shape
carat
color
clarity

I have joined the silky sapphire club

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I did! It had been listed for about 3 weeks with no takers, so maybe it was waiting for me. I don’t know if it can be called opalescent though as it may not have any color play, unlike @Cerulean’s sapphire or @Sparklemore’s which AGL classified as opalescent (such a cool thing to see).

I tried googling opalescent sapphires and came up with nothing other than what was shared here. Watch PS start a trend here—opalescent sapphires will be hot and in demand 5 years from now , the new padparadscha!

Did you haggle much on price? There's one I want but its way to pricey for me :(

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I can even come up with the marketing spiel for opalescent sapphires: “Harder than opals! Suitable for engagement rings! No need to worry about crazing or water content!”

Just kidding, I love my opal rings.
C96D9770-C016-479C-88BD-74F3B8FB14A8.jpeg

Laurainthesky

Rough_Rock
The bicolor stone is sold out, but there are many very nice stones. Unheated 3+ct seems a little too good to be true for the price, so I will wait to see your stone first!

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! It’s from Zeylan Gems, which goes by srilankangemsstones on IG.

This is their account:

I didn’t name them at first as I did a search and no one seems to have bought from them before here, but maybe someone has? If you have, do share your experience here! The seller, Farhath, told me he used to travel to Singapore often but they haven been able to travel due to Covid.
This one!
03F3F102-44AB-4C3D-B5FB-C23CEB0C3CB6.jpeg

Omygawd they have pink-purple sapphires!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Brilliant_Rock
:( Yeah! It takes me to the broken/unavailable page every time.:( I don't know why their Insta doesn't show up for me.
I'm not cool enough.:lol: I'll try again tomorrow, I guess.

ItsMainelyYou

Brilliant_Rock
I did find their dedicated site!
I even typed it into the search on Insta and got bupkis on them. They do have an old Instapage for Zeylan gems that I found in my searches.
Weird, right? It has happened to me before. I must have pissed off the Insta fairy again and now it's no page for you! :lol:
Eh, I'm sure it'll show up randomly for me at some point.
Anyhoo, can't wait to see your pics when you get your silky beauty.:bigsmile:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
The Instagram was not that easy to find. There are many more stones, but it is annoying that there are no prices and it does not say if it has been sold. they responded very quickly to messages.

They list prices on Carousell (our local online classifieds). That’s how I found them actually. But all the prices are in SGD so you will have to convert them.

ItsMainelyYou

Brilliant_Rock
They list prices on Carousell (our local online classifieds). That’s how I found them actually. But all the prices are in SGD so you will have to convert them.

Thanks for the Carousell link! They have some beautiful rocks.
What's weird is I can't get to their Insta from Carousell either. I dunno, maybe it's my computer.

MrsKMB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went to their dedicated site. "The gemstone/ jewelry image you see here is not the real size; it is smaller than the image." :lol-2: I wonder if people actually expect to receive a 2 inch sapphire...

Cerulean

Brilliant_Rock
I went to their dedicated site. "The gemstone/ jewelry image you see here is not the real size; it is smaller than the image." :lol-2: I wonder if people actually expect to receive a 2 inch sapphire...

Someone, somewhere, gave them s**t for it I have no doubt, someone enviously brash and dense as a rock! :lol:

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    Soapy Love
    Soapy Love

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.