shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger|1389564654|3591553 said:
If it is the photo that I am thinking of, it was from Canada and the police were in contact with the puppy's owner very quickly. They said the bottle was full and capped, and the puppy was playing 'tug o war' with the owner, as it likes to chew on plastic bottles. The photo was taken at a time duing the game in which it looks inappropriate. That of course is ridiculous - that photo was taken in such a way as to make it look like the dog was being fed vodka. It was done to be funny, but after the guy's identity got out there and he got dozens of death threats, the truth (that it was just a harmless, though in poor taste, joke) wasn't even good enough to dig him out of that hole. So he came up with the story about tug of war.

Regardless, the police investigated and were happy with the living conditiions for tbe puppy with his owner. That dog was not being abused in the way it appears.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! oh, JG you have JUST made my day!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

oooh, I am sooooo relieved to read this --- THANK YOU!! phew! I can put my mind at rest and know that poor puppy is perfectly fine. What I'd love to find out, tho, is while the jerkwad owner thought this was funny, did he receive any reprimand or forced puppy parenting classes?? (ya, no such thing, but there should be!) Its moron's like this that can take what seems funny in their minds, and eventually, could possibly turn it into something they may actually DO (granted, I am stretching the outcome here) - but sometimes, pushing limits can become reality.

Anyhow, I shall sleep well tonight, knowing the dog is fine and the owner has been spoken to. THANK YOU JG!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1389567968|3591598 said:
justginger|1389564654|3591553 said:
If it is the photo that I am thinking of, it was from Canada and the police were in contact with the puppy's owner very quickly. They said the bottle was full and capped, and the puppy was playing 'tug o war' with the owner, as it likes to chew on plastic bottles. The photo was taken at a time duing the game in which it looks inappropriate. That of course is ridiculous - that photo was taken in such a way as to make it look like the dog was being fed vodka. It was done to be funny, but after the guy's identity got out there and he got dozens of death threats, the truth (that it was just a harmless, though in poor taste, joke) wasn't even good enough to dig him out of that hole. So he came up with the story about tug of war.

Regardless, the police investigated and were happy with the living conditions for the puppy with his owner. That dog was not being abused in the way it appears.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! oh, JG you have JUST made my day!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

oooh, I am sooooo relieved to read this --- THANK YOU!! phew! I can put my mind at rest and know that poor puppy is perfectly fine. What I'd love to find out, tho, is while the jerkwad owner thought this was funny, did he receive any reprimand or forced puppy parenting classes?? (ya, no such thing, but there should be!) Its moron's like this that can take what seems funny in their minds, and eventually, could possibly turn it into something they may actually DO (granted, I am stretching the outcome here) - but sometimes, pushing limits can become reality.

Anyhow, I shall sleep well tonight, knowing the dog is fine and the owner has been spoken to. THANK YOU JG!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

No worries - I'm glad to have relieved some undue stress. :bigsmile: I don't know if the owner had any sort of 'punishment' past the fact that he received email and mail death threats, apparently had a rock thrown through his car window, and had to change his phone number...

April20

Ideal_Rock
We went to a mountain lodge owned my an American in the mountains above Port-Au-Prince this weekend. It was beautiful but I think I came home with bed bug bites all over my legs.

I can't catch a break. It's always something. It's better than the head to toe hives I got a month ago or the salmonella I had in October though.

I did get some awesome pics driving up though. I'm attaching some as proof positive that there are parts of Haii that are very beautiful.

_13679.jpg

_13680.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am beyond excited, out move date is almost here! It has been a year in the making, finally our two girls and I will be moving over my my husband in S Korea! The movers came and packed us up last week, my husband signed a lease for our condo yesterday, and we were just issued our airline tickets! Wooooohooooo!!! It is finally starting to feel real, now Feb 22nd already needs to get here already!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am under contract to purchase a property. The mortgage company has been gathering information from me since November when the contract was written. The mortgage commitment date is TOMROROW. TODAY they asked for a contact to verify my employment. There is a very good chance the commitment date will not be met. I will have been a real estate agent for 10 years in March and I've pumped these people literally tens of millions of dollars in loans. If this is how they treat ME, how do they treat everyone else? No wonder people hate the mortgage process so much.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1389735312|3592700 said:
I am under contract to purchase a property. The mortgage company has been gathering information from me since November when the contract was written. The mortgage commitment date is TOMROROW. TODAY they asked for a contact to verify my employment. There is a very good chance the commitment date will not be met. I will have been a real estate agent for 10 years in March and I've pumped these people literally tens of millions of dollars in loans. If this is how they treat ME, how do they treat everyone else? No wonder people hate the mortgage process so much.

Yes, the process sucks. So much so that my dh would rather us just pay our mortgage off early than refinance (we have refinanced once already for the beach house and already paid off our NYC home). It really is that bad. I don't know if it's because the people doing the job just don't care or are rewarded for taking so long and being so inefficient and asking for everything last minute. No matter how many times you have asked them to please let you know everything that they need as soon as possible. And it's always them passing the buck as to why they wait till the very last minute to ask for what they need. Over and over. Exasperating! But oh so excited for you Dee Jay-you are almost through this painstaking and frustrating process...woohoo!!!!!! Best of luck!!!!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
April20|1389662151|3592268 said:
We went to a mountain lodge owned my an American in the mountains above Port-Au-Prince this weekend. It was beautiful but I think I came home with bed bug bites all over my legs.

I can't catch a break. It's always something. It's better than the head to toe hives I got a month ago or the salmonella I had in October though.

I did get some awesome pics driving up though. I'm attaching some as proof positive that there are parts of Haii that are very beautiful.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

That's for you spending time helping out in Haiti.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

That's for you taking some time smell the roses, as it were. I hope the bug bites go away quickly!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea the charger for my laptop could separate into two parts. And until just now, I had no idea I left one of those two parts in the socket in my parents' house - two hours from here - when I packed my stuff to return home.

Here's hoping USPS is especially fast this week. Until then, I'll be metering my computer usage verrrry carefully.

See y'all later!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my parking garage this morning

cya.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops - double post (but just as clever the second time around!)

cya2.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1389799918|3593281 said:
In my parking garage this morning

Bahaha! Perfect timing to pop in to Random Comments!

D*J, that might be my favorite Tesla license plate of all time!!! We didn't go with a vanity plate yet, but we've been talking about it...this one didn't even cross our minds! We might just put her name on the plate eventually, or we have list of about 2 dozen other similar, but not quite so clever, options. I've seen one that reads GAS SUX. We were possibly thinking of "NO CO2"...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VC, I was SO hoping you would see this! Love that plate!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1389800074|3593284 said:
Oops - double post (but just as clever the second time around!)

Like! Like!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1389804009|3593345 said:
VC, I was SO hoping you would see this! Love that plate!!!

DH loved it too! And they just opened a Supercharger about 500 yards from my sister's office! I'm so pumped, I think we're going to take a field trip this weekend to test it out!!! (We can totally make the round trip to my sister's on a single charge with loooooots of cushion, so this is really just for $hits and giggles, but MAN, I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED to finally get to *use* one!!!)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having a procedure done tomorrow where I had to fast all day today.... Actually food ended at dinner the previous night.... So I'm 24 hours + now and....

I would just like to say how much I hate Pinterest when I'm hungry! Just saying!

It's so nice to surf bling with no danger of food pictures! :bigsmile:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Today is the last day of my 20s. I am enjoying it.

Sleep in? Check.
Cat cuddles? Check.
Rolling in the back yard with the dogs? Check.
Chocolate donut? Getting there.

:bigsmile:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
justginger said:

Sleep in? Check.
Cat cuddles? Check.

It sounds like a wonderful day! Enjoy today and I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1389845077|3593807 said:

Sleep in? Check.
Cat cuddles? Check.

Happy Birthday! I hope you have more cat cuddles and dog rolling.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1389843563|3593793 said:
I'm having a procedure done tomorrow where I had to fast all day today.... Actually food ended at dinner the previous night.... So I'm 24 hours + now and....

I would just like to say how much I hate Pinterest when I'm hungry! Just saying!

All the best for your op, Mayk.

And happy bday for tomorrow, Ginger!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I just did something I've never done in my life... climbed into our car trunk. :lol: It's -15°C (5°F) outside and all the four doors were frozen completely so I couldn't get them to open. Thank goodness I got the trunk open and we had left the cars heating cord in the back seat so I didn't have to reach any further to get it... :mrgreen:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
My day continues:

Chocolate donut? Check.
Happy Meal? Check.
Antique jewelry window shopping? Check.
Deserted, beautiful beach? Check.
Afternoon nap? Check.
A few chapters in a new book? Check.
Fresh baked brownies for dessert tonight? Check.

Oh boy, what a cracking end to my 20s. DH is going to have such a laugh at what I spent the day doing, but it was perfect for me. :)) I have to work tomorrow, on my actual birthday, so I got to do all the good stuff today.

Thank you for the well wishes, ladies. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1389843563|3593793 said:

Good luck MayK!!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you enjoyed the last day of your 20s in reasonably cool weather Ginger. I noticed on the weather today that Perth's temperatures were considerably lower than other parts of Australia. Here in Canberra we reached 40 degrees. I loved the sounds of those indulgences.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Polished|1389868059|3593926 said:
It sounds like you enjoyed the last day of your 20s in reasonably cool weather Ginger. I noticed on the weather today that Perth's temperatures were considerably lower than other parts of Australia. Here in Canberra we reached 40 degrees. I loved the sounds of those indulgences.

Yes, it was a lovely 28 on the beach today, and a bit windy. We had all that hot weather last weekend - it was 44 on Sat, 42 on Sun. Think it's back up to 37 this weekend, which is fine beach weather for me. :bigsmile:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Mayk said:

Sending lots of positive vibes for your procedure today!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! It went well and I have it behind me! Big dinner on the agenda.

This fits the procrastinate thread... I just kept putting off a screening that was recommended. I'm chicken little! But I'm done!

Happy Birthday Ginger! Glad you got to celebrate the good things yesterday, :appl:

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to say that it is my birthday today!!!!!!
Going out for dinner, getting hair and nails done now!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom gave me those earrings the other day...!!! Citrine stones and diamonds set in yellow gold! I love them!!!

wp_20140119_006.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1390154446|3596218 said:
My mom gave me those earrings the other day...!!! Citrine stones and diamonds set in yellow gold! I love them!!!

FABULOUS!! :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot my DH's birthday on Friday. He asked me if I wanted to tell him anything, and I said, "no". He was a little hurt. :roll:

I received a bunch of happy birthday wishes on FB, and I seldom ever check, maybe once or twice a year. I said nothing and did nothing. OMG. Bad wife, I know. But we're going out to dinner tonight and a movie. I'll try to make it up to him. ;-)

Btw, we've been married for 16 going 17 years, and together 10 years before that. I hope that buys me some latitude. :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results