shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are so sweet CC! We are enjoying our time; unfortunately we are coming home to very sad news and circumstances. My BIL died suddenly and unexpectedly while we are here. He was fairly young. Of course my DH is bereft. ;(;(:((

I’m so sorry @canuk-gal..:(2

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so sweet CC! We are enjoying our time; unfortunately we are coming home to very sad news and circumstances. My BIL died suddenly and unexpectedly while we are here. He was fairly young. Of course my DH is bereft. ;(;(:((

I'm so sorry @canuk-gal, my heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock

So very sorry to hear that. Must be hard being far away. Will be keeping both of you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you for the kind comments and support. It has been difficult to say the least--and my DH is very stressed and not thinking clearly. (he thought he lost his wallet today--and it was on the dresser...)

kind regards--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal, Please know we are here for support when you need it. Thinking of you in the days ahead. Hugs, Callie

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry to hear that, canuk-gal. Losing a sinling at a young age is hard - in many ways I think it’s harder than losing a parent. My condolences to you and your hubby.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:( I’m so sorry @canuk-gal, how awful for you all.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Dispatches from Hobbiton!
Which way?!
Placement, higher or lower?
Or, over the windows, even?
There will be a 7 or 8 foot long butcher block( it will be 36'' high so two inches higher than the little butcher block in the pic) under the windows so the lights will be on both ends.
20230426_181606.jpg 20230426_181616.jpg

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Which way?!
There will be a 7 or 8 foot long butcher block( it will be 36'' high so two inches higher than the little butcher block in the pic) under the windows so the lights will be on both ends.

I like the look of the higher position, personally.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which way?!

I’m wondering about functionality. Do you have any overhead lighting in the room? Will you want this to be a task light for kitchen activities on the butcher block?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I’m wondering about functionality. Do you have any overhead lighting in the room? Will you want this to be a task light for kitchen activities on the butcher block?

Yes, I actually have a three arm school light over the island, hood lighting and undercabinet task lighting and pantry lighting squared. This is only ambient task light for the butcher counter.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I actually have a three arm school light over the island, hood lighting and undercabinet task lighting and pantry lighting squared. This is only ambient task light for the butcher counter.

That’s great. I also like the look of the higher placement.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
More light drama! Is the island light too low? 20230430_170234.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou
All our kitchen lighting is recessed lighting in a 10-foot ceiling so our lights are way up there!

I hope it still provides enough light at the higher level. I think it will help "open" the room a bit more too by not blocking
sight lines to the window...but that's all secondary to the need to be able to see what you're doing!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds, They are showing clips on our news of Michelle Obama being on stage with Bruce as he is performing. It was really fun to watch. As you can guess she looked like she was having a wonderful time. On second thought you probably know all about this.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just had to comment that your ceiling looks beautiful!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I just had to comment that your ceiling looks beautiful!
Agree! It’s really special.
Thank you! It's starting to come together. I'm kind of obsessed with papering ceilings now, it's the perfect way to introduce pattern that doesn't overwhelm.

20230430_180641.jpg 20230430_165949.jpg

@tyty333 Now that's it's raised it makes sense and it's no longer dark in there! Yay!
Hood and counter are supposed to be here this week so I can finally get all the stuff out of there soon.:lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am very sad to learn that the iconic Canadian artist Gordon Lightfoot has died. His music was my kind of music. RIP Sir.

kind regards--Sharon

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am very sad to learn that the iconic Canadian artist Gordon Lightfoot has died. His music was my kind of music. RIP Sir.

kind regards--Sharon

I'm very sad about this. His music always swept me away.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results