shape
carat
color
clarity

I found my oval!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
Congratualtions on your 20th anniversary. Your oval is gorgeous. Can''t wait to see the finished product.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
SOMEbody's gone D twice now!!! Don't they just ruin you forever?
2.gif
I skimmed...did you get the first, or second D VS2? I loved that first one...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 1:30:26 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 9/29/2006 11:40:41 PM
Author: Mara
actually cehra...#4 in what you listed would have been the F VS and that one definitely did not have a bow tie...in fact J said it didn''t as he was comparing them. for me #1 ...the D VS lisa chose ...and #4, the F VS were the two totally primo ones that J was comparing at the end. the other two had noticeable bowties. but i thought that the other stones had a little bit more fire too. i wonder if somehow the bowtie effect creates more fire? i''m totally not familiar with ovals.
The bow tie creates are dark line going across the center of the stone. Think black facets. My eye goes right to them each and every time. I''ve selected ovals for side stones before and learned what to look for. Could very well be that the stones with bow ties did have more fire. But wasn''t something I could live with long term. I am a picky girl!!!
5.gif
I''m picky too, would have picked the same one.
2.gif

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I reada once that an oval with a bowtie is perfectly cut. That when you look at it you see one arrow that runs through the bowtie. Now, I don''t know if that is true, but it is interesting. Maybe someone will see this and chime in as to whether it is true or false. Again, congrats Kaleigh. Mokey

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You picked a really smashing looking stone - thumbs up to you and Jonathan for putting up such a mesmerizing presentation!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 3:59:14 AM
Author: FireGoddess
SOMEbody''s gone D twice now!!! Don''t they just ruin you forever?
2.gif
I skimmed...did you get the first, or second D VS2? I loved that first one...
I picked the first one. Many thanks everyone!!! I can''t wait to have it in my hands and play with it for a few days before it goes to Leon!! I didn''t really go looking for a D, but that''s the way it worked out. So yeah it''s my second D, hehe.
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 10:11:41 AM
Author: Mokey
I reada once that an oval with a bowtie is perfectly cut. That when you look at it you see one arrow that runs through the bowtie. Now, I don''t know if that is true, but it is interesting. Maybe someone will see this and chime in as to whether it is true or false. Again, congrats Kaleigh. Mokey
Good point, maybe Jon can gives us the scoop on this. Thanks Mokey, I saw what you said earlier, that was very sweet!!!
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi all,

I appreciate the kind words and am very excited about introducing this new service. I realize the inclusion of two 2.02ct D VS2's was a little confusing. For clarification if we are to number them as Cehra did Kaleigh actually picked #3 as that was the 2.02ct D VS2 I used in the final comparison in the rings although both 2.02ct D VS2's lacked a bowtie. I can understand how that'd get a little confusing and my apologies for that.

#1: 2.02ct D VS2 (1st comparison)
#2: 2.09ct D VS1 (1st comparison)
#3: 2.02ct D VS2 (2nd comparison) the stone
#4: 2.01ct F VS1 (2nd comparison)

After showing the stones against the neautral backdrop I wanted to draw a comparison of the stones in rings since the stones weren't sitting stable in the video (if you note some were tilting when rocking them in the face up view). While stone #1 (the first 2.02ct D VS2) didn't show a bowtie I wasn't pleased with its overall shape and the 2nd 2.02ct D VS2 had the overall better optics (when examining brightness and fire as someone else noted in this thread, I think Cehra). So when I did the comparison in the rings I purposely left out stone #1 and compared stones #3 (2nd 2.02ct D VS2) & #4 (2.01ct F VS1) alongside stone #2 (the 2.09ct D VS1) which had the most notable bow tie so Kaleigh could see the differences. In the future if I have two stones that are identical weight, clarity & color I see I'll have to name them along the lines of 2.02ct D VS1 #1 and 2.02ct D VS2 #2. Both were nice stones but Kaleigh definitely has the better of the 2. The 2.02ct D VS2 presented in the ring at the end.

Kaleigh, if there is any confusion whatsoever let me know and I'll show you a comparison of the two 2.02ct D VS2's. From our conversation I believe you preferred the 2.02ct D VS2 I showed in the rings at the last segment of the vid.

Kind regards,

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/30/2006 9:00:38 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Rhino you described the viewing as being in ''diffused daylight''

Did you use diffused daylight or Diamond Dock diffused fluorescent light?
The DiamondDock diffuse daylighting. The same assessment is drawn outside on a cloudy day or outside in the shade or in office lighting.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jon, could you comment on why the ones with more prominent bow ties seem to be a tad more firey?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhino please address the question re: bowties and more fire. A few of us noticed that those stones with the more pronounced bowtie had more fire going on in them and a tiny bit less brilliance. Is that typical of a bowtie oval?

Actually now that you say that the one K chose was #3...I wasn't SURE if there were two stones but I did think that #3 looked good as well...and I even remember thinking I maybe liked it better than #1 but no #1 to #3 comparison was done so I wasn't even sure if there were really two 2.02 D VS's til K said I was right.

Anyway curious about the bowtie and fire.

ETA LOL Ellen... Cross Posting!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know!
9.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
From my recollection, the #3 oval had a smoother, more oval cut at the top and bottom, whereas the first oval was just slightly squarish.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a tad confusing but the oval I picked is #3, and was shown in the ring holder being compared to the F VS1. The other D VS2 was not shown in the ring holder.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/30/2006 11:29:21 AM
Author: Rhino

The DiamondDock diffuse daylighting. The same assessment is drawn outside on a cloudy day or outside in the shade or in office lighting. there are stones in pairs of diamonds that look better in one of these lightings than the other - surely you must agree with that? If you do then (DD aside) this statement of yours would not be true always?
I think it would be more correct to describe it as what it is then. DD difuse daylight is not Daylight.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa, I''ve missed this topic.
Lisa
36.gif
beautiful oval .
leon setting? wow I can''t wait to see it

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates Kaleigh!!!!
It is totally awesome!
Cant wait to see the pictures of the completed ring!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 10:12:20 PM

Date: 9/30/2006 11:29:21 AM
Author: Rhino

The DiamondDock diffuse daylighting. The same assessment is drawn outside on a cloudy day or outside in the shade or in office lighting. there are stones in pairs of diamonds that look better in one of these lightings than the other - surely you must agree with that? If you do then (DD aside) this statement of yours would not be true always?
I think it would be more correct to describe it as what it is then. DD difuse daylight is not Daylight.
here we go again,,,,
This is a happy thread dont wreck it!

Congrates again Kaleigh!!!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Ditto what Storm said
36.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lisa!
emrose.gif

I have been helping care for a family member,and haven''t had much spare time lately, and what a pleasant surprise to see your new project!
emsmilep.gif

Thanks Mrs Salvo for posting the link for the video!
28.gif
I watched in awe ... and a big
emthup.gif
''s up to Jonathan for a most excellent video.
emlove.gif
face23.gif

I love the diamond that you picked out, and I can just imagine the happiness and excitement that must be swirling within! I too, will be waiting to see your new leon! Half moons sound very, very delish to me!!!
18.gif
emlove.gif
30.gif

Take care, and glad to hear your mom is doing better.

Have a wonderful day!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks MDJ, Flower and Storm!!! We saw the car today. It''s sooo amazing. Will be ready in 2 weeks or so. I sent the one pic I have to Leonid, we''ll see if he can post it for me.
1.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome car - I love the old SL series. What year is it?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Beacon, it''s a 1969, 280 SL. Hubby was so excited to see it today. It''s in great condition. We''ll keep the hard top on for the winter.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
WOW Kaleigh! THAT IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
What is it having done to it? It looks pretty spiffy! What color is it, blue or black? Nice gift, I bet he is thrilled.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2006 8:07:37 PM
Author: Mokey
What is it having done to it? It looks pretty spiffy! What color is it, blue or black? Nice gift, I bet he is thrilled.
It''s midnight blue. Yeah in the pic it looks black but IRL it definitely looks blue. We are putting in new seats and new carpet. Tony''s passion for these cars matches my passion for diamonds. Hubby met Tony over a year ago, and really adores his work. He does this on the side, and the person that does the work is truly talented. Now to clean out our garage.....
3.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
your oval is divine. i have a special place in my heart for ovals and i sure would like to own one as pretty as your new addition some day.

really neat that there was a video!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
yay for picking your perfect oval! That video was great (Jonathan, you took customer service to a whole new level) I can''t wait to see the final ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results