shape
carat
color
clarity

I filled my Everyday Bling Bucket List with this Diamond Riviera / Riviere Necklace

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So so so gorgeous!! And yessssss to an "everyday necklace" you're a girl after my own heart!

Right?! Though, I've nowhere to really go :lol:

Stunning!! A dream necklace!! :kiss2: Will you wear this solo or paired with other necklaces for a "neckmess?" It would be gorgeous either way!

Working on a 'neckmess' :shhh: but DH doesn't know yet. It's all because of @themoonstoned-but I don't have a long, elegant neck like her...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Working on a 'neckmess' :shhh: but DH doesn't know yet. It's all because of @themoonstoned-but I don't have a long, elegant neck like her...

Woohoo for neckmesses!!! This riviere would look RIDONKULOUS popping out among a sea of gold!! (or white metal!) I'm drooling just thinking about it!

And I agree about themoonstoned....she is otherworldly beautiful and really should be a model. She makes every ring, bracelet, necklace, and earrings look amazing! (and omg her baby is crazy adorable!)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@KristyDarling I’m waiting on a floating necklace. I’ll post a pic of my ‘neck mess’ experimentation here for you when I get the new piece! But don’t expect @themoonstoned level!

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I hope you enjoy often, and wear your necklace in good health! :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is such a stunning piece. And here I was thinking the 8ct looked great lol 11 is better!

Right?! I really did love that YG 8.5 ct but I decided that I really wanted a more classic riviera look. And I was lucky enough to find this necklace.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Right?! I really did love that YG 8.5 ct but I decided that I really wanted a more classic riviera look. And I was lucky enough to find this necklace.

You have inspired me too, and I think I prefer the riviera look as well. It was great that you were educating us with sizes and styles, so thank you!

collier

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I love a daily diamond necklace. Enjoy it everyday!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
[QUOTE="maryjane04, post: 4834192, member:

You're welcome! I hope you share your journey when you start shopping! :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! It’s just beautiful! :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
it looks ultra glamorous on you!! i hope you wear your new beautiful necklace in the best of health. may it bring you endless joy and delight!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sometimes more is more :kiss2: Is a Riveria necklace graduated while a tennis necklace is not? Showing my ignorance.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
it looks ultra glamorous on you!! i hope you wear your new beautiful necklace in the best of health. may it bring you endless joy and delight!

Thanks so much @Big Fat Facets =)2. Btw, I saw your great post on your anniversary ring search. I may have missed your updated post-what did you end up with?

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
sometimes more is more :kiss2: Is a Riveria necklace graduated while a tennis necklace is not? Showing my ignorance.

Hi @partgypsy not at all an ignorant question!

I didn't didn't really know the difference when I started looking in August either. The terms riviera and tennis are interchangeable. Technically, riviere just means a river of diamonds so it could be a line or tapered. But on my research , Riviera typically refers to the tapered type of diamond necklace now.

Hope this helps!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much @Big Fat Facets =)2. Btw, I saw your great post on your anniversary ring search. I may have missed your updated post-what did you end up with?

thanks! yes, i actually did indeed find my diamond. it is an emerald cut, much like the diamond in your avatar! i found it last summer. i just have not set in it's forever setting yet. i hope to do so this year.

that was an old thread from last summer that resurfaced because @RunningwithScissors is researching emerald cuts for a future purchase.

thank you for asking!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
thanks! yes, i actually did indeed find my diamond. it is an emerald cut, much like the diamond in your avatar! i found it last summer. i just have not set in it's forever setting yet. i hope to do so this year.

that was an old thread from last summer that resurfaced because @RunningwithScissors is researching emerald cuts for a future purchase.

thank you for asking!

Oh so exciting! Obviously I love emerald cuts! The pic in my avatar is my engagement ring which I reset a couple of years ago ;-)

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Oh so exciting! Obviously I love emerald cuts! The pic in my avatar is my engagement ring which I reset a couple of years ago ;-)

yes, i LOVE emerald cuts!!! they are my most favorite! ideal cut old (style) cuts are also very nice. may i ask who you had set your diamond?? are you happy with the setting??

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
yes, i LOVE emerald cuts!!! they are my most favorite! ideal cut old (style) cuts are also very nice. may i ask who you had set your diamond?? are you happy with the setting??

Originally I had a heavy, thick platinum band modeled on a VCA style. I love my reset. It’s platinum with the original tapered baguettes. I got claw prongs because I’m rough with my rings and had actually chipped my stone. Luckily, no carat weight was lost when that corner was recut <phew>. There’s also a hidden halo.

My original ring and reset was done at Freedman Jewelers-they are a local Boston jeweler.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Originally I had a heavy, thick platinum band modeled on a VCA style. I love my reset. It’s platinum with the original tapered baguettes. I got claw prongs because I’m rough with my rings and had actually chipped my stone. Luckily, no carat weight was lost when that corner was recut <phew>. There’s also a hidden halo.

My original ring and reset was done at Freedman Jewelers-they are a local Boston jeweler.

oh my goodness! chipped stone?!!? what sort of prong did you have originally before the claw prongs?? i think of myself as rougher with my rings, as well. i just believe in wearing them, alot, to the point of, constantly. glad you didn't lose any carat weight.

are you comfortable starting a thread of your ring?? no pressure, of course. whatever, you are comfortable with.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
oh my goodness! chipped stone?!!? what sort of prong did you have originally before the claw prongs?? i think of myself as rougher with my rings, as well. i just believe in wearing them, alot, to the point of, constantly. glad you didn't lose any carat weight.

are you comfortable starting a thread of your ring?? no pressure, of course. whatever, you are comfortable with.

Oh I'll just post the before and after for you here :)

My stone was really dirty In the pic with the original setting! The original setting was hand rolled 3.5 oz of platinum. So heavy!

I might have done different side stones for the reset but DH is sentimental so he wanted me to use the original baguettes. The new setting unusual, very specific-but I love it. I really fell in love with the pave' split shank style. I also saw an amazing EC set with shield baguettes :love:

IMG_6107.jpg IMG_9826.jpg IMG_6650.jpg

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
so pretty!!! both settings are really unique and so different from each other. one is hearty, robust, sturdy while the other is feminine blinged out, delicate

thank you so much @lulu_ma , for sharing these beautiful and inspiring images with me!! so kind of you! i truly appreciate it!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
so pretty!!! both settings are really unique and so different from each other. one is hearty, robust, sturdy while the other is feminine blinged out, delicate

thank you so much @lulu_ma , for sharing these beautiful and inspiring images with me!! so kind of you! i truly appreciate it!

You’re welcome! Can’t wait to see your final setting:)

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo for neckmesses!!! This riviere would look RIDONKULOUS popping out among a sea of gold!! (or white metal!) I'm drooling just thinking about it!

And I agree about themoonstoned....she is otherworldly beautiful and really should be a model. She makes every ring, bracelet, necklace, and earrings look amazing! (and omg her baby is crazy adorable!)

Ok @KristyDarling not sure if I can make this combo work. The briolette station necklace is the pre-loved piece I just acquired.

760C37AB-511C-4BD9-9640-1E21C10EC382.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s completely gorgeous!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok @KristyDarling not sure if I can make this combo work. The briolette station necklace is the pre-loved piece I just acquired.

760C37AB-511C-4BD9-9640-1E21C10EC382.jpeg

This is a lovely combination!! It allows the riviere to really shine. But I see, though, why you might hesitate. The gold necklaces are quite delicate. Perhaps a more balanced proportion would be to pair the riviere with slightly more substantial gold pieces? I'm envisioning a thicker gold curb link or Cuban link chain, or maybe an antique Victorian Albert chain with T-bar....or both!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results