shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my AVC from GOG! Some pics here and more to come!

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
I know these aren't the best pics but I just took my little rock out for a hike and thought I'd start with something! It was so crazy opening the little box up to see the little sparkler :)

The pics have special meaning, cause my fiancee proposed while we were hovering in a helicopter above the tallest building in la (or so we were told..) and I hiked there today and took a pic of the ring with the actual building in the background. My fiancee is in germany now so he will recognize the location right away and I think it helps to keep us strong during this time apart..

Thanks so much for everyone's help! Now I am onto a settings search...

Specs to come soon!

photo_1.jpg
photo%205.jpg
photo%204.jpg
photo%202.jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOOOOHOOOO- Gorgeous!!!!!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: I really like it in the solitaire setting though I'm sure that baby would look good taped to a hair tie and wrapped around your finger! Hehe AVCs are so yummy! You must be thrilled! :bigsmile:

I'd love to know the dimensions (mm) and your finger size for reference.

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Are you in LA too? :)

I am surprisingly happy with the solitaire now..never thought I'd like a simple setting but for now it's perfect!

It's 2.06 and I think roughly 7.5x7.5 diameter. My finger size is 4.25 :)

Will post exact info soon though!

LALove|1299718573|2868531 said:
WOOOOOOHOOOO- Gorgeous!!!!!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: I really like it in the solitaire setting though I'm sure that baby would look good taped to a hair tie and wrapped around your finger! Hehe AVCs are so yummy! You must be thrilled! :bigsmile:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's a gorgeous stone!! I have a feeling you'll be photographing it a lot, and when you do - SHARE! :D

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
It gorgeous! I LOVE AVC's! I would like to see some close-up pictures of that baby. Congratulations!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ohh it's gorgeous!!!! and it looks great on your finger!

that's really sweet that you went to the place he proposed :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
absolutely stunning!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! It looks fantastic on your hand :sun:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Your AVC is just too yummy ! :lickout: Wear it in good health and happiness ! :) :love:

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! It's been a long day but I will definitely put more photos up esp for those of you who are interested in proportions...handshots to follow!

It seems gold and diamond prices are going crazy. Do you think it's better to bite the bullet now and get a setting made? I am so afraid of prices getting out of my reach if I wait too long...advice please!

Big hugs to all of you!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that's so beautiful!!!! I cant wait to see more pics!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see what setting you select!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
surfingartist|1299741967|2868702 said:
Thanks so much everyone! It's been a long day but I will definitely put more photos up esp for those of you who are interested in proportions...handshots to follow!

It seems gold and diamond prices are going crazy. Do you think it's better to bite the bullet now and get a setting made? I am so afraid of prices getting out of my reach if I wait too long...advice please!

Big hugs to all of you!!!

It's all kind of a gamble. Whatever you do, just be 100% sure it's what you want so you don't want to change it later. I'm sorry - not much help.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: As far as a setting goes, wait until there is one you are in love with. It makes no sense to rush and spend money on an expensive setting and then end up redoing it again.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic! If AVC's had only been around a year earlier.... Congratulations!!!!!! :love: :appl:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats surfingartist and thanks for allowing us to be of service to you. Love your pix, especially the last one. :love:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
surfingartist|1299719264|2868536 said:
Thanks! Are you in LA too? :)

I am surprisingly happy with the solitaire now..never thought I'd like a simple setting but for now it's perfect!

It's 2.06 and I think roughly 7.5x7.5 diameter. My finger size is 4.25 :)

Will post exact info soon though!

LALove|1299718573|2868531 said:

Thanks for the info :) I envy you gals with the teeny tiny fingers!! ::) Your stone looks huge and gorgeous and amazing on you!!! :love: I don't think it could be more perfect!

(I used to live in LA and so miss it- in freezing MI now!)

I agree with the other posters on waiting til you find a setting you absolutely adore. I don't think setting prices are going up as steeply as diamonds...?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement :appl: ! Your AVC looks beautiful and I love it in its simple setting. May I ask what color grade your stone is? I'm on the hunt for an AVC or an AVR myself and coincidentally wear the same ring size as you, so your pictures have been really helpful! Can't wait to see more, what a fabulous stone!

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
Thanks baby nurse! The stone is a k and to e honest, I was expecting it to be warmer but it's really a nice creamy and bright white to me :) are you looking for a particular color??

baby nurse|1299873067|2869736 said:
Congratulations on your engagement :appl: ! Your AVC looks beautiful and I love it in its simple setting. May I ask what color grade your stone is? I'm on the hunt for an AVC or an AVR myself and coincidentally wear the same ring size as you, so your pictures have been really helpful! Can't wait to see more, what a fabulous stone!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Simply gorgeous! Best wishes for much happiness together (and apart)!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
B-E-A-UTIFUL!!! :))

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
surfingartist|1299874761|2869752 said:
Thanks baby nurse! The stone is a k and to e honest, I was expecting it to be warmer but it's really a nice creamy and bright white to me :) are you looking for a particular color??

baby nurse|1299873067|2869736 said:

A "K" sounds perfect to me and yours looks very white! I'm looking for something with an antique lace feel, in the K-M range. I'm definitely leaning towards an AVC over an AVR (though I do love those AVRs!) and I'm hoping it will be as square as possible. Yours looks just lovely on your hand! Is the setting from GOG?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results