shape
carat
color
clarity

I found my oval!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Awesome video. That''s my kinda t.v. My three year old and I were watching mesmerized. Very beautiful!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm confused. Which 2.02 D VS2 did you get? It looks like there are 2 different ones he showed in the video? Or am I totally mind-boggled by looking at beautiful baubles?

Anyway, I REALLY loved the 2.01 F VS1! The colors seem so rich and intense to me. More fire than the 2.02 visually. But both the 2.02 and the 2.01 were definitely the best 2. How fun!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
You have upped the ante with the pictures, Kaleigh! Now everyone''s going to want a video to choose their diamonds!!!

Wow, what a gorgeous diamond. Congratulations! Bet you''re walkin on air!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool, a diamond movie. I''ve never seen anything like that before. I think you made the right choice. Can''t wait to see the final result
21.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Lisa.......Very very cool video. I''m still not sure exactly which stone you chose, but obviously, the bowtie stone is out of consideration. It was really nice of Jon to make the video. That''s customer service. I''m sure your ring will be absolutely drop dead gorgeous!!! Fabulous stone put in a Leon setting. You are one lucky lady to be sure!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow wow wow WOW!!!

I gotta agree with Mara... that F VS1 blew me away. The D has a nicer shape (more curvey) tho. I dunno how you made a decision!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 5:10:06 PM
Author: Mara
I'm confused. Which 2.02 D VS2 did you get? It looks like there are 2 different ones he showed in the video? Or am I totally mind-boggled by looking at beautiful baubles?

Anyway, I REALLY loved the 2.01 F VS1! The colors seem so rich and intense to me. More fire than the 2.02 visually. But both the 2.02 and the 2.01 were definitely the best 2. How fun!
Mara, you're spot on as usual. There were two 2.02 D VS2's. I picked the first one shown in the video. He also showed it an a ring holder, next to the F VS1. It was a very hard choice!!! But it spoke to me. I pray I made the right decision, but everyone in the store loved it too. They are both fabulous stones, but loved the shape of the D VS2.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 5:39:23 PM
Author: Rod
Wow Lisa.......Very very cool video. I''m still not sure exactly which stone you chose, but obviously, the bowtie stone is out of consideration. It was really nice of Jon to make the video. That''s customer service. I''m sure your ring will be absolutely drop dead gorgeous!!! Fabulous stone put in a Leon setting. You are one lucky lady to be sure!!
Hubby is lucky too, we see his vintage Mercedes on Sunday!! It''s in mint condition and needs a tiny bit of tweaking. I hope the guy will email me pics when it''s done so I can show you guys!! Maybe I can ask for a video, LOL!!!!!
3.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
How cool! What a great way to compare the stones! I can''t wait to see the finished product!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Well, the BAR HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN RAISED on internet diamond-buying, I see!!!
2.gif
The poor vendors are probably all *groaning*!
2.gif
I say, videos for everyone!!!

WOW, LISA! I am soooo *swooning!* I love the stone you chose! It spoke to ME, too! I love its perfect, chubby little shape, and I ADORE its sparkle and fire... it has so much personality! OH, that ring is going to be a KILLER!
30.gif

PS Jon, another GREAT video! Thanks!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow Lisa, Jonathan really put together quite a diamond presentation for you and you chose one killer stone! This ring is going to be beyond gorgeous and I''m glad your hubby is getting "a little something" as well.
2.gif
Hope your Mom is doing okay. Have fun creating another Leon masterpiece!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lynn, FacetFire and Sundial. I am so excited, and can''t wait for Leon to do his magic. Sundial my mom is doing better, thanks!!!
1.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
LISA- that is one outta control rock! (and a great video)
That's the one I would have picked too. It's GORGEOUS, I MEAN YUMMIE! I love the slightly pillowy shape.
The F showed a little too much color at the ends for my taste, although maybe not so much in person. It was really pretty too.

I tried to take a screen shot of your stone, but alas it didn't work out.
I can't wait to see the finished ring... and car.
1.gif

Hope your Mom is on the mend - and feeling better really soon.

Scintillating...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - what a gorgeous stone! You''re one lucky gal; a beautiful rock and Leon to set it--doesn''t get any better than that!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I showed my husband the video and he was impressed. I definitely enjoyed watching that. What a fun project.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone Kaleigh! And I agree with everyone who says the bar has been raised regarding Internet diamond-buying. The video was the perfect way to give you what you needed to know visually. Plus I loved Jonathan''s NY accent during the *narration.*
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 6:46:16 PM
Author: Lynn B
2.gif
2.gif
LOL...I was thinking the same thing! I think I can hear the groaning from here....

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 9:06:25 PM
Author: widget

Date: 9/29/2006 6:46:16 PM
Author: Lynn B
2.gif
2.gif
LOL...I was thinking the same thing! I think I can hear the groaning from here....

widget
Have to say it's a smart idea, especially for fancy shapes. Ovals are so tough. You can't pick one by the specs. No way to tell by the specs if they will be bow tie free, etc.. You really have to SEE them. So Rhino rocks pun intended!!!
3.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 5:10:06 PM
I''m confused. Which 2.02 D VS2 did you get? It looks like there are 2 different ones he showed in the video? Or am I totally mind-boggled by looking at beautiful baubles?

if the stones were numbered 1 2 3 4 then my thoughts were #1 had the least bowtie and the most "brilliance" but #2 had more fire than #1 quite easily... I *loved* the shape of #3, it was different and less bulgy than #1 which almost looked cushionish a little. #4 was also more firey than #3. #2 had the worst bow tie and the most fire. #4 had the 2nd worst bow tie and the 2nd most fire. #1 had the least fire and the least bowtie. Hmm.... I think I''m sensing a trend LOL I think #1 was probably the "best" for someone looking for an overall look. I think I would have chosen #3 though because I loved that fat yet pointy shape!

Idealistic

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That must have been a hard decision. All 4 stones looked lovely!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lisa- it''s delurking day for me... haha. but.. wow, happy happy anniversary!

and what a fantastic project- I would have chosen the same oval...
18.gif
it''s stunning.

I can''t wait to see Leon work his magic.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 10:36:39 PM
Author: icekid
Lisa- it''s delurking day for me... haha. but.. wow, happy happy anniversary!

and what a fantastic project- I would have chosen the same oval...
18.gif
it''s stunning.

I can''t wait to see Leon work his magic.
OMG, no way!!! I have been thinking of you!! How is med school?? Thanks for the anniversary wishes. I''m glad you like my choice. I''ll have to show it to you in person once I get it. Ash loves Penn, btw.. It''s nice cause I meet her for lunch on Tuesdays, we are loving Pod!!! So glad you delurked!!!!
35.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! Now I could definitely like that kind of diamond shopping!! (Jonathan, you outdid yourself on that one!)

I love your stone, Lisa! Wow! I think I need your second choice stone, the F VS1!

The funny thing about that video is that as much as Jon handles diamonds, he was clearly enjoying comparing those stones! What a terrific job to have!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 11:09:04 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Whoa! Now I could definitely like that kind of diamond shopping!! (Jonathan, you outdid yourself on that one!)

I love your stone, Lisa! Wow! I think I need your second choice stone, the F VS1!

The funny thing about that video is that as much as Jon handles diamonds, he was clearly enjoying comparing those stones! What a terrific job to have!!!
I''m so glad you love my choice DS. I could be very happy with the F VS1 as well. So hard....
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually cehra...#4 in what you listed would have been the F VS and that one definitely did not have a bow tie...in fact J said it didn't as he was comparing them. for me #1 ...the D VS lisa chose ...and #4, the F VS were the two totally primo ones that J was comparing at the end. the other two had noticeable bowties. but i thought that the other stones had a little bit more fire too. i wonder if somehow the bowtie effect creates more fire? i'm totally not familiar with ovals.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I noticed the same thing, that the ones with prominent bow ties seemed a tad more firey. Maybe Jon could comment?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
cool video!! thanks for sharing it! I can''t wait to see how this project comes along, it''s going to be so lovely and classic. I''m sure leon will pick the perfect half moons to go with your gorgeous oval. Congrats on your selection.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 11:40:41 PM
actually cehra...#4 in what you listed would have been the F VS and that one definitely did not have a bow tie...in fact J said it didn''t as he was comparing them. for me #1 ...the D VS lisa chose ...and #4, the F VS were the two totally primo ones that J was comparing at the end. the other two had noticeable bowties. but i thought that the other stones had a little bit more fire too. i wonder if somehow the bowtie effect creates more fire? i''m totally not familiar with ovals.
The bow tie creates are dark line going across the center of the stone. Think black facets. My eye goes right to them each and every time. I''ve selected ovals for side stones before and learned what to look for. Could very well be that the stones with bow ties did have more fire. But wasn''t something I could live with long term. I am a picky girl!!!
5.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love your oval and you picked the one I liked the best. Agree that fancy shapes must be seen to be believed. So many subtle variables.

Cannot wait to see the final results - very excited for you.

I hope if they make more videos for other PSers they will get posted. This is an awesome feature and pure eye candy!
4.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, i loved the stone you picked out!! Can''t wait to see the final product in a ring.

Man...I''m also loving that F VS1! If only....!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results