shape
carat
color
clarity

I couldn''t believe this when I read it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 12:51:51 PM
Author: decodelighted
Yes yes yes ... people are SOOOO gross and do things SOOO differently than *you* would and YOU have class and others are tacky and wasteful and gauche and dumb. Lets all get together and laugh at the gross dumb people. It''ll make us feel better about ourselves!

36.gif
Easy there Deco...c''mon, you know the drill. Every year we get a new crop of ugly PS BIWs. Par for the course...aren''t you used to this by now?
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 3:38:31 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Yes yes yes ... people are SOOOO gross and do things SOOO differently than *you* would and YOU have class and others are tacky and wasteful and gauche and dumb. Lets all get together and laugh at the gross dumb people. It''ll make us feel better about ourselves!
36.gif
Easy there Deco...c''mon, you know the drill. Every year we get a new crop of ugly PS BIWs. Par for the course...aren''t you used to this by now?
3.gif
Oh sure nuff. Could sarcasm be lost on this lot?
3.gif
Either that or they just don''t care about the brayings of us old mules.
11.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 3:43:55 PM

36.gif
3.gif
3.gif
11.gif
Yeah, soon they''ll be shootin'' old cranky mules on this side of the world.

Most of the egocentric ones leave PS after their weddings anyway (no longer the center of their universe, KWIM?) The ones with anything really interesting to say, stay. LIW/BIW are a filter for the rest of their forum, and I''m all for that...let em have their fun...they''ll turnover soon enough.

If not, FHH is going to be very, uh, interesting in a couple of years!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
oOooh, the big bad "anonymous world wide web", and "you should expect people to comment on your choices", etc...

What's funny, is that if this bride had been a member of PS, not a one of you would say a word about her choices, yet, since she isn't a member, it's fair game to give your lovely opinions of what this girl wanted for the biggest day of her life.

To each their own...

Princess, +1.

... Waffles anyone?
20.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 3:50:30 PM

36.gif
3.gif
3.gif
11.gif

Most of the egocentric ones leave PS after their weddings anyway (no longer the center of their universe, KWIM?) The ones with anything really interesting to say, stay. LIW/BIW are a filter for the rest of their forum, and I''m all for that...let em have their fun...they''ll turnover soon enough.

I don''t know what you''re talking about, not being the center of attention after the wedding. Obviously having a baby is all about you. You get showers, presents, and you get to order your SO to go out and get you Haagen-Daz Triple Fudge Brownie with Mint swirls or so help me God this baby will end up ugly! I''ll do it! I''ll effin do it!

Right?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 4:02:12 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 11/12/2009 3:50:30 PM

36.gif
3.gif
3.gif
11.gif

I don''t know what you''re talking about, not being the center of attention after the wedding. Obviously having a baby is all about you. You get showers, presents, and you get to order your SO to go out and get you Haagen-Daz Triple Fudge Brownie with Mint swirls or so help me God this baby will end up ugly! I''ll do it! I''ll effin do it!

Right?
Perhaps I wasn''t being clear. Of course, I have a giant headachel today so the odds are I''m reading everything incorrectly anyway....

People find PS usually because of e-rings. They stay to plan their weddings. Once WEDDINGS are no longer the center of their universe, (I wasn''t talking about the women themselves being the center of the universe) many leave. PS served their needs; they''re done.

And, uh, no...last I checked having a baby is not "all about you." It''s about the BABY. If it was all about showers, presents and ordering my SO around, I''d be OCTravelingGal.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Dangit, TG, your headache got in the way of my joke. I''m not so good at the online joking thing. Guess I can''t play with the big kids yet.
28.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 4:17:10 PM
Dangit, TG, your headache got in the way of my joke. I''m not so good at the online joking thing. Guess I can''t play with the big kids yet.
28.gif
Actually, I got it...two minutes late but my headache is RAGING at the moment.

Yes, there will be a place for them in FHH. All about them...I get it.
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And ironically, it''s raging because I am currently trying to create Baby Shower Bingo cards. Oh my god...argh.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 4:18:13 PM

28.gif

2.gif
Happens. Do you have Aleve and/or any Tiger Balm in the house? That''s my sure-fire headache remedy.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 4:22:20 PM

Date: 11/12/2009 4:18:13 PM

28.gif

2.gif
Happens. Do you have Aleve and/or any Tiger Balm in the house? That''s my sure-fire headache remedy.
Finishing these cards will cure this headache. I''m sure of it. 5 more to go.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 4:19:30 PM
And ironically, it''s raging because I am currently trying to create Baby Shower Bingo cards. Oh my god...argh.

Ok, I gotta ask - what the heck are those? They sound retina-searing.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 4:33:04 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 11/12/2009 4:19:30 PM

Ok, I gotta ask - what the heck are those? They sound retina-searing.
I''ll go post a sample on my friend''s IVF thread so I don''t keep threadjacking this one.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
B-I-N-G-O? At a BABY shower? How declasse ... the "in" thing is Twister. And afterwards post the pictures on Facebook for a real hoot!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 4:37:54 PM
B-I-N-G-O? At a BABY shower? How declasse ... the ''in'' thing is Twister. And afterwards post the pictures on Facebook for a real hoot!
Lay off Deco, we''re having waffles.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
When did commenting that a dress is a awful become a BIG BAD, or an 'ugly' BIW move?

We look back on fashion from yesterday and laugh "Oh God, what were we thinking?!" We comment here all day long about things we like, don't like, or even detest. Not everyone is catching feelings. If girlfriend had asked me here on PS if I liked her dress I wouldn't have said yes.

And this bride strikes me as the type that can hold her own and isn't worried about what others will think.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:00:36 PM
Author: Bia

When did commenting that a dress is a awful become a BIG BAD, or an ''ugly'' BIW move?

We look back on fashion from yesterday and laugh ''Oh God, what were we thinking?!'' We comment here all day long about things we like, don''t like, or even detest. Not everyone is catching feelings. If girlfriend had asked me here on PS if I liked her dress I wouldn''t have said yes.

And this bride strikes me as the type that can hold her own and isn''t worried about what others will think.

Well, hey, so do all do the rest of you guys...(cause you aren''t weak silly women, right?) OK, cool. All your dresses are ugly too.
41.gif

Dress, ugly, fine by me. Dress, ugly, stupid uneducated person, I''m better than that, not so OK by me.

But really, at the end of the day, carry on. This is your forum, and however you all see fit to contribute is really none of my business. Just as I can crash from time to time be b*tchy right along with some of you.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:04:08 PM

Date: 11/12/2009 5:00:36 PM
Author: Bia

When did commenting that a dress is a awful become a BIG BAD, or an ''ugly'' BIW move?

We look back on fashion from yesterday and laugh ''Oh God, what were we thinking?!'' We comment here all day long about things we like, don''t like, or even detest. Not everyone is catching feelings. If girlfriend had asked me here on PS if I liked her dress I wouldn''t have said yes.

And this bride strikes me as the type that can hold her own and isn''t worried about what others will think.
Well, hey, so do all do the rest of you guys...(cause you aren''t weak silly women, right?) OK, cool. All your dresses are ugly too.
41.gif

Dress, ugly, fine by me. Dress, ugly, stupid uneducated person, I''m better than that, not so OK by me.

But really, at the end of the day, carry on. This is your forum, and however you all see fit to contribute is really none of my business. Just as I can crash from time to time be b*tchy right along with some of you.
Not sure who you''re referring to as being/or not being weak or silly. I don''t think I would ever say that a woman I never met was uneducated, ugly, and stupid - I didn''t read the article, if that is what someone said.

I just can''t believe I can''t comment about a dress without being given the ''tsk tsk.''

I love UGGS remember? And I know quite of few of you think they are hideous, atrocious, gross, etc., etc.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Bia. Women here have been told that dresses they''ve tried on are "too revealing" or "inappropriate" wedding attire.
This dress, if we can even call it that, is the epitome of inappropriate if you ask me. Nothing to do with the bride being ugly or stupid, or uneducated. I don''t think anyone said that. It is an ugly and inappropriate "wedding" dress...unless you have a stripper wedding theme!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you told people WHO HAVEN''T ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION. Would you walk up to a woman at David''s Bridal and say "too hoochie mama"? Or *worse* ... look at someone''s WEDDING ALBUM and say "oh gross!"

I get it. Bridal insecurity and the pressure to have the "perfect wedding" makes ladies want to cut others down so that they can feel better by comparison. Its just an UGLY tactic. That reflects poorly on the one doing the smack-talking. IMHO, that is.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:31:39 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
I agree with Bia. Women here have been told that dresses they''ve tried on are ''too revealing'' or ''inappropriate'' wedding attire.
This dress, if we can even call it that, is the epitome of inappropriate if you ask me. Nothing to do with the bride being ugly or stupid, or uneducated. I don''t think anyone said that. It is an ugly and inappropriate ''wedding'' dress...unless you have a stripper wedding theme!
Really? You took looked at a photo of a PS bride here ON HER WEDDING day and told her her dress was too revealing and inappropriate?

As for the highlighted part, please go look at the second post on this thread. Obviously no one should spend that kind of money on a 16 year old''s wedding when she should be school getting an education. Both the bride and whoever paid for that dress should be shot, because no one should pay THAT much for THAT dress, right?

It may be the epitome of inappropriate for YOU, but in their culture it is perfectly appropriate. In THEIR culture. Not yours. I haven''t even looked at the link and I know which wedding this is...it''s all been said before. Maybe in some cultures, it''s not appropriate to wear white, think of that? And aren''t brides supposed to wear white here to symbolize virginity? But the vast lot of us were having a merry old time before the big day, so how is that appropriate?

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh so anyone who has commented negatively on the dress is insecure? This woman''s pictures have been in tabloids, internet sites, etc, EVERYWHERE. Guess what? That generates opinions...good ones, bad ones, deal with it. If pics of me were all over the place, wedding pics or not, I would expect people to have all sorts of opinions about them. And what would I do? Put my big girl panties on and deal with them. Do you really think she does not know that her dress is different and thus likely to generate MANY different opinions. What I think is worse than potentially hurting the feelings of someone who might potentially someday wander onto PS and see the criticism of her pics is the overt bashing of the ladies posting on this forum and the implications about the future of the boards if it weren''t for the inevitable turnover. Now that, to me, is rude and uncalled for.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:36:11 PM
Have you told people WHO HAVEN''T ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION. Would you walk up to a woman at David''s Bridal and say ''too hoochie mama''? Or *worse* ... look at someone''s WEDDING ALBUM and say ''oh gross!''

I get it. Bridal insecurity and the pressure to have the ''perfect wedding'' makes ladies want to cut others down so that they can feel better by comparison. Its just an UGLY tactic. That reflects poorly on the one doing the smack-talking. IMHO, that is.
Don''t try and act like you know why I said that dress was horrible. You''re way off.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I still laugh at George W Bush and his "Bush-isms?" and say that I think he looks like a monkey?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:49:22 PM
Oh so anyone who has commented negatively on the dress is insecure?
Yup. Feels good to be so classy & smart right? When others are so ugly & dumb. Yay you!

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:42:34 PM
Date: 11/12/2009 5:31:39 PM

I agree with Bia. Women here have been told that dresses they''ve tried on are ''too revealing'' or ''inappropriate'' wedding attire.

This dress, if we can even call it that, is the epitome of inappropriate if you ask me. Nothing to do with the bride being ugly or stupid, or uneducated. I don''t think anyone said that. It is an ugly and inappropriate ''wedding'' dress...unless you have a stripper wedding theme!
Really? You took looked at a photo of a PS bride here ON HER WEDDING day and told her her dress was too revealing and inappropriate?

As for the highlighted part, please go look at the second post on this thread. Obviously no one should spend that kind of money on a 16 year old''s wedding when she should be school getting an education. Both the bride and whoever paid for that dress should be shot, because no one should pay THAT much for THAT dress, right?

It may be the epitome of inappropriate for YOU, but in their culture it is perfectly appropriate. In THEIR culture. Not yours. I haven''t even looked at the link and I know which wedding this is...it''s all been said before. Maybe in some cultures, it''s not appropriate to wear white, think of that? And aren''t brides supposed to wear white here to symbolize virginity? But the vast lot of us were having a merry old time before the big day, so how is that appropriate?

Nope. I have never told anybody their dress was too revealing or inappropriate. But YES, I have seen it. Someone tried a dress on, was told it was too revealing/inappropriate and then someone who actually wore the dress came back and posted pics of herself in it, and then it changed to "oh but you looked great, you rocked it."

And if that''s their culture, FINE, I respect that, BUT I DON''T HAVE TO LIKE THE DRESS.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:53:49 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Can I still laugh at George W Bush and his ''Bush-isms?'' and say that I think he looks like a monkey?
Yes. Because he''s not a poster. Beware though, political talk is prohibited.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:53:58 PM

Yup. Feels good to be so classy & smart right? When others are so ugly & dumb. Yay you!
hisdiamondgirl: it''s not even worth it at this point. I forgot, I can only have a valid opinion when others say it''s okay. Bad Bia!
20.gif

We''re newbies and we get to be ''schooled'' by the oldies - oldies reign supreme here, didn''t you know?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2009 5:57:22 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 11/12/2009 5:53:49 PM

Author: MakingTheGrade

Can I still laugh at George W Bush and his ''Bush-isms?'' and say that I think he looks like a monkey?

Yes. Because he''s not a poster. Beware though, political talk is prohibited.

Oh ok. I also think Jack Black looks a bit like a french bulldog for some reason.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:53:58 PM

Really? You don''t even know me and you''re going to personally attack me for expressing my opinion! Now that''s classy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results