shape
carat
color
clarity

I have been holding out - antique dinner ring + more!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You guys, I've been a really bad PSer. I've done a bit of buying (and selling!) over the past year, and I haven't shared any photos of my acquisitions. I'm here with a peace offering. :Up_to_something:

I had been on the hunt for an antique, three-stone dinner ring for quite a while. I was looking for something a bit blingy and with great finger coverage. This summer, I finally found THE ONE. Just my size, old but in great condition, and in my price range. The only problem? I promised myself that I would not buy a new ring until the modern three-stone halo that I had on consignment with Grace sold. That lasted about 30 minutes. I decided I would buy the ring, but it would not really be "mine" until my other ring sold. After many months, I'm happy to say, that ring DID sell earlier this month. I'm pleased to introduced my Edwardian dinner ring -

Specs:
Circa 1910
Platinum
Almost 2 carats of OEC (and transitional, I think) goodness
Center is estimated to be just shy of 1 carat, I-J color, and VVS2-VS1 clarity
Size 7 finger

_38765.jpg

_38770.jpg

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also, for your review are a few other pieces:

1. An antique (likely Victorian) diamond encrusted fox with ruby cabochon eyes. The fox features about .5 cttw of what seem to be a combination of rose cuts and early OECS. He started life as a brooch and I had him converted to a ring using the gold from the pin.

2. Probably my favorite new item - a Georgian lover's eye ring!! Like the dinner ring, I've been hunting for one in my price range for quite some time. If you don't know about lover's eye jewelry, the web has a lot of interesting information about them. I purchased this one at auction within the past month and I'm still over the moon! My favorite part is the halo of garnets.

3. Finally, a five-stone ring! The diamonds are modern, and it was sold to me as vintage from the 1950s-1960s but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Estimated .75 carats, G color (they are quite white!), and SI1 clarity. I like how the setting adds to the finger coverage. It measures about 4.7 mm across. Fits me as a very blingy pinky ring at the moment, but I think I will have it re-sized.

Thanks so much for looking! Hope you enjoyed these.

_38771.jpg

_38772.jpg

_38773.jpg

_38774.jpg

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun and beautiful are your new goodies! Enjoy those pieces ::) .

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new pieces!!! I especially love the dinner ring and the adorable fox ring!! :love:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice collection! I would love to see more pictures of your dinner ring :love: :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a haul ihy!! Congratulations! All these rings are so awesome and cool. They look great on you. Merry Christmas indeed!!

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Wow-eee! So much pretty eye candy. I hadn't heard of lover's eye rings before. Neat.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! All amazing and so fun!! Please DO get the 5 stone resized - that IS great finger coverage - I really like it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've been busy ihy! What great pieces...my favorite are the little fox (fun) and the 5 stone (classic with a twist)! Have fun
mixing and matching all your great finds! :appl:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for your sweet words!

nala said:
Nice collection! I would love to see more pictures of your dinner ring :love: :love: :love:

Thank you, nala! I took a few more just now and attached them here. I wish I could put a video so you all could fully appreciate it.

motownmama said:
WOW! All amazing and so fun!! Please DO get the 5 stone resized - that IS great finger coverage - I really like it!

Thanks, motownmama! I will definitely get around to it, but for now it's kind of funny to have a really blingy pinky :lol: . Thanks so much for your compliments!

img_14252.jpg

img_14253.jpg

img_14254.jpg

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The three stone antique diamond ring is :love: amazing! It is a piece of jewelry art! Lucky you! :angel: Enjoy it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice acquistions!!! I have never heard of a lover's eye ring! How interesting and sweet!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOh GORGEOUS! The dinner ring looks amazing on you!!! :love: :love: :love:

And I LOVE all your pieces. Full of personality charm and beauty! Just like you. :appl:

Thank you for sharing and please post more pics when you have the time and energy. Just beautiful!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great finds. The fox is my favorite, so cool with the mixture of diamond cuts. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results