shape
carat
color
clarity

I get to start shopping for my sapphire e-ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Love the place holder ring your Fiance proposed with!! Looking forward to seeing your sapphire - when you find it!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I love my giant ring too! I wear it around the house - I don''t care how ridiculous I look!!!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 8:45:12 PM
Author: geckodani
$560 for the Crown Setting I''m debating over in SMTR.
1.gif
Wow! That is a lot better of a price than I ever expected for a Ritani. Hmmm.... maybe I need to contact Pearlman''s and get a quote on the Endless Love w/o Halo in palladium now.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 9:28:56 AM
Author: laurel25

Date: 9/16/2008 8:45:12 PM
$560 for the Crown Setting I''m debating over in SMTR.
1.gif
Wow! That is a lot better of a price than I ever expected for a Ritani. Hmmm.... maybe I need to contact Pearlman''s and get a quote on the Endless Love w/o Halo in palladium now.
It''s worth a shot! The one I got a quote on only has 2 little surprise diamonds, so the price difference will reflect that.
1.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 9:33:39 AM
It''s worth a shot! The one I got a quote on only has 2 little surprise diamonds, so the price difference will reflect that.
1.gif
I emailed Pearlman''s for a quote and Julian responded asking for a little more info, so hopefully I''ll hear back from him shortly. I also asked him what they might have in stock or be able to bring in for cushion cut sapphires since TanDogMom had such good luck with getting her''s there.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I heart Julian.
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a great story and awesome way to propose! I have NO advice on sapphires, I just wanted to say congratulations and happy shopping!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 2:55:41 PM
Author: Kelli
What a great story and awesome way to propose! I have NO advice on sapphires, I just wanted to say congratulations and happy shopping!
Thank you! :)

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 2:53:02 PM
I heart Julian.
1.gif
OMG! I just heard back from Julian and I can get the Ritan Endless Love w/o Halo in palladium with 1/2 eternity (I don''t like full eternity) for $1180!!!! That''s less than the Knox knock-off version ($1290) and much less than what they quoted me for a custom version to hold a cushion ($1800-1900 in white gold)!!! And I found out that Pearlman''s is in Battle Creek, MI, which isn''t far from where my whole family lives!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Julian is a dreamboat!! I have a secret crush on him!! In fact, he''s going to be giving me a ring soon!!!
emwink.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 10:40:45 AM
Author: Upgradable
Julian is a dreamboat!! I have a secret crush on him!! In fact, he''s going to be giving me a ring soon!!!
emwink.gif
And will you be posting pictures for us all to drool over when you receive said ring????

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 9:56:57 AM

Date: 9/17/2008 2:53:02 PM
I heart Julian.
1.gif
OMG! I just heard back from Julian and I can get the Ritan Endless Love w/o Halo in palladium with 1/2 eternity (I don''t like full eternity) for $1180!!!! That''s less than the Knox knock-off version ($1290) and much less than what they quoted me for a custom version to hold a cushion ($1800-1900 in white gold)!!! And I found out that Pearlman''s is in Battle Creek, MI, which isn''t far from where my whole family lives!
36.gif
OMG Yay yay yay yay yay!!!! You''re a MI girl? I''m in Auburn Hills, LOL.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 2:24:26 PM
36.gif

Ah Auburn Hills - that''s my old stomping ground! My ex was from Ortonville/Clarkston!

I moved to MN from Grand Haven (resort town on Lake Michigan near Grand Rapids) three years ago and I miss home so much! We go back like 3 or 4 times per year to visit though, thank goodness!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 3:44:05 PM

Date: 9/18/2008 2:24:26 PM
36.gif

Ah Auburn Hills - that''s my old stomping ground! My ex was from Ortonville/Clarkston!

I moved to MN from Grand Haven (resort town on Lake Michigan near Grand Rapids) three years ago and I miss home so much! We go back like 3 or 4 times per year to visit though, thank goodness!
LOL! Ah... Clarkston. Meh. Too funny. Next time you''re in MI we should meet at Pearlmans LOL!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
OMG I love your temp ring LOL! I adore all of the options I''ve seen here so far. Congrats and good luck laurel!
2.gif

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
laurel25, i don''t know if you remember me, but i was looking to reset my current diamond, you gave me some suggestions and i fell in love with the knox milano

then i went to a robbins bros to try rings on and immediately gravitated towards the ritani classic micropave, i couldn''t believe how similar they were but i couldn''t get over the price difference between knox and the ritani at robbins bros, i also want it in only half eternity because i am afraid i will just knock the inside part all the time

but now after seeing this post, i am hopeful that i can still afford the ritani setting, not that i have anything against the knox setting, but seeing the ritani in person made me swoon
30.gif

thank you so much! i love this site!

i am now waiting for a response from pearlmans. crossing my fingers on the price!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 3:38:16 PM
Author: ficklefaye
laurel25, i don''t know if you remember me, but i was looking to reset my current diamond, you gave me some suggestions and i fell in love with the knox milano

then i went to a robbins bros to try rings on and immediately gravitated towards the ritani classic micropave, i couldn''t believe how similar they were but i couldn''t get over the price difference between knox and the ritani at robbins bros, i also want it in only half eternity because i am afraid i will just knock the inside part all the time

but now after seeing this post, i am hopeful that i can still afford the ritani setting, not that i have anything against the knox setting, but seeing the ritani in person made me swoon
30.gif

thank you so much! i love this site!

i am now waiting for a response from pearlmans. crossing my fingers on the price!
Hi Faye! Yes, of course I remember you - you wanted the ripply, wavy style reset originally! I''m glan you found something you love! The quote that I had gotten from Pearlman''s for that setting was $1180 and that was for palladium. I think that white gold will probably run you $200 or so more and I''m not sure about the platinum. I do know that the Knox version has recently gone up to $1590 for white gold. I actually just ordered my setting from Pearlman''s this morning and I''m going with a Ritani solitaire in palladium - http://www.ritani.com/products/view/540. Good luck with getting your reset - I can''t wait ti see it when it''s done!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
laurel25, i was originally looking for wavy, but after looking through websites and trying rings on, i realized how much i liked the micropave look. i am actually going for palladium as well. did you originally want the setting too? i noticed the one you attached was a different one.

the knox white gold milano setting is listed as $1490 on their website. after inquiring, i was told it was an additional $300 because it had to be adjusted to fit my 1.25ct diamond. it is sized for 1ct. this threw me for a loop. after my robbins bros visit, i was just going to buy the knox ring, but thanks to you i am trying pearlmans first. $1180 will definitely let me breathe a sigh of relief.
3.gif

i will definitely post my finished ring on here. whenever that is. hehe. i can''t wait to see yours as well. sapphire is my birthstone so i always enjoy seeing sapphire rings! i''m sure the bezel diamonds will be a great complement.

by the way, congratulations on your engagement. your fi has a great sense of humor.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 8:44:05 PM
Author: ficklefaye
laurel25, i was originally looking for wavy, but after looking through websites and trying rings on, i realized how much i liked the micropave look. i am actually going for palladium as well. did you originally want the setting too? i noticed the one you attached was a different one.

the knox white gold milano setting is listed as $1490 on their website. after inquiring, i was told it was an additional $300 because it had to be adjusted to fit my 1.25ct diamond. it is sized for 1ct. this threw me for a loop. after my robbins bros visit, i was just going to buy the knox ring, but thanks to you i am trying pearlmans first. $1180 will definitely let me breathe a sigh of relief.
3.gif

i will definitely post my finished ring on here. whenever that is. hehe. i can''t wait to see yours as well. sapphire is my birthstone so i always enjoy seeing sapphire rings! i''m sure the bezel diamonds will be a great complement.

by the way, congratulations on your engagement. your fi has a great sense of humor.
Yes, he does have an awesome sense of humor and the proposal was even better because I was in no way expecting it. We''d talked about marriage, but I was thinking that a proposal would be a ways off (we''re renovating an Amish farm right now so all our extra money/time goes to that), so it was a great surprise!

I did originally want the Ritani Classic micropave (or what''s called around here the Endless Love w/o halo - if you search for that you should find some threads with pictures), but changed my mind about pave set stones. I''m not hard on my jewelry, but I can be a bit of a klutz at times, so I decided that something like that might not be the best choice for me. Then I was thinking WhiteFlash''s Petite Open Cathedral or a solitaire from James Allen. EBree suggested another which I loved, but which was at the very high end of my budget. Then I rememberd the Ritani geckodani had been considering, and how much I loved it. I had actually thought to myseld when she was getting opinions, that if I ever got a solitaire that Ritani - http://www.ritani.com/products/view/540 - would be it. I struggled with the decision and to make things worse, I kind of had a deadline of having the ring back in my hands by Thankgiving because I live 14 hours away from all my family & friends and will be going home then to visit and want to be able to show everyone the ring. So, I did a lot of soul searching this weekend and today and finally decide to go ahead with the Ritani.

As for the Knox setting, I think it''s really lovely, but if you can get the original for less money, then it''s a no brainer. I know that prices have gone up slightly since I got my quote for the micropave Ritani from Pearlman''s, but it shouldn''t be a huge amount and the great thing is that Ritani makes the setting for your stone and there aren''t huge upcharges like at Knox. Knox was going to charge me $1800 to make that setting for a cushion! Just crazy! Anyway, I hope you''re able to get the setting from Pearlman''s/Ritani - it is a really beautiful setting!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
laurel25, i received an email from julian today and he quoted $1890 for the setting in palladium, i''m so unhappy
39.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Holy cow! I would never have expected it to be that high! I wonder if it''s because you have a bigger stone than the standard 1.00 ct size? I''m so sorry, I would be so disappointed and I''m sure you are too. Are there any other settings that you love? Are you sure that it was for half eternity and not full eternity?

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i went back to check the email in hopes that i might have read it incorrectly, but he did specifically say half eternity. my second choice was the knox milano, but even that is $1790. decisions, decisions.

i knew you mentioned it would cost more than he quoted you, but i didn''t expect $700 more.
39.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your story. Too funny. Congratulations on your engagement. Good luck with getting your pretty ring.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 9:09:32 PM
Author: marcyc
I love your story. Too funny. Congratulations on your engagement. Good luck with getting your pretty ring.
Thanks! It was a pretty great proposal!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is awesome. All I got was a ring pop!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results