shape
carat
color
clarity

i don''t mean to pry, but how much did you spend on your e-ring and w-band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve been searching through ps and google for the average cost of wedding sets, but i have come up empty

fi gave me the go ahead on resetting my ring again and purchasing a wedding band while i''m at it, he just wanted to make sure i stick to a reasonable budget

i hope you don''t mind sharing, even a ballpark number would help, thank you!
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My engagement ring cost $14,200.
My wedding band cost $3,500.

How exciting to have a reset project! I can''t wait to hear all the juicy details . . .

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Haven, thank you for sharing. i have been unhappy with my current reset, so i never posted photos.
39.gif

i''m making sure i do it right this time and i''ll make sure to post photos. i''ve contacted ari with singlestone and i''m waiting to hear back.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi ficklefaye :)

i read an article a couple of months ago done by the diamond industry, i think it was, which said that the average amount spent was around $4k for engagement and wedding band. before tax, that''s probably closer to $6k, or two months salary for someone earning about $36k

in may 2007 the annual average wage was just a shade under $41k. so what this means is that, while most people aren''t spending on average 2 months salary, they''re probably spending something close to it.

i suspect in these economic times, however, that this figure will go down as people struggle more and more.

anyway, i hope this helps!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure how other people's budgets will help you, unless they have a very similiar diamond and ring style?
33.gif

I'm sure rings on this board vary from 2-3k and upwards of a couple 100k, and everywhere in between!

Perhaps you'd be better served posting about what it is you're after and ppl can help you with price research that way.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 1:29:17 AM
Author:ficklefaye
i''ve been searching through ps and google for the average cost of wedding sets, but i have come up empty

fi gave me the go ahead on resetting my ring again and purchasing a wedding band while i''m at it, he just wanted to make sure i stick to a reasonable budget

i hope you don''t mind sharing, even a ballpark number would help, thank you!
1.gif
avg PS e-ring is $7k just for the center stone.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I think a reasonable budget is something that doesn''t get put on a credit card. Different for everyone. I am guessing a lot of PSers are jewelry hounds and don''t reflect the average.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ering was about $13000 and wedding band was about $700 as far as I can remember. Tax was on top of those amounts.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
About 1.3% of our combined annual income.
25.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you wanna know how much we paid for my upgraded e-ring!
3.gif

I thinnk my original e-ring cost my hubby, in 1996, about US $7-8k (DF as usual is right!
1.gif
) and plain platinum wedding band about $1k.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Engagement ring - about $1,500-$1,750
Wedding band - about $950

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
My engagement ring was free (from my fiance''s family)! We never really went ring shopping or talked pricing, so I''m not sure what I would have been able to spend if I''d gotten a new ring or reset this diamond.

My wedding ring (which doesn''t exist yet, because it''s still being made) cost $2,900.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well right now my centerstone has run us about 2500.00 but I''m upgrading to a ~1.3-1.4 carats and that will run us ~another 2k...so ~4500.00 on the center stone alone. Then I have a simple WG setting and band which ran us ~700.00...but I''d like to change those out when I can...which will add another 3-4K onto it...so I think I guessed when it was all said and done I''d have ~10K into my ring.

Hope this helps!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In 1995 my e-ring cost $1500. My plain gold wedding band was around $150.
My anniversary ring cost just under $3000.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 2:45:22 AM
Author: arjunajane
I''m not sure how other people''s budgets will help you, unless they have a very similiar diamond and ring style?
33.gif

I''m sure rings on this board vary from 2-3k and upwards of a couple 100k, and everywhere in between!

Perhaps you''d be better served posting about what it is you''re after and ppl can help you with price research that way.
Exactly.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
We did the "2 months salary" thing with DH''s salary at the time for the ering - it came out to around $20K (we went with a reputable & fancy B&M in our area - DH did not want to buy online). The wedding band was about $2K.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Since you are talking about a reset, you are really asking how much for an e-ring semi mount and wedding band (exclusive of center stone).

I would say averages are around $2000 to $2500 for the e-ring mounting and around $1200 for matching diamond wedding bands. Wedding bands without diamonds are obviously less.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I think "reasonable" is couple specific. DH spent what he thought was "reasonable" per his income at the time on my engagement ring. While shopping we really didn''t take into account what other people spent.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh....my custom reset will be about $600 (14kt WG and no diamonds), and plain'' ol'' WG band will be around $130. If I get the other sapphire band it will be over $400. My setting before was only $250...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 12:25:44 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Since you are talking about a reset, you are really asking how much for an e-ring semi mount and wedding band (exclusive of center stone).
That''s how I interpreted the question, as well... and I agree with AJ, that it varies way too much to get any kind of realistic range from an informal poll. Just let us know (over in rockytalk) what you''re after, and we can help find it within budget
1.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Like others have mentioned, average really doesn''t mean that much. You just have to figure out what style you want and check out the prices from there. A setting from a custom jeweler like Leon Mege, Maytal Hannah, Whiteflash, etc .. will run you from $2000 to $5000 on average but can go up to over $10,000! Or if you go the other route of say the eBay seller LOGR .. that will run you from $100 to $500. Or if you want a plain platinum ring ... then you are looking in the $1000s. So really ... the average means nothing .. the questions is .. the average cost of "something that looks like this ..". Better yet .. just figure out what is resonable for you to spend and then figure out how to get the most out of that budget.

Best of luck with your search.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like someone said, it really just depends on what is reasonable for you. My budget for my re-set was based on qoutes for what I wanted. I got the qoutes, saved up... then got it done. SO... if you want something that's not in budget for the moment, get ballpark qoutes and then save up. You'll be happy you did.

Ditto Charmy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also took it to mean settings not including a center stone.

For platinum, I''d say $1500 and up for a quality plain platinum solitaire (mine was something like $1600 from Leon). I just priced an antique looking Scott Kay set for my daughter yesterday and the retail price was $2300 for the e-ring with little diamonds on the shank 1/2 way and just under $2000 for the matching wedding band. So I''d say this is a good example of a higher quality designer brand in one of the less ornate sets.

Just go look on Pearlman''s site as they give prices for hundreds of settings. Scott Kay gives retail prices on their site which I think is great, too.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 2:06:59 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I also took it to mean settings not including a center stone.

Whoops! I gave the entire price including the centre stone.

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
Our e-ring stone + custom setting came in at a little over 15K.

I''m going wedding band shopping right now, as soon as I can peel myself off PS! However, I''ve already seen some stackable bands that I liked at the jeweler''s that were under $1K for two, so it''s exciting that one of our purchases isn''t going to break the bank.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I bought my wedding set before I discovered PS, so my set is probably very "sub-par" by PS standards. But I'll tell ya anyway: We got my e-ring on eBay for $1,000 (and it came pre-set, so I have no idea how much of that was the center stone and how much was the setting). My wedding band came from Fay Cullen, and I believe it was around $700.
5.gif

We do plan to upgrade though!
2.gif

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
My e-ring cost $2200. I am thinking of getting my wedding band from Facets. I want to get the 0.50 round channel set eternity band but want two of them so that''s probably going to run us about $1700.

I always change my mind about the wedding band, so I am not 100% sure!
33.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I find I''m not comfortable talking about the price. There will always be some who think our prices were too high, and some who think we didn''t spend enough. But it isn''t about what anyone else thinks, or what they do. It is only about what each couple can afford, what the budget is like, and where they do their shopping.

I''ll say this: We spent much more than our friends. But we had done our homework, and we know we got bargains for what we did purchase.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
My .80 G/SI2 Leo center stone was $3860.00 and I don''t remember how much my setting or sidestones were. The setting is a 14K yellow gold Stuller and there are 9 .08 ct sidestones.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
My setting which is Michael B was around $7500.
A similar LM would have been about $1000 cheaper, but I am in NY and still would have had to pay sales tax, and was worried that the pave would fall out.
I know that the store I bought it from will fix it free of charge any time, where as Leon won''t, so I bought it from them.
i like supporting my local economy when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results