shape
carat
color
clarity

I did it!! but help with pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elvingomez

Rough_Rock
so here is the snippet my friends got in email:
HAH yup, despite my commitment fearing ways, i finally stepped up and proposed to my long time best friend, nicole :) just so i dont repeat the story through too many messages, here's how it went:
It all started with a great day of college football and lots of money on the line.... or ummm i'll skip that....... i made arrangements with an oceanside restaurant in la jolla to set me up with an awesome table. I then got together with the local florist and had them do up my table sick like. Nicole kept thinking my uncle was meeting us for dinner so she had no clue. I even took her to a local bar to watch the SC and CAL game, but only to throw her off :) Some husband and wife behind us happened to be talking about marriage and she asked if i overheard. I said ya, but as usual, i said "i couldnt marry, not for at least 10 years, i gotta grow up first(HAH)".As usual she just gazed passed me in disappointment. So i said, enough. I'll take her for a walk. We walked the la jolla shores as usual, nothing fishy cuz we always do. EXCEPT! as we walked around the central park of the shores i said, "Lets take a short cut" she said, "ok" and we walked right across the middle of the park. When we got to the center of the park i stopped her in front of everyone (no one was on the grass because it was a little wet from dew, they were outside) and there we stood alone. As i stoppped her, i said , "I lied, my uncle's not coming, and there is no 10 years." I got down on one knee and asked her to make me the happiest man in the world. Needless to say, she cried and couldn't believe it. She said YES so fast, HAH! She cried the whole way back to the restaurant, and kept calling my crazy for getting her such a nice rock ;-) When we got to the restaurant, she cried again as we got to our table. The setup was PERFECT. We popped a bottle of good wine and ate some serious grub. What more could i ask for, good wine, great food, and my FIANCE.

It worked out GREAT! thanks to everyones help here, the ring is AMAZING. everyone loves it, and more importantly my fiance adores it. It is 1.76 round brill, F, SI1. please help me take better pictures. the keep coming out so blurry, maybe the flash?
RedRound.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring and great story, elvin! I am the worst picture taker ever so I can''t help you there! I live in San Diego so I can picture the places you are talking about and it''s just a beautiful setting. Congratulations on taking the leap!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a sweet and romantic proposal. The ring is gorgeous. Turn off the flash and use the macro mode on your camera. I''m terrible at taking pics, but eveyone says you have to take tons to get a few good ones. I can''t wait to see your pics, cause that setting is lovely!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet proposal, and a super-duper-sweet RING!!! Wow, you did that all by yourself with no input from your GF? I''m very impressed! I would be so proud to receive a ring like that. Congratulations!!!

cheethoe

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring and great story, the florist for the table was a cute idea. As for taking pics, had trouble too, I found it helped to be under a light that wasn''t too white, put the ring on a dark black surface and back up the camera until the ring comes into focus. I used a flash and it was ok, no flash probably would have been better but my hands were shakey so I needed the flash :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love a well planned proposal story and the ring is nothing short of stunning! You did good!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT proposal! You really did surprise her! And what a fantastic job you did on that ring!
30.gif
Who made the setting? I have not seen it before and it''s really gorgeous!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring and proposal!!!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring! Very pretty, and somewhat different (in a good way) setting. Congrats!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I love the scrolls on the setting. Congratulations!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whoa! Stunning ring--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh so pretty, congrats!!!! the ring looks wonderful.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a gorgeous ring! I love the scrolling detail on the shoulders! Congratulations!!!

bae7

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!!! Congrats!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Love the milgraining detail on the shank as well...just divine!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Congrats!!!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely proposal and lovely ring. Congrats!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I love the first photo in which your diamond looks like a headlight!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
love it, soooo sparkly

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
aww congrats to another san diego couple! great rock too! love the ring design! la jolla shores is so pretty were thinking of taking our engagement pics there! congratulations once again!
36.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This is a fantastic ring. I love the setting - it is really unusual. Where did you find that? Gorgeous, gorgeous!

I bet your fiance was in total, complete shock. Very nice story - you certainly did a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results