shape
carat
color
clarity

I have joined the silky sapphire club

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I swear, the PS Effect is real! After spending time on the threads of @Cerulean, @silkystarlight, @lovedogs and @Lexililac, my eyes have been opened to the beauty of silky light sapphires. So when I stumbled across this 3 ct sapphire, I just fell headlong for it! And for it, I made my first overseas bank transfer to an IG seller.

It’s being sold to me as a 3 ct unheated blue sapphire, dimensions 8.4 x 7.1 x 5.8. I can see there are some inclusions but the cut is excellent. If it wasn’t for the milkiness, it would be an electric blue color imo. But because it is milky, I managed to snag it for under $600.

If everything goes well and the stone matches up with pictures, I will share the vendor (just want to be responsible since it’s my first interaction). My purchase comes with a CGL report and free shipping.

518A1AD1-9177-466A-B3BA-C944EB53B193.jpeg
D84E5A22-96C2-4B0E-8374-6414D5310CBF.jpeg
284DE3B0-BF1A-43B2-A088-5BDA08A5E772.jpeg
52AC598A-2D72-45E4-9A94-BC2C6ED630CC.jpeg
So... anyone has ideas how to set it? I’m thinking east-west, but open to anything!

Last edited:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations - it’s beautiful!!! I like the idea of the EW - but because it’s not super elongated, I think it would depend upon the setting. Are you thinking solitaire, 3 stone, or halo and then contemporary, vintage or traditional? Im so excited to see it when you can take your own pics!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love that stone when I saw it on IG too. Glad you got it and pls post lots of pics when u receive it!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: That is the silk/color I'd want in my sapphire! It's amazing, and the price is fantastic.
I'm thinking you should set it east/west on my hand:lol:
I can't wait for pics and the possibilities are endless for it!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! It was a totally unplanned purchase which is why my mind is blank right now when it comes to setting ideas. I will have fun dreaming up designs when it arrives.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Saw this on IG and it looks really beautiful! Congrats!
Please post plenty of photos after you receive it and do tell us how the colour compares with the seller's photos.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous that sapphire will no doubt look amazing however you set it, it’s yummy!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful stone! That color is so gorgeous! I can’t wait to see how you set it.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh it’s just breathtaking- I LOVE it! So excited for you! I think it would look wonderful in platinum or yellow gold...

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it’s just breathtaking- I LOVE it! So excited for you! I think it would look wonderful in platinum or yellow gold...

I was just thinking about a yellow gold bezel when you posted this!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I was just thinking about a yellow gold bezel when you posted this!

I think that would be fabulous! I’m not sure what your usual style preferences are...but these came to mind

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I think that would be fabulous! I’m not sure what your usual style preferences are...but these came to mind

Love the second one, definitely saving that! It looks really good in the EW orientation too.

My first idea was a yg gold bezel and then side stones like this.

BEB92FB4-0650-4837-8D40-18E728EAD287.jpeg

The second idea was to put it in a halo and put two rows of diamonds to make it look like a snowflake.

2D4AD172-120B-453E-B2CF-2EDF0CF48D6C.jpeg

I don’t want the level of difficulty to get too high because the jewellers I go to are kinda old-school and don’t do CADs. But they are really inexpensive so I love them.

hkm25

Rough_Rock
I swear, the PS Effect is real! After spending time on the threads of @Cerulean, @silkystarlight, @lovedogs and @Lexililac, my eyes have been opened to the beauty of silky light sapphires. So when I stumbled across this 3 ct sapphire, I just fell headlong for it! And for it, I made my first overseas bank transfer to an IG seller.

It’s being sold to me as a 3 ct unheated blue sapphire, dimensions 8.4 x 7.1 x 5.8. I can see there are some inclusions but the cut is excellent. If it wasn’t for the milkiness, it would be an electric blue color imo. But because it is milky, I managed to snag it for under $600.

If everything goes well and the stone matches up with pictures, I will share the vendor (just want to be responsible since it’s my first interaction). My purchase comes with a CGL report and free shipping.

518A1AD1-9177-466A-B3BA-C944EB53B193.jpeg
D84E5A22-96C2-4B0E-8374-6414D5310CBF.jpeg
284DE3B0-BF1A-43B2-A088-5BDA08A5E772.jpeg
52AC598A-2D72-45E4-9A94-BC2C6ED630CC.jpeg
So... anyone has ideas how to set it? I’m thinking east-west, but open to anything!

This is so beautiful! I can't wait to see your photos when you receive it!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh, that's so pretty! Congratulations on your first overseas bank transfer, too!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Disco denim! is what I thought when I saw your sapphire. :love: I prefer the first option. I think an E-W with a full halo would look not as proportionally aesthetically pleasing.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE it! I bet it never blacks out too. Great find!

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow that is very nice! Which seller is that from?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is very nice! Which seller is that from?

Thanks! It’s from Zeylan Gems, which goes by srilankangemsstones on IG.

This is their account:

I didn’t name them at first as I did a search and no one seems to have bought from them before here, but maybe someone has? If you have, do share your experience here! The seller, Farhath, told me he used to travel to Singapore often but they haven been able to travel due to Covid.

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
When do you expect to receive your stone? I am eyeing this one. Screenshot_20210221-191512_Chrome.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! It’s from Zeylan Gems, which goes by srilankangemsstones on IG.

This is their account:

I didn’t name them at first as I did a search and no one seems to have bought from them before here, but maybe someone has? If you have, do share your experience here! The seller, Farhath, told me he used to travel to Singapore often but they haven been able to travel due to Covid.

Nice! I asked them about opalescent stones and they didnt have any :( but you got lucky! Congrats!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Nice! I asked them about opalescent stones and they didnt have any :( but you got lucky! Congrats!

Yes, I did! It had been listed for about 3 weeks with no takers, so maybe it was waiting for me. I don’t know if it can be called opalescent though as it may not have any color play, unlike @Cerulean’s sapphire or @Sparklemore’s which AGL classified as opalescent (such a cool thing to see).

I tried googling opalescent sapphires and came up with nothing other than what was shared here. Watch PS start a trend here—opalescent sapphires will be hot and in demand 5 years from now , the new padparadscha!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results