shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just told a friend I was going to p*mp out my place for summer.

He asked what I was going to do...big screen tv, or outdoor bar, or surround sound...

Nope, we're getting a new airconditioner.

I feel old.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the belated gemgirl!!

I'm currently drinking the most delicious tea.

My power went out last night, again. No fan. I can't sleep with out a stinkin fan. I NEED A FAN. When I go camping, I bring a fan that runs of 4 D batteries. I go through like $20 worth of batteries in a weekend, but it's worth it.

Anyway...

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Warning-vent-

Why do people act like house shopping is fun?! DH and I (well, me, really) have been looking to purchase our first home since OCTOBER!! and I seriously feel like giving up. Im so frustrated with looking, and I just want to be moved already. Methinks I need a break.

That is all.

ETA- edited because my brain is mush.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, i need to vent without attacking anybody,so i came here to post, sorry guys...
There is this new poster who seems to be extremely excited and proud of the new ER that he had made for his fiancee...He started a thread on the ring in SMTB and ever since he started posting on other people's threads (the posts are three or four words long max) and attaching the link to his own thread. Is it just my pregnancy and the high hormone levels or is this totally unacceptable, rude, stupid and enervating? :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :nono: :nono: :nono:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. Goodness.

I'm glad for his sake that his fiancee likes her ring (and to be fair, why wouldn't she - it's gorgeous!) - I'm sure he could have taken it if she hadn't!

Here's hoping an admin pulls him aside for a little etiquette lesson.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1303189086|2899781 said:
Oh. My. Goodness.

I'm glad for his sake that his fiancee likes her ring (and to be fair, why wouldn't she - it's gorgeous!) - I'm sure he could have taken it if she hadn't!

Here's hoping an admin pulls him aside for a little etiquette lesson.

VRBeauty, thank you for getting my point and confirming that i'm not crazy to be thinking this way, because i was afraid that i was being the bad guy here...By the way, he just did it again on another thread in RT... :nono:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're not crazy Naty, but... perhaps we could consider it a case of seriously misguided enthusiasm, for now? Hopefully he'll tire of his little game soon, or maybe somebody will find a polite/oblique way to set him straight!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Vent: Why do men act like spoiled little babies when they don't get their way? We're adults. Act like it.

Vent over.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1303187737|2899771 said:
Alright, i need to vent without attacking anybody,so i came here to post, sorry guys...
There is this new poster who seems to be extremely excited and proud of the new ER that he had made for his fiancee...He started a thread on the ring in SMTB and ever since he started posting on other people's threads (the posts are three or four words long max) and attaching the link to his own thread. Is it just my pregnancy and the high hormone levels or is this totally unacceptable, rude, stupid and enervating? :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Ugh! This has been driving me nuts too (and I'm not hormonal)! I wanted to say something to him but couldnt think of
anything that wasnt rude so didnt so... I guess I'll be rude now and talk about him behind his back :shock:.

I am glad that he loves his ring but enough already!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1303226913|2900006 said:

Ugh! This has been driving me nuts too (and I'm not hormonal)! I wanted to say something to him but couldnt think of
anything that wasnt rude so didnt so... I guess I'll be rude now and talk about him behind his back :shock:.

I'm telling you tyty, if he does it one more time, i'll leave him a comment that will send the message. I guess we were all new here once and we're all proud of our rings, but i haven't seen any other PS member ever doing such a thing...And i am convinced that he's not genuinely interested in commenting on the other threads. He just leaves there three or four words, so that he can get the excuse to attach the link to his own thread... As you said: "Enough Already".

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, in good news, I had two second author publications accepted. However, in bad news, I might be losing my job due to higher up politics and outsourcing - in an industry that has been falling apart (pharmaceutical).

Will need a bottle of wine to celebrate and drown out the sorrow.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
kama_s|1303242125|2900301 said:
So, in good news, I had two second author publications accepted. However, in bad news, I might be losing my job due to higher up politics and outsourcing - in an industry that has been falling apart (pharmaceutical).

Will need a bottle of wine to celebrate and drown out the sorrow.

Eek, congrats on the publications and good luck with the job situation. Hopefully the higher ups realize that outsourcing is a hassle and its easier to keep their trained employees.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

I know what you mean. I'm just chalking it up to a new poster who's very excited about his ring and not familiar with board etiquette. I most just snicker to myself since a few of the threads have been for extremely high quality pieces. His ring is lovely, but in some of the cases begging the comparison isn't the right move.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1303254744|2900485 said:

I know what you mean. I'm just chalking it up to a new poster who's very excited about his ring and not familiar with board etiquette. I most just snicker to myself since a few of the threads have been for extremely high quality pieces. His ring is lovely, but in some of the cases begging the comparison isn't the right move.

So glad to see that others have noticed this poster. I have been updating SMTR threads and when I scroll through the new rings posted I have noticed this poster as well... lol

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I just found out that my 10 month old will be having surgery next week....I am SCARED to death. I am SOOOO no good with blood (I am a fainter) and I will be required to clean/pack his wounds for the next few weeks. :(( ;( :errrr:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lbbaber|1303330654|2901127 said:
I just found out that my 10 month old will be having surgery next week....I am SCARED to death. I am SOOOO no good with blood (I am a fainter) and I will be required to clean/pack his wounds for the next few weeks. :(( ;( :errrr:

Oh, lbbaber, i hope everything goes smooth and very well...<<HUGS>>...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lbbaber said:

Oh no :(sad prayers to you, Will be thinking of your baby next week. Wishing for a speedy recovery.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lbbaber - dust for your little one and his medical team! And... I'm sure that you will find the courage you need to look after your son and care for his wounds. Good luck!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Lots of dust sent your way. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. I'm sorry you're going through this.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aw, hugs to you lbbaber, I'm sorry to hear this, and I'll be keeping your LO in my thoughts for a successful surgery and speedy recovery...so hard to see our kids go through things like this...but you'll do ok, somehow we moms manage to find strength for situations like this that we didn't know we had!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, thank you everyone for the kind words. I have tried to express my fears w/my husband (actually, we were getting married---just a small ceremony-- next week and now the ceremony will be put off a few more weeks) but he is so nervous about this himself that he doesnt want to talk about it. He simply says, we can do it. Thank you for letting me express my fear.

It is comforting to see that there are such kind people in this world. Thanks again, LBB

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
::HUGS:: lbbaber, and prayers and dust for you, your little one, and your DH.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of hugs and prayers lbbaber!

I'm so excited as my sister got engaged on Tuesday!! Her FI bought a gorgeous ring and the two of them are so happy. I'm just thrilled for them!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lbbaber|1303337189|2901244 said:
Wow, thank you everyone for the kind words. I have tried to express my fears w/my husband (actually, we were getting married---just a small ceremony-- next week and now the ceremony will be put off a few more weeks) but he is so nervous about this himself that he doesnt want to talk about it. He simply says, we can do it. Thank you for letting me express my fear.

It is comforting to see that there are such kind people in this world. Thanks again, LBB

Big hugs to you and your family...when it comes to doing something for your little one you will find strength you never knew you
had. Will be thinking about your and your little one.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I just found out yesterday that we are temporarily relocating to South Africa for at least three months starting June 1. As in six weeks from now. I'm a little overwhelmed at how much I have to do before we leave.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wow, big stuff going on for PSers! *dust* to everybody coping with stressful situations.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Llbaber -- I hope your little guy recovers quickly.

April -- wow, that's quite the job transfer, huh? And you got only 6 weeks notice?! :o

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm on vacation for a week and I'm psyched. I don't have any fabulous travel plans but I'm happy to have some time off before the home stretch til the end of the year.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1303510629|2902886 said:
Llbaber -- I hope your little guy recovers quickly.

April -- wow, that's quite the job transfer, huh? And you got only 6 weeks notice?! :o

We knew an international move was a real possibility, we just didn't know when or where. Here we go I guess!

We're trying to figure out international cell phones now. Fun stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results