shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FI bought me something from Victoria''s Secret last December.

I bought my friend something from VS last December.

FI still gets promo magazines and emails. I got the magazine that came with the package and that''s it.

Interesting.
31.gif
27.gif
20.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 6:13:28 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I think I''m addicted to this thread.

All of the random thoughts and individual conversations amongst many remind me of my mom''s house during family gatherings.

1.gif

HA! SS, in my circle of friends and in my family, I have quite the reputation for my random comments and stories.

1) Apple butter sounds soooo good... *drool*

2) I''m coming back as royalty in my next life

3) Am I the only one... or does it not seem like xmas is in 10 days?? It feels like november or something.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 3:26:08 PM
Author: packrat
My brother is bringing his girlfriend home Friday to meet us. I keep referring to her by the name of his last girlfriend. Please don''t let me do that when I meet her or at any point during her visit.
When I met my DH''s extended family for the first time, his dad introduced me to the family by DH''s ex-GF''s name! His dad was horrified and had been worried he''d do just that all day. He probably over thought it!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 6:25:22 PM
Author: yssie
FI bought me something from Victoria''s Secret last December.

I bought my friend something from VS last December.

FI still gets promo magazines and emails. I got the magazine that came with the package and that''s it.

Interesting.
31.gif
27.gif
20.gif
I bought a couple swimsuits from them last summer (okay, really more like six, four of which I decided I didn''t like and returned) and have been getting 3-4 catalogs a week. DH goes thru them and if something strikes him, he leaves it open to that page on my laptop. That''s his way of telling me to order whatever it is he''s decided he likes. I wish he''d do the same with sparkly things.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I went to the chiropractor this evening so I could get a doctor''s note that says my work laptop is too heavy. With this magical little note, they''ll write off my current brick and get me a tablet that weighs 1/3 as much. I am stoked!!!

Date: 12/15/2009 6:53:04 PM
Author: April20
Oh, and I went to the chiropractor this evening so I could get a doctor''s note that says my work laptop is too heavy. With this magical little note, they''ll write off my current brick and get me a tablet that weighs 1/3 as much. I am stoked!!!

sweet!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This girlfriend has a sense of humor and is super laid back, like my brother-so while I think HE''d be ticked, I don''t think she''d be. Sounds like she''s the ONE too, so I''m super excited!

For the jury duty, I just have to call every Monday to see if I have to report on Tuesday, so keep your fingers crossed I don''t have to!

This talk of apple butter is making me drool.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
We kicked both cats (instead of just the rambunctious teen) out of the bedroom last night. In protest, the older cat has figured out that the springy thing that keeps the hallway door from hitting the wall (does that have a name, anyway?) makes a REALLY LOUD SPROOOOOOIIIIIINNGGGG-G-G-G-G!!! noise when she hits it just right, waking us out of a dead sleep at 2AM. The kitten just shoves both paws under the door, grabs it, and pulls repeatedly, thumping it into the doorframe. Remind me again why I have cats?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Zoe!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 7:05:05 PM
Author: packrat
This girlfriend has a sense of humor and is super laid back, like my brother-so while I think HE''d be ticked, I don''t think she''d be. Sounds like she''s the ONE too, so I''m super excited!

For the jury duty, I just have to call every Monday to see if I have to report on Tuesday, so keep your fingers crossed I don''t have to!

This talk of apple butter is making me drool.
I have a friend that says when you go to jury duty, you have to pick a direction and stick with it when you do the questionnaire. If you waffle in how you answer questions, then you come across as being able to be swayed and you''re more likely to be chosen. If you''re strongly one way or the other, one side will nix you!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 7:17:34 PM
Author: Selkie
We kicked both cats (instead of just the rambunctious teen) out of the bedroom last night. In protest, the older cat has figured out that the springy thing that keeps the hallway door from hitting the wall (does that have a name, anyway?) makes a REALLY LOUD SPROOOOOOIIIIIINNGGGG-G-G-G-G!!! noise when she hits it just right, waking us out of a dead sleep at 2AM. The kitten just shoves both paws under the door, grabs it, and pulls repeatedly, thumping it into the doorframe. Remind me again why I have cats?
I think they''re just called door stoppers.

I had to kick my cat into the bathroom once for a night and she howled the entire night. It was MISERABLE. I don''t have kitties anymore and my little dog is much more ''whatever''.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t it funny when you see the guy you pined over in middle school on FB and he now has no hair and a beer belly
9.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 7:23:04 PM

Date: 12/15/2009 7:17:34 PM
Author: Selkie
I think they''re just called door stoppers.

I had to kick my cat into the bathroom once for a night and she howled the entire night. It was MISERABLE. I don''t have kitties anymore and my little dog is much more ''whatever''.
I have never let mine in my room at bedtime. Well we let Pete in when he was so little that we thought we would lose him if he was not in bed with us. Other than that they have never had the luxury of being in our bed and do not even try to get in. Sometimes Pete will be in the window sill when we go to bed and we do not notice him and in the middle of the night he will do that nail pick thing on the side of the mattress and it wakes me up and go open the door to let him out. Sometimes he thinks that it is funny to stay very still so that I don''t know where he is and have to feel around in the dark to boot him out. He is such a brat.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 10:15:58 AM
Author: fiery
I stepped in a huge puddle of water this morning.

So did I!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really need to be doing something more productive (in my own life) than tooling around on PS.
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe, so glad you like your new job!
36.gif
We should celebrate when Princesss gets back.

Packrat, I was picked for a jury about 4 years ago when I served. I think it is pretty hard to get out of. The judge didn''t dismiss the 8 month preggo. It was BORING but only two days of my life. Good luck!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I'm STARVING! I want oven fried chicken, but I don't feel like making it! (nor do we have any chicken) And FI forgot to defrost the meat for turkey burgers like I asked him yesterday
7.gif
Whoooooa is me!

Also, we just signed the lease on our first place together!
3.gif
I'm so excited! HA, we're now legally bound to each other! It's practically like getting married!
32.gif

Too bad he is sleeping and not packing...
14.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 8:39:59 PM
Author: trillionaire
I''m STARVING! I want oven fried chicken, but I don''t feel like making it! (nor do we have any chicken) And FI forgot to defrost the meat for turkey burgers like I asked him yesterday
7.gif
Wooo is me!

3.gif
I''m so excited! HA, we''re now legally bound to each other! It''s practically like getting married!
32.gif

14.gif
Oven fried chicken sounds wonderful? How do you make yours?

We made nachos tight- leftover chicken, some shredded cheese, bbq sauce and some cilantro. 90 seconds in the microwave and DONE! I also had DH''s verson of a daquiri, which is really a martini made with rum.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I ordered my xmas cards yesterday!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh! Oh! They are hiring a 3rd person into the same position I do at work to take the pressure off of us. I recommended a friend I''ve worked with TWICE in the past and they loved him. They''re making him an offer! If he doesn''t accept, they''re starting the entire recruiting process over because no one else measured up. I called him today to guilt trip him just a little. I hope he takes the job!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 8:45:35 PM

I''m STARVING! I want oven fried chicken, but I don''t feel like making it! (nor do we have any chicken) And FI forgot to defrost the meat for turkey burgers like I asked him yesterday
7.gif
Wooo is me!

3.gif
I''m so excited! HA, we''re now legally bound to each other! It''s practically like getting married!
32.gif

14.gif

We made nachos tight- leftover chicken, some shredded cheese, bbq sauce and some cilantro. 90 seconds in the microwave and DONE! I also had DH''s verson of a daquiri, which is really a martini made with rum.
super easy, just toss it in a bag of flour, then season it with garlic, onion powder and something salty (cajun seasoning, seasoned salt, garlic salt, or my preference, Old Bay!
18.gif
) Baked for about an hour at 375, more for larger pieces of chicken, but I love the party snack wings!!!
19.gif
I could eat a few pounds of them! I am sooooo making them tomorrow and pigging out all day!
11.gif

Darn it, now I''m drooling!
6.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My college kids come home over the next 2 days. Here is hoping for no lake effect snow around Indiana or Michigan.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 7:38:41 PM
Author: steph72276
Isn''t it funny when you see the guy you pined over in middle school on FB and he now has no hair and a beer belly
9.gif

Oh my gosh.. I had the worst taste back in middle/high school!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 8:57:00 PM

Date: 12/15/2009 8:45:35 PM

7.gif
Wooo is me!

3.gif
32.gif

14.gif

super easy, just toss it in a bag of flour, then season it with garlic, onion powder and something salty (cajun seasoning, seasoned salt, garlic salt, or my preference, Old Bay!
18.gif
) Baked for about an hour at 375, more for larger pieces of chicken, but I love the party snack wings!!!
19.gif
I could eat a few pounds of them! I am sooooo making them tomorrow and pigging out all day!
11.gif

Darn it, now I''m drooling!
6.gif
I''m going to try it! It sounds great.

Have you ever microwaved a chicken? I just got the deep dish baker from Pampered Chef, which you can microwave things in. My mom said you can nuke a chicken in 30-40 mins. I tried it this past w/e. I used my chipotle rub on the skin (3 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and 1.5 tsp chipotle chili powder) and then nuked it uncovered for 35 mins (until 160 degrees). It came out beautifully and the skin actually crisped a little. I''ve never made a good baked chicken but I feel like I can rock them now!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lurve my new gingerbread sock monkey flannel PJs and I don''t care if they are cheesy -- I can''t wait to wear them!
http://www.target.com/PJ-Sets-One-Pieces-Sleepwear/b/ref=sc_iw_r_2_0/192-6374684-4425069?node=2235824011

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m going to a Christmas music concert tonight! YAY!

The trick will be to forget, for an hour or two, all the stuff I''m supposed to be doing to get ready for holidays and holiday parties...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results