shape
carat
color
clarity

We finally found our perfect stone....!! (??)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone!

The search is nearing the end, and I think we''ve found ''the one''. Ok so we almost KNOW we''ve found the one, I''m just waiting to hear what Tim at GOG thinks about it when it arrives:)

36.gif

Here are the stats....

Size: 0.553ct
Color: D
Clarity: IF
Depth: 61.2%
Table: 56.5%
Pavilion Angle/Depth: 41.0 degrees / 43.2%
Crown Angle/Height: 34.2 / 14.8%
Culet: 0.5%
Girdle AVG: 1.5% (1.3-1.9) Medium-Sl.Thick

It looks fabulous on the HCA! It''s also a perfect H&A (Superior Symmetry).
Symmetry and Polish are both Ideal....

Also, I should mention that is has a STRONG BLUE fluorescence! Apparently though, it''s as clear as glass, so that''s just awesome because I LOVE
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
fluorescence in a diamond!

Should know more in a couple of days, as it''s being sent over from Antwerp. I''m so excited, I just had to share. For those of you who don''t know, we''re having it set in a tension band:)

Let me know what you all think, good and bad!

21.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It sounds very exciting! I love the look of tension set bands. Are you set on having a D IF stone? You could sure save some bucks if you went down in color and clarity and you could still have a beautiful diamond!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations starspun!
36.gif
i know how exciting it is to have found ''the one''. the strong blue is going to give your ''d'' an extra kick... another dimension.
18.gif
let us know when you have it.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya said you wanted good or bad! How ''bout both ...

GOOD: if color & clarity are your highest priorities (besides cut) & you think it''s the one after talking to Tim ... GREAT!! Congrats!

BAD: personally, in a round stone, I''d go down on color & clarity to go up on size. D IF doesn''t make my heart flutter ... I too think of it as kind of a waste of $$ based on my own particular priorities.

Whatever floats your boat though!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Starspun....how exciting! it sounds fabulous!!!

widget

pinkrose

Rough_Rock
Oooh Its going to look so beautiful in that tension setting.
36.gif

Alastor, why is liking fluorescense a stupid thing? We all have our preferences. Its a tension setting BTW, maybe she doesn''t want a larger stone. And how is the one she mentioned not a quality stone? I think its got great stats. I agree with others that your post is quite rude and arrogant.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
StarSpun...when you get this beautiful rock, you better show us pictures!!
36.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow I like the sound of this stone - cannot wait to see photos.

I like fluorescence in a stone as long as it doesn''t do anything wonky to the transparency. Sounds like you have checked this out, so no problems.

I just got a .65 G stone with med flo and it is a beauty!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
(In regards to another post which has been cleaned up by the mod)

I think everyone else replied better than I could do!

I like D/IF - end of story....for more reasons than one and more than I'd care to explain:D
I researched fluorescence a LOT and I found I really liked it. There were a couple of people on here with D and strong FL and it really did add that 'extra kick'. Just because something I like is something you don't like doesn't mean you have to insult me like that.
Really, GROW UP.

I don't want a larger stone. I called my cut off at .80ct at first, and then went down to no larger than .60ct. Do you think that is stupid to say as well? Wait, don't answer, I really don't care!
20.gif

I've done a fair bit of research, thank you very much. This is what I wanted, and I found it. I also do believe it is a great cut, and as long as it's not affecting the transparency (TOO much) then a strong Fl is welcome and appreciated. I know it can make the lower colors look more white, but I have found that with the higher colors, it can be a very pleasing effect as well.

Thanks guys for your responses. I can't wait to see this baby shine blueish in certain lights....and glow in blacklight. Hopefully with the cut, we'll see more than just that of course:)

We're really excited!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 3:26:41 PM
Author: StarSpun

I think everyone else replied better than I could do!

I like D/IF - end of story....for more reasons than one and more than I''d care to explain:D
I researched fluorescence a LOT and I found I really liked it. There were a couple of people on here with D and strong FL and it really did add that ''extra kick''. Just because something I like is something you don''t like doesn''t mean you have to insult me like that.
Really, GROW UP.

I don''t want a larger stone. I called my cut off at .80ct at first, and then went down to no larger than .60ct. Do you think that is stupid to say as well? Wait, don''t answer, I really don''t care!
20.gif

I''ve done a fair bit of research, thank you very much. This is what I wanted, and I found it. I also do believe it is a great cut, and as long as it''s not affecting the transparency (TOO much) then a strong Fl is welcome and appreciated. I know it can make the lower colors look more white, but I have found that with the higher colors, it can be a very pleasing effect as well.

Thanks guys for your responses. I can''t wait to see this baby shine blueish in certain lights....and glow in blacklight. Hopefully with the cut, we''ll see more than just that of course:)

We''re really excited!
you are in good hands starspun. it sounds like you have done your research and know exactly what you want. you have good reason to be excited. we are looking forward to seeing your diamond!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! That''s great, can''t wait for pics!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 3:26:41 PM
I like D/IF - end of story....
I researched fluorescence a LOT and I found I really liked it.
I don''t want a larger stone.
This is what I wanted, and I found it.
We''re really excited!
Based on the above ... Sounds like you''ve done your research, figured out what you really like and have found something right "in the pocket"!

That''s ALL that matters!!
1.gif

Hope Tim gives his thumbs up too so we can get pix of this beauty ASAP!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
StarSpun, I am beyond psyched to see this beauty. You have to post pics. The stats are killer and the fl. in my opinion is a bonus. Love fl.!!!

As a matter of fact, when I get my pendant, I am looking at high color (D-F) with at least MB. I think it will kick it up a notch. (sorry, Emeril)

shay

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Sundial: I love the look too! I''m totally set on the D / IF. I don''t mind the money so much, and the fl probably brings it back down anyway....haha! I want a smaller diamond with these stats so I am happy:)

Belle: Thank you! I will for sure post pictures and let everyone know when we get it! :)

FireGoddess and Orbaya....AGREED! And yes, will for sure get pictures up! (My camera is practiacally fused to my hand anyway!)

Decodelighted: Thank you! This size was what I was looking for after I took a look around. The money doesn''t bother me at all, it''s not so much of a difference....

Widget: Thank you! I can''t wait to see it!

Pinkrose: Agreed! I do want the smaller diamond in the tension setting. Smaller stones seem to look much better on my hand anyway:)

Kaleigh: Thank you!

Beacon: Congrats on the stone! Do you have any pics? I asked if the stone was milky or anything (it''s kinda rare for that to happen anyway) and apparently it''s ''clear as glass''. We are still waiting to see, and will know soon! If that''s the case, then I''m in love!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Thats great StarSpun!

The fun thing about diamonds is finding the perfect combination of characteristics that you really like. Its very individual and when you find the right one its like falling in love. And knowing that there''s no other stone exactly like yours is really special.

You''re so lucky! I found a stone I love but I have to wait for a while.
39.gif

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 3:41:02 PM
Author: decodelighted

Based on the above ... Sounds like you''ve done your research, figured out what you really like and have found something right ''in the pocket''!

That''s ALL that matters!!
1.gif

Hope Tim gives his thumbs up too so we can get pix of this beauty ASAP!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The research has been going on for over two weeks (short time I know) but I have this crazy hyperfocus thing....it''s actually all I''ve been doing! Bryan and I are out ''fulltiming'' on an RV in PEI (aka, nothing to do in this weather until we head to Florida next week!) so I''ve been immersed in diamonds, reports, sites, articles, and this forum almost 24/7. I think Bryan is going to KILL me soon, let alone marry me!!
28.gif

Should be arriving from Antwerp in a couple of days. I''m going nutso over here:D

Shay37: For sure on the pics thing! And hello to a fellow fl. lover! I had no idea diamonds could GLOW before *swoon*

GoldenStar: You are totally right! Maybe this one will be a nice rarity....because some people seem to be afraid to go for the fl. one?! LOL! Eh, I''ll take my chances. Hooray for glowing rocks:D

....and I hope you don''t have to wait TOO long
28.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Here is the G, .65 ct w/ med flo.

h. thru loop resize 2.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
here is another photo of it. It also came direct from Antwerp. It''s a great stone, 54 table, 34.5 CA, 40.8 PA, 62% depth. Very lively and the fluor gives it an extra kick in bright light.

H@resize2.jpg

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Now that is just GORGEOUS!
It looks so clear and white....me likes!!!!
30.gif

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
I agree on the extra kick....I think I can see it in the picture!
Did you compare it together with another one similar but no fl at all?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Here is an F with strong fluor. It is a gorgeous stone and in 9 of 10 views it is perfect. However, it was not perfectly transparent from the side view. Top down, no problem. But from the side, a slightly shaded periwinkle haze. Even my husband could see it so not my imagination This stone is larger, 2.25, so the side view was bugging me and I sent it back and got a different F color one.

I loved it though.

The smaller G w/ medium flo is clear as can be. I think it just a stone by stone thing. Overall I think Fluoresence is really cool.

flodiamond 4 resize4.jpg

Upside Down Man

Shiny_Rock
Anybody have any shots of strong fluorescence action in daylight or blacklight? I think it''d be neat to see that thing glow (and I''ve never seen it before...)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 4:26:22 PM
Author: Upside Down Man
Anybody have any shots of strong fluorescence action in daylight or blacklight? I think it''d be neat to see that thing glow (and I''ve never seen it before...)
http://diamondscope.pricescope.com/ there is a video on fluorescence towards the bottom of the page.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My my, what a rare find it seems you may have. Congrats, and I too am looking forward to pics. I hope it's THE one!!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
blue%20fluor.jpg

Not sure if this is strong or not....there are a few more examples, looking them up now:D

Upside Down Man

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 4:34:23 PM
blue%20fluor.jpg

Not sure if this is strong or not....there are a few more examples, looking them up now:D
How exotic. It looks like something you''d find on another planet.

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
For comparisons sake....
SOOOOoooo cool!

Fluoresence%20collage%20copy%20c.jpg

Upside Down Man

Shiny_Rock
Amazing. I can definitely see how some buyers would prefer strong fluorescence.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took an old pair of studs to the appraisor when I got my new ring, and she threw them in with it to check the fluor, mine has faint. One of my studs glowed just like that, kinda freaky (in a good way) to see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results