clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
TooPatient|1302194814|2890221 said:
ltl|1302152041|2889933 said:
TooPatient|1302149673|2889923 said:
hawaiianorangetree|1302139171|2889731 said:
It rained for the first time in over 2.5 months here in Perth this morning. I'm so excited to have jeans, shoes and a jumper on! :cheeky:

You want some of ours?
We just had one of the wettest month-of-March EVER for this area (I think 5th wettest ever?).... and that's sayin' something.

And.....
It is snowing here now :rolleyes: :nono:
It's been up in the 40s-50s for weeks!

Some days I just hate living in this area.... The explorers may have had a point when they said it is too wet of a place for anyone civilized to live :sick:

ETA: feel free to remind me of how cold/wet/miserable I am right now when summer comes and it hits 90 :knockout:

I've decided it's really February--and with that context--it's really nice that it's SO LIGHT out at 6pm at night... Or maybe I'm just going slowly crazy.

PS took a picture of the wet snow on my deck at 7:30 tonight.

Yeah... not bad for February around here.

I thought about taking a picture but just didn't feel like bothering. A picture would have meant opening the door to that miserably cold/wet-awfulness. It is really impressive how WET it can be while still being cold enough for snow to stick. There is just no way to get/stay warm around here. (I'm currently at work in my 77 degree office wearing a long sleave shirt with a fuzzy fleece over the top and am STILL cold :nono: )

You're not going crazy..... you're already there. All of us here are for living in this dark, soggy place.

ETA: You must be here in the Seattle area too?

:wavey:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Why oh why couldn't my dentist have discovered that my wisdom teeth (that were removed 10 years ago!) didn't heal properly two years ago when I had fantastic dental coverage? Now I have to pay out of pocket for a periodondist.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
This week I have:
Been house sitting two dogs, one dachshund and one walker hound. They are both indoor dogs who insist on sharing a bed with me. They are both hyper. They both sleep ON ME.

Worked two jobs.

Cleaned people's food mess.

Taken an exam.

Taken a mid term.

Taken a test.

Written an essay.

Gone to class.

Cooked dinner.

Gone to put our old old family dog down.

Given a massage.

Worked out for at least 1/2 hour every day but yesterday.

Prepped for planting seeds for my veggie and herb garden.

Fed four horses every morning and cleaned stalls.

:snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore:

OK, today has been brought to you by:

"14lb kitty that thinks he is smaller than he is"

photo.JPG

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean|1302272920|2891030 said:
OK, today has been brought to you by:

"14lb kitty that thinks he is smaller than he is"

Oh! He looks just like my Squeaky!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1302271482|2891020 said:
This week I have:

This week you've been Superwoman! I hope the weekend give you a chance to rest!

And I'm very sorry to hear about the family dog, and that that sad duty fell to you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
APPPLELE.jpg

... No photoshop involved.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
My DVR has recorded an entire afternoon's worth of House's that I have never seen yet....woo hoooooooo!!!!! (it's the little things in life that make my day)

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1302284042|2891227 said:
APPPLELE.jpg

Is that an adult size hand? WOW :shock:

I think that's also a case of "14lb apple.. thinks it's smaller than it is" :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ibabber - that's my hand! That thing was monstrous... bean - lol :bigsmile:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1302284185|2891234 said:
Yssie|1302284042|2891227 said:
APPPLELE.jpg

Is that an adult size hand? WOW :shock:

That's unnatural.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean|1302284416|2891239 said:
I think that's also a case of "14lb apple.. thinks it's smaller than it is" :bigsmile:

Ha! That cracked me up.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ex is at it again. She emailed DH a happy birthday message last week while she was on vacation in China. Yes, she took time out of her vacation to email him. She also offered to take him out for a birthday lunch once she gets back.

He didn't respond.

Then this morning she emailed him to ask which company he uses for international money transfers. Granted she probably doesn't know that many people who are familiar with them, but why can't she just ask her bank or look up a company online?

He responded to that one and I'm super frustrated because I think it was just her way of getting a response out of him after he ignored her birthday wishes.

Grrrrrrrrr

I almost wish she did something creepy so we could actually get a restraining order.

Rant over.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about the situation Chemgirl.
I don't think your dh should respond to her emails at all. For any reason. Otherwise she might never stop contacting him trying to get his attention.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
missy|1302436036|2892440 said:
Sorry about the situation Chemgirl.
I don't think your dh should respond to her emails at all. For any reason. Otherwise she might never stop contacting him trying to get his attention.

Exactly what I think.

He felt guilty about ignoring a direct question when she asked for help.

He doesn't really get that girls can be manipulative.

For example, there was a girl who liked him a lot when we started dating (not the ex, just a random girl, he's pretty cute). She "accidentally" texted him professing her love, and then after about and hour, wrote "oops! I was supposed to send that to so and so." She claimed that she wanted to text a girlfriend about it, not him. He totally believes this girl and felt bad for her. I think it was done on purpose so he would know how she felt before things went any further with me...you never text your "crush" and profess your love by accident. Especially not when he's on a first date with somebody else.

Just an example of how naive he can be sometimes.

He thought his ex genuinely needed help so he wanted to help her. He never considered that she was emailing him to get a response after he ignored her.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Just a little brag -- I got offered a position on a journal at my law school tonight :) not law review, that competition isn't for a couple weeks, but reassuring all that time with the bluebook was worth it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
suchende|1302503048|2893072 said:
Just a little brag -- I got offered a position on a journal at my law school tonight :) not law review, that competition isn't for a couple weeks, but reassuring all that time with the bluebook was worth it.

Congratulations Suchende! That's awesome!

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Zoe! I really needed a win right now.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Suchende!!!

I put a dent in my truck this weekend by backing into my grandmother's car. I think she pretended not to be upset b/c she knows my entire life is injured because I marred my perfect truck possibly for life. I crumpled her bumper like a tin can and she waved it off as nothing. Sometimes I love her.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Dragonfly, I am sorry. Someone backed into the front of us last weekend. I felt so bad for her, she was here because he Dad
is dying.

The funny thing was, hubby wanted her to turn around (she was kinda in the street, to make a right hand turn). Now hubby is a
Capt. at a fire department. So he gets out in the middle of the street and holds he hands out to stop traffic, in shorts and tennis shoes!
I was cracking up. He got back into the car after getting her turned around and all the info and stuff, and I said, 'you do realize
you were out there without your 'magic suit' (uniform) and no fire truck behind you. He said 'Yeah, it's so auto-pilot, but I was ready
to dive out of the way at the last second!" What a picture. That will give me the giggles for a while.

I was hoping that there wasn't much damage to the bumper so we could just let it go, but the brackets that hold the bumper on
snapped so we will have to get it fixed. Was hoping we could give the girl a break.

I have some studs coming from BGD too.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Today is my birthday. Last night my iphone went swimming. It's working, but I have to use speaker phone. My morning went like this : woke up had to have people call house phone to wake up b/c iphone was in rice and it's my alarm. Those who called to wake me up insisted on singing to me at 7:00 AM over the phone. Got up, took shower, fed horses, looked for house keys.... didn't find house keys.... threw sweats on b/c I had to pick up my mom's dog. Thought didn't occur to me that with my house keys missing... I couldn't get in to get him. Drove to mom's house. No keys. FML. Drove back to house, gas lights come on... great. Hunt for keys like a Tazmanian devil on steroids. No keys. Throw on clothes, put hair in bun b/c I no longer have time to do makeup or hair. Let horses out. Get extra key to mom's house. Leave again. I have to be at work by 10. It is now 9:09. Stop to get gas, only pumps open are for other side so I need to turn around. Guy blocking the turn around. Finally turn around and the pump easiest to get to is broken. back up, go to alternate pump. Watch as two crusty yucky old men wave and whistle at me. Gross. Try to make phone calls... phone only works on speaker. Get to mom's, can't find leash for dog. 9:25. Get dog loaded. Catch the slowest cars to be behind on the way home, I'm talking 40 in a 55 zone. Get home, let dogs out. Look for keys again. No keys. FML. Leave house. 9:53. Let know work over speaker phone I'll be late. Get to work. Realize I forgot my work clothes for job 2 and forgot my makeup. Phone nearly dead b/c it hasn't charged.

Get to work and life gets better b/c there's a giant double chocolate mousse cupcake and starbucks on my desk from my co worker.

Now I feel sick.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
God bless your co-worker! Did that at least make you feel a little better, Dragonfly, or is that what made you feel sick?

Hope it gets better for the rest of the week! {{{{{hugs}}}}}

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1302794170|2895857 said:
God bless your co-worker! Did that at least make you feel a little better, Dragonfly, or is that what made you feel sick?

Hope it gets better for the rest of the week! {{{{{hugs}}}}}

I think the icing is making me sick but only due to lack of food in me beforehand.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1302792508|2895849 said:
Today is my birthday. Last night my iphone went swimming. It's working, but I have to use speaker phone. My morning went like this : woke up had to have people call house phone to wake up b/c iphone was in rice and it's my alarm. Those who called to wake me up insisted on singing to me at 7:00 AM over the phone. Got up, took shower, fed horses, looked for house keys.... didn't find house keys.... threw sweats on b/c I had to pick up my mom's dog. Thought didn't occur to me that with my house keys missing... I couldn't get in to get him. Drove to mom's house. No keys. FML. Drove back to house, gas lights come on... great. Hunt for keys like a Tazmanian devil on steroids. No keys. Throw on clothes, put hair in bun b/c I no longer have time to do makeup or hair. Let horses out. Get extra key to mom's house. Leave again. I have to be at work by 10. It is now 9:09. Stop to get gas, only pumps open are for other side so I need to turn around. Guy blocking the turn around. Finally turn around and the pump easiest to get to is broken. back up, go to alternate pump. Watch as two crusty yucky old men wave and whistle at me. Gross. Try to make phone calls... phone only works on speaker. Get to mom's, can't find leash for dog. 9:25. Get dog loaded. Catch the slowest cars to be behind on the way home, I'm talking 40 in a 55 zone. Get home, let dogs out. Look for keys again. No keys. FML. Leave house. 9:53. Let know work over speaker phone I'll be late. Get to work. Realize I forgot my work clothes for job 2 and forgot my makeup. Phone nearly dead b/c it hasn't charged.

Get to work and life gets better b/c there's a giant double chocolate mousse cupcake and starbucks on my desk from my co worker.

Now I feel sick.

Happy Birthday!!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Spilled water all over myself.

Thank you Chemgirl.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish someone would just declare "data" and "criteria" to be both singular and plural nouns.

By fiat.

Just do it and get it over with.

Save editors and editees a lot of trouble, and give the hyper-correct one less thing over which to fret -- or crow! :wink2:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A belated happy birthday to you dragonfly! I'm sorry I'm late with my wishes for you. I haven't been on the computer much lately.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to kill my dog.

In two weeks she has busted three toenails, gone to the vet FIVE times, chewed off FIVE bandages, destroyed two e-collars, and racked up a total of $425 in bills.

All for three stupid little nails.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to stop at my local nursery today. Just being there lifted my mood!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results