shape
carat
color
clarity

I got the thin solitaire!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I want to thank everyone who helped with your comments on these threads regarding a match for my wedding band:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-desperately-need-input-on-what-to-wear-w-wb.31878/=

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-much-should-something-like-this-cost.33376/=

I appreciated all of your feedback. After all was said and done, I talked to my husband about getting that thin "antique" solitaire & W-ring set. (Not really antique since it''s probably circa 1950''s or so? And actually the diamond is newer. More on that later.) He liked the idea and even got it for a lower price than I stated in the applicable thread. I took it to an independent appraiser. He appraised it to be right in the ballpark (a bit over) what we paid for it. He said the diamond is probably only about 20 years old or so; it was estimated around 0.94ct as stated, and also was SI1 (or maybe SI2?), so again as stated. He said that the diamond is really a somewhat brownish tint, around C3 or C4 on the brown scale which he corresponded to an L on the colorless scale. (Please don''t hammer me if I am getting any of this mixed up! It is all from memory as I type!) But overall he said it''s a good diamond, so if I like the color it is worth what we paid. It is definitely darker than my I engagement diamond, but I think it has a charm to it. And it is still very sparkly. (Incidentally the appraiser''s opinion was that this diamond might not look right in a white setting, as it might look like it was trying to be a fancy, but in this setting he liked it as well.)

This set is so dainty and delicate!! I don''t think you will get the full idea from the pictures I will post just how dainty. (I have been told I always have "little and delicate" things, so I guess this is no exception!) It almost makes the Ritani Endless Love seem bulky!
1.gif
Although some might criticize that the E-ring band is too skinny for my W-band, I like it anyway. There is more harmony of texture between them than my smooth solitaire. I wish I could show you all in person, since the pictures just don''t really do things justice. My wedding band looks a bit different in pictures than in person; because of the carving (even though there are smooth areas), it seems to clash - to me, in person - with a smooth ring. So many folks preferred solitaire with my WB so as not to "compete" with it (which I agreed completely that I didn''t want a busy look), and although this has little tiny accent diamonds, for all intents and purposes it is a solitaire, and because so thin, I think it doesn''t compete. From a distance most folks would probably think it''s plain solitaire with plain WB. Oh and another happy thing, it sits much lower than my ridiculously high prongs on my eng. solitaire.

So anyway, now I have multiple options for wear, and best of all, my beautiful engagement diamond is FREE to be reset in a 4-prong white setting with sparkle on the sides, which hopefully you all can help me with when I move on to that search!! Below I will try to post as many pictures as I can. Thanks again to all of you who helped! I am sorry that my time is limited so I can''t answer each of your posts personally!!

First I might just post the set we bought:

Resized 1138.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is with my original wedding band:

w my WB.JPG

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
oops! Sorry for the huge pic again.

Here is another view of the new set:

thin set.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, it looks terrific with your ering!!!!!
36.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This picture is a bit dark, but hopefully it gives an idea of the 3 together:

resized 1155.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the new set...it looks good with your wider weddin band too, but my favorite is the set as is, they match so well...and I love older diamonds.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mara & Kaleigh! I must admit I think I like the set on its own best too! But at least I have plenty of options.

Just for the heck of it I also sandwiched my WB in between the new set. The only problem is with "sandwiches", I like the diamond to be in the middle!

sandwich.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a beautiful wedding set!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one more, where I think it sparkles more.

resize 1214.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Wow!! Your rings are gorgeous!!! Love them!!!
30.gif
30.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Odilia,

Your set looks so dainty.
36.gif
And wardrobe options abound with all your choices ...that inspires me! Your new set is really pretty. Yeah!!!!

Door Knob

rockaholic

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful set! CONGRATS!!

~rockaholic~

Laralooblue

Shiny_Rock
I love your set. I particularly remember how much I loved that band the first time you inquired about it here. VERY pretty!

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Odilia,
I''m so glad you went with the thin band. It''s so pretty and looks spectacular with you e-ring!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Good for you, Odilla! It is a wonderful match for your wedding band. It has the same "antique" look about it.

And like you said, now you have your other diamond to re-set in a white setting.

So you will have LOTS of options!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great! I know how how long this decision took. The set matches perfectly with the oringinal w-band.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Odilia, that looks perfect with your set. Congrats on a great decision. I really love that.

Shay

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Odilia! I love your new set. It looks perfect with your beautiful band. I think that the warmer diamonds with more color look better in the antique sets than the really white colorless ones, so well done! As far as the sandwiches go...I like my diamond in the middle, too
2.gif
. When you wear the bands on either side, they look like guard rings, and that is a very traditional look. I thought the three looked smashing together. Very dainty, but still a finger-full. Not easy to do, but you pulled it off with those rings. Now you can have some fun searching for a perfect setting for your engagement diamond!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect. You''ve got beautiful hands too!
21.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It is perfect!!! I love the new set!
30.gif

And it is nice to have different options!
2.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I love them together Odilia! Great choice!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Odilia,

Congratulations on the happy purchase. I too, fell in love with the carved floral band when you first posted. The new set has the same charm. I love the matched set but I think my favorite look is with your original band - I think they complement each other so well. But I''m curious about what another poster mentioned on your other diamond in a WG setting. Is it done yet? And if so, can we see it?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It looks nice on your hand, you muxt be thrilled. I like how you can now wear your widder wedding band alone or you new set, very fun!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful set!!!! It looks wonderful on your hand
1.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, Thanks so much for your kind comments! I appreciate the compliments on my wedding band too; it helps because when I was frustrated with the look of my set (that band with my thin Tiffany style solitaire), I sometimes would get frustrated with the wedding band itself. That''s another thing I like about this new E-ring - I think it complements the W-band better, as suziQ and others said, and thus makes me like it better. {{{{I think that the warmer diamonds with more color look better in the antique sets than the really white colorless ones,}}}} Good point; that''s probably another reason I like it. So thank you all!!

And Sarita, I haven''t changed my original engagement diamond yet. Now that I have this e-ring to go with my w-band, I can start looking. But as Tacori E-ring noted about this search, it takes me a while. I am pretty much of a slow-poke when it comes to this!! Somehow life seems to get in the way of jewelry shopping!
1.gif
I want to put my 1.09ct RB into a white setting, 4 prongs, with some sparkle on the sides (i.e. not a solitaire) but that is about all I have decided! First I need to get caught up on some other things, and then hopefully you can all help me with my decision. But I have definitely noticed that I am s l o w compared to other PS''ers.
Thanks again for all your comments!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I love the look with all 3 together!!! There''s just something about things in sets of 3 that I like...I would love to have an anniversary band to match my (future) wedding band someday so I can do the 3-ring thing too.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I''m late, but a very nice and unique wedding set.
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it still looks great!
30.gif
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! I love the warmer colours and your set is fantastic! This is great too as I am seeing more and more people going for the K pluses and loving them! Great choice and congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Great set! I love the thin band, it''s a perfect match. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results