shape
carat
color
clarity

I cracked my jade bangle

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear about your bangle but it happened for a good cause. Be careful when you take it off so it doesn’t do further damage. Are you near any Chinese jewelry store that sells jade? See if they can do anything to keep it from breaking completely. I think they can add gold/silver cuff but not sure what the process is. I broke a jade bangle when I was a kid (note to parents to not give young children valuable jewelry, also lost a pearl ring down the drain during hand washing—still traumatized). I have a couple of really nice jade bangles that my parents gave me but I never worn them as I’m really hard with my jewelry and my hands fly all over the place when I talk. Good luck with your bangle.

Found this on Pinterest when I googled. Didn’t say who it was by.
F7E954B4-CF85-4A05-9133-D7FDD730C521.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just following on from DK's suggestion about what you can do ...... have you ever heard of Kintsugi? It's a Japanese form of repairing cracks by filling them with gold to enhance the beauty of the scars. I love this idea and if your bangle does break I wonder if it could be repaired by filling the cracks with gold?

Edit: Just seen that @fantapanda has suggested the same thing!

Thats so beautiful
Celebrating the flaws
You can buy kits on Amazon im sure

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Mellow, It couldn't be helped. At least you were doing it for a good cause. I cracked my favorite bangle for no good reason AT ALL! I had put it in a drawer in one of those chinese silk pouches that have the snap and the zipper except the zipper was broken so I only snapped it. When I tried to take it out the snap came off and my bangle flew in the air about 5 feet and landed on my solid floors. It didn't break but cracked like yours. My heart sunk and I was sick for months and months and everytime I thought about it I wanted to cry. Luckily my jeweler was able to fix it for me. It took over six months to get it done but before that it took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do. First I had to design what I wanted and show it to my jeweler. She said that she had to send it to Hong Kong because she only knew of one place that could do it because they had to use special tools because she did not want them to crack it further and wanted it to remain in one solid piece. So I agreed and we sent it off. After much negotiations we finally agreed on how to do it because they wanted to do it another way which I didn't like but then they finally agreed to do it the way I wanted. Long story short, they did a great job and now I am happy. Keep your beautiful bangle and don't fret because one day it will come to you as to what to do with it. In the end, I think I like the look of my bangle even better than when it didn't have the crack. Jade does find it's owner and we have to stick by them through thick and thin. I am still hoping to get a another solid lavender one though. That is why I asked you where you got your beautiful one. Sending a great big hug your way.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry for you! You put your dog first. That’s what mommas do..Hopefully it will be okay..

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mellow, It couldn't be helped. At least you were doing it for a good cause. I cracked my favorite bangle for no good reason AT ALL! I had put it in a drawer in one of those chinese silk pouches that have the snap and the zipper except the zipper was broken so I only snapped it. When I tried to take it out the snap came off and my bangle flew in the air about 5 feet and landed on my solid floors. It didn't break but cracked like yours. My heart sunk and I was sick for months and months and everytime I thought about it I wanted to cry. Luckily my jeweler was able to fix it for me. It took over six months to get it done but before that it took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do. First I had to design what I wanted and show it to my jeweler. She said that she had to send it to Hong Kong because she only knew of one place that could do it because they had to use special tools because she did not want them to crack it further and wanted it to remain in one solid piece. So I agreed and we sent it off. After much negotiations we finally agreed on how to do it because they wanted to do it another way which I didn't like but then they finally agreed to do it the way I wanted. Long story short, they did a great job and now I am happy. Keep your beautiful bangle and don't fret because one day it will come to you as to what to do with it. In the end, I think I like the look of my bangle even better than when it didn't have the crack. Jade does find it's owner and we have to stick by them through thick and thin. I am still hoping to get a another solid lavender one though. That is why I asked you where you got your beautiful one. Sending a great big hug your way.

My mouth hit the floor when i read 5 feet in the air :-o
But a happy ending good for you and your jade
do you wish to share a picture?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I KNOW D & D!!!!! You should have seen my face. I was in shock for hours. Here is a picture of the repair job .

fullsizeoutput_30db.jpeg

OMG !
I would never have known !

I love this look !

It was certsinly worth all the rigmirole sending it overseas to get fixed

Now im wondering when i see a jade bangle with beautiful gold (or silver) embellishment if its had a similar accident?

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
OMG !
I would never have known !

I love this look !

It was certsinly worth all the rigmirole sending it overseas to get fixed

Now im wondering when i see a jade bangle with beautiful gold (or silver) embellishment if its had a similar accident?

Maybe it did have an accident. It worked out for me though because I have always wanted one of my bangles to have diamonds on it but couldn't decide which one. I think God made the decision for me. This is how it looked before the big event. Which way do you prefer it? Dressy or plain?

fullsizeoutput_20a3.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe it did have an accident. It worked out for me though because I have always wanted one of my bangles to have diamonds on it but couldn't decide which one. I think God made the decision for me. This is how it looked before the big event. Which way do you prefer it? Dressy or plain?

fullsizeoutput_20a3.jpeg

Well its gorgeous before

But i do love gold and diamond embellishment !

Its like the most beautiful teenager girl who broke her nose but who went on to be a super model!

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Well its gorgeous before

But i do love gold and diamond embellishment !

Its like the most beautiful teenager girl who broke her nose but who went on to be a super model!

OMG.....you are hilarious! Love this. I also believe that diamonds are a jades best friend. Somehow to me the jade looks so much better with it.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you mellow. Do you rather have it before or after the repair job?

That's a hard choice!!! The diamonds really bling it up and make it much fancier but I think the notion of it being cracked will always sting a little, so for that reason I would not wish a "blinged up" jade bangle on anyone because it means they cracked it!

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
That's a hard choice!!! The diamonds really bling it up and make it much fancier but I think the notion of it being cracked will always sting a little, so for that reason I would not wish a "blinged up" jade bangle on anyone because it means they cracked it!

Lol I guess you are right. I have seen blinged ups that have not been cracked so sometimes hard to tell. But it is a hard choice for me. I did have a brown one that was not cracked but I asked my jeweler to put diamonds on it. Wait.... I will try to see if I can find a picture of it in my album. I will post it for you when I find it probably tomorrow.

Last edited:

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! Can you put a decorative strip of metal for protection?

But yes if you already notice it’s mostly them knocking into each other, then pls wear just one. Or both on the same arm.

Inspirations...
BFA9C9C2-F174-4F3A-BCA0-58DA6E1E35E6.jpeg 3EE3E7E2-2858-4CAA-B2A8-F8059A83A541.jpeg
62E21D99-9ECE-44E6-B780-1E1518A65B54.jpeg

I thought those metal accents were purely decoration. I had an idea data protection. Thanks for the info

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Found it. This is one of the first jade pieces I ever bought. Since I love diamonds and jade I had my jeweler make this up for me but I wanted a nicer design in the future and couldn't figure out which of my bangles would be the one. I guess the decision was made up for me.
fullsizeoutput_30e6.jpeg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

There is a bonus to this though. LOL if you can call it that. My jeweler said that the bangle is much much stronger now then before it was cracked. And if it drops now it has protection. I am amazed at how high it flew and how loud the sound was when it fell that it did not shatter into pieces but just cracked. Did yours crack very badly? I can't barely see any crack on it at all. I guess I could have still worn mine but didn't want to chance it breaking so I had it set. As I said before it really is my favorite bangle even now. It would break my heart if it broke and I could not wear it anymore. Sigh......

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I thought those metal accents were purely decoration. I had an idea data protection. Thanks for the info

Yes, but as mentioned for inspirations. Can be functional yet beautiful right?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Found it. This is one of the first jade pieces I ever bought. Since I love diamonds and jade I had my jeweler make this up for me but I wanted a nicer design in the future and couldn't figure out which of my bangles would be the one. I guess the decision was made up for me.
fullsizeoutput_30e6.jpeg

Oh that is very striking ! :kiss2: :kiss2:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I feel your pain. I did the same thing multiple times. I cracked rose quartz, amazonite, lapis lazuli and RUBY! I didn’t even smash the ruby one. It broke into two pieces as I was taking it off, even with liquid soap!

I’ve had better luck with jadeite.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
I feel your pain. I did the same thing multiple times. I cracked rose quartz, amazonite, lapis lazuli and RUBY! I didn’t even smash the ruby one. It broke into two pieces as I was taking it off, even with liquid soap!

IMG_4749.JPG

I’ve had better luck with jadeite.

Ouch.........hugs.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock

fullsizeoutput_20a3.jpeg
I think ‘before’ was beautiful, but ‘after’ is stunning. :kiss2: What a roller coaster to get there, though. So happy it ended well for you. I hope OP can find some solace in your outcome.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
I think ‘before’ was beautiful, but ‘after’ is stunning. :kiss2: What a roller coaster to get there, though. So happy it ended well for you. I hope OP can find some solace in your outcome.

Thank you bright. I do so love it now and I think I find solace in knowing that in this whole world no one else will ever have one exactly like this. Thank you for your very kind words.

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
It is a superstition that when jade or other stones that you wear break, they are sacrificing themselves for their owner to prevent a big future misfortune from happening. Don't know if you believe it, but it is a good sentiment nonetheless. Still very sorry to hear about the bangle though, it always break my heart to see pretty things break

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results