t believe the nerve of this woman. Wow! She should have made more of an effort to get your attention. I''m sorry that she was so rude to you after the fact too. I hope you have better luck if you try again.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks OU and Princesss! He just looks so sinister.

E B

Ideal_Rock
packrat, Maevie, BeachRunner, princess and Claritek,

slider_grouphugg.gif

Thank you so much. You made me feel a lot better.

I found another meetup group that meets this Friday, so I''m going to give it another go. It can''t go any worse than it did today, right? Unless they throw something at me.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Ctek, I LOVE the pic of Charlie. I don''t think he could be staring more intently at your ring if you swapped in a Nip Mouse, lol.

And Smurfy, I''m very sorry for your loss. Dust and prayers headed out that way tonight.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Some of you may hear about my friend on the news tonight. I live in Denver and it''s even being reported here. He is from Moorhead, MN (as am I and dh)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EB -- Unbelievable! I''m sure you''ll find some friends worthy of your friendship soon!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smurfy -- I''m so sorry about your friend''s passing.

EB -- I can''t believe that happened! I hope you have a much better time at your meet up on Friday.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Long story short:
7.gif

7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
EB I''m so sorry that happened to you
7.gif
. I hope the next meetup goes well!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, EB! It never ceases to amaze me how immaturely adults can act. I really hope you're next meetup goes well. I'm embarassed for those people!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EB, I think you should totally consider what happened a blessing in disguise. As much as it sucked to experience, you were given an unusually candid glimpse into what sort of people that particular group is comprised of. May I suggest starting your own meetup mom''s group? Then you have a little more control over meeting locations, etc. Also, are you using meetup.com exclusively or have you posted anything on craigslist? You might try some different boards. What about mommy and me classes in your area?

My best friend moved to the east coast from the midwest when she was 8 months pregnant with their first after her husband completed grad school and landed a job there. I cannot tell you how many 2, 3, and 4 hour phone conversations we had while she was trying so hard to make friends after she had her daughter. It''s rough. She finally found a really wonderful mom''s group through a neighbor and they helped each other through so many things. I flew out to see her several times and met quite a few of them and they were really fab ladies. She moved back to the midwest about 1.5 years ago and several of those ladies still fly out here to visit her, that''s how close they became. You will find the right group soon enough--you''re a good person and deserve lots of friends to support and to be supported by.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I want a big cookie, not in the deserving sense, in the I am straight up drooling on myself way. Let me tell you how much I am thinking about this.

3.gif

Slightly larger than, say, a toddlers head. Chocolate Chip, the nestle variety. Then, we are going to make sure that the edges are slightly crispy but almost just chewy crispy, feel me? Then, this is where it gets good, it is just out of the oven and is gooey in the center with the melted chocolate. I have chocolate *imaginary* on my fingers and face right now.

31.gif
18.gif

Can you say hardcore craving? OMG, that is slightly ridiculous. Please don''t judge me, outloud.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 10:22:39 AM
Author: Strawdermangrl

I want a big cookie, not in the deserving sense, in the I am straight up drooling on myself way. Let me tell you how much I am thinking about this.

3.gif

Slightly larger than, say, a toddlers head. Chocolate Chip, the nestle variety. Then, we are going to make sure that the edges are slightly crispy but almost just chewy crispy, feel me? Then, this is where it gets good, it is just out of the oven and is gooey in the center with the melted chocolate. I have chocolate *imaginary* on my fingers and face right now.

31.gif
18.gif

Can you say hardcore craving? OMG, that is slightly ridiculous. Please don''t judge me, outloud.

Um..that sounds....AMAZING!!! Damn it! Now I''m craving chocolate chip cookies AND fried pickles!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Is it just me or does cold medicine upset your stomach even when you take it with food? SO unfair, I want to feel better, not worse!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2010 10:32:40 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

3.gif

31.gif
18.gif

Um..that sounds....AMAZING!!! Damn it! Now I''m craving chocolate chip cookies AND fried pickles!
Welllllll...since I know the BEST place in the South for Fried Pickles, you can shoulder the cookie burden and we will meet somewhere in the middle...say GA?
2.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
EB, that''s so ridiculous! I can''t believe some people are so rude. We moved to a new state a few years ago and I''ve met lots of my mom friends at the park and at storytime at the local library. Hope your next meetup goes well!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 10:40:31 AM

3.gif

31.gif
18.gif

Welllllll...since I know the BEST place in the South for Fried Pickles, you can shoulder the cookie burden and we will meet somewhere in the middle...say GA?
2.gif

Wait, where are you???? GA is in the middle?

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2010 10:57:00 AM

3.gif

31.gif
18.gif

2.gif

I was thinking so...Houston, Atlanta. Wait, where are you? LOL.
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 11:26:33 AM
Date: 4/13/2010 10:57:00 AM

3.gif

31.gif
18.gif

2.gif

I was thinking so...Houston, Atlanta. Wait, where are you? LOL.
9.gif

BOSTON!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Tennessee is awful pretty

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I do not appreciate being SLAPPED in the FACE at 3 AM. Yes, he did that too me.

Bad, kitty! I had to hide under the covers, yet he kept batting at me. . .at least now I know he''s beginning to feel better.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2010 11:44:25 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Tennessee is awful pretty
HH- I think we have someone that needs a cookie...too. :)

I had dinner with 2 guys from Boston last night(Family Company Clients), they were wicked cute. :) <--- See what I did?
36.gif
THAT definitely deserves a cookie...even if it means coming to Boston.
2.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2010 11:47:35 AM
Author: MC
Okay, I do not appreciate being SLAPPED in the FACE at 3 AM. Yes, he did that too me.

Bad, kitty! I had to hide under the covers, yet he kept batting at me. . .at least now I know he''s beginning to feel better.
MC- He just wanted to make sure you were paying attention.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results