carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1485555523|4120850 said:
In the spirit of random comments I would like to say that I just got the best haircut of my life!

That's wonderful! :appl:

There's nothing better than a great haircut!

Now I don't want to start a heated debate or World War III but, personally, I'd trade chocolate and wine for a great haircut. :shifty:

Fortunately, I don't need to choose! Got the haircut on Tuesday and think I'll now pour myself a glass of wine. Life is good! :))

Ohhh! Just saw your photo! You're a cutie! The short hair looks great on you! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1485567700|4120913 said:
canuk-gal|1485566445|4120908 said:
VRBeauty|1485556612|4120868 said:
rainwood|1485555909|4120855 said:
In the spirit of random comments I would like to say that I just got the best haircut of my life!

How wonderful!! A great haircut makes a big difference and the best haircut of your life is a game changer!!!!

It does indeed! A big, huge THUMBS UP! :bigsmile:

No small thing. :appl:

FWIW, I just returned to my "barber" and got superb lites and a trim. For 1/3 of what I usually pay and in half the time. :appl: I almost wish I had a beard so I could have one of those hot shaves! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

:naughty:

:devil:

;))

badaboom! :devil: :cheeky: Pussy jokes, galore? Bring them on!! :naughty:

cheers--Sharon

(You know I luvs ya but there was no way the mind of this flaming tart could pass this by and not comment!)

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FWIW, I just returned to my "barber" and got superb lites and a trim. For 1/3 of what I usually pay and in half the time. :appl: I almost wish I had a beard so I could have one of those hot shaves! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Well, maybe you could? Does he do legs? :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainwood|1485569892|4120930 said:

cheers--Sharon

Well, maybe you could? Does he do legs? :D

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I must ask. The men looked so pampered, I WAS JEALOUS!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1485569294|4120927 said:

Now I don't want to start a heated debate or World War III but, personally, I'd trade chocolate and wine for a great haircut. :shifty:

Fortunately, I don't need to choose! Got the haircut on Tuesday and think I'll now pour myself a glass of wine. Life is good! :))

Ohhh! Just saw your photo! You're a cutie! The short hair looks great on you! :appl:

Aww, December, you are FAR too kind! As you can see in the pic, poor Jon had to crouch down because I'm so short, LOL.

As for the good haircut vs. chocolate and wine... I saw there's no reason we shouldn't have ALL of that!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1485570504|4120936 said:
december-fire|1485569294|4120927 said:

Aww, December, you are FAR too kind! As you can see in the pic, poor Jon had to crouch down because I'm so short, LOL.

As for the good haircut vs. chocolate and wine... I saw there's no reason we shouldn't have ALL of that!

awww your hair is so awesome, and you look great!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, You look adorable in the picture you posted. Glad you found a great hairdresser!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay said:
Yanno, I have to say one of the great things I love about the people in this community is that I can have a conversation about politics, ask questions about shag rugs (get your mind of the gutters girls!), post pictures of my 911, lament on the "empty corners" of The Brick (who's been here long enough to remember THAT trauma/drama?!), randomly express joy over a great haircut, and everything in between, and you all are there for me.

GROUP HUG!!!

True dat Dee. And yay for a great haircut too. :appl: My experiences with a barber not as good as yours but I was 11 or so when my mom had all my long hair chopped off ( ;( ) by the neighborhood barber and I looked like a little boy for a few years there so not so great memories for me. But woohoo for you and I'm with lovedogs. I love short hair. Sassy, spunky and sizzling smart and sexy and yes bad assery too. :bigsmile: :appl: Love the photo from the LV GTG. You and your hair look beautiful!

Sharon, yes ask your barber(he does hair color too? Wow, he's a keeper!) if he will shave your legs. I rather like that idea. Why should the men get all the pampering in his shop. :kiss:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1485607099|4120991 said:
Dee*Jay said:
Yanno, I have to say one of the great things I love about the people in this community is that I can have a conversation about politics, ask questions about shag rugs (get your mind of the gutters girls!), post pictures of my 911, lament on the "empty corners" of The Brick (who's been here long enough to remember THAT trauma/drama?!), randomly express joy over a great haircut, and everything in between, and you all are there for me.

GROUP HUG!!!

True dat Dee. And yay for a great haircut too. :appl: My experiences with a barber not as good as yours but I was 11 or so when my mom had all my long hair chopped off ( ;( ) by the neighborhood barber and I looked like a little boy for a few years there so not so great memories for me. But woohoo for you and I'm with lovedogs. I love short hair. Sassy, spunky and sizzling smart and sexy and yes bad assery too. :bigsmile: :appl: Love the photo from the LV GTG. You and your hair look beautiful!

Sharon, yes ask your barber(he does hair color too? Wow, he's a keeper!) if he will shave your legs. I rather like that idea. Why should the men get all the pampering in his shop. :kiss:

Missy--he is salon trained and does all the technical work/coloring, etc, for men and women since all the other men employed there are "barbers". Barber services made a huge comeback about 10 years ago (here). Men were clamoring for straight ravor shaves and their place is always packed and can see why as witness the time and effort provided in the haircuts for the men.

FWIW, I was devoted to my former stylist--then she moved out of country. I returned to old places I used to visit--but time spent travelling, for $$$ for parking, and unrealistic salon cancellation policies forced me to look elsewhere. I am glad I did! My hair is short like DeeJays and (I think) looks great!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, yes your short sassy smart hairstyle does look terrific!
I have had trouble finding someone here who I trust to cut my hair short so I continue to go to my guy who just trims my hair twice a year. But oh would I love to find someone who really could get my multiple personality disorder hair. :lol:

Wish I could find one of the boy cuts I suffered when I was a pre adolescent as it was pretty bad. Amazing I got through that period with my confidence intact. ::)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke up screaming in the middle of the night. Or maybe I was just shouting - apparently no one called the police, so I guess whatever noise I was making wasn't too terribly loud or blood-curdling. :rodent:

I've been having some trouble sleeping lately so last night I thought I'd have a cup of my old sleep-aid standby: Celestial Seasoning's "Sleepytime" tea before going to bed. Sleepytime "Extra," actually - the "extra" being valerian, "long trusted as a natural sleep aid." I had picked it up some time ago and I don't recall even noticing or choosing the "extra." Anyhow, since I was also dealing with the beginnings of a sore throat I doctored the tea up with lemon and ginger and honey, and it was so good that I had a second cup. Yum! At some time I was still not sleeping so I found a guided sleep meditation on youtube and listened to it pretty much all the way through, pretty much a first for me.

Who knew that valerian "can cause some side effects such as headache, excitability, uneasiness, and even insomnia in some people"? (WebMD, apparently.) Or that some users experience night terrors? Or maybe it was the guided meditation?

Anyhow I survived the nightmare. I think I'll pass what's left of the *extra* tea on to my nephew who's into lucid dreaming. With appropriate caveats, of course. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1485626150|4121090 said:
I woke up screaming in the middle of the night. Or maybe I was just shouting - apparently no one called the police, so I guess whatever noise I was making wasn't too terribly loud or blood-curdling. :rodent:

I've been having some trouble sleeping lately so last night I thought I'd have a cup of my old sleep-aid standby: Celestial Seasoning's "Sleepytime" tea before going to bed. Sleepytime "Extra," actually - the "extra" being valerian, "long trusted as a natural sleep aid." I had picked it up some time ago and I don't recall even noticing or choosing the "extra." Anyhow, since I was also dealing with the beginnings of a sore throat I doctored the tea up with lemon and ginger and honey, and it was so good that I had a second cup. Yum! At some time I was still not sleeping so I found a guided sleep meditation on youtube and listened to it pretty much all the way through, pretty much a first for me.

Who knew that valerian "can cause some side effects such as headache, excitability, uneasiness, and even insomnia in some people"? (WebMD, apparently.) Or that some users experience night terrors? Or maybe it was the guided meditation?

Anyhow I survived the nightmare. I think I'll pass what's left of the *extra* tea on to my nephew who's into lucid dreaming. With appropriate caveats, of course. :))

Sorry you experienced that and I empathize. Sleep can be elusive for me too and I have some bad dreams as well. OMG last night's was a doozy and I was mad at my dh and he said (when I was discussing the dream with him) he cannot be prosecuted for his dream crime. :lol: Still was mad at him though. :cheeky: And yeah gotta be careful with so called "natural" remedies as they are still drugs. Valerian root, Melatonin, St John's Wort etc.

As an aside cherries and bananas help boost your melatonin. They are metabolized into serotonin and finally melatonin so that is a natural safer way to get melatonin than the supplements which may or may not be tainted. There is no regulation of these supplements and they have been shown to have problems with accuracy and consistency so I would stay away from those supplements unless you can find one you are sure about.

What helps me.

I take 400 mg Magnesium every day. Doctor's Best Magnesium for best absorption rate and they are a good brand.
Exercise every day in the morning.
Keep bedroom cool.
I find lavender relaxing and spray the La Vanila Lavendar before bed and keep lavender sachets in the bedroom.
Keep bedroom dark or wear a sleep mask.
White noise if necessary to drown out the outside noise.
And lastly meditation to quiet the mind.

Wishing you sweet and easy dreams!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - Thank you for the empathy, and for some great suggestions. I have been taking cal-mag supplements in the evening, which is supposed to help with sleep. I'll have to give the bananas and cherries a try - yum! And of course I do know that exercise would help... I'm going to have to try harder to incorporate exercise into my day!

I think it's also time for me to acknowledge that my electronic media habits are contributing to sleep issues and to get serious about changing them!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
View from the high roller in LV. I'm affaid of heights.

_38985.jpg

_38986.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1486104359|4123642 said:

You took that picture?!???! :o :-o

Looks like you must be conquering that fear of heights!

Unless of course there's something you're not telling us... :wink2:

What was the occasion?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1486105488|4123646 said:
Dancing Fire|1486104359|4123642 said:

You took that picture?!???! :o :-o

Looks like you must be conquering that fear of heights!

Unless of course there's something you're not telling us... :wink2:

What was the occasion?
Yes I took them pics. Came to Vegas for a Chinese New Year dinner.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say I cannot take it anymore. I have to stay away from the political threads for my own sanity. The lack of humanity and the lack of compassion I am seeing in some of my fellow PSers is too much to bear. What truly terrifies me is not the few PSers who feel this way but perhaps a great number of people in the USA and perhaps all over the world feel like this. Reason has gone out the window and insanity has taken its place. ;( ;( ;(

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1486135232|4123707 said:
I just wanna say I cannot take it anymore. I have to stay away from the political threads for my own sanity. The lack of humanity and the lack of compassion I am seeing in some of my fellow PSers is too much to bear. What truly terrifies me is not the few PSers who feel this way but perhaps a great number of people in the USA and perhaps all over the world feel like this. Reason has gone out the window and insanity has taken its place. ;( ;( ;(

Try living in a state where the vast majority feel that way Missy. I've stayed out lately, because it's not like I have anywhere to get away from it. Ever. Exposing myself online to what I can find over 80% of the time when I walk out my front door, seems masochistic after a while. The amount of self-centered fear, unkindness, arrogance, and unseemly gloating by people I thought were genuine friends, has been exceedingly depressing.

And unfortunately, no, moving, at least in the near-term, is not really an option, for a lot of reasons.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I hear you Missy! I mostly hang out on the Colored Gems forum but I go back and forth between a few others. When I first joined PS I noticed a lot of camaraderie, but not anymore. I used to enjoy Hangout because it would give me insight into the personalities and lives of the people wearing the bling. You expressed my exact thoughts perfectly Missy about how I've been feeling lately. You've always been kind, considerate and very articulate. I've always enjoyed reading your posts the most. But for my sanity, I think I need to back away from PS completely for a while anyway.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles4me|1486147268|4123767 said:

I hear you Missy! I mostly hang out on the Colored Gems forum but I go back and forth between a few others. When I first joined PS I noticed a lot of camaraderie, but not anymore. I used to enjoy Hangout because it would give me insight into the personalities and lives of the people wearing the bling. You expressed my exact thoughts perfectly Missy about how I've been feeling lately. You've always been kind, considerate and very articulate. I've always enjoyed reading your posts the most. But for my sanity, I think I need to back away from PS completely for a while anyway.

Hey Poodles! I hope you stay and hang out in the fun areas like Colored Gems, Show Me The Bling and don't let the political poopy talk chase you away from the rest of the forum. But I respect your need for a break if that is what you decide is best for you. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1486136399|4123717 said:

Try living in a state where the vast majority feel that way Missy. I've stayed out lately, because it's not like I have anywhere to get away from it. Ever. Exposing myself online to what I can find over 80% of the time when I walk out my front door, seems masochistic after a while. The amount of self-centered fear, unkindness, arrogance, and unseemly gloating by people I thought were genuine friends, has been exceedingly depressing.

And unfortunately, no, moving, at least in the near-term, is not really an option, for a lot of reasons.

That sucks Karen and I am sorry. The worst part is finding out some of the people you cared about aren't who you thought they are. I guess the silver lining in this is finding out who people really are because I would always rather know than not know. Hugs to you.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went out this afternoon and bought another 40 lb bag of bird seed for the bird feeders in my backyard. :rolleyes:

And another suet holder that holds 4 packages of suet.

Since putting out bird feeders and bird baths last summer, I've been shocked at the increasing number and variety of birds that are flocking to my backyard.

They have a very impressive communication system! Must be on FaceBook or something. ;))

I love it. :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry you are under so much stress that you screamed in the night, VRBeauty. I believe I have shared on Pricecsope that I do that. I also make speeches that others can understand. My stress level is absolutely sky high. Forget supplements. Bring on the Thorazine!
Once when I shared about this in a group of people a man I had known for years, someone quiet who rarely said anything, suddenly disclosed that he had to sleep surrounded by pillows because he thrashed, punched, and kicked so much in his sleep. (He had had a sleep apnea study.) He is married. It made me wonder where his wife slept, but I didn't ask. ;))

Deb

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dear friend J chose her method of death yesterday. She has lived with Parkinson's disease for many years. Last week she fell and broke her right arm. Tests revealed extensive nerve damage and she has lost all function in that arm. Her left arm was paralyzed long ago. Because she does not have a terminal disease that will cause her death within 6 months, she is not eligible for an easy death under Oregon's assisted suicide law. So she has chosen VSED instead (voluntarily stopping eating and drinking) whereby she'll enter a hospice facility this week and die of dehydration. I'll go and wish her a peaceful voyage once she's settled in, after her family has come to terms with her wishes, and before the drugs that will keep her comfortable are administered.

I respect her choice and her courage. It will be heartbreaking to see the effect this type of death will have on her family, especially her husband, who at 86 yrs old, has been her caregiver for many years. He said the doctors told him it could take up to 3 weeks for her to die. I hope she dies more quickly than that mostly for her sake but also to spare the family a long grueling death watch.

Life may be difficult, but dying is more so.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry. :(sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Matata. She made a brave choice and she's fortunate to have you on her side. I wish her peace.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, my heart goes out to you, your friend and her husband. I can't imagine what he's going through. I wish your friend a swift and peaceful passing.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kenny, Missy, Dee*Jay...I'm ok with this. We've spoken many times about her plans as the Parkinson's progressed during these past 2 years. She is feisty with a sharp intellect and superb wit. Loss of independence was her biggest fear and she long ago decided she would choose death when she became completely dependent on others. She won't tolerate tears and mourning so when I go to see her, we'll celebrate her life (which was quite colorful) and relive the good times we've had together.

Our last outing together was a few days before she broke her arm. We had an excellent dinner. She had one too many cocktails and got a bit ribald with her jokes. That's how I'll remember her -- cheeks pink, eyes shining, twirling a Manhattan glass in her good hand and telling dirty jokes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results