color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1480688537|4104303 said:
I did it!!!!!

My acceptance notice came yesterday! I am now in a computer science Bachelor's program!

Filled out forms for aid. Hoping it is approved quickly. I will have to quit my job. We will lose our health insurance. DH doesn't make enough to even cover our base bills let alone tuition and groceries. But he does make enough we don't qualify for any assistance programs for insurance.

Oh!!!
My Barney rescue is going to NY next week. Along with two more I pulled day of euth and got homes in NY. And another heading to me pulled just few hours from.

Woohoo!!! Good going TooPatient!!! Congrats and sending more good wishes your way!
And great job re the rescues! Thank you for helping them and hugs and good luck helping the other rescues heading your way, sending you lots of good luck dust and energy. :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! as you pursue your BS in CS you will find plenty of opportunities for well paid internships even after a year of study! :appl:

As a student will you be eligible for free visits to the health services center at your school? Maybe that can be a break there! Also find out if family is eligible to be seen at a discount?

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1480688537|4104303 said:
I did it!!!!!

My acceptance notice came yesterday! I am now in a computer science Bachelor's program!

Filled out forms for aid. Hoping it is approved quickly. I will have to quit my job. We will lose our health insurance. DH doesn't make enough to even cover our base bills let alone tuition and groceries. But he does make enough we don't qualify for any assistance programs for insurance.

Oh!!!
My Barney rescue is going to NY next week. Along with two more I pulled day of euth and got homes in NY. And another heading to me pulled just few hours from.

Wonderful news on all fronts! :appl: :appl: :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY toopatient!!! Congratulations! You are on your way!! :appl: :wavey: :appl: You're going to be busy, so I'd like to point out: Don't let 'perfect' get in the way of good or good enough :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey PintoBean :bigsmile: You got a lotta peeps here on PS who care about you. We're all alone in those existential moments, no one escapes those. Come here when they feel burdensome.

I'm an Al Anon alum, first husband was an alcoholic although in AA when we married. I heartily urge you to locate an Al Anon group that works for you. Go as little or as much as you require at any time.

Regarding sharing/speaking at AA or Al Anon: When you first start attending, you should be *listening* as opposed to blabbering constantly. Both groups work by members offering their experiences of struggle, progress and hope. When you first attend, you can share the basics if you like. No one is going to demand your intimate personal history.

Here's a basic, though: Your DH is free, as an adult, to drink when he wants, as much as he wants. As long as he isn't drunk driving or drunk and in public, his drinking strictly speaking is legal. His drinking is not your burden to carry. Your burden to carry is how you respond to your husband's drinking, what you think, feel, do and don't do.

Love and encouragement to you!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having a tough go of today, so much so that I called my SIL because I needed to talk to someone. For someone who is a lot younger than me, I find her very insightful. We talk a lot about anxiety, I shared today that I am looking to start therapy for my anxiety and depression, they are becoming a burden on my life. Still considering whether I will give in to medication and if there is an natural alternative. Too many things going on in this head but I am so thankful to have at least one person to talk to.

DH and I are doing serious work to save this marriage, I told him how we feel now is necessary because our marriage was not sustainable long term, he agrees. We will both be better people in the long run. Religion isn't everyone's cup but I believe with my whole being that this is part of God's plan, we need to change our behaviors towards each other to be able to honor our marriage commitment. In the meantime though it's hard to keep going but at least for today existing is good enough.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also an Al Anon alum - I come and go as needed. I truly can not say enough good things about Al Anon. It saved my sanity years ago and also within the past year. It is a place where you are safe to share your thoughts and know that others have been there before you.

Pinto bean - many have been where you are now. There is hope, there is light at the end of it all and mainly - there is growth. I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to (or would like to! where does the time go in a 24 hour period...?? ) but I do follow and you are in my thoughts PB. Hang in there. One day at a time and do only what you can do. You can not control people places or things. <3 <3 <3

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close but not quite there...

My Barney (see beautiful picture in my rescue thread) is leaving LA Tuesday going to WI. Have volunteers to get him to Dayton. Will be there Thursday around 1pm. I need to get him from Dayton to NY. I am out of OH people I know.

Ideas? Anyone know anyone in the area willing to drive him the rest of the way? Or even a chunk of the way?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the congratulations! I am excited and nervous all at once. I,like the field. More nervous about what i have forgotten and also leaving work and back to just DH's income.

Instead of getting anxious (or at least getting,though,it!), I am getting my books Monday. Can see what they expect me to know and get a bit ahead. I applied for aid to see if i can get grants or even loans. I am also seeing if i can work an hour or two a day to keep around and full time during breaks... Until I can do internships or short contracts.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The neighbor's are driving me slowly crazy! They have lots of Christmas lights up and have something playing Christmas music all day/night. Okay, I don't celebrate Christmas but love to see other people enjoy their traditions. Lights? Okay! Music in all of the stores? Great! "Merry Christmas" every time I turn around? Yes! Just be ready for a smile and genuine wishes for you to have a great Christmas.

But music 24x7 since Thanksgiving every time I go outside? Maybe if there was a larger playlist or some variety or even play the full songs. Just short snips of same 10 songs? Gah!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I have not (and will not) say anything to the neighbor's. I love that they are happy and don't want to take away from that. It is Just another couple of weeks. Having music stuck in my head all day (and playing in my dreams) is not so bad. (except the periodic need to say GAH!!!)

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient,

Christmas is my very favorite holiday!!!

Love all the outdoor lights, Christmas music, etc., but I'm not a fan of the outdoor music.
Play it inside your home, like I do, but please don't have outdoor speakers playing the stuff.

That goes for the Halloween soundtracks too. :nono:

I never say anything to the people who want to share music, halloween soundtracks, etc., with the neighbours.
I just smile and am glad it only happens a couple of times a year.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brrrrrr 17 degrees this morning. My little waterfall is ice encrusted.

12-18-2016_waterfall_icicles.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's cool Matata! I could really go for some cooler weather where I live. Yesterday I went for a walk and had sweat running down
my rib cage (yucky feeling) and I wasnt even walking fast. :???:

Anyway, on my walk yesterday I fed some Scrub Jays by hand. I was trying to show some squirrels that I had peanuts and a Scrub Jay
flew down and took it right out of my hand! Before I knew it there were about 6 in the bushes near by all wanting my peanuts. So
much fun! Here is a picture of a Scrub Jay...not one I took...

scrub_jay.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Got a FABU haircut at....the Barber Shop today! My regular guy was booked so I took a chance with a local place....always packed with guys getting great haircuts. Only one fella does both women's and men's hair...all the others just work on guys. 1/3 my regular price and he gave me great styling tips! (I have short hair "like a man" :cheeky: I suppose...)

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1482446479|4109072 said:
HI:

Got a FABU haircut at....the Barber Shop today! My regular guy was booked so I took a chance with a local place....always packed with guys getting great haircuts. Only one fella does both women's and men's hair...all the others just work on guys. 1/3 my regular price and he gave me great styling tips! (I have short hair "like a man" :cheeky: I suppose...)

cheers--Sharon

:appl: :appl: :appl:

When I was staying with my father a lot I used to sneak into his barber's shop late in the day to get my hair cut. His barber's a she, and salon-trained, but somewhere along the line she decided she'd rather barber because - as she put it - the women were so picky and hard to please. I did my darndest not to be picky. :lol: She always did a great job, so no problem there! Anyhow, she charged less than 1/3 of what I'd been paying my hair dresser. I felt somewhat guilty about that so I also made a point of tipping her hugely.

I also wear my hair quite short. At my dad's barber's suggestion, I finally found someone who would give me a razor cut. LOVE IT! It does make a big difference, especially since my hair has lots of color gradations now that I'm no longer coloring it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just spent two hours reading articles and watching videos on the best way to fold, hang, and otherwise store my sweaters. That of course led to researching and ordering special hangers and packages of acid free tissue paper. Oy... this whole "being off for the holidays" thing really lets ones mind (and Amazon account) wander...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. My DH has a meeting at work today. It seems the national retail company is laying off assistant store managers and dept. managers hopefully will get to keep their jobs for 11-12 months. At which time if they have not applied for and gotten another job (for less pay) they will be fired. No unemployment. I will find out after the meeting today. He is a dept. manager for the past 10 years and has highest sick leave balance and most senior DM in store. This sucks.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, lots of PS dust and good thoughts going out for you DH!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of job dust for you DH red...I hate hearing about layoffs.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really sorry to hear about that, Red. Layoffs are horrible--sending dust to you and DH.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all very much. He has not called me yet and the waiting is just terrible.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1484689712|4116063 said:
Thank you all very much. He has not called me yet and the waiting is just terrible.

Ugh, waiting for news like that is the worst. You want to just call 100000 times just to check, but know perfectly well that they'll call asap. Feeling powerless in the face of potentially crap news is super stressful. :cry:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Just found out an hour ago that the VA has deemed my father is NOT eligible for care at the VA.

This comes one year after we've registered him for care.

They state that he makes too much money - he makes retirement and Social Security.
Why didn't they catch this earlier? We didn't lie about is annual income. I didn't realize that they needed to know what his annual income was before taxes. They never asked me to specify.
He's over the threshold by almost 20k per year.

They made the mistake and put him in category 5 when he should be in either 6 or 7.
I don't mind having to pay co-pays. It just really infuriates me that they are demanding a years worth of copays even though they messed up.
My dad spent 27 years in Active Duty and did 2 tours in Vietnam.
I just don't understand why the VA feels a veteran doesn't deserve healthcare.
:rolleyes:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1484697252|4116085 said:
redwood66|1484689712|4116063 said:

Ugh, waiting for news like that is the worst. You want to just call 100000 times just to check, but know perfectly well that they'll call asap. Feeling powerless in the face of potentially crap news is super stressful. :cry:

Redwood, I am sorry and that feeling is just awful. I hope you received good news yesterday and that everything is OK. (((HUGS))).

Kelinas, I am sorry and hope it gets resolved successfully. That sucks.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1484703978|4116116 said:
Just found out an hour ago that the VA has deemed my father is NOT eligible for care at the VA.

They state that he makes too much money - he makes retirement and Social Security.
Why didn't they catch this earlier? We didn't lie about is annual income. I didn't realize that they needed to know what his annual income was before taxes. They never asked me to specify.

They made the mistake and put him in category 5 when he should be in either 6 or 7.
I don't mind having to pay co-pays. It just really infuriates me that they are demanding a years worth of copays even though they messed up.
Something doesn't sound right with this. I would make them review his case again. Clerical errors are the VA's middle name!! A person who has served active duty as long as your dad usually gets medical coverage for life.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1484703978|4116116 said:

So my Dad was in the Air Force for 34 years. This is the way he explained it to me. He said everyone is eligible but you are put in to
different categories depending on time spent in the service, injuries, war veteran, rank, etc...He said that a lot of people are so far
down on the list to get service that it is not worth their time to use Veterans service. Like you may not be able to get an appointment
for a LONG time. Sounds like there may be some misunderstanding with your Dad. Sounds like your Dad put in his time and should
be eligible. My Dad has used Veterans service but mostly he just uses his own doctors/insurance. I think you need to get more
detail from your Dad or maybe more clarification.

Funny story...or not so funny story :rolleyes: . So my Dad has bad hearing...spent to much time around jets on the runway.
He called the Veterans Hospital where he had been to once before. It just so happens that the Veterans Hospital is just north
of where my parents live. So my Dad tells him he needs an appointment to have his hearing check...the guy/operator tells him
that "you are not coming up here"...remember the hospital is just north of my parents. My Dad thought he was being refused service
and asked to speak to a manager. Come to find out the guy/operator was trying to say was that "you are not coming up" ON THE
COMPUTER...the guy could not locate my Dad in the computer but he only stated that "you are not coming up here". So...big
misunderstanding on what was going on. My Dad was really frustrated with the whole mess...sounds like your Dad may have
gotten some mixed/bad info (lets hope). I would double check and ask to see things in writing.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Livid right now. There are pastries in the kitchen at work and a male coworker asked me how many I've had today. I said just the one and pointed to the pastry I was eating. His response???? "Good girl!"

Wtf

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^What the what :confused: Good girl??? I'd be upset too. What a DB thing to say :blackeye:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's when I'd say, if you pat me on the head too, I will cut you!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1484939605|4116981 said:
Livid right now. There are pastries in the kitchen at work and a male coworker asked me how many I've had today. I said just the one and pointed to the pastry I was eating. His response???? "Good girl!"

Wtf

Seriously?!? That man should be in the ICU right now recovering from the damage you inflicted on him -- you are a good woman for restraining yourself and not beating him half to death. Completely unacceptable!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results