shape
carat
color
clarity

I GOT THE RING! .55 D/IF in G&A tension setting!!!! Wheeeeeee!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone!

Bryan proposed!!!!

A couple of days ago while surfing, he found a perfectly intact large clam shell....empty of course;-)
The other night we were walking out on the beach with everything glowing in the full moon....it was like being on a different planet. He distracted me for a second and put the shell on the sand, knowing I'd pick it up. (I love shells and collect them). When I saw it, I thought something was either alive or dead in it, haha! Lucky I didn't throw it in the ocean:razz:
When I opened it though, it almost WAS alive....with sparkles! When I realized what was going on, I think I went into shock! Next thing I knew, he was on one knee asking me to marry him!

The way he did this overshadowed the ring, HONESTLY. But now that it's over, it' time to show it off;-)
HEHE!

Well, I guess here's the part you all care about....LOL! The bling! :D

Click here for the Diamonds stats!

We had it set in a Gelin & Abaci tension setting in platinum. Diamond is from Good Old Gold and the setting was done through Diamond Brokers of Florida....!
My EXACT ring is going to be featured in Space Coast Living Magazine as DBOF ad! How COOL!
When Bryan picked it up, he said it was worth every cent and it suited me PERFECTLY. When I saw it, of course, I thought the same thing!
It was set in such a way that the girdle inscription is exposed (Bryan 'heart' Catherine) with the heart being an actual heart symbol. He also had an inscription put on the inside of the band....our little twist on love forever:)

Of course, more pictures to come, but for now, ENJOY! :)
We are just obsessed with it....it's just so wonderful!!!!
Wheeeee!!!!

500x375.aspx

491x375.aspx

500x375.aspx

500x375.aspx

500x375.aspx

383x375.aspx

381x375.aspx

432x375.aspx

500x367.aspx

500x357.aspx

36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Thank you pricescope for making this all possible! You guys rock! :)

36.gif

EDIT:
Here is the shell he used
9.gif

399x375.aspx

415x375.aspx

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s a beauty! Congrats and enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
WWOWOWOWOWOWOW! That ring is fabulous! SO unique, so awesome. Congrats a million times over!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Starspun...your ring is so unique. I don''t think I saw a design like that before. Good thing you open the shell. That would have been one expensive treat for the fishes.
3.gif
It look wonderful on your hands. Congrats!!!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an artistic, architectural ring!!! Very COOL!
36.gif
I like it when people go outside the mold and express themselves in creative, unique ways! CONGRATS on your engagement! I can''t wait to see what kind of wedding you have in mind!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cool, unique, and modern setting! And a gorgeous stone. Congrats on your engagement!!
36.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That''s such a cool proposal!! I''m with KristyDarling, the ring IS very architectural! It''s like a mini-Richard Serra sculpture on your hand. It''s magnificent!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
What a sculptural, unique and all together gorgeous ring you have! I love it - very well done. It''s extremely creative and I love looking at it. I bet you do too!

Congratulations to you both on your engagement. Are you planning on a wedding band or stand alone?

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 1:49:53 AM
Author: Beacon
What a sculptural, unique and all together gorgeous ring you have! I love it - very well done. It''s extremely creative and I love looking at it. I bet you do too!

Congratulations to you both on your engagement. Are you planning on a wedding band or stand alone?

Thanks everyone for the comments! :)
Beacon, I was going to do a stand alone, but we''ve decided to switch this ring to the right hand and wear a wedding band on the left:)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, love it, love it. It is very unique. Your sweetie sounds wonderful!!! Congrats to you both
37.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow it really is unique and gorgeous and modern and fantastic!! The main diamond looks very protected, but those melee diamonds the girdles are soooo exposed!!! Good thing they''re small and (relatively) cheap :D Beautiful! Amazing!

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and that setting is wonderful. I know it can be hard to do soemthing unique-a bit scarey but worth it!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I''m not surprised you love it so much!

The diamond looks very big on your finger - do you have small hands?

Maisie

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sweet ptoposal! And that beautiful diamond really stands out in that setting!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful and unique! I love those tension settings and this is one of the prettiest I''ve seen!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring! It looks perfect on your hand StarSpun!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
StarSpun, it turned out so beautifully. Great job he did!!! What a sweet proposal too.

shay

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful setting and diamond; the whole package looks gorgeous on your finger!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautifully unique ring! Congrats! Your boy did great on the ring and proposal!!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
VERY unique and definitely one of a kind! That setting really "shows off" that *PERFECT* diamond!
30.gif
Congratulations, it''s a beauty!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cool setting, very unique and shows off the diamond perfectly. Loved your proposal story!!! Congrats and enjoy!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Best wishes! That .55ct sure looks waay bigger than it is!
1.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations StarSpun! What a wonderful proposal story and your ring is so unique and beautiful! I''ve never seen anything like it! I''m so happy for you!

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Congrats! Such a beautiful and unique looking yet modern ring! Must be nice to have such a bright white diamond.
10.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a great proposal, and the ring is so beautiful! How exciting it will be featured in an ad. Did they photograph it before your fiance picked it up or will it have to go in for a photo shoot?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It''s gorgeous and I love the unique setting!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! What a beautiful unique ring. I love the side profile and how much of the diamond you can see.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautifully! Congratulations starspun!! I love that setting, very unique. The side diamonds make it a little more feminine than your typical tension setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results