shape
carat
color
clarity

I have joined the silky sapphire club

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I did! It had been listed for about 3 weeks with no takers, so maybe it was waiting for me. I don’t know if it can be called opalescent though as it may not have any color play, unlike @Cerulean’s sapphire or @Sparklemore’s which AGL classified as opalescent (such a cool thing to see).

I tried googling opalescent sapphires and came up with nothing other than what was shared here. Watch PS start a trend here—opalescent sapphires will be hot and in demand 5 years from now , the new padparadscha!

Did you haggle much on price? There's one I want but its way to pricey for me :(

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I can even come up with the marketing spiel for opalescent sapphires: “Harder than opals! Suitable for engagement rings! No need to worry about crazing or water content!”

Just kidding, I love my opal rings.
C96D9770-C016-479C-88BD-74F3B8FB14A8.jpeg

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
The bicolor stone is sold out, but there are many very nice stones. Unheated 3+ct seems a little too good to be true for the price, so I will wait to see your stone first!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
The bicolor stone is sold out, but there are many very nice stones. Unheated 3+ct seems a little too good to be true for the price, so I will wait to see your stone first!

I may also take it to my local lab (NGI) to get another report, will see!

Thanks! It’s from Zeylan Gems, which goes by srilankangemsstones on IG.

This is their account:

I didn’t name them at first as I did a search and no one seems to have bought from them before here, but maybe someone has? If you have, do share your experience here! The seller, Farhath, told me he used to travel to Singapore often but they haven been able to travel due to Covid.
This one!
03F3F102-44AB-4C3D-B5FB-C23CEB0C3CB6.jpeg

Omygawd they have pink-purple sapphires!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I can't find their page- the link sends me to content unavailable?!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:( Yeah! It takes me to the broken/unavailable page every time.:( I don't know why their Insta doesn't show up for me.
I'm not cool enough.:lol: I'll try again tomorrow, I guess.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
What if you type in srilankangemsstones in the search, does it show up? Or their website: https://zeylangems.com/?

Maybe the internet’s just being selectively spotty. I’ve had those times where my local google search doesn’t work and the US or CA version does.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I did find their dedicated site!
I even typed it into the search on Insta and got bupkis on them. They do have an old Instapage for Zeylan gems that I found in my searches.
Weird, right? It has happened to me before. I must have pissed off the Insta fairy again and now it's no page for you! :lol:
Eh, I'm sure it'll show up randomly for me at some point.
Anyhoo, can't wait to see your pics when you get your silky beauty.:bigsmile:

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
The Instagram was not that easy to find. There are many more stones, but it is annoying that there are no prices and it does not say if it has been sold. they responded very quickly to messages.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
The Instagram was not that easy to find. There are many more stones, but it is annoying that there are no prices and it does not say if it has been sold. they responded very quickly to messages.

They list prices on Carousell (our local online classifieds). That’s how I found them actually. But all the prices are in SGD so you will have to convert them.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
They list prices on Carousell (our local online classifieds). That’s how I found them actually. But all the prices are in SGD so you will have to convert them.

Thanks for the Carousell link! They have some beautiful rocks.
What's weird is I can't get to their Insta from Carousell either. I dunno, maybe it's my computer.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went to their dedicated site. "The gemstone/ jewelry image you see here is not the real size; it is smaller than the image." :lol-2: I wonder if people actually expect to receive a 2 inch sapphire...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I went to their dedicated site. "The gemstone/ jewelry image you see here is not the real size; it is smaller than the image." :lol-2: I wonder if people actually expect to receive a 2 inch sapphire...

Someone, somewhere, gave them s**t for it I have no doubt, someone enviously brash and dense as a rock! :lol:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

This pretty one was posted today:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Stone is here and here are the photos. First of all, a full lab report was sent from CGL and not a mini card, which was nice.

8D6DEED0-2216-42CD-A2CE-953CD9E9223B.jpeg

About the stone itself, firstly I am happy with the size and how it looks on the hand. It is not as silky as I expected, which surprised me as it looked sleepy and glowy in the photos. The couple of dark inclusions I saw in the vendor photos were present and did not bother me. Quite hard to see unless you are looking for them.

The color of the stone was definItaly less saturated than I expected. To my eye, it appears to me more of a medium steel blue with a slight violet tone.

In bathroom light (white overhead light):

B5F95F98-D002-46F5-84E7-139409D9BD0B.jpeg

In sunlight (4pm):
11E27EFA-B98B-43CD-8CEF-374C7E0436B2.jpeg
2C8E7A5D-7BDD-40AD-B9D5-4E6CD2881245.jpeg

I came pretty close to the original vendor photos taking this In my living room close to indirect natural light:
35EA51E0-858E-40F8-8C9C-21794D6AA4D9.jpeg
8180FD29-9AFB-4AA9-B744-A836E7E1AF96.jpeg

Overall, I will be keeping this stone as I am happy with the size and cut, and the price was great. I obviously need to try it out in more lighting conditions.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is gorgeous. I love the way it lights up in sunshine!

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
It's personality is a little different, but still beautiful. I like its tone. I bet there is no blackout. Thank you for the update! The stone is close enough to picture that I would feel comfortable ordering.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
OOoooooooh, that is so pretty - congratulations on such a beautiful blue stone! That "glowy" look is so romantic.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
It's personality is a little different, but still beautiful. I like its tone. I bet there is no blackout. Thank you for the update! The stone is close enough to picture that I would feel comfortable ordering.

It doesn’t black out, but there is certainly half-and-half shadowing since it is an elongated stone. It looks best in diffused natural lighting, I think.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s really lovely. I see what you mean though - I would have expected a slightly different color, it has more violet / steely tones but it’s beautiful to me. Congrats on finding a keeper!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's definitely very pretty IRL, but I agree I would have expected a more "Sleepy" appearance based on pics.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
C198C84F-4E5B-4051-843D-0622DCEA901F.jpeg 6021722C-01E9-4E7B-B03E-E98FC4F94E8A.jpeg

Just dropping in to update this thread with the completed ring. Set this sapphire in 18k yellow gold with marquise diamonds and double claws. She definitely looks best in sunlight!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
C198C84F-4E5B-4051-843D-0622DCEA901F.jpeg 6021722C-01E9-4E7B-B03E-E98FC4F94E8A.jpeg

Just dropping in to update this thread with the completed ring. Set this sapphire in 18k yellow gold with marquise diamonds and double claws. She definitely looks best in sunlight!

Such a beautiful ring! Congratulations.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So gorgeous!!! The color is divine!

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
The setting is absolutely perfect for the stone! More details, please!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Omgggg how did I miss this?? Stunning!

sorry if this has been asked before, but how did you pay for the stone? There’s been a lot of posts recently about paying over IG, but I know some vendors offer other options (PayPal). What was your experience like with a overseas vendor?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results