shape
carat
color
clarity

I have joined the silky sapphire club

M

maru8888777

I can't get enough of the silky sapphires! Enjoy yours in good health!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
The setting is absolutely perfect for the stone! More details, please!

Thanks! I’ll take more photos tomorrow. It was pretty wet and drab today.

I had my heart set on a EW orientation for this stone originally but the design I wanted was more suited with a NS setting, especially as the marquise diamonds my jeweller got in were a little on the bigger side (but well-priced). So I went with the NS and I think it turned out well.
Omgggg how did I miss this?? Stunning!

sorry if this has been asked before, but how did you pay for the stone? There’s been a lot of posts recently about paying over IG, but I know some vendors offer other options (PayPal). What was your experience like with a overseas vendor?

I’ve shared my experience in this thread—I paid by international bank transfer (the first time I ever did one) and it was a good experience. The shipping was fast and he ensured that I did not pay any import taxes, which is quite impressive as I had to pay when I got in stones from the US which were similar in value. I would trust buying from this seller again.

Things to bear in mind:
1)For me, I decided to buy the stone with no intention to return because I think it would be extremely nerve wrecking. My internal rule is not to buy anything high value this way although others may be comfortable.
2) Expect that the stone may look quite different from how it does on IG. This might be a factor of the geographical location or the camera’s filter. This is why the PS vendor photos thread is great so that you can train your expectations.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, so I’ve been away for a few months and missed the threads and unhappy experiences with CSG. I don’t have anything to contribute to those threads except my sympathy and hope that the money is refunded fully.

I’ve never bought from that vendor, but since I have previously bought gemstones from vendors in Sri Lanka before, I guess I would like to stress that my position on buying on IG is neutral and I do not necessarily endorse any vendor. It is very much a personal gamble based on your budget and how much risk you are willing to take. The same would go also for the jade market also, which moves very fast on livestreams and money transfers. I’m not comfortable with that (and not educated enough) so I stick to in-person local purchases at higher prices.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
My jeweller shared some photos she had taken of my ring and they were too pretty not to share here. I think these show quite well what my sapphire looks like in bright indoor conditions, slightly steely, less saturated and a touch violet. And then when it’s in sunlight it turns into another creature. Fascinating! 2AEEDBAC-D919-46BA-B9EF-AF9BA37C8DBF.jpeg 116A302B-A160-4DB4-ADC0-F1152EF4DB54.jpeg
02CC1F1D-7F6B-438C-81C5-A788A625FFC2.jpeg
45D93639-D0A4-4B98-A85C-59ACA96F54C6.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My jeweller shared some photos she had taken of my ring and they were too pretty not to share here. I think these show quite well what my sapphire looks like in bright indoor conditions, slightly steely, less saturated and a touch violet. And then when it’s in sunlight it turns into another creature. Fascinating! 2AEEDBAC-D919-46BA-B9EF-AF9BA37C8DBF.jpeg 116A302B-A160-4DB4-ADC0-F1152EF4DB54.jpeg
02CC1F1D-7F6B-438C-81C5-A788A625FFC2.jpeg
45D93639-D0A4-4B98-A85C-59ACA96F54C6.jpeg

This ring is just glorious! I love the color of the sapphire and the pretty marquise leaves

Alnitak

Rough_Rock
Trade
My jeweller shared some photos she had taken of my ring and they were too pretty not to share here. I think these show quite well what my sapphire looks like in bright indoor conditions, slightly steely, less saturated and a touch violet. And then when it’s in sunlight it turns into another creature. Fascinating!
I love the natural lighter blues in the unheated stones and this is very typical of them--they will really POP blue in sunlight, then go more steely indoors, whether they have silk or not. IMO, it's part of the charm of colored stones. Beautiful ring and you got an amazing deal on that sapphire.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I love the natural lighter blues in the unheated stones and this is very typical of them--they will really POP blue in sunlight, then go more steely indoors, whether they have silk or not. IMO, it's part of the charm of colored stones. Beautiful ring and you got an amazing deal on that sapphire.

That’s fascinating to know. I have a smaller vintage blue sapphire ring and the stone is of a similar saturation but cleaner and less silky. It maintains a similar look in full sunlight, brighter and more sparkling of course, but there’s no pop. It‘s most likely a heated stone though. How interesting if this is a trait of unheated stones!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results