carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1318253478|3037020 said:
DH woke up wearing 3 pairs of underwear today! I think the guy might be a sleepwalker.

OMG that's hilarious! :bigsmile:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I made a lasagna for the first time ever. I don't think it turned out well which wouldn't be a big deal except I live with Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond aka my MIL. Oh please let it at least taste good ;(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fiery|1318280427|3037232 said:
I made a lasagna for the first time ever. I don't think it turned out well which wouldn't be a big deal except I live with Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond aka my MIL. Oh please let it at least taste good ;(

oh no, I feel for you girl! I hope it tastes great!!!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Boys are stupid. That is all.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I hope this "order" situation gets resolved in a satisfactory manner. Namely, I really want my item and hope that it is delivered soon and without the drama I may be in for.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
missy|1318280995|3037243 said:
fiery|1318280427|3037232 said:

oh no, I feel for you girl! I hope it tastes great!!!!!

It actually did turn out great. Marie had seconds ;-)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decided to go a bit funky modern with powder room update so I just ordered these sconces & ceiling fixture.

lighting universe.jpg

fr51010pcm.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
I have a head cold and I am miserable.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
April20|1318742494|3041360 said:
I have a head cold and I am miserable.
I'm sorry to hear that. Im miserable as well, I've apparently developed allergies, and have a sore throat and nearly lost my voice. Fi has been picking on me all evening. He keeps making his voice super low, so it's lower than mine.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cat Maya snores. It sounds like little snuffles and it's soooo cute!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
This weekend I had beef ravioli with sweet potatoes on top and it was amazing!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1318864507|3041992 said:
This weekend I had beef ravioli with sweet potatoes on top and it was amazing!

I love a good sweet potato, microwaved, with butter. Yum!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yahooooo! DH has finally seen the light (meaning I have broken him down through months of logical discourse :halo: ) and given the green light to replace our kitchen tile counters with granite. I'm going to arrange for installation today. I chose the granite a long time ago knowing he would eventually capitulate :devil: I've got to order a new bar sink and new faucets. Tis a lovely day in the Matata household.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1318867905|3042010 said:
Yahooooo! DH has finally seen the light (meaning I have broken him down through months of logical discourse :halo: ) and given the green light to replace our kitchen tile counters with granite. I'm going to arrange for installation today. I chose the granite a long time ago knowing he would eventually capitulate :devil: I've got to order a new bar sink and new faucets. Tis a lovely day in the Matata household.

We need pics when it's complete!

I, too, have had to wear DH down on some things. They almost always see the light eventually!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a bad recession in my country. Many people have lost their jobs,all the rest of us who haven't lost our jobs we have seen our salaries dropping significantly and more and more taxes are being added every day by the government in an unsuccessful effort to deal with the situation. Everybody feels more or less depressed and it's understandable.In this sad atmosphere, i don't feel like wearing any pieces of my jewelry...I have taken off my diamond wedding set and my diamond tennis bracelet, gave them to my dad and asked him to put them in his safety deposit box.I'm only wearing a small pink sapphire and diamond ring, with which my DH proposed to me and my plain WG wedding band.
In the mean time, my dad had a loose blue sapphire for many years and he had it set for me in an 18kt WG ring, without telling me anything. He gave me the ring a few days ago and even though i really love it (it looks like the twin sister of my diamond ER!), i can't feel happy about it. Very bad timing... :(

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Murphy's law:

You will only have a sudden attack of the indian food from last night when you are already running late for work. :nono:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I splurged and bought the Grohe Ladylux for the kitchen main sink and the prep sink in the island. Could have bought a nice colored stone for less money :shock:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
So more contact from DH's ex. This time its good...in theory...

Dh had payed for a semester of her tuition + living expenses when they broke up so she could finish her degree. There was an understanding that she'd pay it back, but its been years and we didn't think we'd see the money. Well guess what we found in the mail today? A nice letter and a check for $100. Its a far cry from the thousands that she owes him, but hey, its a start.

I was thrilled when I noticed it was sent to our old address. That means she doesn't have our new contact information!

I can't shake the feeling that she's up to something.

At this rate it will be 5+ years of letters.

Don't know what to think.

April20

Ideal_Rock
We had a crazy hail storm this afternoon. Lasted nearly ten minutes. I was on the balcony taking pics like a crazy person until the wind changed angles and it started pelting me.

IMG_3333.JPG

IMG_3337.JPG

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1318995814|3043223 said:

Dh had payed for a semester of her tuition + living expenses when they broke up so she could finish her degree. There was an understanding that she'd pay it back, but its been years and we didn't think we'd see the money. Well guess what we found in the mail today? A nice letter and a check for $100. Its a far cry from the thousands that she owes him, but hey, its a start.

I was thrilled when I noticed it was sent to our old address. That means she doesn't have our new contact information!

Trust your instincts!!!

Burn the check. Don't respond. If you're feeling cautious (and I would if I were in your place) you could even make sure the post office won't give out your address to anyone (like the returned mail with new address provided).

We're dealing with an Ex too.... still.

Contact from her is NEVER a good thing, sometimes neutral, and often bad.
Even the stuff that looks good isn't.

Your sanity and happiness is worth a LOT more than any of the $$$ your Dh gave her.
It wouldn't JUST be cashing the checks -- you know she'd email/call/text (maybe even visit if in the area).

Keep in mind that my response here is most definitely a reflection of the Ex we've been dealing with

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1319061791|3043762 said:
chemgirl|1318995814|3043223 said:

Trust your instincts!!!

Burn the check. Don't respond. If you're feeling cautious (and I would if I were in your place) you could even make sure the post office won't give out your address to anyone (like the returned mail with new address provided).

We're dealing with an Ex too.... still.

Contact from her is NEVER a good thing, sometimes neutral, and often bad.
Even the stuff that looks good isn't.

Your sanity and happiness is worth a LOT more than any of the $$$ your Dh gave her.
It wouldn't JUST be cashing the checks -- you know she'd email/call/text (maybe even visit if in the area).

Keep in mind that my response here is most definitely a reflection of the Ex we've been dealing with

No worries, I feel the same way.

Unfortunately DH cashed the check and sent her a thank you email. He thinks she might be trying to show that she's supportive after causing so much trouble. They were best friends in highschool and then dated for 7 ish years off and on so he's always willing to give her another chance.

Actually that's probably why they dated for so long when she was cheating on him...he's too willing to forgive and forget.

I'm not forgetting how she advised him not to marry me several times, posted lies on facebook to make me jealous, and asked him to move back in with her when we were living together :roll:

They don't work together anymore, so that should be it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it just me, or is Christin Chenowith - this weeks DWTS musical guest -- a really mediocre singer?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am frustrated. I was supposed to receive custom earrings from a much loved PS vendor today (waiting 5 weeks) but when I emailed them about the progress last week I was told the jeweler was traveling so all projects would be somewhat delayed. Thing is, I have not received a new arrival date and these are from the custom selection on their website so not really custom (that is, not designed by me at all) and I was told I would have them in 5 weeks. Now, I would think the jeweler knew when he was taking vacation when I made the order and deposit 5 weeks ago right? And if I had not contacted them last week when would they have told me of the delay?

Part of me can't help thinking that part of the reason for the delay and no new date specification is that for them this is not a big $$$ project and their customers who are spending more money come first- though for me it is a lot of money given our circumstances and my jewelry purchases have been much less frequent because of this so each purchase is a big deal for me.

Sigh, I know these earrings will be gorgeous and I have the utmost confidence in their jewelry and reputation but I really wish they would be good about deadlines KWIM? I am not the most patient person on a good day and I thought 5 weeks was pretty long to begin with for this project. I now just want a date when they will be finally finished and hope it's soon! I have emailed them a few times about the new projected finish date but have not received this info yet (though in response they sent pics of the CAD's to hold me over) and I do not want to be a pain as I really love their jewelry. :(( My dh tells me to hold tight and be patient but I really need communication as to when these will be finished but I guess I have to have faith they will be done soon.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I get to see Anthony Bourdain speak tomorrow night! I can't freaking wait. I don't get all giddy about most celebrities, but I think he's hilarious and in a dream world I'd do exactly what he does (only, since it's a dream world, I'd just magically have all of his kitchen experience so that I could have his job NOW).

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1319553679|3047232 said:
I get to see Anthony Bourdain speak tomorrow night! I can't freaking wait. I don't get all giddy about most celebrities, but I think he's hilarious and in a dream world I'd do exactly what he does (only, since it's a dream world, I'd just magically have all of his kitchen experience so that I could have his job NOW).

Oh WOW! I am so jealous! I am a huge fan of his!!!!

I love how he inserts Simpsons references in his show from time to time.

Have a great time!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have had to completely restructure my diet due to food allergy issues, and I started this week and I feel a million times better! ::)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1319827726|3049516 said:
I have had to completely restructure my diet due to food allergy issues, and I started this week and I feel a million times better! ::)

That's awesome. :appl: I can totally relate. A few years ago I restructured my diet based on sugar intake and it made me feel a million times better. I hope you stick with what is working for you. It makes such a big difference!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dragonfly and Mary Poppins -- was it hard to change the way you eat? I can imagine it would be...

-------------------------------

We're supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow night and into Sunday! It's October...MUCH too early for this kind of weather.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1319553679|3047232 said:

That's cool! I don't know if you're planning on doing a thread on your trip but I know I'd love to hear all about it (and I can't be the only one!). Care to share? :bigsmile:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
GAH! The mail from my old address is being redirected to my current address. That in itself is fantastic. What's not so great is that its then being redirected to the old tenant of my current address. Now to find out where my online shoppings ended up...oh wait...the post office help line isn't open until Monday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results