shape
carat
color
clarity

I joined the 2 carat club! Aka, third time is the charm

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I’m back. After thinking I was absolutely in love with the 1.62 carat F VS1 diamond I ordered, I found myself still checking out Rarecarat to see what new diamond were coming in. Don’t get me wrong- the 1.62 carat diamond was perfect in every way- wonderful portions, totally icy white, inclusions almost impossible to find even with a loupe, truly an ideal find.
In my search, I came across a 2.14 carat H color, SI1 for about the same price as my 1.62. After my experience with a very tinted J, I was apprehensive, further, it’s hard to find a “good” SI1, especially in lab diamonds... I plugged the numbers into the HCA, to my shock it came back at solid 1.4, even better, the cert indicated qualified as a heats and arrows cut, and all the angles were completely within PS ideals.
A7439DD3-7306-46F6-922E-E32CFFD0D514.jpeg
1DC1E522-4617-4231-A286-201ED14841CA.png
I was dying to see it in person. I ordered it, canceled, chatted with the customer service reps and they agreed to send it to me loose, and let me compare it to the 1.62 (I am probably their least favorite customer, but they stayed polite and professional the whole time). It arrived! I was shocked- this diamond is a truly good SI1! There are no inclusions on the table, and the largest clarity characteristic is a clear feather near the crown- I can spot in from about 4 inches away if I tilt the diamond just so. Even better, it faces up very white but with a wonderful depth I don’t think the F quite had. I kept the loose diamond for a whole week just so I could see it in other lighting environments (even took it to work!); although it wasn’t completely colorless in every environment the tint it did show was akin to the liquid mercury look I’ve heard others on PS talk about but had never seen in person. Here’s a picture of it by the F.
4FD1F132-3763-4618-860D-9B64131289AB.jpeg
Unlike the J, I found the color to be charming, more “real”, and it just has the most incredible sparkle, and colored light return I’ve ever seen in a diamond; The icing on the cake was the fat arrows! I confirmed with Yadav that I would be exchanging the 1.62 for the 2.14. So, without further ado, here she is- sorry my pics are rough, it’s hot out and the flowers aren’t in bloom for glamour shots:
DB0D4F5F-3A93-4191-8D85-52F64C9A6745.jpeg 3AC97E4E-A294-461C-8A16-14731068AD6E.jpeg 277529BD-9D88-4BC3-AC16-149B76B0C260.jpeg 6360BA5B-AF83-4041-8B6E-9ABD55651694.jpeg
I’m a sentimental fool too- my daughter was born in 2014, her name starts with H so that fact that it is a 2.14 carat H is a lovely piece of serendipity.

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!! So excited for you!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful! Enjoy!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh I love it!!! Did they let you pay the $$ difference to exchange? Or did it cost extra?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh I love it!!! Did they let you pay the $$ difference to exchange? Or did it cost extra?
Aren’t the fat arrows to die for? This purchase has really shown me there are good SI1s, even from IGI. It is so eye clean in person, I’m shocked!
They are being incredibly nice and letting me do an exchange, even though it’s slightly outside the exchange period. They even have paid return shipping for the other ring. I know I had a few issues with them before, but assuming my return is processed promptly, I would have no hesitations recommending Yadav to anyone on this board.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome :))

Looks very white on the hand, and a good size jump!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome :))

Looks very white on the hand, and a good size jump!

Thanks! The last diamond didn’t feel like as much of an upgrade as I hoped- probably because I wore a 7.5 mm moissanite for so long (it’s been my go to size for nearly a decade although there have been several rings, from several vendors), and the visual difference wasn’t as much as I anticipated.
I never thought I’d want that jump to 2 carats, but there is something very satisfying about that extra half carat that makes it officially feel like an upgrade.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! The last diamond didn’t feel like as much of an upgrade as I hoped- probably because I wore a 7.5 mm moissanite for so long (it’s been my go to size for nearly a decade although there have been several rings, from several vendors), and the visual difference wasn’t as much as I anticipated.
I never thought I’d want that jump to 2 carats, but there is something very satisfying about that extra half carat that makes it officially feel like an upgrade.

Nice :)

Sometimes only exactly what we want will do! :D

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you! She’s beautiful!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

Thanks! It really took seeing a few diamonds in person to find the right one.
Just curious, I saw your post about diamond fire today- are you still happy with your new diamond?

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! It really took seeing a few diamonds in person to find the right one.
Just curious, I saw your post about diamond fire today- are you still happy with your new diamond?

Yeah I am, it’s at the jewellers being set now so I won’t have it for another three weeks. I started looking at other diamonds online and it got me thinking which diamond cuts are more prone to fire. For future reference haha

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I am, it’s at the jewellers being set now so I won’t have it for another three weeks. I started looking at other diamonds online and it got me thinking which diamond cuts are more prone to fire. For future reference haha

Isn’t PS both the best and the worst- so many pretty things to ogle and be inspired by, but so many wonderful and expensive ideas for projects!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so beautiful! Looks fabulous on too!! Enjoy!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond!!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
This is amazing! Congratulations!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
This is amazing! Congratulations!

Thank you! It did give me a new perspective on the diamond videos; by my own admission, the inclusions in the video are pretty obvious, but in person, they are so hard to pick out!

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
Well, I’m back. After thinking I was absolutely in love with the 1.62 carat F VS1 diamond I ordered, I found myself still checking out Rarecarat to see what new diamond were coming in. Don’t get me wrong- the 1.62 carat diamond was perfect in every way- wonderful portions, totally icy white, inclusions almost impossible to find even with a loupe, truly an ideal find.
In my search, I came across a 2.14 carat H color, SI1 for about the same price as my 1.62. After my experience with a very tinted J, I was apprehensive, further, it’s hard to find a “good” SI1, especially in lab diamonds... I plugged the numbers into the HCA, to my shock it came back at solid 1.4, even better, the cert indicated qualified as a heats and arrows cut, and all the angles were completely within PS ideals.
A7439DD3-7306-46F6-922E-E32CFFD0D514.jpeg
1DC1E522-4617-4231-A286-201ED14841CA.png
I was dying to see it in person. I ordered it, canceled, chatted with the customer service reps and they agreed to send it to me loose, and let me compare it to the 1.62 (I am probably their least favorite customer, but they stayed polite and professional the whole time). It arrived! I was shocked- this diamond is a truly good SI1! There are no inclusions on the table, and the largest clarity characteristic is a clear feather near the crown- I can spot in from about 4 inches away if I tilt the diamond just so. Even better, it faces up very white but with a wonderful depth I don’t think the F quite had. I kept the loose diamond for a whole week just so I could see it in other lighting environments (even took it to work!); although it wasn’t completely colorless in every environment the tint it did show was akin to the liquid mercury look I’ve heard others on PS talk about but had never seen in person. Here’s a picture of it by the F.
4FD1F132-3763-4618-860D-9B64131289AB.jpeg
Unlike the J, I found the color to be charming, more “real”, and it just has the most incredible sparkle, and colored light return I’ve ever seen in a diamond; The icing on the cake was the fat arrows! I confirmed with Yadav that I would be exchanging the 1.62 for the 2.14. So, without further ado, here she is- sorry my pics are rough, it’s hot out and the flowers aren’t in bloom for glamour shots:
DB0D4F5F-3A93-4191-8D85-52F64C9A6745.jpeg 3AC97E4E-A294-461C-8A16-14731068AD6E.jpeg 277529BD-9D88-4BC3-AC16-149B76B0C260.jpeg 6360BA5B-AF83-4041-8B6E-9ABD55651694.jpeg
I’m a sentimental fool too- my daughter was born in 2014, her name starts with H so that fact that it is a 2.14 carat H is a lovely piece of serendipity.

I’m really loving all the different colours in your diamond. Can I ask you about the certificate? Was it an IGI Antwerp certificate or was it from Dubai or New York? I have noticed yadav have a lot of IGI Dubai certificates and there are quite a few that are about 5 years old. The diamonds look beautiful in the video though. I’m just curious what certificate yours was? Thanks :)

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I’m really loving all the different colours in your diamond. Can I ask you about the certificate? Was it an IGI Antwerp certificate or was it from Dubai or New York? I have noticed yadav have a lot of IGI Dubai certificates and there are quite a few that are about 5 years old. The diamonds look beautiful in the video though. I’m just curious what certificate yours was? Thanks :)
It has so much more fire than the 1.62! I don’t know what the magic is, but the colored light return is unreal; the trade off on color and clarity was well worth it for the premium cut- the cert states hearts and arrows-, and the size bump.
Here is a link to my cert: https://www.igi.org/viewpdf.php?r=LG407949409
It’s from the US, which has the little diamond picture on it (I don’t know if they’re actual pictures but I have noticed some show more colored light than others), further, it was pretty fresh all things considered.
One more picture- this I think shows a bit more warmth, though it’s still lovely with the tint.
6591BA90-0A7C-4CE8-9ADA-D0835F0D8F40.jpeg

Last edited:

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
It has so much more fire than the 1.62! I don’t know what the magic is, but the colored light return is unreal; the trade off on color and clarity was well worth it for the premium cut- the cert states hearts and arrows-, and the size bump.
Here is a link to my cert: https://www.igi.org/viewpdf.php?r=LG407949409
It’s from the US, which has the little picture on it (I don’t know if they’re actual pictures but I have noticed some show more colored light than others), further, it was pretty fresh all things considered.
One more picture- this I think shows a bit more warmth, though it’s still lovely with the tint.
6591BA90-0A7C-4CE8-9ADA-D0835F0D8F40.jpeg

Omg I love it!’ Super jealous. Can I ask how much you paid for it?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok it looks amazing and the symbolism for your daughter is perfection!!!

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Ok it looks amazing and the symbolism for your daughter is perfection!!!

I love that too and never thought of it. My kiddo was born 2016 and my diamond is 2.16 ct. And it’s fancy vivid yellow. And she fancy. And, uh, yellow.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I love that too and never thought of it. My kiddo was born 2016 and my diamond is 2.16 ct. And it’s fancy vivid yellow. And she fancy. And, uh, yellow.
@anangel I don’t know about your kid, but mine is also round... brilliant? The jury is out on that one.

Reactions: dvj

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely and a really great size on your finger.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
@anangel I don’t know about your kid, but mine is also round... brilliant? The jury is out on that one.

is she a MODERN round brilliant? That’s too funny on the coincidence with your kid too- maybe subliminally you were drawn to the diamond because of it :lol:

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
So so beautiful!!!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! Congratulations!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
just stunning!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
is she a MODERN round brilliant? That’s too funny on the coincidence with your kid too- maybe subliminally you were drawn to the diamond because of it :lol:

I can’t believe I missed your upgrade again! I haven’t been getting over here lately because of reddit but I was making a rose cut collage and I saw your thread. What?!? Well it looks beautiful! You didn’t rest until you were happy and it looks like a monster on your small finger. What a great price too. Congrats!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t believe I missed your upgrade again! I haven’t been getting over here lately because of reddit but I was making a rose cut collage and I saw your thread. What?!? Well it looks beautiful! You didn’t rest until you were happy and it looks like a monster on your small finger. What a great price too. Congrats!
I almost didn’t post about the upgrade because it was the third diamond in a span of like 3-4 months and I was on the cusp of being too embarrassed that I didn’t get it right the first time, or at least the second.
I am ecstatic with this diamond- the 1.62 was perfection on paper, but the icy white wasn’t for me, and it also had more white light return than colored light, so I don’t feel like I ever saw the flashes of pastels that I love.
The size is a bonus for sure- I wasn’t looking for 2 carats because I didn’t think I’d be able to get anything decent in that size. I’m a size 6 finger- the 2 carats looks substantial, even if I could go bigger, I don’t know that I would, but time makes fools of us all
The next big purchase would probably be a bigger band (my current band is the half carat lab diamond from StarGems; it’s about the same width as the band on my solitaire so it doesn’t look bad, but maybe 1 carat total weight would look better ).
For now, it’s time to live vicariously through other people’s purchases, I’ve learned so much, and I’m happy to share any tips or advice I picked up.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results