shape
carat
color
clarity

I caved. RG+cushions+bezels+milgrain+DBTYbracelet

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Hospatogi, Amy, bright ice, yenny, GamGam, Sharon, Tacori, minmin, mrssalvo, lbabber, dragonfly, nfo, slg, Sandy, Ninama, Frenchgirl!!

Trekkie - aww, thank you! I'm having so much fun filling my jewellery box bit by bit :))

Zoe - thank you! The size the bezels add is quite astounding! The stones themselves are a bit wonky, and the bezels follow their natural outlines pretty closely - which just ups the cute factor IMO ::)

lknv - thank you :)) The bezels themselves actually hardly flip at all. The double chain keeps the one upright, and the other is so close to the jump ring (only 5 links away) - there's just not enough chain to let it flip around from its natural orientation (which is currently upside down, it's going back to BGD next week to fix that little glitch).

MGR - thank you! The drape is one of my favourite things about it! Putting the second bezel on the bigger chain so close to the clasp was unwitting genius - it drags the bigger chain down, so the three chains naturally separate on the wrist, which I really like...

D&T - hey! I hope you're wearing yours more - it was one of my inspirations! The two tone is brilliant - I can't afford a stone the size of LGK's but I can fake it with metal colour ;))

BBO - more pics? Happy to oblige!

beth - thank you! I've been wearing it all day and I totally forgot about it for a good couple of hours this morning. I wear bracelets a lot though so I'm pretty used to the feel of things on my wrist at this point!

Circe - that's exactly the look I was going for - you make it sound very upscale :cheeky:

So - to answer a couple of questions that I myself had going into this:

1. The bracelet does spin! A lot. I'm glad I had them put one of the bezels on the bottom - now I don't mind when the entree is hanging by my palm... I erred large on the total length though, I think if I'd asked for 6" or maybe even 5-3/4 it would spin a lot less. But I rather like the way the extra length makes the chains drape over each other :sun:

2. Milgrain + bezels = major size boost! The stones are lower coloured (and were clearly cut some time ago, primarily for weight retention - the body colour is evident face-up). I picked unplated 14k Nickel wg hoping to match the face-up colour. I can see on the polished underside that the metal of the bezels is a bit lighter than the stone body colour, but face-up the milgrain dulls it a bit, so it's a good match. I'm glad I went with 14k, I think 18k would've been too yellowy - and the 14k chains are PINK!

3. I've jammed the culet into my wrist/arm several times today, resting my arms on things, so far so good - and I have pretty bony wrists! I can see this becoming an issue with bigger stones, or with stones w/ pointed culets, though. I do wear bracelets often enough that getting used to the feel of having things on my wrist isn't a concern.

Plated white gold, unplated Ni-alloy 14k white gold, unplated Ni-alloy 18k white gold - I think the colour gradient is pretty evident!
YssieBraceletColourA_0.png

Colour comparison - stud is an I, cushion is estimated N
YssieBraceletColourB.png

And a couple for BBO ::)

YssieBracelet1.png YssieBracelet2.png

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie..... it is sooo beautiful! I love it. The mix of metal colors and the stones are a perfect combo. and the pic with your ring wowza!!!

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Yssie|1307087048|2936767 said:
Thanks Dandi!! I'm super excited about it. I was worried that it would be too much Quirk, if you know what I mean - with the different chains, the double/single strand style, the odd stone placement - it all worked out really well though!
Aye caramba, it's perfection! I love love love it! I think I need one. Now!!!! You are a fantastic visionary with this jewelry stuff, Yssie!

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
Oh its perfect, not anything negative to say about it!! I imagine any bracelet would spin quite a bit, I'm not really a bracelet person so I was curious but it makes sense that it would. I totally agree with the 14k point as well, I don't think the "pinkness" of rose gold comes over in pics all the time but it is so pretty in person.

Can I just say, the last 2 pics literally made my heart skip a beat! Your 3 stone is to die for and with that bracelet too, I don't think I could get anything done b/c I would be looking down at my hand all freakin' day!!!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Yssie, you have the BEST taste! I love it, in fact I want it:)

Once I get back from Ethiopia I think DH and I might have to start scraping together some funds for me to embark on a similar project in celebration on my son :Up_to_something: ;))

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cushions are gorgeous, I love the millegrained bezels, and rose gold is so beautiful :love: :love:! Exquisitely done! Congratulations and wear it in good health :)) .

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! The bracelet is SPECTACULAR! Your ring is perfect. Together they're truly...WOW! Very pretty and you wear them BEAUTIFULLY!

ETA: Forgive me if I've missed the answer to this but, how did you decide the different link sizes? I LOVE that! And...thank you for the pictures! :) :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I LOVE IT!
It's gorgeous, Yssie! I love the different link sizes, and those stones :love: , and the RG is to die for. A really stunning bracelet.
You did GOOD, my dear.

How stunning. You're got great design in you! Me likey!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Delicious!!!! I love it!! ENJOY!!! :appl:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful Yssie! Enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, Yssie, those turned out amazingly well! I love them! :love: I think the rose gold is gorgeous on your skin, too! I must work on a rose gold project because yours, Haven's, and Elisa's have really sold me on the beauty of rose gold!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I love it! :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Creative and classy.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's fantastic! I love the design (big fan of mixed chain jewelry here!) and the stones are gorgeous! Wear it in good health!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elisa - thank you! And OMG I *need* studs just like yours!!

Ruby - aww, thank you!! That is high praise indeed ::)

beth - the pinkness *is* hard to get on-camera - either the bezels look pink or the chains look washed out! Obviously I need to upgrade from my P&S ;)) thank you again for your kind words! And.. I normally do take everything off for work - otherwise I really *don't* get much done!

Bella - whoa, you have your trip out planned?! Oh, I have fallen behind on that thread - big CONGRATS!!!! And thank you :))

baby nurse - thank you!

BBO - Thank you, again! I knew from the start that I wanted that chain to be different - I had said either a heavier chain or a different style - snake, weave.. the heavier gauge wound up being what they could do, so that's what they went with! I feel a bit better wearing it with the heavier chain, too - the other two are *so* delicate, I would constantly worry if it was just one of the thin ones.

Haven - thank you!! The RG made for an easy choice, after seeing your and LGK's lower coloured stones in RG :love:

whatami, Dani, Farley, rosetta, MTG - thank you!! :bigsmile:

DS - they really did turn out well, thank you! Normally I'd have gone for more coppery 18k, but it fades into my skin and I wanted the delicate chains to stand out a bit more - these chains are pinker than any other RG I've got! They match in colour, too, which was one of my concerns, assuming BGD sourced them from different manufacturers...

Thing - thank you! I am *not* usually a fan of mixing chains, metals, colours on the same piece - practicality aside, consider me converted 8)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty and fun! I like the different chains. And if it spins, you always have a diamond to look at.

Question: don't the stone flip around all the time? I have wondered this about the practicality of a bracelet like that.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1307222227|2937885 said:
So pretty and fun! I like the different chains. And if it spins, you always have a diamond to look at.

Question: don't the stone flip around all the time? I have wondered this about the practicality of a bracelet like that.

Thanks!

The stones don't flip - the two chains on the one are very good about keeping it face-up, and the other is so close to the clasp (which is flat and doesn't flip at all) that there isn't enough chain to let it flip for more than a second, before it rights itself! Though as I mentioned to lknv "rights itself" currently means upside down - BGD will be fixing that next week :))

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've created something unique and fabulous. I like your style! Nice job!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you gemgirl :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's on its way back to BGD.

I miss it already. I've been wearing it non-stop for the past few days and it really is a Forget-All-About-It piece!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Impeccable!! :love: :love: Absolutely amazing! I don't know how I missed this thread! I was thinking that maybe I would put a diamond pendant on my wish list for christmas, but now I want YOUR bracelet! :Up_to_something: Some many different elements went into the design, I would have been a wreck waiting to see how it all came together. I'm happy that you are so thrilled! :appl: I wasn't sure that I liked RG but it's a perfect compliment to your skin tone!

So....have you gotten it back yet? anymore pics??

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Christina!!

Yes, I got it back a few days ago! It's been a journey, and there is much to be said for happy endings :appl:

I confess, it was such a busy time that I didn't think much of it until it was shipped out, actually! I will say that I found working with BGD to be very different from working with WF, despite what I assume are similar business models... Joe and Leon at WF are mind readers - I tell them what I'm going for, we chat and chart the details and they fill in the gaps and make it happen. While I didn't feel that the BGD crew "felt" what I was going for in that same way, Brian is so carefully precise about fulfilling every exacting specification that the outcome is much the same - and since I did have very specific wants, I am happy with what I've got! Another PSer Gypsy has described how she and BGD really *connect*.

No more pics I'm afraid, I'm all out of creative poses and I killed the flowers weeks ago - they never do last more than a couple of days despite my best efforts...

It's an interesting design to wear IRL. The chains do tangle constantly - but they look pretty tangled, so I don't mind! It's tough to put on by myself, and the end jump ring constantly flips making the other chains tangle, so sorting everything out before getting help with the clasp is a good two minute affair - and the chains are delicate so it's really not an all-weather piece, so there's a lot of taking it off and putting it on! I'm going to have to do something about that flipping jump ring.. I was thinking about a charm to weigh it down, but the bracelet is pretty loose as it is, a charm would add to the dangliness and up the casual factor and I'm not so sure I want that... will have to give it some thought.

Haha since you asked ::)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have Beautiful Jewelry!!! Your new additions are Lovely!!! I love your cushions, bracelet, 3stone...heck, your entire collection is Stunning!!! :love:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
You bracelet is very beautiful!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I'm late to the party - but, lovely! So delicate and pretty.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1307086548|2936765 said:
EEK!!!! Yssie it's amazing! The stones are darling, the rose gold and milgrain are to DIE for, the double strand paired with the single... ahhhhhhh it's all too much for me, I'm overcome!! :bigsmile: Congrats, I LOVE IT!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

That is exactly what I would have said too!! I will add OMG that is soooooooo pretty and original! :love: :love:

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
oh my, yssie, what a beauty!! it looks absolutely gorgeous on you, and I love the very soft color of the rose gold.

It really harmonizes with the stones, and yet it makes them pop!! :))

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie...you're killing me...I've been trying to convince myself that all the items on my wish list are checked and obtained...Why are you putting new ideas in my mind??? :D
Your new bracelet is A M A Z I N G and a totally unique and original piece :appl: I love it :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

You know what would look really good on you?

Me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results