shape
carat
color
clarity

I fell in love with a diamond! Meet my 3.55 OEC!!!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1381979426|3539267 said:
valmanin|1381979015|3539262 said:
Yssie|1381977565|3539243 said:
Congrats Val!!! I knew MLB was out there waiting for you :bigsmile: :appl:

Amazing - so similar and yet so different! They're fantastic test cases actually - very similar face-up size, similar enough in body colour that that isn't really something to consider when comparing light return... amazing that such small differences in facet structure and pattern can make such a big difference in how you feel!!!

I do agree with Dreamer - sometimes these chunky old cuts benefit from a little bit of optical asymmetry! I know I usually prefer a touch of wonk ::) I can't wait to see how you set it!

Yssie, thanks so much! I agree that the asymmetry really works...for sure with this stone. No obstruction either even though I can see a distinct flower pattern. I couldn't believe how chunky MRN now looked next to her. Finding MLB actually made me appreciate MRN for his own charm. Not enough to keep him of course!

BTW, I just resurrected a thread about UWG in RT. Working on my new setting now!

I bit my tongue - but I confess I was hoping you'd stick your toes back in the unplated waters :bigsmile:
I just read it! I actually just got home from a trip and I don't trust myself to post coherently until I get some sleep, but I think my DH has skin like yours - caucasian, pink undertones but tans easily... I'll see if I can coax him to model some rings :halo:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it! Please get some sleep. No rush. I just absolutely love the way you articulate your thoughts about metal/diamond colors!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspected the new stone would face up much whiter in the old setting.... Anyway, a new setting sounds very cool. No negative associations with the last ring then, start from scratch and get something you love!!!!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
valmanin|1381928490|3538722 said:
misskittycat|1381908548|3538650 said:
I love the facet pattern on your new stunner. She's just beautiful!

I can't wait to hear how you set her. I love your original setting, though!!

misskittycat, thanks so much!

BTW, I am dying to see your new honker set! Dying!

Far out - me too! Monday is three weeks. I am going to send an email seeing where we are al. I'd love to have her next week but am thinking chances are slim...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both your stones make me drool. Congrats on finding the one that speaks to you most!! Can't wait to see your setting.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, I truly love it. You have the patience of a saint, I could not wait that long, lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results