shape
carat
color
clarity

I filled my Everyday Bling Bucket List with this Diamond Riviera / Riviere Necklace

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This is a lovely combination!! It allows the riviere to really shine. But I see, though, why you might hesitate. The gold necklaces are quite delicate. Perhaps a more balanced proportion would be to pair the riviere with slightly more substantial gold pieces? I'm envisioning a thicker gold curb link or Cuban link chain, or maybe an antique Victorian Albert chain with T-bar....or both!

I had higher hopes for the briolette station necklace. What I really want is a bezeled pear pendant to layer with the rivière. But that will have to wait!

Love the idea of a T-bar-that would be cool, too! @KristyDarling what’s a Victorian Albert chain look like? Do you mind posting a pic?

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Ok @KristyDarling not sure if I can make this combo work. The briolette station necklace is the pre-loved piece I just acquired.

760C37AB-511C-4BD9-9640-1E21C10EC382.jpeg

I like station necklace paired with Rivera. The heart distracts imo it’s too large and doesn’t compliment your neck stack at all. Maybe another dainty piece above I’m not sure yet. Also let’s see it stacked with another white metal

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I like station necklace paired with Rivera. The heart distracts imo it’s too large and doesn’t compliment your neck stack at all. Maybe another dainty piece above I’m not sure yet. Also let’s see it stacked with another white metal

Thanks @Missie1. The station necklace is cute but I think it’s going back. It doesn’t really stand on its own so I don’t think it’s worth keeping. I have a white gold station necklace I can experiment with.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Missie1. The station necklace is cute but I think it’s going back. It doesn’t really stand on its own so I don’t think it’s worth keeping. I have a white gold station necklace I can experiment with.

Definitely return if can’t stand alone. Can’t wait to see the white gold piece. I think I don’t like mixed metals with Rivera. I think all other stacks should match the metal of the Rivera.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! Love that you'll wear it every day.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Definitely return if can’t stand alone. Can’t wait to see the white gold piece. I think I don’t like mixed metals with Rivera. I think all other stacks should match the metal of the Rivera.

Oh but @themoonstoned can pull it off :lol: . Maybe layering is not for me...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! Love that you'll wear it every day.

Thanks so much! I have to wear it every day--it's not like I'm going to parties any time soon :geek2:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had higher hopes for the briolette station necklace. What I really want is a bezeled pear pendant to layer with the rivière. But that will have to wait!

Love the idea of a T-bar-that would be cool, too! @KristyDarling what’s a Victorian Albert chain look like? Do you mind posting a pic?

A bezeled pear would be gorge in any neckmess! 8) A rose cut pear would be stunning, too. I envision an Albert chain (aka "watch chains") hanging just below your riviere...how divine would that be! Here are a couple different types of Albert chains.

This antique is currently for sale by DAVINjewelry on Etsy. Very classic:

1602452140689.png

Here's a trombone link version that was sold by Lilicoco:

1602451189001.png

Antique Albert chains can be found in various thicknesses and weights, as solid gold (often 9kt), or as rolled gold (I have one...much more affordable and won't tarnish). Note that if you get a genuine antique, the gold will almost certainly have a rosy hue since that was the type of alloy most commonly used in the Victorian era. I wear my rolled gold Albert chain ALL the time, either alone or layered with other chains.

Oh, you might also consider layering a belcher chain with your riviere. If you're into antiques, Lilicoco currently has this one (18"):

1602452486024.png

One day I aspire to have a neckmess like Gwyneth's here. Her tennis necklace totally POPS amongst all the gold!

1602451896871.png

Hope that helps! :)

Sparkly_Diamonds

Rough_Rock
It is an absolutely gorgeous necklace! Makes me want to get one as well. Is the ring in your avatar from Tiffany’s? If so I had the exact same one but returned it because it kept getting stuck on my sweaters. But I loved it!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
A bezeled pear would be gorge in any neckmess! 8) A rose cut pear would be stunning, too. I envision an Albert chain (aka "watch chains") hanging just below your riviere...how divine would that be! Here are a couple different types of Albert chains.

This antique is currently for sale by DAVINjewelry on Etsy. Very classic:

1602452140689.png

Here's a trombone link version that was sold by Lilicoco:

1602451189001.png

Antique Albert chains can be found in various thicknesses and weights, as solid gold (often 9kt), or as rolled gold (I have one...much more affordable and won't tarnish). Note that if you get a genuine antique, the gold will almost certainly have a rosy hue since that was the type of alloy most commonly used in the Victorian era. I wear my rolled gold Albert chain ALL the time, either alone or layered with other chains.

Oh, you might also consider layering a belcher chain with your riviere. If you're into antiques, Lilicoco currently has this one (18"):

1602452486024.png

One day I aspire to have a neckmess like Gwyneth's here. Her tennis necklace totally POPS amongst all the gold!

1602451896871.png

Hope that helps! :)

@KristyDarling omg this Gwyneth pic is what started my obsession with tennis necklaces!!

Thanks for all the great pics. I love the Albert necklaces! I'm going to check out the gold filled ones.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
It is an absolutely gorgeous necklace! Makes me want to get one as well. Is the ring in your avatar from Tiffany’s? If so I had the exact same one but returned it because it kept getting stuck on my sweaters. But I loved it!

Thanks! The band is from a gift from my mom. Definitely not from Tiffanys;)2

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@lulu_ma

lulu,
i do think a bezeled fancy cut such as heart or pear solitaire pendant would look incredible. have you considered a colored stone pendant, a colored diamond or gemstone such as an emerald or sapphire or ruby??

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristyDarling omg this Gwyneth pic is what started my obsession with tennis necklaces!!

Thanks for all the great pics. I love the Albert necklaces! I'm going to check out the gold filled ones.

Great minds!! :bigsmile: It's a gorgeous stack and the tennis necklace is the star, IMO! :bigsmile:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@lulu_ma

lulu,
i do think a bezeled fancy cut such as heart or pear solitaire pendant would look incredible. have you considered a colored stone pendant, a colored diamond or gemstone such as an emerald or sapphire or ruby??

I would love any gem that was simply bezel set I think...like a east-west bezel set emerald cut gem would be :love:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I would love any gem that was simply bezel set I think...like a east-west bezel set emerald cut gem would be :love:

i think a bezel set fancy cut solitaire pendant would look fantastic on it's own but also spectacular with your glamorous riviere necklace. i think an emerald cut would make such a stunning and striking pendant. but i didn't suggest it as you already wear one ...

to better convey the color stone solitaire pendant with riviere necklace look. a slightly lighter "neck mess"

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
oh! :love: I had to re-watch the video several times. at first it seems like the emerald was attached to her riviere. I wonder how many carats the emerald is...

such a nice look ... i love it!! the emerald cut looks to be larger for a pendant. im guessing 2 to 2.5+ carats. difficult to say though ... just enamored with a fancy cut solitaire pendant especially an emerald cut
you both have similar style rings but i think yours is more unique with the tapered baguettes. hers is the standard split shank

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
such a nice look ... i love it!! the emerald cut looks to be larger for a pendant. im guessing 2 to 2.5+ carats. difficult to say though ... just enamored with a fancy cut solitaire pendant especially an emerald cut
you both have similar style rings but i think yours is more unique with the tapered baguettes. hers is the standard split shank
Great minds!! :bigsmile: It's a gorgeous stack and the tennis necklace is the star, IMO! :bigsmile:

Ok this is not a neck mess, but I just tried this. I guess if I had a thicker white gold chain or black cord I would try this pendant for layering too.
BA3701D9-42EB-4A94-B30A-7F3CED82B74C.jpeg

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
very very classic old school hollywood feminine glamour! i'd love to see it on a chain or cord worn with your riviere:)

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I’m late to the party but just want to add the rivière is absolutely stunning!
I would never take it off.
Ever.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
very very classic old school hollywood feminine glamour! i'd love to see it on a chain or cord worn with your riviere:)

Now I'll have to search for the right chain. :lol:

I’m late to the party but just want to add the rivière is absolutely stunning!
I would never take it off.
Ever.

@Efleon Thanks so much! Obviously, I'm kinda obsessed with it...:lol:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok this is not a neck mess, but I just tried this. I guess if I had a thicker white gold chain or black cord I would try this pendant for layering too.
BA3701D9-42EB-4A94-B30A-7F3CED82B74C.jpeg

OK I loooooove this!! It looks like they were created together as one piece! I agree that it would also look cool layered on a separate chain or cord! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results