shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I had a wonderful day. I'll paint you a picture.

Stunning white sand, turquoise water (Scarborough) beach. Light wind blowing, sun radiating, about 90 degrees. Bright rainbow colored kitesurfers, normal surfers catching a few waves, soft sand, giggling kids, and beautiful bodies everywhere. Cold beers, lots of laughs.

It's gonna be a great summer. :bigsmile:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw the Lincoln movie. Wow. Been a long time since I've seen a movie where every actor's performance was exquisite.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Life is short.

Wear cashmere!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1353205142|3309105 said:
Life is short.

Wear cashmere!

Allergic to cashmere so I'll wear silk :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1353110739|3308274 said:
Haven|1352953674|3306970 said:
Man, that is a bad situation. I would get a new vet ASAP!

If you're on Facebook you should search for local rescues that help rehome or find fosters. The networking people do is unbelievable, and with that many puppies you're going to need to reach out to a lot of people to find all of them homes.

Gosh, I'm so sorry. If they decide they can't handle it, that's totally understandable. Hopefully they can find a local rescue group who can help them in that case. TEN puppies--YIKES!!!!

I have a bit more to the story now - the shelter was a no-kill shelter that got her from another shelter the day before she was due to be put down (grain allergy + too many other dogs = ...) her files said that she was fixed, and apparently checking females is pretty invasive? In any case on the second visit the vet thought there was a good chance *something* was up, and had scheduled xrays and bloodwork for the following week, so they went home hoping it was just puppies... then they went out for the evening and when they came home, well, no need for the tests!

Still gross negligence on the vet's part IMO.

The FB idea is a really good one, thank you! I don't have my own but DH does, I'll definitely talk to him when he gets home tomorrow! I'm glad you mentioned it, I honestly hadn't thought of it. They have five 'tentatives', three of which are 'probablies', they're going to keep one, and we might take one. That still leaves 4-6 at minimum, so...

YayTacori said:
What! How How How can they miss that! Sheesh! Well, on the plus side I'm sure those puppies are just darling!!! Goodness, the handful they're gonna be before you can get them adopted to good families!

They're SO. CUTE. I don't want to post their pics but we might go down to see them this weekend, and I'll be sure to take lots of my own if we do!!
What a crazy situation you have going on there!

We see a lot of pregnant pups on death row, it's so sad. This lady is lucky she ended up in loving hands!

If your DH searches for things like Foster Home Finders and (YourState) Rescues, he should find an awesome network of people who can help. I help run a FB page that finds fosters for local pups on death row, and we often post requests from people who are in your parents' situation with an unexpected litter of puppies. The good news is that puppies are easier to rehome than full-grown dogs, that's for sure!

I can't wait to see pictures! You and DH should totally adopt a puppy. Or two. :devil:

Thank you to your parents for rescuing a dog in need, by the way!

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if I should get my ears pierced. I'm scared!!!

Matata, I'm going to see the movie soon and I'm excited! It is homework for the presidency class.

ascari_2

Shiny_Rock
28935.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My birthday is coming up very soon and i just discovered a small jewelry box deep deep inside DH's closet, where i was searching for a sweater that he claims he has lost :errrr: I haven't opened it......yet :Up_to_something:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
natyLad|1353337203|3310093 said:
My birthday is coming up very soon and i just discovered a small jewelry box deep deep inside DH's closet, where i was searching for a sweater that he claims he has lost :errrr: I haven't opened it......yet :Up_to_something:

It's so hard not to open it, but he probably wants to be able see your true reaction! Be good just a little longer..... :wavey:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
isaku5|1353338176|3310106 said:
natyLad|1353337203|3310093 said:

It's so hard not to open it, but he probably wants to be able see your true reaction! Be good just a little longer..... :wavey:

That's what i keep telling to myself Isaku!!! ;))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone left what looks like a theater (or maybe puppet theater) set piece propped up against a tree in front of my house... it was just sitting there when I got home from work this evening. :confused:

Does anyone want a 4X5 foot-ish cutout of the Old London skyline in the fog? It could would probably make a nice - albeit unusual - headboard... :mrgreen:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1353379777|3310708 said:
Someone left what looks like a theater (or maybe puppet theater) set piece propped up against a tree in front of my house... it was just sitting there when I got home from work this evening. :confused:

Does anyone want a 4X5 foot-ish cutout of the Old London skyline in the fog? It could would probably make a nice - albeit unusual - headboard... :mrgreen:

:confused: This is just bizarre. Maybe your local elementary school would like it?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1353381766|3310724 said:

:confused: This is just bizarre. Maybe your local elementary school would like it?

Great idea! I'll send a note to my local elementary school to see if it might be theirs! I live less than 2 blocks from a community theater, and already sent them a note. I want to put it on my porch in case it rains tonight, but I really don't want to get stuck with this - LOL!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Say WHAT?! That's so bizarre!

I love the idea to try to donate it to a local school. But I'd *really* love to know the story of how it ended up on your front lawn!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a bit down right now. My dh got an estimate to fix our backyard and it is just way too much and more than we want to spend so back to the drawing board. Sigh. :((

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Fix it how? Are you doing cosmetic stuff or really overhauling? Is there a way you do mix some DIY and some professional stuff to get it within budget?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
princesss|1353451066|3311412 said:
Fix it how? Are you doing cosmetic stuff or really overhauling? Is there a way you do mix some DIY and some professional stuff to get it within budget?

Well, our whole backyard was demolished. The deck, all the pavers, everything. We need to first fix the bulkhead as it got a bit damaged during the storm (our professional bulkheader promises to take care of this next week) and then figure out a safe new design of the deck that can withstand the next storm. We are hoping to rebuild our brazilian walnut deck (it was just built in May 2012) and we can reuse some of it but need to order some more. And we need to rebuild all the stone pavers. I don't think I want to redo all the grass we had as it's too hard to maintain. It took so long to get it just right. Now it has to be totally redone and not sure I want to bother with that. We can do the planting of the plants/small trees etc in the spring. We had such pretty plantings. But that's the small ticket items we can do ourselves. Basically it's the epay deck and the stone pavers. We plan on doing what we can ourselves but we need professionals for the deck and pavers.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
missy -- I hope you find a good solution for your backyard. Sounds devastating.

I just asked DH to block ebay through our router. Need to get some work done, but hunting for deals is ridiculously addictive. Especially with the excuse of "I'm looking for great holidays presents." Uff.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
My computer was being screwey so I haven't been able to post much lately.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Today is my anniversary.

Today my husband received an email that his dad had a mental break last week and came home from the hospital today. He is currently on leave from work and probably won't be returning.

FILs behaviour has always been hurtful, but lately it had become intolerable. I believe I actually hate the man.

I don't really know how to resolve all of the feelings going on here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks gemfever. I hear you on the ebay issue- it's distracting. But not as much as PS is for me haha.

Sorry you are going through this chemgirl.

DF- :love: (That diamond costs much less than the estimate is to fix our backyard .. :blackeye: )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it bad that I measure cost of almost everything in terms of how much bling I could buy with that money? :oops:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
missy -- I'm guilty of that too :halo:

I'm sorry that you're going to have to spend so much to fix your yard... but man, you must have a nice yard! ::)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
missy|1353492208|3311828 said:
Is it bad that I measure cost of almost everything in terms of how much bling I could buy with that money? :oops:

Not bad at all - it's just the Pricescope way! :wink2:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
A garbage truck pulled over a tree in front of my house this morning. The roots were pretty much gone on it. A branch got caught in the truck and over it went, taking some of my neighbor's power lines with it.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet|1353507222|3311924 said:
A garbage truck pulled over a tree in front of my house this morning. The roots were pretty much gone on it. A branch got caught in the truck and over it went, taking some of my neighbor's power lines with it.

It sounds like you caught a lucky break there Kismet - if the tree was that far gone, it could easily have toppled towards your house or onto your cars or whatever. I hope there wasn't too much incidental damage!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1353487684|3311814 said:
Thanks gemfever. I hear you on the ebay issue- it's distracting. But not as much as PS is for me haha.

DF- :love: (That diamond costs much less than the estimate is to fix our backyard .. :blackeye: )
won't your insurance Co. cover the cost?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1353520781|3312178 said:
missy|1353487684|3311814 said:

won't your insurance Co. cover the cost?

Not a penny.
The flood insurance covers floods from the outside in to the dwelling and contents but excludes decks/patios/bulkheads/sidewalks specifically.
Our homeowners covers dwelling and contents but excludes any kind of damage caused by floods. Homeowners includes fire, theft, accidents, wind, hurricanes with certain exceptions.

Sad. But thankful no real damage was done to our house. It's just going to be painfully expensive to rebuild our backyard. :(sad

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH Missy - that sucks BIG TIME! I'm sorry that you are going to be responsible for rebuilding that gorgeous back yard, at your own cost :blackeye: Bummer! And I totally do the same thing - "what? A generator is $1300? Hey - that could be a XXXXX I just saw on preloved, or on PS!" Oh, I have the very same train of thought when I look at a larger price tag!

DF - Merry Christmas - hope Santa brings you what you are hoping for .... twinkle twinkle, little diamond.... :D

Chemgirl - that is so hard to have all that family stuff piled onto your anniversary. I'm sorry you are going thru all that. Just take a break from involvement with him and know that when you do see him, know he is not a well person. Maybe that may help.... fingers crossed things improve....

Kismet - that must have been a shock to see the tree just 'get up and go' with the garbage!! YIKES!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results