shape
carat
color
clarity

I FOUND MY PRINCESS CUT! a pic too...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
So Brenda from the mall jeweler called me and said she has a diamond that she thinks I will like. I went to look at it and just like others said, it 'spoke' me. I have looked at many princess cuts the past two weeks and I loved this one..it just drew me into it.

I am hesitant posting because I dont want you to all critique it and tell me I didn't do well etc. I won't get into specifics because I LOVE IT!!! (so please don't say anything negative or I will second guess myself like I always do) I held it up to the 1.21 F color I had on hold and it looked much bigger, without the prongs. So we bought it..

Because I researched I know what I got and it is in the range I was looking into. I also got my setting and now the clock is REALLY ticking!

H color (no yellow at all! compared to what I have seen, very clear on white paper)
SI2, eye clean! (I saw nothing and stared hard!)
polish very good
symm very good
girdle medium, polished
6.37 6.31 4.75
depth 75.3%
table 75%
crown 10%
pavillion depth 64%
length to width 1.01

emteeth.gif

Courtney

ps- sorry if I am in the wrong forum..

ccsdiamond2.jpg

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
a close up

ccscloseup.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Courtney, congratulations!!! I think it looks gorgeous and huge! What is your setting? I apologise if you''ve already talked about it, I caught the early part of your story but haven''t been on here much in the last couple of weeks.

It is such a relief to finally find the ''one'' And if it spoke to you then that is definitely the one. As they say, you know when you know! Hey mine is an SI2 (RB though) and I can''t see anything either.

I''m really happy for you that you can now move forward. I remember that you were hoping to be engaged before you went home? So will that still happen? Again sorry if I''m re-hashing what''s already been talked about, it''s just so exciting!

a

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
YES! I am going to Chicago to see my family in January AND Jason and I are going to San Diego visit his family for early christmas in two weeks....AND our
TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY is coming up next Thursday!

Here is a preview of my setting with the 1.21 stone..with prongs it will look bigger. When my BF gets it remounted the note in the box says...
"size 4, set higher to make it look as big as possible!" hehe

I wanted to keep it a surprise..but I love posting pics!!

myringisbig.jpg

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on finding your rock. It only matters that you love it.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous Courtney!!!! Looks like it''s on fire, YAY for you!!!!
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
In your pictures it looks stunning and you''ve seen it in person so you know it is stunning! Don''t get too caught up in all the details, just enjoy this beauty.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I love it! are they baguettes? It''s going to look huge on your finger, what size are you? I read you''re 5'' 0 somewhere, lucky you, I''m 5''9" and have man-hands that are 6+ size! I always think how much bigger my stone would look if I had petite hands!

So the jeweler will mount the new stone in that setting? Should really pop!

That''s great that everything will coincide, your anni, and all the visits with your folks. How lovely, a holiday engagement, sigh.....!

a

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. Should be a stunner. I cannot wait to see the final photos. And it is nice you will have it when you go home! A win win all the way!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, and it looks like an awesome size on your hand!! I can''t wait to see the final product. Congrats.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really pretty, Courtney
1.gif
(much better than the broker stone)! And the size is going to look terrific! Please remember to come back and post pictures of the finished ring once you''re officially engaged!

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
OMG! I had to say I can''t believe I found my ring and I am almost engaged!!! I love this site and OF COURSE I will post pics! AND more pics!

Now..I just need to find a forum to chat about planning a wedding! Know of any sites?

Me and my lovey... (Sunset Cliffs San Diego, where I have a feeling he may propose..)

awwww.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow how beautiful!
The diamond AND the couple.
30.gif

Long happy lives to both of you.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
congratulations!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! They say -- you know it when you see it! I did w/mine!

That''s a cool setting too ... I have channel set baguettes with my 1.5 asscher but they''re horizontal, not vertical. LOVE the look!

I bet it''s gonna look HUGE & sparkly on you! Set high, tiny fingers, the v prongs ...
18.gif

Date: 12/2/2006 12:26:36 AM
Author: courtneyclv
Now..I just need to find a forum to chat about planning a wedding! Know of any sites?

Right here, actually ... there''s a very supportive group in the "Brides Worldwide" section of this site. Helped me a ton planning my wedding (two months ago!)

Also recommend:

http://www.weddingbee.com/
http://www.indiebride.com/

Most folks also seem to use "The Knot" but I didn''t really dig the atmosphere there ... at least of the forums ... they have helpful BIOs of real-life brides & lots of dress pictures etc.

Exciting!

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
The setting is gorgeous..but I will wait to show all of it hopefully soon..can't wait for u to see the sides of it! Ok, maybe I WILL post a pic tonight!

hmmmm..nope not yet!

I was scared to post my measurements, because I didn't want to be critizied.. but after doing more research..they seem about right for a 1.55 so I added them to the first post above.

emlips.gif
emlips.gif
emlips.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great picture of the two of you, Courtney! I'll second Deco's mention of getting on the Bride's forum here once you get that ring on the finger! The girls here have a lot of fun showing wedding dresses and every other detail you can think of about weddings!

Start a new thread in Show Me the Ring once you get officially enagaged and post ring pictures and tell about the proposal. Lots of new people will see it there!

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Courtney, you looked a long time to find the right stone, and it was all worth it-I know you won''t second guess it!
30.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
cograts courtney! the stone looks fabulous! don''t worry about what others may think. the only thing that matters is YOU love it! do you have an ETA on when it will be done?

i''m so excited for you!!!
36.gif

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
I will be getting it very very soon! We leave for San Diego in about a week and a half and I have a feeling that Jason will bring it with him. I also know he can be a big procrastinater though and since he has about a week... if he does propose then I WILL be surprised. It takes A LOT of effort for him to even STEP into a mall..especially on his own! LOL

The ring and stone is still sitting on the dresser in the box..its driving me crazy!!! Ok..now I have to go peek at it again...hehe

emcrook.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 4:41:08 PM
Author: courtneyclv
I will be getting it very very soon! We leave for San Diego in about a week and a half and I have a feeling that Jason will bring it with him. I also know he can be a big procrastinater though and since he has about a week... if he does propose then I WILL be surprised. It takes A LOT of effort for him to even STEP into a mall..especially on his own! LOL

The ring and stone is still sitting on the dresser in the box..its driving me crazy!!! Ok..now I have to go peek at it again...hehe

emcrook.gif
I will cross my fingers for you two that he proposes quickly. Be sure to post lots of handshots and pics afterwards.

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
Heres another taken in daylight.. SOOOO white!

ccsredsmall.jpg

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
AND....the setting!!!! It will be a little taller.

ccssettingsmall.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
VERY PRETTY ..
36.gif

I don''t wanna be a worry-wart ... but you say it''s sitting on his dresser. Is it INSURED yet? If not you should add it to the renter''s insurence or homeowner''s insurence or get a sep. policy ASAP!

Also .. is the jeweler you bought it from setting the stone? Are they taking responsibility if something happens to the stone DURING setting.

I know this stuff isn''t as fun & exciting to think about - but important!
2.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is the certificate by?

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I love the stone and the setting!
36.gif

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
I will call asap on Monday and will put it under the homeowner's insurance. Yes, the jeweler we got it from is setting it. I am 'assuming' they take all responsibility.
Yes, It is certified EGL USA.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Courtney, first of all, congrats on finding a beautiful stone and the setting that you wanted. Second, congrats on being almost engaged. Third, I know that numbers make us crazy here. However, I think that everyone will agree that the most important thing is if the stone is beautiful and it speaks to you. This is something that numbers couldn''t possibly tell you. You had an advantage by working locally that some of us here do not have while choosing stones on the net. You could let your eyes be the final arbiter of whether the stone was the one.

From the pics you posted, I would say that you did that extremely well. Good job.

shay

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!

Maybe I missed it skimming the posts, but... why do you have the setting and the stone? Why isn''t the stone being set?

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
I went to the jeweler by myself yesterday(bf was painting) and LOVED the stone..so got it and the setting..I took it home to show my BF. Jason is going sometime this week, hopefully, to get the ring resized and have the center stone put in it. I could have done that myself too..but I want him to do some kind of work..besides paying! So this way..I will be somewhat surprised as to when he gets all the finishing touches done!

emrose.gif

ps- I have to mention...OMG that photo above with the red box looks amazing! I can't believe that 'broker' tried to sell me a smaller diamond, bad measurements, with funky symmetry and polish...for almost $1000 more than my beauty! It looks incredible in natural lighting and SOOO white and clear, and eye clean!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results