shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL, sorry to hear this…lots of positive thoughts and dust headed your way.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

2 large loaded pizzas.
Bucket of KFC
Veggie plate which no one ate.
Christmas baking for dessert. Cookies. Butter tarts.
4, 20 year old hungry men.

Thank goodness one fella went home before supper.....I would have been short of food! HOLY. MOLY. Did I ever misread that dinner situation! :rolleyes:

cheers--Sharon

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1387332694|3576524 said:
I'm putting it here because I don't want to make a big thread about it because I'm too exhausted to maintain it or respond. After two and a half years SO's cancer is no longer responding to aromatase therapy. The cancer is growing and spreading. Last week she stopped taking letrazole and tomorrow morning enters a clinical study. PrE0102 will be a double blind study. All participants will get fulvestrant. Randomly selected, some will also get everolimus too, while others a placebo. It is a little overwhelming.

PSA: If you are a post menopausal woman with back pain that is not conclusively diagnosed, or that you cannot ascribe to a specific injury, go to the doctor and make them check for breast cancer.

So sorry to hear about this. Lots of hugs and best wishes to you and your SO.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny how you think you've got MORE than enough food only to find it all eaten!

I see veggie trays as the things I put out because it is expected but have to put all of the veggies away at the end because none will have been touched :rolleyes:

Pizzas.... Yeah...
We had a small group of girls for a b-day party. Something like 8 large pizzas plus bunches of salads and stuff. Every last slice was gone! I was so glad I hadn't cut the order any smaller! I figured we'd have at least two extra :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am probably the only person on earth who will kill a veggie tray. Please don't stop setting them out.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1387526209|3577950 said:
I am probably the only person on earth who will kill a veggie tray. Please don't stop setting them out.

My grandmother taught me to put them out and I see that everyone notices them. Will keep sticking them out!

I've been playing with different sorts of hummus and other healthy/yummy dips to make the veggies more inviting.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1387525612|3577948 said:
Funny how you think you've got MORE than enough food only to find it all eaten!

I see veggie trays as the things I put out because it is expected but have to put all of the veggies away at the end because none will have been touched :rolleyes:

Pizzas.... Yeah...
We had a small group of girls for a b-day party. Something like 8 large pizzas plus bunches of salads and stuff. Every last slice was gone! I was so glad I hadn't cut the order any smaller! I figured we'd have at least two extra :lol:
HI:

Veggies are a staple...or at least to me!

I also had a homemade tortiere....but only my DH and I ate that. I meant to get Sushi---DOH--I knew there was something I for got!

cheers--Sharon

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to our dinner group tonight. Different people volunteer to host and we all bring food to their house. Very casual and lots of fun!

The only "themed" dinner of the year is the one near Christmas where we do Asian food.

Huge heaps of food and most I couldn't eat ;(
Usually lots of veggie dishes or veggie & tofu. Tonight ended up being mostly pasta dishes of some form or another. They were all really yummy (as reported by DH and "A" and everyone around me enjoying dinner) but I couldn't eat them because of the wheat.

So dinner for me tonight was 6 shots of espresso, about a cup of rice, a little bit of cabbage, a few chocolate covered espresso beans, and two glasses of champagne.

I may have to grab a snack from the kitchen before bed...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Apple Christmas commercial is a tear-jerker, made me cry!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ice storm is over but we've been 16 hours with no power or heat. It's 57 degrees inside the house (brrrrr). My only light is a few candles and the glow from my blackberry playbook. They say it could be another 72 hours before power is restored. :errrr: :-o I could just about kill for a hot coffee.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farleysmom|1387755749|3579260 said:
Ice storm is over but we've been 16 hours with no power or heat. It's 57 degrees inside the house (brrrrr). My only light is a few candles and the glow from my blackberry playbook. They say it could be another 72 hours before power is restored. :errrr: :-o I could just about kill for a hot coffee.

Oh no Farleysmom, that's awful - Hoping power is restored sooner that that! :errrr: Hang in there - maybe a run to Dunkin Donuts is in order, road conditions permitting :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm visiting a friend in Tahoe for 15 days. Her parents and uncle are also staying here, and her sister and sister's boyfriend (who used to be my boyfriend, but that is for a different thread) are staying at a resort within walking distance (they opted NOT to stay HERE when they found out what the square footage-to-adult ratio was going to be)... and another couple and their toddler are showing up the day after xmas and staying through new years.

This is the first time I've been alone since I got here on Thursday. Everyone is off shopping and I am having a glass of wine (TWO!) and a moment of peace. Next I will take a shower (which I haven't had for two days).

The holidays WEAR ME THE HELL OUT.

April20

Ideal_Rock
My sister took her 5 year old daughter to the ballet last weekend. After the fact, she told her dad that she was "so bored she almost clawed her eyes out". I've been laughing for two days over that one.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
April20|1387849143|3579760 said:
My sister took her 5 year old daughter to the ballet last weekend. After the fact, she told her dad that she was "so bored she almost clawed her eyes out". I've been laughing for two days over that one.

Hilarious!!!

DJ, I'm on my third glass of wine for tonight (see below) so I certainly don't blame you for having a second!!!

Farleysmom, I hope you've got power back, or at least some good coffee!

As for me...second huge piece of news for me in a week:
I just got promoted to management!!! I'm SO.STINKIN.HAPPY. I was floundering in my job and the repetitiveness and the constant drone were just getting to me. I applied for this position 2.5 months ago, interviewed for it 3+ weeks ago, and finally, FINALLY, today...I GOT IT! It means I no longer get to work from home (sadness) but my life will be SO MUCH BETTER and I am going to be doing work than I enjoy instead of just sticking with a job because the benefits are great. I couldn't be happier and my DH is being incredibly supportive and I am just so. so. SO. very happy and lucky (and tipsy off Beaujolais Nouveau...the 2013 edition is pretty tasty!) right now. I should start some time mid to end of January. YAAAAAYYYYYY!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VC, that's AWESOME! Congratulations!!!

And April, so so SO funny!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh no!
Stay warm!

We were out for EIGHT days after a storm a few years (8? 9?) ago. In an apartment at the time with no way to heat the place. DH & me + 3 cats (including one very old and one in heat :nono: )

Please be careful!
Watch your body temperatures. Seriously. We took ours because the news warned of them dropping to unsafe temperatures and we were both so out of it that we didn't even register the need for assistance (we were both under the "if you see ___ temperature seek medical treatment"). As your bodies adjust to the cold you will feel it less and you may not even know you are in danger.
WARM tea (herbal especially -- not sure of caffeine?) is very good for you.
Alcohol is VERY bad (something to do with how it opens up your capillaries I think?) and causes you to hit dangerously low temperatures even faster.

If you don't have one, go get an INDOOR SAFE heater. You can buy propane heaters that are safe for indoor use -- but they will VERY clearly say this. If not, DON'T use! Ours (we got near the end of that power outage) is Mr. Heater

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

That sucks! Ours was out on Sunday, but back now. No idea what we're supposed to do with all of the trees.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
We were very lucky that power was restored. We were only out for 20 hours. Some of my co-workers are still without power and will have to spend Christmas with their children in a hotel. Just goes to show you that no matter how bad you think you have it, there are many people worse off. It's so easy to forget.

To everyone here on Pricescope, I wish all of you and your families health, happiness and prosperity this holiday season. :wavey:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I HAVE A JEWELRY PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the first time in months I'm happy about where I'm taking the rest of my collection. There is finally a end in site!!! Ok but seriously it might be another year or two...or five till I"m done but to at least have a way forward with no more indecision is very freeing.

And yes my DH does think I'm nuts! :halo: :devil: ;-)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1387851392|3579774 said:
April20|1387849143|3579760 said:

Hilarious!!!

DJ, I'm on my third glass of wine for tonight (see below) so I certainly don't blame you for having a second!!!

Farleysmom, I hope you've got power back, or at least some good coffee!

As for me...second huge piece of news for me in a week:
I just got promoted to management!!! I'm SO.STINKIN.HAPPY. I was floundering in my job and the repetitiveness and the constant drone were just getting to me. I applied for this position 2.5 months ago, interviewed for it 3+ weeks ago, and finally, FINALLY, today...I GOT IT! It means I no longer get to work from home (sadness) but my life will be SO MUCH BETTER and I am going to be doing work than I enjoy instead of just sticking with a job because the benefits are great. I couldn't be happier and my DH is being incredibly supportive and I am just so. so. SO. very happy and lucky (and tipsy off Beaujolais Nouveau...the 2013 edition is pretty tasty!) right now. I should start some time mid to end of January. YAAAAAYYYYYY!

CONGRATULATIONS VC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the nouveau!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
It's been a very long time since I posted, but with a husband starting to travel a lot for work, I thought I'd get back on.

Hi everybody!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl|1388112772|3581102 said:
It's been a very long time since I posted, but with a husband starting to travel a lot for work, I thought I'd get back on.

Hi everybody!

Hi OU! It's good to see you again!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VC - CONGRATS!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: That's an awesome way to end the year :bigsmile:

SB - So what's this plan? Spill, love :naughty:

Do other people regularly have really weird conversations with their SOs? I was talking to a friend yeseterday and noticed that I have a smile line. Like, a wrinkle that goes from side of nose to end of mouth and that doesn't completely smooth out when I'm not smiling. On one side - because apparently my smile is lopsided, and the skin on the other side doesn't fold into a single long line. And I was telling DH about this conversation, and how if I'm going to get wrinkles couldn't they at least be symmetric wrinkles?! And he sorta smiled and nodded, and I told him that he was supposed to actually opine, and he proceeded to comfort me with "you're really symmetrically asymmetric because your right nostril is also smaller than your left, and your right eyebrow is a bit lower than your left, so it makes sense that your right smile line is less grooved than your left." All with a loving smile and followed immediately with "and I made you your favourite for dinner!"
:-o :confused: :errrr:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1388264139|3582049 said:
VC - CONGRATS!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: That's an awesome way to end the year :bigsmile:

SB - So what's this plan? Spill, love :naughty:

Do other people regularly have really weird conversations with their SOs? I was talking to a friend yeseterday and noticed that I have a smile line. Like, a wrinkle that goes from side of nose to end of mouth and that doesn't completely smooth out when I'm not smiling. On one side - because apparently my smile is lopsided, and the skin on the other side doesn't fold into a single long line. And I was telling DH about this conversation, and how if I'm going to get wrinkles couldn't they at least be symmetric wrinkles?! And he sorta smiled and nodded, and I told him that he was supposed to actually opine, and he proceeded to comfort me with "you're really symmetrically asymmetric because your right nostril is also smaller than your left, and your right eyebrow is a bit lower than your left, so it makes sense that your right smile line is less grooved than your left." All with a loving smile and followed immediately with "and I made you your favourite for dinner!"
:-o :confused: :errrr:

Yssie, that made me gigglesnort. DH and I definitely have weird conversations, but we're both engineers, so that should explain most of it!

And thanks to DJ, SB, and Yssie for the congrats! THEY WANT ME TO START MONDAY. :errrr: You think they could've given me more than a week's notice after drawing the selection process out for over 2.5 months... Not sure the HR paperwork will be processed by then, though, so it might be a "soft" start with an official start date of January 13.

To celebrate, I'm officially booking my trip to the UK to go see princesss and tramp around for 9 days. If it's already booked, they won't deny the vacation. :naughty: :lol:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seriously, don't post a HUGE change and not expect family to see and then to comment. If you want somethings SECRET do not post to FB! :angryfire:

I have such a bad headache.
I think after 3+ years of having a temp setting on my stone, I have found a setting that I like!!!!!
I'm tired.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting!

"A" just finished the ENTIRE reading program through Kumon! She finished her last packet on Friday :appl:
She's worked hard to get there. Started last year in level C1 and made it all the way through the end of L.

We'll keep her going in the math program. She's "only" in level I now :bigsmile: (so "only" a year and a half past her grade level!)
Started in level A just 13 months ago.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farleysmom|1387919590|3580104 said:
We were very lucky that power was restored. We were only out for 20 hours. Some of my co-workers are still without power and will have to spend Christmas with their children in a hotel. Just goes to show you that no matter how bad you think you have it, there are many people worse off. It's so easy to forget.

To everyone here on Pricescope, I wish all of you and your families health, happiness and prosperity this holiday season. :wavey:

So happy for you Farleysmom that your power was restored. Hope everyone has power now and is safe and warm and enjoying the holidays!

VC-Many congrats on your new job!

Yssie, my dh and I have weird (understood by just the 2 of us) conversations all the time haha. You should see us talking to our kitties. On second thought no probably you shouldn't cause you would think we are crazy. Well, we are but that's quite another matter. :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warning-long rant so please skip if you are not in the mood but I am stressed...

I am majorly bummed. My Cybex arc trainer broke on Saturday and Gym Source repair dept is not available till 10AM today (spoke with store on Saturday but they are not able to schedule appointment for repair) but I already know how this is going down. If I'm lucky it will be able to be repaired within the month (if I am lucky most likely it will take longer) but I am sure there will be issues along the way and I am for sure without my arc trainer for quite a number of weeks best case scenario! :((

Back story-I used to do the treadmill (for almost 30 years- I started in the early 80's) till I hurt my knee over 4 years ago now. My dh did some research at the time and found out about the Cybex arc trainer and we ordered it and I love it. I have been working out on it for the last 3.5 years and love it so much I got one for the beach house 2.5 years ago.

The one in NY broke this Saturday and I found out that they no longer make the home model and the cheapest Cybex arc is over 5K not including shipping/putting it together/tax which brings it over 6k. DH said we'll do what we need to do since working out on it is critical to my emotional (and physical) well being and I do it every day. In the past, when I was working out on my treadmills we had a back up for that very reason because when one broke I was SOL for a long time because repairing these things take forever.

So back to the dilemma. Do we get a back up (and who knows how long that will take to get delivered if even in stock) while waiting for this to (hopefully) be repaired so I can get back to the arc sooner vs later. Ugh, why so expensive. I'm pissed they stopped making the model that cost 3K especially because I have 2 of them and the supposed reason they stopped making it is because it is less durable. Now they tell me-after I spent over 6K total since I got one for each home. ;(

It should never have broker after 3.5 years(even my Precor treadmills didn't break till at least 5 years if my memory serves me correctly) but now they say the home model is not as durable as the gym model. Gee thanks for the heads up after I have 2 of them! :knockout:

Parts are under warranty, though labor is not but the issues are:
1. can it be fixed
2. is this going to keep happening because obviously it is not as strong as it needs to be
3. how long do I need to wait till it gets fixed (not going to know that one till it is actually fixed because with my treadmills they would order the part that needed fixing but it wasn't always successful and sometimes took a few different orders till they figured out the problem which is why I ended up getting back up treadmills. I actually have 2 treadmills in NY and one in NJ just for these reasons.
4. Should I bite the bullet and order the more expensive model and use one as a back up once the original gets repaired... then I would have 2 in NY just in case one breaks down again (and it will at some point break down again of this I am sure).

If you got this far thank you for reading it through and hope it made some sense. Working out is important to me as a stress release for emotional and physical well being. I am currently w/o on the treadmill but I am in pain (lots of pain-my whole body hurts I guess because I am not used to w/o on the treadmill anymore as it's been over 3.5 years since I have used it) and though I am going easy I am not sure how long I will be able to continue treadmill workouts. Plus I do not want to reinjure my knee(s). That was a year of PT I do not care to repeat.

I know putting this into perspective it is not a huge problem but I am a person who needs an outlet to release stress so for me it is not a small problem but I do realize in the grand realm of things it is not something to cry about. Just needed to let off some steam here and perhaps get some thoughtful advice. Thanks for listening.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
I had to look up the trainer to see what it was, the site says the stress on the knees is equal to walking. Why not just do the walking until you can get a repair or replacement?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results