carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1390169811|3596404 said:
Forgot my DH's birthday on Friday. He asked me if I wanted to tell him anything, and I said, "no". He was a little hurt. :roll:

I received a bunch of happy birthday wishes on FB, and I seldom ever check, maybe once or twice a year. I said nothing and did nothing. OMG. Bad wife, I know. But we're going out to dinner tonight and a movie. I'll try to make it up to him. ;-)

Btw, we've been married for 16 going 17 years, and together 10 years before that. I hope that buys me some latitude. :twirl:

Make it up to him... :Up_to_something:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday Babs! Hope you had a great birthday!

Naty-love the earrings! I hope that means your mom is behaving herself these days. :appl:

LLJsmom- I'm with Naty. Make it up to him! :naughty:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goddammit, Kaepernick!!!! :nono:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday Ginger!! That is a much happier thing to think about :bigsmile:
:appl: :appl: :appl:

ViolaDiamante

Rough_Rock
Haha Yssie! I'm in Washington, so of course everyone here was super excited, then I got on PS and couldn't believe nobody had posted about football!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ViolaDiamante|1390194166|3596785 said:
Haha Yssie! I'm in Washington, so of course everyone here was super excited, then I got on PS and couldn't believe nobody had posted about football!

I almost posted on the "hot topic" thread (you know the one) as a joke threadjack, but thought twice. Some people may not appreciate it.

And yes, I saw the end... Oh well. Just made me look up lists of the top 10 quarterbacks of all time. My Joe was #1 on tons of lists. I'm too much of an old fart 49er fan, and just reminisced about how cool Joe was in Super Bowl 23, that last drive... Yup. Don't know when the Niners will score another quarterback like Montana. :(sad

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1390183645|3596629 said:

Naty-love the earrings! I hope that means your mom is behaving herself these days. :appl:

Thank you Missy!!!
Mom is always mom...She will say her crazy things (about monkeys and all that...) and then she will gift me earrings that are worth thousands of dollars...Typical Natylad's mom...!!!
By the way, if you missed the crazy story with the monkey go down to page 344 and have the laugh of your life... :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love reading about people who care for animals! What an amazing couple to dedicate their lives to caring for older or abused horses!

Horse Retirement

I hope they are able to find someone special to take over the farm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1390196211|3596797 said:

Thank you Missy!!!
Mom is always mom...She will say her crazy things (about monkeys and all that...) and then she will gift me earrings that are worth thousands of dollars...Typical Natylad's mom...!!!
By the way, if you missed the crazy story with the monkey go down to page 344 and have the laugh of your life... :wavey:

LOLOL, I missed that one. You have to laugh Naty. That's the best choice really and the fact that she obviously loves you makes it more forgivable. She means well I think-it's just she can be a bit (for lack of a better word) dense and unaware...
Wear your beautiful new earrings in much health and happiness!

TooPatient said:
I love reading about people who care for animals! What an amazing couple to dedicate their lives to caring for older or abused horses!

Horse Retirement

I hope they are able to find someone special to take over the farm.

I hope so too! It's a labor of love and only someone special can do it. :appl:

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
natyLad|1390196211|3596797 said:

Thank you Missy!!!

Thank you Missy! Had a great day. My hubby owes me a present, but promises to find me one. Happy birthday to all Capricorns and Aquarius's celebrating birthdays this month!!!! :snore: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I want, i want, i want..... and OCTAVIA...

but, i dont have the $ right now, but more importantly any body real estate to wear it to enjoy it.

Fingers are all taken, and i rarely change the rings. i have my rolling ring/ trinity ring that now sits in the drawer. An OEC that is sitting in the drawer and is getting set into a ring....., an FCD necklace in the making, a pearl bangle that i wear occasionally....

Ho Hum.... nice to be able to be in this predicament...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
OUR HOUSE IS RENTED!!!!!!!! After 2 weeks of being up on the market our house rented out right away. So happy and relieved. Now we won't have to pay double payments on 2 places! :appl:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
There are four stores on the street level of my building. One of them, the largest of the three left their back window open this week. This made the sprinkler pipes freeze. They then brought in their own plumber (though they were told not to because it is a building system and not theirs to mess with) who broke the pipe and hadn't turned off the water, obviously because he would have had to get the super to do it and whenever a sprinkler is turned off an alarm is sent to fire dept. So then came the flood. The basement space right below the store was decimated from above, and the water rose throughout the basement 4 inches. The basement is divided amongst the shareholders so we all have rooms for storage or whatever. The fire dept came, it was after the super had left for the day, and they couldn't find the shut off, so they went to the basement and broke open all the doors. The shut offs are in the lobby, painted bright red and clearly labeled. vacuumed the water up from my room last night. now we are all worried about mold. Like we don't all have enough to deal with.
Ah negligence!

The store is owned by a very rich corporation, jo_ie, but there is sure to be litigation.....................

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"A" just finished her first semester of 8th grade. Starting the last semester of middle school on Monday!

Oh --

Grades aren't official yet, but she has three of her classes already reporting for the semester -- art, science, and Spanish are all solid A's.

Three more classes still adding the last few assignments before posting -- so we're waiting to hear if she got all A's in her other classes (language arts, history, algebra) or if she'll have to "settle" on B+ in them :bigsmile:

Awesome year so far :appl:

Told you so Mr. Vice Principal! :bigsmile:
(I had to take "A" to meet with the VP over summer so he could warn her that Spanish is super hard and algebra is extremely difficult and a lot of kids just can't make it through. He wanted her to know that he didn't think she could manage either class and that taking both together would be really hard and he was there to take her out when she needed... :rolleyes: :angryfire: )

FWIW, she is not living a life of all books! She is also in year book club (all of her friends wanted to do this together) and spends lots of time with friends just having fun. They like to make movies -- write scripts, act, record, edit, and even do sound tracks (including writing & performing their own music). --- And off to Disneyland in just a couple of weeks!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaarrgh - so frustrating - I've been waiting on a BGD refund since last Friday - in the past they've refunded me within 48 hours - now we're on the 5th business day, it's past 5:30pm, and I'm really concerned it is not coming at all today. Unlike prior purchases with BGD, this particular transaction/refund process has been a hassle and I'm extremely disappointed in their customer service. I don't think I should have to hunt down my refund, and even if they're not able to refund as quickly as usual, I certainly expected they would fulfill their posted policy and refund by close of business today.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When i read the things that some men are posting on these boards, i feel sooo grateful for being married to my DH... (No DF, i'm not refering to you, hehehehe!!!).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1390727516|3601392 said:
When i read the things that some men are posting on these boards, i feel sooo grateful for being married to my DH... (No DF, i'm not refering to you, hehehehe!!!).

I know right? Except remember, you would never have chosen to be with a man who treated you that way and dismissed your feelings and wants. So you would not be in that situation but yes, we have great husbands and I agree-very thankful!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1390735198|3601407 said:
natyLad|1390727516|3601392 said:

I know right? Except remember, you would never have chosen to be with a man who treated you that way and dismissed your feelings and wants. So you would not be in that situation but yes, we have great husbands and I agree-very thankful!

Definitely, i wouldn't be able to deal with such a man for more than...let's say a week...(because i'm a very patient person :naughty: ).
I just wanted to point out that it's not only his lack of respect towards her wishes... It's...like...EVERYTHING about this person...
The things that he says and mainly the WAY that he says them, are driving me CRAZYYYY.
DH has studied economics and finance too and if there's a way to save even a euro, he will find this way and save it.He also believes that it's crazy to spend thousands of euros on a ring and he doesn't like to spend a lot of money on expensive brands, if he can find a way to get items of similar quality for much less money...BUT... When the time came to discuss engagement, he specifically asked me what i wished for. At the time i thought i wanted a pink sapphire, set on a white gold setting with diamond side stones. I never sent him any pics of what i had in mind, i just explained to him over the phone (he was living thousands of miles away from me back then). So he went to the most expensive store of his area and got a ring that matched the specifications i had given him, but i didn't like it. When he realized that i didn't like the ring, he told me that he wanted me to keep it, since it was the ring he proposed with, and that i could get a diamond ring if i wished. I chose a .50ct, VVS1, E, Internally Flawless, triple ex cut diamond ring and he paid for it. After three months the diamond was too small for me, so he agreed to upgrade it to a .90 ct, E, VVS2, triple ex cut, in order to make me happy (that's three rings in seven months and all of them before our wedding...).
Did he think all those upgrades and purchases were...good investments? NOOO...!!! But he thought that the investment was not on the ring but on his lady's happiness.I love his smile, when he sees me checking out my ring and feeling happy and proud for it!!!
Plus, he also thinks that my Louis Vuitton bags are insanely expensive (and some designer clothes that i buy sometimes), but since we can afford such purchases every now and then, he doesn't object and he doesn't make my life miserable, just because i happen to like some fancy things that he doesn't care about.
So, i guess, having studied finance and working in the specific field, doesn't mean that you will end up being cheap and low class...
I'm absolutely certain that if he finally gets her the ring, he will rub her face on it for the rest of her life and he will make sure that he says enough bull$hit about it to her, until she feels guilty for asking for it and making him throw his money on...such a bad investment, until the end of time... After all.."it's a very bitter pill for him to swallow"... :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've decided that low-tack masking tape -

images-5_0.jpg

is indeed the next best thing to sliced bread. I used it to put away Christmas ornaments, I used it to pack up my office, I use it to secure the ends of things and seal packages of food and (with a sharpie pen) to mark things for going into the freezer. When my church bought new hymnals, we used this to temporarily label about 500 old hymnals so their original donors could claim them. I love this stuff!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
PEOPLE ARE BAT $HIT CRAZY!!!!!!!
ARGHHHHHHHHH we are moving to Europe in less then 2 weeks and we find out today that our dogs are microchipped with a 10 digit chip vs. the required 15 digit chip. I call the airport that will process in our precious pups and they say they won't accept them. We can't rechip them because that would require another rabies shot and that requires 21 days before you move. That is not what has me fired up though!!!!! When asking what my options were because MOVING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY WITHOUT MY BABY GIRLS IS NOT ONE, the guy told me that is what pounds are for and that I shouldn't be cheap to just pay the $100 turn in fee. Either someone would adopt them or they would be killed. Either way he wasn't his problem!!!!! What the *(#&*)^#)*&$(#(#%%!!!!!!! And he is the "expert" to help you (being military families) get their pets overseas. Someone FIRE HIM!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1391022132|3603527 said:
ARGHHHHHHHHH we are moving to Europe in less then 2 weeks and we find out today that our dogs are microchipped with a 10 digit chip vs. the required 15 digit chip. I call the airport that will process in our precious pups and they say they won't accept them. We can't rechip them because that would require another rabies shot and that requires 21 days before you move. That is not what has me fired up though!!!!! When asking what my options were because MOVING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY WITHOUT MY BABY GIRLS IS NOT ONE, the guy told me that is what pounds are for and that I shouldn't be cheap to just pay the $100 turn in fee. Either someone would adopt them or they would be killed. Either way he wasn't his problem!!!!! What the *(#&*)^#)*&$(#(#%%!!!!!!! And he is the "expert" to help you (being military families) get their pets overseas. Someone FIRE HIM!

WTF?!?!??! PLEASE complain to someone who can do something about this guy. Seriously, his boss (or whoever the right person is) needs to know what an a$$hole he is. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I know right!!!!!!! I think he is a civilian contractor so to fire one is pretty much next to impossible but I will be complaining that is for sure to whoever I have to - even if it only ends up being a slap on the wrist. What a jerk!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB--- :-o :nono:

Complain to anyone you can!

Can you explain to situation to your vet and see if they have any ideas? I'm sure they must be able to do something.

If you lived near me, I'd happily watch them between your move and the 21 day wait. That would only be around a week. Do you have anyone (vet, pet food store, family, etc) who could care gor them and then get them on a different airplane to you?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Ugh! I am so sorry SB!!! These moves are stressful enough without having to deal with jerks like that!!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1391028799|3603616 said:

Can you explain to situation to your vet and see if they have any ideas? I'm sure they must be able to do something.

If you lived near me, I'd happily watch them between your move and the 21 day wait. That would only be around a week. Do you have anyone (vet, pet food store, family, etc) who could care gor them and then get them on a different airplane to you?

Oh TP you are too sweet! Though I would never take you up on it, it really makes me feel better that you offered.

We ended up contacting someone in Germany (actaully woke him up around 1am his time...ops!) and he told us if we provided our own reader to show they would microchipped then it shouldn't be an issue. We would need to have them rechipped at our convenince though during our stay. Readers are a few hundred bucks to buy but there is a website that rents them out so it looks like we found our answer. But seriously the first guy was just a scumbag.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1391047597|3603885 said:
TooPatient|1391028799|3603616 said:

Oh TP you are too sweet! Though I would never take you up on it, it really makes me feel better that you offered.

We ended up contacting someone in Germany (actaully woke him up around 1am his time...ops!) and he told us if we provided our own reader to show they would microchipped then it shouldn't be an issue. We would need to have them rechipped at our convenince though during our stay. Readers are a few hundred bucks to buy but there is a website that rents them out so it looks like we found our answer. But seriously the first guy was just a scumbag.

Our cats & dogs are family! I still can't believe that nasty man suggested such options :nono:

I'm glad you have a solution. What a horrible thing to have to sort out so close to a move. I hope the rest is smooth and easy for you!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1391022132|3603527 said:

I hope that his family will do as much for him when the times comes.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Did Tristan every post his fancy pink diamond ring from Victor Canera?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1391026716|3603598 said:
I know right!!!!!!! I think he is a civilian contractor so to fire one is pretty much next to impossible but I will be complaining that is for sure to whoever I have to - even if it only ends up being a slap on the wrist. What a jerk!

SB, please do report him. Even if he's not fired, he should be moved to another position.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results